[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Yes I also think @lxands that taek might be the husband based on the clues..It just almost everyone thinks JH is the husband, that's why I love reading this thread because there's still some people give other opinion regarding taek and not force their opinions..

One thing that bugged me is how the husband know that DS is rejected by SW in the first snow and know that she sent many postcards but he is so clueless about the chocolate.. I meant it's obvious if it's JH, he knew about DS-SW so if he is the husband, he must knew that she gave it to SW..

The future DS is quite sure that she gave it to him, it means in the past, she used to give everything to the husband, in this case it's TK (she's barely give a thing to JH), during that time, she doesn't even consider JH, so if JH is the husband, she should notice that she definitely didn't give it to the husband that time unless she really forget..

Maybe, the husband really read the diary where he knew about the rejection thing or TK-JH have argument and JH mention about it to prove how he knew DS very well unlike TK..

For me this clue, is the one thing that not match for TK..

If I may add, the husband really doesn't like when DS said "Ya!!!", he said "how come you said that to your husband?" If it's JH, they used to fight using informal language so the husband shouldn't have a problem with that..

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit picture to Moonsol and DC Gallery

Spoiler

991213647_61e80649_zpsk2buv789.jpg

web_991213647_6aca7b52_zpsyabiuymk.jpg

Spoiler

web_1028337778_c0ad5107_zpsl7roea2g.jpgweb_1028337778_882702d8_zpsfpdmcdhr.jpg

DC Theory of Blanket scene :

Someone posting that this is might what happened in that particular scene, JH Parent's room can't be used because it's directly the upper part of DS parent's tv room which is in collapsed/under renovation, So both families parent are using JB's and JH's room. The children use the living room to sleep together in this order :

Jungbong-Noeul-Junghwan-Duksun-Bora.. and this is why they're looking at each other.. using bora's pillow but Junghwan's blanket

Just by reading it my heart flutters, if this is the case OMG I can't wait for this to happen...OMG 4days??!!!?? why 4days to go???

7 hours ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

DC gallers are going crazy right now with a new discovery.

In several scenes with Bora, there has been repeated appearance of a poster on the background wall with the words, "Female Harvard University Student." They're anticipating Bora will go study abroad at Harvard. The original posting has over 60 replies, with comments like "Crazy!" "Daebak!" "Richard Simmons!" "Richard Simmons, now we need to look at wall posters too!"

And this time, they're really saying that this must be a leak from the production staff because no one had even caught/suspected this until now.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=189487&page=1&exception_mode=recommend

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=189809&page=1&exception_mode=recommend

i cannot digest this!!...hahahaha...if BR go to Harvard what happen to SW....my shippppppp....

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-023.gif    tuzki-bunny-emoticon-001.gif

16 minutes ago, tituyphing said:

Credit picture to Moonsol and DC Gallery

Reveal hidden contents

991213647_61e80649_zpsk2buv789.jpg

web_991213647_6aca7b52_zpsyabiuymk.jpgweb_991213647_6aca7b52_zpsyabiuymk.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

web_1028337778_c0ad5107_zpsl7roea2g.jpgweb_1028337778_882702d8_zpsfpdmcdhr.jpg

DC Theory of Blanket scene :

Someone posting that this is might what happened in that particular scene, JH Parent's room can't be used because it's directly the upper part of DS parent's tv room which is in collapsed/need renoovation, So both families parent are using JB's and JH's room. The children use the living room to sleep together in this order :

Jungbong-Noeul-Junghwan-Duksun-Bora.. and this is why they're looking at each other.. using bor's pillow but Junghwan's blanket

Just by reading it my heart flutters, if this is the case OMG I can't wait for this to happen...OMG 4days??!!!?? why 4days to go???

I like this theory!! erm..Using Bora pillow to sleep, does JH wants to find death? lol I hope no one is hurt when the house collapsed because imagining they are all at the basement having dinner or watching tv..

Anyone know which episode either Junghwan or Taek talks to No Eul? I am not so sure if Taek would curse "I saeki/this bastard" or "Jugullae?/Do you want to die?" because he is too sweet for that. Or something in the past made Taek can curse that well, who knows, it depends on the writer. 

From here on out I am not going to say nothing about ships and just focus on the story. I will gush about individual characters because I love them all so much and will spazz over my baby Jungbong hyung (why did they have to give him a girl, and why am I geeking over married Dong Ryeong's father? It was his dance moves, he worked them dance moves in ep 9 and I was gone. I see why Dong Ryeong is such a good dancer). It really feels like things here are on the verge of spilling over. So much I want to comment on but I can sometimes be too blunt and unintentionally border on offensive. I was taught if I have nothing nice to say, not to say anything at all and so to not be not nice and maybe offensive; Imma just keep quiet about ships. Reply 1994 taught me a lot about the ship wars monster and this time around I will get out while the getting out is good. But before I do that, I want to apologize if my laughing at the Taektic ship poster offended anyone.

I thought the Taek/Deok Sun shippers made that themselves like a sort of laughing at ourselves and seemingly doomed fate kinda thing. I also I find it funny that someone took the time to actually make a poster that looks so much like the original hahahahaha. Like it's honestly not that deep to me because they are all fictional characters who we will eventually move on from when a new drama comes along (even though we may go back and rewatch with fond or bitter memories) and also in 10 more episodes we will have all the answers anyways. However people are making it deep (go look at dramabeans comments and tumblr) and I'm sorry but it's kinda really amusing in a fun way (we got some thesis like analysis going on about the hand someone holds coffee in for a second -like he puts the coffee cup in his right hand as he gets up and leaves-,clothe washing pins, and scary as all dollies and if they facing north, south, or what way, LOL. Come on it's kinda funny and evil genius of the PD and all his attention to details). It's also a testament to the good writing, production, and acting being done by all. They all feel like real people/friends that we want to protect and defend from each other (LOL) so hats off to them on that.

Someone mentioned Dong Ryeong and his parents not even noticing he was gone and it broke my heart. I felt so bad for our little dancing man (was 'Thriller' too out of date by then? I have been dying to see him bust out some of them moves) when he came home and his mom was on the phone about work (I so thought she was frantically calling around about him) and his dad just scolded him or something. You could see the heartbreak and resigned attitude in him as he walked out of the room. I just wanted to hug him and tell him so many things (which I will touch on) but the basic of it is that some parents are unintentional shits and hey he has amazing friends who will all ride with a scary noona (even god Taek) to bring him home and will always make sure he has a place to crash if need be and a borrowed mom's warm cooked breakfast to enjoy. Now to play devil's advocate, I can understand why his parents didn't worry or even think that he ran away or notice that he was gone.

From what I've seen the 5 friends are really more like brother and sisters to one another. One is always with the other either eating ramen at the headquarters aka Taek's house or in each other's homes eating or watching T.V/ movies, reading books, listening to the radio, or something. It seems like since young it's the norm to sleep over each others houses and eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner with one or the others family. Even when they play naughty (trying to sneak into adult movies) it's done together. They are rarely without the other and if you need one you need only look for the other and they are most likely there. With this in mind I can understand why Dong Ryeong's parents weren't at all worried when he wasn't home the whole day because they simply assumed as he does almost everyday; he's at one of his friends home or hanging out with his friends or at the study hall. Since they all live on the same block and all the kids are good and they know the kids and their parents can be trusted to not get in any serious trouble, they didn't worry because they knew they didn't have to worry. Dong Ryeong is a good kid, he doesn't seem to complain about things or ever brought up that he is upset and feels neglected, his friends are also good and can be trusted, and his parents were never told that he ran away. Off course they are not going to worry about him, they didn't know there was anything to worry about and they just went about the day under the assumption proven to be true his 18 years of living, that their son Dong Ryeong is with his friends safely doing whatever they tend to do whenever together. I am sure if someone had told them about Dong Ryeong running away or even hinted at him not being safe, they would worry like any of the block parents would have and scolded him when he came home. 

It was mentioned somewhere and I agree that Dong Ryeong's parents will not be aware of his feelings of neglect and anger of being second in priority when compared with their work, if he doesn't say anything. Dong Ryeong needs to blow up like Deok Sun did before his parents will ever think on the matter and take into consideration how mom's workaholic behavior upsets her children/makes them feel neglected. I can understand mom's priority of work in her mind is all for them so that she can provide them with nice name brand shoes and clothes, money, delicious restaurant food, no worries about college tuition, etc. In her head it's all for her kids so it might hurt her to have to miss out on birthdays and such but she may think that to him it's not such a big deal or that he understands (which we know is not the case) and that it's worth it because he is provided with the best of things. This is why Dong Ryeong needs to let her know that all the named brand things in the world are nothing compared to her nice warm bowl of birthday sea weed soup (which wouldn't be so special if she would simply cook more than once a year like he wants) and that he would give all the money back if she would just make him one for his birthday. It's really sweet, touching and simple what he wants, but one that I find most parents and people in general lose sight of as we get older. Money really isn't everything (but having money is really really really nice and he Dong Ryeong is privileged in wealth to have the complaints that he do -which was Bora's point-).

The things we remember and put value on, has nothing to do with cash or material things. The things that touch our hearts, move us, and make memories we never want to throw out, is a simple birthday song, or soup only mom can sing or make. Having your friends come to pick you up when you call, being told not to go on a blind date, getting to spend a day on the beach with the one you like (even if she leaves you bruised), coming to come say that you can't come, being asked to sit and eat, having the girl you like say they'll date you; these are the things we carry with us. Dong Ryeong needs to let his parents know he needs them more than he needs the things they can/do buy him. Gosh dang it! I love the Reply team and how at the end of the day they bring it back to the heart of things. I need to go call my family and thank them for never forgetting to wish me a happy birthday (and also remind them my birthday is in 2 weeks and unlike Dong Ryeong I do require material things along with the well wishes, LOL. I would be ecstatic if they decide to leave my broke graduate student debt self cash and be out LOL. As is, every one getting a big old 'not a damn thing' in different colors and tone of voice for Christmas, kidding) 

Hello Guys !!

I found same thing between Trash and Jungpal both of them look like to read a comics book more than a study book LOL

And other character in R88 DR like to read a Nude Magazine, SW like to read a study book and Taek like to play Baduk

image-F6FA_5665046F.jpg

Guest aoikarin

@lxands & @minibunny wooow! That's a very good analysis! I love to read your post. Pls keep writing! I smile ear to ear reading your reasonings.

With all the clues and watching the story, My logic told me it's JH is the end game, but my heart keep leaning to Taek. Because as the quiet one, he is indeed full of surprises and had great personality changes over the period. And i bet he'll show more surprising personality to us.  And I'm intrigued to see more abt him.

I really hope the husband is Taek. the only clue i hold is only "the left handed" husband. Unless, they show me JH's has habit to drink with left hand. Hahaha

But, yes... I feel sorry and grateful for production team who put lits of efforts to put true and fake clue just to make the viewers go crazy abt the show. It's just like april mob for every Friday and Saturday. I love it, i enjoy it.

9 hours ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

DC gallers are going crazy right now with a new discovery.

In several scenes with Bora, there has been repeated appearance of a poster on the background wall with the words, "Female Harvard University Student." They're anticipating Bora will go study abroad at Harvard. The original posting has over 60 replies, with comments like "Crazy!" "Daebak!" "Richard Simmons!" "Richard Simmons, now we need to look at wall posters too!"

And this time, they're really saying that this must be a leak from the production staff because no one had even caught/suspected this until now.

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=189487&page=1&exception_mode=recommend

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=189809&page=1&exception_mode=recommend

OMG, DC fans are crazy. How can they figure out so many tiny things like this :D

Personally I always think BR or SW, 1 of the 2 may go abroad to study. Because they're both top students, good in studying and activities. Mostly BR, they always emphasize that BR is smart, intelligent and she's always ranked first. And especially, JH mom once said BR can do big thing in the future. So I believe BR will leave the alley for her big dream once day and SW-BR will break up.

Anw, breakup and being separated are also Reply's trademark. Not only SW_BR couple but for our main couple DS-JH too. So dont worry, they will make time jump for that and our couple will be back and have HE :3 I just hope this time, the reason for their separation could be more reasonable than in rep94

35 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I thought the Taek/Deok Sun shippers made that themselves like a sort of laughing at ourselves and seemingly doomed fate kinda thing. I also I find it funny that someone took the time to actually make a poster that looks so much like the original hahahahaha. 

Sorry to cut your post, but you're right. At least at DC gallery (sorry to always bring up the other forum), Taek/DS shippers sometimes call themselves Taektinic as a joke to themselves. The replies are actually hilarious, with comments like, "This ship looks strong. No one gets off. We're closing the door and will party hard, come what may." "I'm going down with this ship."

I think it's cool that people are not taking themselves too seriously, just as it should be. In the end, we're all just fans of the same drama~~ ^^

Guest csw909203

This video might have been posted already but the first 25 seconds of this video is too cute not to re-share. From the beginning of the series, I wondered if a small reason why Sun-woo was casted as Jin-ju's brother was because he got along really well with the child actor. This video totally confirms my instinct that the actor playing Sun-woo is quite good with children. The smiles on both of their faces during the first part of this clip is seriously adorable. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGpZWAI9DBs

@minibunny

I still think hubby knows abt rejection by SW on first snow tru her diary. If she wrote abt giving chocolote to sumone in her diary surely she wrote abt her heart breaking moment in her diary. She might not mention the name but she might wrote something like " On the first snow the a$$h0le rejected me for Sung Bora!" I think by then everyone has notice the cold treatment to SW by now if BR married SW he wud know she meant SW.

For the radio show didn't Taek listen to it too? And becos of DS? In fact DS did mumble sum thing abt she sent many postcards to the radio but never get read. Tho I suspect DS wrote everything down in her diary.  Taek seems ignorant & in his own bubbles but he is truly very perceptive. He knows what his dad most worries & he came back with the best present ever to his dad, telling him clearly how much he loves & appreciates him. DS father asked abt his mother, rather than trying to cover his pain, he cried & said he miss her which made DS's dad cried too & let go his bottled up grief. He awares at the time DS's father wanted to share his grief with somebody.

I believe Taek is a strategist. He made believe he's unaware of everything but he really does. It just like he's playing baduk. At home he likes being babyish especially by DS, so he just did everything carelessly becos he knows there's always someone who'll take care of him but away from home he's a different guy. He's more confident, aloof & no trace of the boy who can't button up his shirt properly, just like DR tells him "You're not like this when you're not with us, right?" He managed himself very well when he's on his own.

I still think the chocolate thingy made the 2015 hubby isn't JH, becos if he's JH he knows well whom she likes back then. If  hubby is JH becos he knows first hand abt first snow rejection by SW, and the postcards, then how cud he not know DS gave the chocolate to SW since e knows she as a crush for SW? JH is a smart guy & a perceptive one too surely he knows. Also if JH has been keeping it to himself all the years why brought it up now? After all JH is not SW who blabbers out everything he knows...and why would he open up his old wound? Thus for me hubby is someone who didn't know abt DS's other love interest back then, becos isnt he 27 years too late to be jealous now?

25 minutes ago, valNK said:

OMG, DC fans are crazy. How can they figure out so many tiny things like this :D

Personally I always think BR or SW, 1 of the 2 may go abroad to study. Because they're both top students, good in studying and activities. Mostly BR, they always emphasize that BR is smart, intelligent and she's always ranked first. And especially, JH mom once said BR can do big thing in the future. So I believe BR will leave the alley for her big dream once day and SW-BR will break up.

Anw, breakup and being separated are also Reply's trademark. Not only SW_BR couple but for our main couple DS-JH too. So dont worry, they will make time jump for that and our couple will be back and have HE :3 I just hope this time, the reason for their separation could be more reasonable than in rep94

fellow BR_SW shipper

let prepare our heart and mental after this....let our tissue be at our side when the breakup happen...sobs

2 hours ago, mrukki said:

About the casting I read a very interesting series of posts on the Chinese forum surrounding it. The drama as some may remember first announced that Sung Dong Il and Lee Il Hwa would be returning to reprise their roles as the main characters parents and that they have selected their leads. Right around that time, RJY was the first person to follow Hyeri out of the cast. As casting announcements were continued to be made they announced that Na Miran would be joining the cast (JH's mother), they then release that Hyeri is considering the role at the lead. Now that doesn't make sense because they said they confirmed the leads long before they said Hyeri was considering the role. Funny enough the third character with confirmed casting was Kim Sung Kyun (JH's dad). 

The idea is that the most important roles are secured first, such as the leads and their families, this is what we see in the announcement order. Now it's also good to note that the only characters out of our neighbourhood quintet that didn't get an individual announcement is RJY and LDH (Dong Ryong). Watching episode 0, it is clear that they were trying to mislead audiences in to believing that GKP was the main lead, the individual and early casting announcement had already planted that seed in the audiences mind. While PBG's other individual but later announcement made everyone jump to the conclusion that he was second lead, but then they hid him quite a bit in the early episodes too. 

Which character was hidden the most prior to the first episode? RJY's character. It is likely he was casted first and had the longest time to prep for his character but he was hidden from all the promotional teasers. This is probably because they wanted to hide the main lead away. Once the drama aired it became very obvious that they were putting a lot of focus on JH and now it's all but confirmed he's the male lead.

As for being a Taek-DS shipper I definitely see that the production team has laid hints around to allow us to believe that Taek may be the husband. Which makes me very happy that I don't have to cross off the possibility completely. Things like the husband being left handed, wearing little clothes, talking to No Eul formally in the past, getting mixed up about music definitely point to Taek. 

However I saw something on DC that made me think. The drama is supposed to be about family so maybe the families all need to be connected by the end? Assuming the couples we have now really do make it to the finish line, then the couples should be like this: Taek's dad-SW's mom, SW-BR, then what we need is DS-JH, then weirdly the only thing possible to make them a big family is the get DR with Jin Joo (or you can swap them around?). This is definitely weird because don't these people have people outside of their little neighbourhood to marry? But I think this is a possibility you can consider.

cr. http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4187760189 (for the casting theory)

I hate the fact that this makes so much. I'm still rooting for Taek-DS but the possibilities of him being the husband is small. All I can do is wait, watch, and enjoy the show :((

3 hours ago, blue_angel_1004 said:

Sorry to cut your post, but you're right. At least at DC gallery (sorry to always bring up the other forum), Taek/DS shippers sometimes call themselves Taektinic as a joke to themselves. The replies are actually hilarious, with comments like, "This ship looks strong. No one gets off. We're closing the door and will party hard, come what may." "I'm going down with this ship."

I think it's cool that people are not taking themselves too seriously, just as it should be. In the end, we're all just fans of the same drama~~ ^^

Okay then I feel fine for laughing to tears about it and showing it to my flat mate (bless her heart for enduring my kdrama fangirl ways). When I saw the poster I immediately imagined an iceberg which is basically a giant floating gif of Junghwan and Deok Sun kissing and the shippers holding onto a crying, shivering Taek promising "I will never let go Taek" trying to keep him from going down even as he needs to be let go of, in all the Kate Winslet English accent glory and it was glorious, hahahahshahahahahahahahahahahaha....now every time I watch Titanic I will think of this drama. I don't think I will be able to listen to My Heart Will Go On without bursting into laughter. I do love the sense of humor (among other things) DC has and this was just a brilliantly clever pick. 

2 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

Okay then I feel fine for laughing to tears about it and showing it to my flat mate (bless her heart for enduring my kdrama fangirl ways). When I saw the poster I immediately imagined an iceberg which is basically a giant float gif of Junghwan and Deok Sun kissing and the shippers holding onto a crying, shivering Taek promising "I will never let go Taek" trying to keep him from going down even as he needs to be let go of, in all the Kate Winslet English accent glory and it was glorious, hahahahshahahahahahahahahahahaha....now every time I watch Titanic I will think of this drama. I don't think I will be able to listen to My Heart Will Go On without busting into laughter. I do love the sense of humor (among other things) DC has and this was just a brilliantly cleaver pick. 

seriously Mrs SoJiSub, you are making me rofl !! .. I almost spurt out my drink on computer screen while reading your post !!  your imagination really runs wild.. LOL why there isn't any LOL button, I need to hit that on soompi now!

Archived