[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

I  love watching the Web beginning episodes.  It's a condensed version of the 10s and 20s.  The 10s HS was a rebel while the 20s HS was a dork and the 30s is a combination of the two. 

Even though there's an obvious age gap between the 10s HS and ED the actors did a good job creating a future romance between the two characters.  HS acts like an older brother but yet is developing feelings for ED that he can't really understand. ED on the other hand is more aware as she wants to grow up faster so that she marry her oppa.  I just think that it's hilarious that the 20s HS has labeled Ed as his girlfriend even when they were in their 10s.  Did ED feel the same?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@docster6 Let me tell you I loved your post. And let me add, that thanks to Kim Sa Rang, I have the motivation to loose those 5 extra freakin' pounds I've been carrying after I had my last child 2 years ago. I'm a tad older than her, but she looks so beautiful, that I thought, hey I used to look like that too (well, sort of); I can do it again... And I love what the costume director has done for her, even when she wanted to look sexy, they didn't go overboard; they kept her mature woman look. I love that make up department is also not putting plasters of make up on her, as they do with other actresses... she's truly raw beauty. And casting Jin Mo as her male lead, an actor who is manly handsome, but does not fall into the so popular flower boy category; he's also raw male beauty. He's aged very well I should say. Both actors fit their characters so perfect; that's why we've fallen in love and cheer for them.

---

Open question here: Hyun Soo decided to become an actor because of Eun Dong. (In order to become famous and find her); but did he ever mention, if not an actor, what he really wanted to study/be? - other than Eun Dong's husband -

Before ED's second dinner date with EH, she came across a large sum of money ($48000 USD) that DG couldn't believe she readily accepted just like that, i.e., a simple thank you. She went to Min Soo's hair salon and told the hair stylist she has money to spend. What I wanted to point out was that she cried, saying, "why can't I be attracted to Ji Eun Ho, I am a woman too!" That stuck in my mind for the longest time.

Nice arms @docster6?  Well each to their own.  As a woman I just think she is absolutely beautiful in every way.  I watched the Press Conference interview of JJM and he said that when he found out KSR was going to play JED she was not the picture he had in his head as JED.  But once they got acting out the parts he now understands why the PD (or who ever decides these things) chose her.  He didn't explain what he meant by that.  Well she had to be beautiful enough for a man to go all silly and crazy for 20 years is my guess.

But since you mentioned it I've been thinking about the $48,000 question.  When they were on the bench at the villa before all hell broke lose because ED told EH they were over, ED asked EH how he knew she knew she was ED.  He answered when she took the money without protest.

For the life of me I can't figure out how he came to that conclusion from ED taking the money.  Do you have any idea @docster6?  Can you read the man's mind here for?  Anyone else with suggestions on why he would say that?  Thank you.

Before ED's second dinner date with EH, she came across a large sum of money ($48000 USD) that DG couldn't believe she readily accepted just like that, i.e., a simple thank you. She went to Min Soo's hair salon and told the hair stylist she has money to spend. What I wanted to point out was that she cried, saying, "why can't I be attracted to Ji Eun Ho, I am a woman too!" That stuck in my mind for the longest time.

Nice arms @docster6?  Well each to their own.  As a woman I just think she is absolutely beautiful in every way.  I watched the Press Conference interview of JJM and he said that when he found out KSR was going to play JED she was not the picture he had in his head as JED.  But once they got acting out the parts he now understands why the PD (or who ever decides these things) chose her.  He didn't explain what he meant by that.  Well she had to be beautiful enough for a man to go all silly and crazy for 20 years is my guess.

But since you mentioned it I've been thinking about the $48,000 question.  When they were on the bench at the villa before all hell broke lose because ED told EH they were over, ED asked EH how he knew she knew she was ED.  He answered when she took the money without protest.

For the life of me I can't figure out how he came to that conclusion from ED taking the money.  Do you have any idea @docster6?  Can you read the man's mind here for?  Anyone else with suggestions on why he would say that?  Thank you.

I think in Korean culture that can be seen as inappropriate (not that people don't do it). Originally EH offered  offered her money and she turned it down because it was not "her story".  The recognition that she is ED and basically the main character in the book made it more comfortable to accept. 

@docster6 Let me tell you I loved your post. And let me add, that thanks to Kim Sa Rang, I have the motivation to loose those 5 extra freakin' pounds I've been carrying after I had my last child 2 years ago. I'm a tad older than her, but she looks so beautiful, that I thought, hey I used to look like that too (well, sort of); I can do it again... And I love what the costume director has done for her, even when she wanted to look sexy, they didn't go overboard; they kept her mature woman look. I love that make up department is also not putting plasters of make up on her, as they do with other actresses... she's truly raw beauty. And casting Jin Mo as her male lead, an actor who is manly handsome, but does not fall into the so popular flower boy category; he's also raw male beauty. He's aged very well I should say. Both actors fit their characters so perfect; that's why we've fallen in love and cheer for them.

---

Open question here: Hyun Soo decided to become an actor because of Eun Dong. (In order to become famous and find her); but did he ever mention, if not an actor, what he really wanted to study/be? - other than Eun Dong's husband -

@stclaus,  EH only job was Ed even if they married at that time his hob would have been ED but I never heard anything about what he wanted to be or I missed it..  I think EH would have went to college just to provide for his love 

I think in Korean culture that can be seen as inappropriate (not that people don't do it). Originally EH offered  offered her money and she turned it down because it was not "her story".  The recognition that she is ED and basically the main character in the book made it more comfortable to accept. 

I agree.. during their first dinner, Seo Jung Eun said she cannot accept the money offered by Eun Hoo because the story is Eun Hoo's and Eun Dong's.  So when Seo Jeung Eun accepted the money, Eun Hoo knew that Seo Jeung Eun already remembered she is Eun Dong, and that the stoy is actually hers as well...

I think EunDong only confirmed and realized who she was after she opened the box given by her adopted mother. The moment she open the letter is just to further remind her how she loved HS. Regarding the moment she accepted the money, I suppose it's just her 'inside 은동' took it, but not Seo Jeung Eun did.

I think EunDong only confirmed and realized who she was after she opened the box given by her adopted mother. The moment she open the letter is just to further remind her how she loved HS. Regarding the moment she accepted the money, I suppose it's just her 'inside 은동' took it, but not Seo Jeung Eun did.

Welcome @gaixixon_stv and congratulations on your first post (and first point).  We are all happy you chose to do it with us the Eundongers!  

@seungshinl :... So glad to see you are intrigue by the possible island destination of our two ladies, too.  I started my search with a Wikipedia  generated list of occupied islands in S. Korea  (too cold up North and seemed least likely!   The first one I found was Jebudo island an easy hour by public transportation from Seoul.  But not too pretty.  I think we have the same island there --- close to Seoul, but did not look like a place to have a "Pension" like the friend's Dad was running in retirement.

I literally took HOURS & HOURS online and finally posted my choice  --- it went up on page 203 --- so far behind the readers I think no one could check into it .  I just went back & back, editing and re-editing !  Now, it's out of my system BUT who will ever get to see it now.   :crazy:   I even found a way to include MAPS --  LOTS of MAPS>  Like when I learned to do "SPOILERS", just used them to death (see? an "Americanism" "to death" --= we do it too, just not as dramatically, darn it.)

So, my final South Sea location of choice --- and I really do LOVE the place now! --- is Jaedo Island, across the Sacheon Bay from Nahmae Island.

And something "weird" --- Until I found the name of my first guessed island, I entered "Jeboo or Jeebo island" into Google. And there were three references leading right back to our Soompi forum discussion of the infamous "Jeebo"? island.  How does that happen?  And more importantly, How can I continue to trust Google as my "Search Engine of First Resort?  I'll really be going around in circles now.       :P

EDIT: ... Almost 80% of my "LINKS" on p.203 worked, too.  I found a "how to" site for help, it just doesn't look pretty in print, but most fo them work!

This is a comment on Asian Wiki...SO SAD!! :(

Nic Jun 28 2015 10:11 pm Melodrama that supposed to make watchers cry. It seems you can't solve this love twist problem. In real life, if it happened, the outcome is somewhat easier, devorce the husband and marrying the guy. But this is korean drama, and I am pretty sure that's not the way. There some ending that I can guess, 1. Until the end Seo Jung Eun cant recall her memory as Eun Dong, in that case Eun Dong had died on the accident literally. So she choose to life as So Jung Eun. (And all the flash back was just her imagination , since she has been the writer of the story) 2. The writer of this drama somehow at the end of the story will lead the watchers to decide .. So the answer will be in our own imagination .. That kind of style Well .. Forget about the ending.. Just watch and keep sobs..:)

WOW I am late but still congrats for the 200 pages!

@seungshinl many thanks for your translation! The jealous husband took his wife and daughters to the set and chased the actor is really fun.

I want to add something about CJH's wheelchair brand. I think PDnim and writernim did it on purpose. I remember in one previous episode they gave the brand close-up shot when I watched it I say to myself the brand must give them much money so they did this. Now I know I am wrong. This brand has its meaning and they want to tell us just like they give close-up shots of EH and RL's cross legs.

Omo what a wonderful team!

I agree. KSR is uber beautiful and sexy, a total package :) 

I have been asking this same question too. I think Eun Ho meant that Eun Dong accepts those money w/o question because to her, he is family. From way back then, they have been so close, they already planned to marry each other, and prob already looked at each other as family. During Eun Ho's presscon, he said 'My fiancee, Ji Eun Dong'. So I guess there's some bit we haven't been shown, where they perhaps have 'promised' each other about marriage.

When a family member takes/gives money from/to another, it's almost a 'no questions asked' or 'no reservation' situation. Esp in an Asian context. That's what I think.

And @docster6 and KSR fans...hehe...here's hawt KSR for you :) and hawt JJM too ...:P

Ut9vdMp.gif

f3dO1BM.gif

Fm WSWH movie poster shoot and dance routine

5kjA6un.gif

Fm QotG drama

@seungshinl :... So glad to see you are intrigue by the possible island destination of our two ladies, too.  I started my search with a Wikipedia  generated list of occupied islands in S. Korea  (too cold up North and seemed least likely!   The first one I found was Jebudo island an easy hour by public transportation from Seoul.  But not too pretty.  I think we have the same island there --- close to Seoul, but did not look like a place to have a "Pension" like the friend's Dad was running in retirement.

My dear @mdj101, I only looked for the Jaeboo island to help you out since you sounded like you were at wit's end trying to find it.

BTW This word 'pension' as spoken by MS is another Konglish.  It does not have the same meaning as what we understand as 'pension' in the west.

In fact I had to look up the romanized Korean word for 'pension' (팬션) to find out how Koreans were using this English word and I see that 'pension' is being used to mean more like a vacation 'condo' or retirement condo. But it's not for full time.  It's a place retired people book to vacation or get away from their regular dwellings. It's a place where you will USE the pension money to retire not where you will MAKE pension money to retire.

So I think MS's parents or family had one booked but couldn't use it so they passed it onto her. 

Here are some links of BEST PENSIONS in Korea.

http://www.wooripension.com/event/event_detail.asp?idx=85&utm_source=woori&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=mnb85

BTW the places in the video look much nicer than this thumbnail for the video

Nic Jun 28 2015 10:11 pm Melodrama that supposed to make watchers cry. It seems you can't solve this love twist problem. In real life, if it happened, the outcome is somewhat easier, devorce the husband and marrying the guy. But this is korean drama, and I am pretty sure that's not the way. There some ending that I can guess, 1. Until the end Seo Jung Eun cant recall her memory as Eun Dong, in that case Eun Dong had died on the accident literally. So she choose to life as So Jung Eun. (And all the flash back was just her imagination , since she has been the writer of the story) 2. The writer of this drama somehow at the end of the story will lead the watchers to decide .. So the answer will be in our own imagination .. That kind of style Well .. Forget about the ending.. Just watch and keep sobs..:)

I guess Nic has another angle of the drama that I refuse to accept honestly LOL. And also the way the drama is going I don't think it's going to turn out like this. 

1. SJE recalled her memory as ED in ep 10..... And the way she crying on the bed and was on the phone to HS saying "Hyun Soo oppa" was when she accepted who she is well maybe before that when Choi was holding her hand in the hospital and she ripped her hands away like he was poison. Anyways then we can see that he comes to her because his filming around there. Then it's raining and they share this passionate kiss in the rain *knocks on wood* that it ain't no imagination. If it is OMG JUST NO! Also I reckon they should call their next child Rain, since it's has so much sentimental meaning to them. 

2. Hey I don't mind open endings if it makes sense, but why would this drama needs one when there's only obviously ONE ENDING.

bride-couple-cute-diamonds-Favim.com-153

ED and HS married, living with IR and having more babies like 10 more because they love each other so so much ;) and plus HS is RICH, so he can totally support his 11 kids. LOOOL

Welcome @gaixixon_stv and congratulations on your first post (and first point).  We are all happy you chose to do it with us the Eundongers!  

Me too, I find this community very interesting :)  How can I edit/remove the ___stv part in my profile name? :( 

Interesting theory, but I highly doubt the ending that 은동 and 은호 do not join together. I have been quite familiar with the ending style of K-drama where the lovers can not reunite.. but in this drama, I find no reason that EunDong would live with her current husband. He treated her all from the very start moment: intentionally(?) cause the accident, lie the love story to her just to tie her to him, and has no feelings to her even when Eundong is languish for love and fact about her life..

I suppose a good ending would be 재호 / her current husband will make some sincere excuse and let Eundong live her real life with her true love.

p/s: I'm very sorry that I don't know how to type correctly the hangul name for Korean words :( although I can type 한글 perfectly.. Really apologize for this.

The letter HS wrote to ED (from MLE facebook)

11703123_1593342667605660_18027141436391

어젯밤 우리의 가슴을 저릿하게 만들었던 현수의 편지, 
글씨도 예쁜 우리 현수의 편지 전문을 공개합니다!

사랑하는 은동아

나는 세상에서 가장 겁없는 녀석이었어. 10년 전 내가 너를 처음 만났을때 나는 그랬어. 그런데 너를 잃어버리고, 나는 겁쟁이가 됐어. 내가 세상에서 유일하게 겁나는 건 너를 잃어버리는 것이기 때문이야.

은동아... 10년 전 그때처럼 나는 다시 겁쟁이가 되었다. 널 다시 잃게 될까봐... 은동아... 너에게 어떤 일이 있었든, 네가 무슨 생각이었든 나는 모든 걸 이해하고 기다릴거야. 그러니 제발 돌아와줘.

혹시... 그 남자니? 그런거니? 아니지...?

내가 널 잃어버린 동안 그 시간에 머물렀던 그 남자와 지금 함께 있는 거니?

니가 싸준 김밥... 사실 세상에서 제일 맛있는 김밥이었어. 너한테 그 얘기도 못했는데... 너 지금 어딨니 은동아...

난 우주 전체를 줘도 너랑 바꾸지 않아. 난 기다릴꺼야 니가 돌아올 때까지... 그게 1년이든 2년이든 3년이든 난 너를 찾을 때까지 기다릴 거야.

혹시 그게 10년이 걸린 다 해도 너를 기다릴 거야.

우린 꼭 다시 만날거야.

Me too, I find this community very interesting :)  How can I edit/remove the ___stv part in my profile name? :( 

Interesting theory, but I highly doubt the ending that 은동 (Eun Dong) and 은호 (Eun Ho) do not join together. I have been quite familiar with the ending style of K-drama where the lovers can not reunite.. but in this drama, I find no reason that EunDong would live with her current husband. He treated her all from the very start moment: intentionally(?) cause the accident, lie the love story to her just to tie her to him, and has no feelings to her even when Eundong is languish for love and fact about her life..

I suppose a good ending would be 재호 (Jae Ho) / her current husband will make some sincere excuse and let Eundong live her real life with her true love.

p/s: I'm very sorry that I don't know how to type correctly the hangul name for Korean words :( although I can type 한글 perfectly.. Really apologize for this.

Someone else could advise you on how to change the name on your profile better than I.  If you want to change it I suggest you change it now before you become famous on the thread and get more inconvenient to change it! Ha!

On the issue of writing Korean words, this is an English forum so all language is supposed to be in English.  If you know Korean that's awesome.  May be you can translate and things too for us.  But when you do use Korean words we would need you to write English words next to them so that English readers know what they mean in English.  Most people here do not know how to read or write Korean I believe/assume).  Makes sense since this is an English forum.  

Welcome to the thread sweetie! About that.... I did a bit of googling and found this.

Q: HOW DO I CHANGE MY USERNAME?A: PM (private message) awdark for name change requests only if you met ALL of the following requirements. DON'T CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT! The requirements are: • You must have been a member for at least six months. • You may have ONE name change every six months. • You must have at least 1000 posts. • Members who have amassed a 60% warning or more are no longer eligible for name changes. • Please do not include unrecognized characters such as ☆ or ♥, or foreign characters in your chosen name. • Please provide three username choices in your PM. Soompi has a lot of members, so many of the names are already taken. Please be patient. Most name changes are processed within a matter of hours, but occasionally they will take up to two weeks.

JOKES! MORE GOOGLING AND HERE IT IS https://tv.soompi.com/en/profile/settings

Archived