[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

In this instance Asianwiki, Dramawiki and Wikipedia might be repeating info perpetuated over the years that is incorrect. Like I said, I have the DVD and have watched it and JJM is nowhere to be found. Not sure if I want to watch the DVD again to see if the other Joo Jin Mo is in it. It's all about family relationships and the ensuing funeral.

This from Wikipedia:
"He shares a name with another actor. Ju Jin-mo (born February 26, 1958) creating some confusion over the actors' projects as listed in the IMDb."

According to baidu baike (baidu's equivalence of *wiki or wiki*)

JJM started out in 1998 as a model. In 1999, his debut year in acting, he took on the main lead roles of movies 'Dance, Dance' and 'Happy End'. That 'Park vs Park' movie was in 1997, before JJM entered the K-ent industry.

I think the responsibility lies in JJM's management company to monitor and rectify all inaccurate info about JJM.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jadecloud I agree, I wonder why she goes unnoticed for so long. There's so many hawt namjha actors who are still single. I wish there's a Match.com for these celebs. 

Curiosity: KSR seems more shy with JJM than that Choi husband during press conference. I dunno about you girls but for me, if I have a crush/likes that person/find him too good looking for my sanity, I tend to be shy and quiet around him. But if I don't have such feelings for any namjhas, I will feel more comfortable to joke and laugh with. I know some girls who are the opposite of me. So I'm curious with KSR. ;)  

For those of you who communicate in Chinese and in Chinese Media, someone on DC Inside is wanting to find someone who can promote the interest for MYED DVD on Weibo and other (Chinese language social media I assume) to attract Chinese fans.  http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=fashion70&no=41635&page=1

This is the photo they have been posting all over DC Inside without any other info on where they can be contacted.  But at any rate here it is.

OV7m9zC.jpg

@jadecloud I agree, I wonder why she goes unnoticed for so long. There's so many hawt namjha actors who are still single. I wish there's a Match.com for these celebs. 

Curiosity: KSR seems more shy with JJM than that Choi husband during press conference. I dunno about you girls but for me, if I have a crush/likes that person/find him too good looking for my sanity, I tend to be shy and quiet around him. But if I don't have such feelings for any namjhas, I will feel more comfortable to joke and laugh with. I know some girls who are the opposite of me. So I'm curious with KSR. ;)  

Interesting you say that because I watched a couple of short clips of KSR and Kim Yoo Ri being interviewed during the Press Conference as well as another interview of the main cast.  Both women said that their image of Joo Jin Mo prior to working with him on MYED is that he was a tough silent type.  They both said they were almost scared of him and thought he would be hard to approach.  Things turned out differently now but I noticed KSR were not very talkative at all.  KYR seemed a lot more at ease and said that she's finding it hard to work sometimes because he makes her laugh so much.  

@jadecloud:  I'm a bit dense today and have noticed nothing ne.  Busy, too.  Please tell me what the difference is? I'll die (oops!  --- just not as dramatic as in Korean!) trying ti guess now. Thanks.

@seungshinl:   I remember how shy the 10s Eun Dong was even writing in her diary how she wanted to marry him and how she felt about him.  So sweet and innocent.  And how well she understood herself even at that young age.

By the way, Wikipedia does have a process for people to make corrections, add information, or make corrections.  You know hpw I love to dig & roam around.  I found it easily enough. After all, its entire content is contributed by people like all of us.  You  have to sign up --- some process for verifying you are a real person  Like the sites that have you "enter these letters& numbers".  Easy.  Didn't look difficult like those Korean sites you mentioned.   

Back during SLA live onair days.  I looked around for more info. and noticed the SLA Wikipedia page was pretty bare .   Decided I wasn't the one to fill it out then,  Then we had the Blog at   https://pianoconversations.wordpress.com/  plus the forum. and  I lost the motivation.

@sooyoungdaek :... "Match.com" for Celebrities?  I know there used to be a reality TV show by a woman who acted as a "matchmaker" for millionaire clients. And I found an article in Forbe's Mag. (Sept. 3, 2013)  about Barbie Adler 's matchmaking service, SELECTIVE SERVICE, at a fee of $25,000Two years ago, after 13 yrs in business, she claims 1,487 marriages , 459 babies!        :rolleyes:       Could be a good business to start.  But what  are friends for ?  Won't  any of these celebrities set a buddy up?     JJM has said in print that he is shy around women!   Help a buddy out, please?        Parents used to do this, friends do it too!

EDIT:... How old is the girl who acts as 10s Eun Dong. I couldn't find her  online my usual routes.  Does Korea protect child actors' info. until a certain age limit?    

Guest meelis

She directly said it during the press con: Joo Jin Mo sunbae-nim is too handsome, this bothers me. Also something about him being like a sculpture. And that she felt the urge to go on a diet because of his small face.:) While about Kim Tae Hoon she said he's of the comfortable type. 

I think that it matters as well that before the press con KSR and JJM hadn't filmed scenes together, except the teasers and posters and two scenes, in which they weren't exactly together (the first one at the cafe when she was supposed to meet DG and EH disguised was waiting to see her, but she didn't make it, because she had to rush to the hospital; and the second when she was sitting in the swing listening to his voice and he was looking at her from his car). While KSR and KTH had shoot many scenes together by that time, same with JJM and KYR (they even had kissed already:P).

I'm not sure, but maybe the first real scene that JJM and KSR filmed together was the restaurant scene in ep. 6 and we can see that it worked marvelously between them despite KSR's worries. 

OK, I was 4 days away and have now 40+ pages to back read. I can feel the excitement overflowing here and I like that. Thank you everybody for your input. You are all great! :)

I may be wrong on this one, but honestly I don't see what some of you see in regards to HS's dad look towards ED. I just think he was so fascinated by her, that he would love to have her as his son's wife. I'm sure he was captivated by her looks and modest demeanour. He then shows his concern for her well being (just like his son) and counsels her to take good care of herself (aka stay healthy so I can introduce you to my son). I liked how ED, when she asked them if they were HA's parents, she says she knows her, but doesn't say how -she omits the fact that she's her husband's doctor; which in real life, you wouldn't; I think a married woman in love with her husband would naturally say so.- 

And one more thing, all these episodes, the only time she wore her husband's ring, was that time of her family outing to the park... none of the other occasions has she worn that ring... Most married women, when they have a wedding band, they use it everyday; unless their work doesn't allow it, or it doesn't fit any more, if this is the case most tend to wear it with a necklace. Having said this, I don't think this is a wedding band, I think this is actually a gift from Choi, when they used to date in their 20s; prior to ED's encounter with HS. Choi doesn't wear a wedding band either, or at least I haven't noticed one.

And talking about rings, her other solitaire ring, the one she said it was a gift from her mother... was it a gift from her biological mother or her adoptive mother?

Guest lorac

And talking about rings, her other solitaire ring, the one she said it was a gift from her mother... was it a gift from her biological mother or her adoptive mother?

I always thought it was from her real mom. It was the only thing she had from her. Just my feeling from the scene.

Regarding updating Wikipedia, I wouldn't want to update that info unless I knew for sure what is correct. Since I don't read Koean I have no way of pursuing the matter other than my comment that I've seen the film and didn't see him in it. I even watched one time specifically looking for him and nothing. That's why I though the DC forum would have a clue. Two actors sharing the same name can be confusing.

And Jadecloud said: EDIT: Did you guys notice the change in forum/thread layout? I prefer the old layout

I liked how we could write in code view in the last iteration of the blog. I just need to figure out how to use this one. Figured out quotes today :)

Regarding updating Wikipedia, I wouldn't want to update that info unless I knew for sure what is correct. Since I don't read Koean I have no way of pursuing the matter other than my comment that I've seen the film and didn't see him in it. I even watched one time specifically looking for him and nothing. That's why I though the DC forum would have a clue. Two actors sharing the same name can be confusing.

I wouldn't want to be correcting Wiki's either unless I felt the real urge (which I haven't) or had the time to do it (which I don't) myself.  I certainly wouldn't do it in Korean since I don't know the language enough.

All platforms I was mentioning earlier (Wiki, Dramawiki and Asianwiki) I meant the English versions of those sites.  Like I said I don't post anything in Korean at all, I just read them!  And translate them !

That said, it is quite common for K-actors and K-singer/pop artists to share names with other Korean entertainers.   Lee Min Ho for example, there are two Lee Min Ho's.  I would hate to be the other Lee Min Ho and if I were him I would have changed the name but I think he might be older, therefore appeared before the current, the mega star Lee Min Ho.  When this happens, most of these English sites distinguish them by  adding their birth years in brackets.  I can see how confusion could start and carry on.  I have a feeling these stars are probably used to them in some ways.  Lee Min Ho's site has his birth year included.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Lee_Min_Ho_(1987)

@lorac:... Thank you for that handsome Hou Leng Jai in all of your posts.  I finally clicked on his name, but then just went online directly. And there was JJM to my surprise, but to my delight. Looked around quickly, that's how I  get lost for hours online. But I especially like the Photoshopped" collection of pictures.  I expected pictures "improved" to look better than real life. Seeing all the special effects and the improved backgrounds was very enjoyable.  Now I'm seeing the more "artistic" uses of Photoshopping. (Not an artist myself).

Guest lorac

@docster6 To me, EH isn't stealing his woman back but he is claiming her. It is his right to claim her, as she had been stolen from him in the first place.

She is not his property so he can't claim her; she hasn't been stolen from him. On the other hand, what her parents did to her is an entirely different matter. I hope the drama allows ED to make her own choice. We're just along for the ride.

@docster6 To me, EH isn't stealing his woman back but he is claiming her. It is his right to claim her, as she had been stolen from him in the first place.

She is not his property so he can't claim her; she hasn't been stolen from him. On the other hand, what her parents did to her is an entirely different matter. I hope the drama allows ED to make her own choice. We're just along for the ride.

I know, but what bothered me was the expression Stealing back, because it has a negative connotation. Stealing is something illegal, but claiming is not. You claim for a right and not only for a possession. Sure, it is ED 's decision, but she forced to leave her love. That why I am prefering the word claiming.

@seugshin ;... Just a quick comment. The other Lee Min Ho is 22years old. I went online,and found he won a Best Young Actor in 2012 for his role as the young prince Yang Myung in  "The Moon Embracing the Sun". H debuted as a child actor and keeps pretty busy.  I see his name a lot in Soompi articles and he gets talked about even by the senior Lee Min Ho. His parent were against him changing his name (per Wikipedia), & told him to "just work harder". The two actors know each other and are very cordial & friendly about the whole thing."Everybody" in TV, articles, all the fans, seem to have accepted the two of them without any major problems.  How nice!   ^_^    Didn't want you to think of that sweet guy as an older man.  The kid is so cute.

Archived