[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

@seungshin~~ Thank you very much for the translation :wub: 

I wonder who is the "I" in the title of the written preview.

Episode 11 written preview:

‘I am going to get bad…I have no choice to be bad against that person’

Isn't it so frustrating that Korean language can have a whole sensible sentence without having the subject specified???

I'd say it's Eun Dong talking.  She's the 'I'

For 'authentic' Korean speakers, they would have no trouble figuring out who the 'I' is but someone like me who's more used to English where the subject is imperative and mentioned right at the beginning of any sentence, it throws me often   :)  

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read someone asking is somebody's sick coz of the photo of JJM in a pharmacy?? I hope not.. Do you guys think ED had complications during the accident?? That would be so cruel. Just NO...

Personally I don't think that pharmacy will be a part of the story at all.  Pharmacies are located like corner stores in Korea.  I think JJM happened to be walking by there and a fan took a photo of it.

From the preview Eun Dong's adoptive father goes to a lawyer?O_______O OMG, troubles for our OTP! Another thing: Hyun Soo's parents maybe will find out that Ra Il is their grandson...O___O

I think the ED adoptive father goes to the reporter. I distinctly hear him say 거짓말 (lies) but maybe I misheard it! If I didn't he probably went to a reporter and is trying to say that this book is a lie and maybe tarnish HS reputation! BTW thanks for the new preview!

really...I think its the reporter who said something about lies.  A storm about to come through soon  think

Wow! The preview!!! :D

I agree that both stepmom and stepfather dind't know that RI isn't Choi's son. I think that JH told to them that the whole ED's behaviour was caused by EH's influency, and lied that before EH's came she loved him and that they even slept together (what one can think is a big "demostration of love"). ED's step parents had no reason to not believe in him, and then step dad help him to make up the whole story. One thing that strongly impressed me in ep.9 was what JH said to ED: "he makes you a bad person, he did it before and is doing it now". To me, he wasn't saying it just to stop her from seeing EH, but more that in his ditorced mind he can believe that and act according to his beliefs. I mean, I think it's a kind of justification to him, as saying to himself "she isn't in her good mind, it's him who makes her behaves bad and thinks she dosn't love me, it is his fault, everything is his fault, not mine: he makes JE bad".

Well, it seems that I was right and that reporter will have an important role in descovering the truth. I think that this is the worst movie step dad (maybe in accordance with JH - but I don't think) could make: the worst movie!! First, the reporter knows EH from long; second, even if believes it is all lies, he will dig in to know what is true, and not only repeating what ED's step dad will say. I think the guy will do his job! :D

And of course they spent the night together, not only talking but surely making love. It will be very unrealistic if after 10 years of repressed desires they didn't consumate their passion!!!

@seungshin You are so BAADDDDD! You're the BEST! Thanks.

That translation of ep 11...OMG, 'dream night' is going to have a whole new meaning to me from now on! And, how am I going to sit still and work? That's my heart jm22Q38.gif now! Gahhhhhhhhh (feels like a school girl again ipOc4rC.gif)

I read someone asking is somebody's sick coz of the photo of JJM in a pharmacy?? I hope not.. Do you guys think ED had complications during the accident?? That would be so cruel. Just NO...

By the way, do you like the new Soompi format? I prefer the sidebar on the right, like before. You can vote here:

@jei_em Thanks for the heads up on this voting. I like it like it was before too. :) 

From the preview Eun Dong's adoptive father goes to a lawyer?O_______O OMG, troubles for our OTP! Another thing: Hyun Soo's parents maybe will find out that Ra Il is their grandson...O___O

I think the ED adoptive father goes to the reporter. I distinctly hear him say 거짓말 (lies) but maybe I misheard it! If I didn't he probably went to a reporter and is trying to say that this book is a lie and maybe tarnish HS reputation! BTW thanks for the new preview!

really...I think its the reporter who said something about lies.  A storm about to come through soon  think

Really!? In this case, could be that he is interested, doing his job and through his research find out who ED is and came to interview the step father. If it was step father who called him he could be asking if it is a lie. But now, I'm thinking it doesn't make sense at all stepdad try to sue EH, because for everybody his daughter is JE not ED, and the book is about ED. Unless, it will be already public that ED is JE at that moment.

Well, it seems that I was right and that reporter will have an important role in descovering the truth. I think that this is the worst movie step dad (maybe in accordance with JH - but I don't think) could make: the worst movie!! First, the reporter knows EH from long; second, even if believes it is all lies, he will dig in to know what is true, and not only repeating what ED's step dad will say. I think the guy will do his job! :D

Yes! In episode 3 SR said EH had a good relationship with Reporter Park.

Really!? In this case, could be that he is interested, doing his job and through his research find out who ED is and came to interview the step father. If it was step father who called him he could be asking if it is a lie. But now, I'm thinking it doesn't make sense at all stepdad try to sue EH, because for everybody his daughter is JE not ED, and the book is about ED. Unless, it will be already public that ED is JE at that moment.

It makes sense that Reporter Park would be digging further...when he brought the book to Eun Ho at the filming location (can't remember which ep), he was excited and amazed at the content and said it sounded like some of it were written by ghostwriter herself. Then he cited an embarrassing cute incident (goat's milk giving diarrhea) as an example which made Eun Ho rush all the way home to read his book.

-------------

Btw, I believe stepdad Seo knows Eun Dong was Eun Dong. I'm pretty sure during the process of adoption, the original info was made available. And once the adoption was approved, prob the name change was made. When Eun Dong was at the elderly summer class, she was already Jeong Eun but still introduced herself as Eun Dong (which we now know it was cos of her search for Hyeon Soo). We also saw stepmom trying to correct her name calling of Jeong Eun as Eun Dong whenever she was talking to stepdad Seo.

To address somebody's earlier post :-

I think ED's parents assumed that she was two-timing JH and EH (and why her step-dad is angry and blames her for what happened)  He must have pinned his hopes on JH and here is his golden goose, broken and worse, let's kiss the LA Dodgers (boo!hiss! Go Rangers!) goodbye.  

That's why her step-dad keeps saying RI will help keep them together.  JH of course, knew all along who the real father was when they found out about her pregnancy and it must have fallen like an unexpected gift into his lap - he either claimed the baby as his or let them assume that it was his.  In this I believe, we'll have to absolve her parents (or until that segment airs and answers our questions) - ED's mother is conflicted about hiding ED's past more than the fact that they stole somebody's son from the real father.  I think that RI is not JH's son is going to be an all-around shock - from JH's parents to ED's parents and of course, EH's family.  If it turns out that ED's adoptive parents knew all along about RI, I am lost for words.  How do they live with themselves? - is about all I can wonder.

I'm pysched about EP 11 now - even more than I was.  It seems like the answer to my earlier question is coming very soon - ED is going to fight back, for herself, for her son and for EH.  I am so looking forward to the next few episodes and yes, others have said that they'll face public condemnation and persecution but as long as they are strong together, I'm more than willing to cheer them through it all.

Having re-watched all 10 episodes these few days, there were so many scenes that I paid special attention to after learning so much from this thread. One of the loveliest scenes in the 20's is that of ED looking at HS across the window during the Korean lesson for elderly and whispering `He's so handsome'. Both were absolutely smitten!

Not only is ED angry, HS is angry, I am very angry too! The thought of ED having to sleep in the same bed with her fake husband! I feel so sorry for her!

I think adopted father is not aware that RA II is not Choi's biological son. I say this from the scene at the Baseball stadium where Choi told him that he had nothing to hold on to JE and adopted father confidently mentioned that RA II would hold them together. Only Choi showed an uneasy expression as only he knew that he did not father RA II.

@ross27,  I beg to differ he knows or he just acting like he don't know from what I got he was saying use RA II to hold them together..  Adopted dad knows that ED never slept with JH because she didn't like him nor loved him.. He's banking on EH never finding out RA II is his son and if he do find out to hold tight to the boy and things will workout.. I think even adopted mom may have and idea that JH isn't the father of RA II and this is the reason she wants to come clean.. I think she agreed because she didn't want society to look at ED different or her for that matter raising a girl only to have her become and unwed mom and husband took the phone away so the father could never be contacted.. It seemed ED shared a lot with her adopted mom so she may have wanted to look for PHS and husband forbid her to all because he have a thing for CJH family monies.. Why do you think when he meet ED in the stadium he told her she did wrong to JH and she had to take care of him she this reason he's in this condition because of her betrayal.. BS ED had every right to date or not date she had the right to brake up with him she was doing the right thing being that she was in love with someone else.. JH couldn't handle being dump          

It makes sense that Reporter Park would be digging further...when he brought the book to Eun Ho at the filming location (can't remember which ep), he was excited and amazed at the content and said it sounded like some of it were written by ghostwriter herself. Then he cited an embarrassing cute incident (goat's milk giving diarrhea) as an example which made Eun Ho rush all the way home to read his book.

-------------

Btw, I believe stepdad Seo knows Eun Dong was Eun Dong. I'm pretty sure during the process of adoption, the original info was made available. And once the adoption was approved, prob the name change was made. When Eun Dong was at the elderly summer class, she was already Jeong Eun but still introduced herself as Eun Dong (which we now know it was cos of her search for Hyeon Soo). We also saw stepmom trying to correct her name calling of Jeong Eun as Eun Dong whenever she was talking to stepdad Seo.

I don't desagree! What I meant is that he only needs to sue EH if it comes public that JE is ED, so far this is a "family secret". So it doesn't make sense that step dad will blow up the whole "family secret", turning public that there is a connection between JE and ED, even if the connection - according to him - is a lie. In principle, from Choi and step dad point of view, keep secret that ED is JE is more advantageous to them. But sure step dad always knew the former name of JE is ED.

Wow! The preview!!! :D

I agree that both stepmom and stepfather dind't know that RI isn't Choi's son. I think that JH told to them that the whole ED's behaviour was caused by EH's influency, and lied that before EH's came she loved him and that they even slept together (what one can think is a big "demostration of love"). ED's step parents had no reason to not believe in him, and then step dad help him to make up the whole story. One thing that strongly impressed me in ep.9 was what JH said to ED: "he makes you a bad person, he did it before and is doing it now". To me, he wasn't saying it just to stop her from seeing EH, but more that in his ditorced mind he can believe that and act according to his beliefs. I mean, I think it's a kind of justification to him, as saying to himself "she isn't in her good mind, it's him who makes her behaves bad and thinks she dosn't love me, it is his fault, everything is his fault, not mine: he makes JE bad".

And of course they spent the night together, not only talking but surely making love. It will be very unrealistic if after 10 years of repressed desires they didn't consumate their passion!!!

Jotta!  Jowa!  (Good, very good)  Agree with you totally !

To address somebody's earlier post :-

I think ED's parents assumed that she was two-timing JH and EH (and why her step-dad is angry and blames her for what happened)  He must have pinned his hopes on JH and here is his golden goose, broken and worse, let's kiss the LA Dodgers (boo!hiss! Go Rangers!) goodbye.  

That's why her step-dad keeps saying RI will help keep them together.  

I too believe this was ED's parents main motive.  He wanted JH and ED to be a family for a whole host of reasons.

JH of course, knew all along who the real father was when they found out about her pregnancy and it must have fallen like an unexpected gift into his lap - he either claimed the baby as his or let them assume that it was his.  In this I believe, we'll have to absolve her parents (or until that segment airs and answers our questions) - ED's mother is conflicted about hiding ED's past more than the fact that they stole somebody's son from the real father.  I think that RI is not JH's son is going to be an all-around shock - from JH's parents to ED's parents and of course, EH's family.  If it turns out that ED's adoptive parents knew all along about RI, I am lost for words.  How do they live with themselves? - is about all I can wonder.

I too believe JH is the only one who knows RI is not his son.  And now HA will know.

It will be a shock to everyone.  Wonder this will be shock to bring CSR to her senses may be not since she will know she is really finished and she could get more vicious.  I think this will bring HB to EH's side.  Surely he has to prove his friendship to EH at some point.  And if he learned this is EH's son?  

I'm pysched about EP 11 now - even more than I was.  It seems like the answer to my earlier question is coming very soon - ED is going to fight back, for herself, for her son and for EH.  I am so looking forward to the next few episodes and yes, others have said that they'll face public condemnation and persecution but as long as they are strong together, I'm more than willing to cheer them through it all.

Yes Yes !!  Eun Ho fought like crazy to reunite them it's time for JED to step up to the plate.  She will be back to that brutally honest, strong and courageous little girl she was at 13 and knowing what she wants and going after it 23!  Woo hoo! Neo-mu jotta !  (It's so good!)

Today they go back shooting in this remarkable place of 10s Hyun Soo and Eun Dong.

[photos deleted]

http://minki0508.blog.me/220406205140

p6tdbMI.jpg

This is the location this shot was filmed.  They are going back to the location but it sounds like (can't be 100% sure) the adult ED and HS are going back?

The blog sounds like it's been written by a camera man (are they allowed to do that) since he talks about the advantage of a 'shooting car' (a car with cameras installed) for filming.

He says also mentions Jr and JE (the child actors) and writes, 'see you at the (closing) party.'  So from this I'm thinking it's not them that will be there.  The writer said underneath the photo I post here.  But I could be wrong.  It could be that the child actors are going back to film additional footage of that scene saying more things than what's been shown already (aka 'hand cart' scene).  Or the adult actors going back to reminisce.

As I recall this the location for the scene where HS promised ED with pinky fingers that he would be careful on motorbikes.  HS confessed riding a motorbike used to be his favourite thing until 'now' and ED confessed her favourite thing used to be reading her granny books until 'now.'   'Now' being meeting each other and they've become the 'favourite' to each other.

I believe here ED also said she wanted to tell him one more thing but will tell him later.  We know now she wanted to tell him she wanted to marry him from her diary.

Just for clarification since it's hard to tell who's saying what in a preview video:

It's ED's father who said 'this is all a lie' pointing to 'My Love Eun Dong' book.  The reporter does not say anything in that scene.

-------------

I think so too.  It's not unusual for adoptive parents to change the child's name upon adoption.  I believe it happens in the west too as a regular practice. I do agree they would have known her original name on adoption papers (which may be how the mother decided to read it since she would not have known SJE/JED was writing the book or that EH has come into her life recently).

Every time the goat milk story comes up I think of a possible 'gap' in the writer's narrative.  I do think she's awesome but no one is perfect.

The story line with goat milk is that JEH didn't reveal that to SJE (in the audio) because he thought JED would be too embarrassed if it was made public.  Of course SJE/JED added the story anyway and that's how JEH/PHS found out who she was...

But in that iconic scene in the car where JEH says he can't forget JED because he slept with her and when JED wanted to hear no more he asks 'don't you remember it?' I recorded it in the audio.  How do you remember things I didn't tell you (ie. the goat milk story) but not this part?

Well, I do scratch my head.  He thought the goat milk story would be embarrassing but not revealing to the world they slept together?  

I'm not a prud but given the choice, I would think ED would want the story about their first night a secret much more so than a goat milk diarrhea story myself.  It's the privacy thing for me.

Archived