[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Great ending but it lacks something. I was hoping for more JH scenes. But thanks to all the the people behind the show! It is ofc hard to please everyone but they made it so wonderful to the point that I no longer mind Taek being the husband. I have always wanted a show that is less than 20 episodes, but it is only this show that I wish for more episodes. I seriously do not want it to end. I don't mind an almost 2-hour episode! I just love every bit of the show! Lol Idk what to do with my life anymore now that R88 has ended. Wait for the next reply, maybe? lol

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Errrr... What was that?

It is a dream, right guys?

I am still watching Reply 1988 right? Am I? Or am i not? 

What kind of ending was that? 

Never mind about JH not being the husband. What about the whole TK and DS thingy? 

It seems so rushed. I think TKxDS shippers feel the same. 

The ending... The ending... Omg. What kind of ending was that? 

Going back to Ep01? What? 

Did the writer lose her chain of thoughts along the way? There are so many loopholes.

That's why they shouldn't drag the love triangle.

Ugh. Being such a great drama from the start, all ended up in such a waste.

Such a waste to lose great characters (like JH and DR) and great acting talents (like RJY and PBG).

the main thing here is change.  you move to other places, the lively houses you used to live on are now abandoned but the memories you had with the people you always were with will always stay. this drama really punched my heart, especially when they went back on time and then when they were children. There's this sinking feeling, then acceptance and reflection. Knowing that will happen to me too. 

First and last post on this thread. Wanted to post this yesterday, but tempers were running high. Dunno if it has been already posted but the sitting order of the following pics really nagged me throughout the series. Finally it made sense to me -

wuB0x5l.gif

DS never fell for DR so he is always on her left. THe rest of the boys are sitting on her right

1) In the order she 'fell in love' with them in the episodes.

2) In increasing height might be indicative of the probability of the person being her husband - DR [least] to TK [highest]

I'm outta here :D

3 minutes ago, Yesin Lee said:

So at the end, we all got JUNGPALED??? really bittersweet I'm so not ready! Making me cry! It's like a movie. I want to see the whole gang! I want to see them all happy :bawling:

not gonna lie, i wanted to see what happens to JH, i really fell for him too. I wanted to see what DR is doing, and if DS& TK have any kids. or all of the gang. What happened to wangjun? how did taek propose? I want a reunion :bawling: the writer is keeping it to herself :dissapointed_relieved:

Beautiful ending though rushed.. Cried a lot even though dint understand many things. 

Family was always the focus of this drama and it stuck to it. The love portions never had more coverage..

Wanted closure for jh but sometimes u just don't need it spelled out. He moved on and so have I. Would have loved to see a lil more of him though.

Maybe coz of accident he cud not shoot more scenes.

what an ending!

i've been a silent lurker here up until today..

i love this show so much and as i watched only some parts of the end (because it lagged sooo much), it made me tear up. 

i loved the ending, though i wish they did a get together of the older characters like the other reply seasons at the end, but i guess this one is special because the future characters are different actors.. which i like as well.. 

anyway, i missed seeing JH & DR in the future and having a closure on JH's love after DS... i felt we've seen him so little in the last few episodes after they flooded us with many scenes with him from the begining.. 

the story telling, cinematography and of course the acting were superb!! i'm especially impressed with Hyeri's acting (though i haven't watched other acting projects she did) and can't wait to see her in a new drama/movie soon..

this show has introduced me to great actors that i'll keep an eye on and especially Ryu Jun Yeol & Park Bo Gum..and also the other reply seasons which i watched bits here and there... i will sure go back and watch all of the reply seasons from the begining..and re-watch  them again and again..

i had fun reading your theories and observations here.. so thank you for that..

I'm glad i'm choosing to watch the last ep live stream. Aside from the triangle thingy (yes, i think this drama will be better if they're not giving angst for the triangle from the very beginning if they're not even giving them the right amount of closure), i really love all the other aspects.

Thankyou reply 88! Thankyou all!

I'm already having withdrawal issues.

Now the writer can come up with a spin off. (Maybe an hour episode each?) Suggestions are:

1) junghwan post 1994. JH being a pilot in all its glory. How he met his wife (assuming he is married in 2016)

2) dongryol and his future. 

3) show us the 2016 interview full cut. I'm very curious what is the interview for *pulls hair*

4) how taek-dukseun got married and the process towards marriage

5) jinjoo's future. With cameo's by her awesome brothers

Hehe:P

They just discarded JH after episode 18.. basically just give him some screen time ..I am sad that DR and JH didn't have any girlfriends .. almost all the couple are happy.. oh well the best part I like is Bora leaves a sweet note to her dad during her wedding ( although I couldn't understand korean language).. that is heart warming.and basically the whole wedding ceremony was great :) 

Thanks to all the recappers and translators !! 

Archived