[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Actually I am not so interested in JH confessing, if he will or not...rather I am anticipating DS' reaction when she realises that JH likes her and/or that she likes him also.  This girl has really earned her nickname as the girl who is so dense and clueless.  As for Taek, I think it would be more straight forward.  Taek will definitely be the one who confesses first and I think she may be surprise but I don't think the reaction will be as comical as the one with JH.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Color theory:

So I did read about this color theories a few days ago in korean, and I wasn´t sure if it´s a thing yet or not. But seems more people have pointed it out so I´m gonna trans from what I understand.

- The color theory follows similarly in Reply1994, where there was 7 casts in 7 rainbow colors:

28474437.jpg

Note: husband in R94 is green.

So for Reply 1988, there´s 5 friends and they follow the 5 color of the olympic colors, in the order they´re standing in the poster.

olympic-rings-1328914.jpg

• Dong Ryong is blue
  • Deoksun is yellow
  • Sunwoo is black
  • Junghwan is green
  • Taek is red

The colors are pointed out again in the diamond game. Junghwan´s mom picked up the green piece, which color represent Junghwan.
The other contender on the game is Taek who is red, and Deoksun who is yellow. They also point out how Deoksun is often seen with the color yellow/orange. Like the yellow juice cup and orange juice etc. 

- Included are closeup of the color things, in pairs: 

It´s yellow (Deoksun) and green (Junghwan)

- Also in Junghwan´s profile: "The greatest goddess of the world -  Lee Mi Yeon". Junghwan´s favorite celebrity is Lee Mi Yeon, and Deoksun is a self-proclaimed Lee Mi Yeon in 1988. While her older self in 2015 is played by Lee Mi Yeon.

Also this: Green (Jungwan) + Red (Taek, not 100% confirmed) = Yellow (Deoksun)

The similar scenes: 

- Deoksun lost her camera on the trip. Junghwan lost his liqueur bottle. 
- Future husband is acted by Kim Joo Hyuk, hangul letters KJH it also fit: Kim Jung Hwan.
- Deoksun bicker scene when they watched the movie A Better Tomorrow 2 is similar to their bickering in 2015

The rest of the post, it pointing out how it´s Sunwoo-Bora who will be in the other loveline. I´m not gonna translate it, cause the theory has been posted here before.

Source blog post: http://m.blog.naver.com/areon_bang/220538670581

- A similar scene between Sunwoo and Bora 

Can someone please tell me about the color theory? Thanks in advance!

So Taek is this version's chilbong and junghwan is trash oppa. How to choose? :crazy::vicx:

See the post above
EDIT: ohh actually the pics doesn´t show up on quote. But you can read about the color theory full post here: http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/346174-current-drama-2015-answer-me-1988-응답하라-1988/?do=findComment&comment=19373957

Guys I think Jungbong also confessed to Bora this episode. Because we saw him fickle with a postcard, and I think he sent them in to the radio station with his confession to Bora on it. We saw him send in something to the radio station before. And later on the radio they also called out Seon Bora, something like a confession. Bora husband in 2015 could as well be Jungbong :P Just a thought to take with you.

oh i guess that before. The production tries to make double husband games right? haha because Bora is also daughter of SDI and LIH then must be a guess game for her hubby. lol

That was a great twist! Reply 1988 is just so good at this. Jung Hwan, while you're taking your sweet time laughing and rejoicing at the fact that your best friend didn't reciprocate your crush's feelings, another best friend of yours is slowly making his way into her heart. I've only watched the videos that TVN posted on their yt channel so far, but that look on Taek as he watched Duk Seon so busy in taking off her jacket, but he suddenly went in for a real big tight hug! Let's not even forget that he bit his lip in anticipation of a hug from her since the guys did it, and when she didn't, he did the first move himself. Like omg. That was......... Smh. Jung Hwan, this boy initiated the skinship - you better come prepared. Hahaha.

that seriously explained why he had that same gloomy look as Jung Hwan's as they both watched Duk Seon being extra caring for sun Woo last episode. And the fact that he was there with Jung Hwan to witness that moment. Seriously. This drama. So much feels.

I think Taek's liking stems from their childhood days. I'm quite certain now that picture of her piggybacking him sealed the deal for Taek. Hahah.

Ahhh. Jung Hwan, seriously, now is not the time to relax. You don't want to get your heart broken again and go on yet another hunger strike!

Another week of wait ;(((( My heart is so torn. I seriously have no one to ship. I used to be both on Jung Hwan and Sun Woo's, but now it's Jung Hwan and Taek's. Seriously. She just has good chemistry with any guys.

The online ratings were 75.5.  It'll soon reach 100% online ratings.  

Online ratings? What is that?

means the percentage of people who streamed/watched it live on the internet instead of watching via TV.

what site does the stream rating refer to? are tVN (and many chanels in Korea) do an online stream too? Free? Because almost every drama have online rating too. im kinda confused

Guest csw909203

I was starting to feel a little sorry for Dong Ryong that he's not considered in the running for any of the girls…but seriously, I feel like its going to get so complicated with all these love triangles that he's really going to need to step it up as "counsellor" for the group. Haha. Poor guy, going to have to deal with the heartbreak of his friends. 

Guest beastrbae

I'm just throwing things out as of now, the clock JH used when waiting for DS to come back safely from the library is Yellow and Green too. At this point, I don't know if it's a coincidence or not anymore lol.

63xWpEg.png

i just watched the ep 6 raw......

the reaction the husband give when he see DS dance is exactly same with Taek reaction when DS dance SOBANGCHA in his room.

Remember that Taek is kinda shock when he open the door and find DS dance and he left the room? It's exactly same with the husband reaction!! he's kinda shock and left DS dancing..... if the husband is Junghwan, he will laughing at  her dance !!!!!

aaaa......ottokee??

I can't handle it anymore....poor urii junghwan uri tsundere junghwannnnnnn...

i think this is what chilbongers feel in reply 1994.

aaakkkk, ottokeeee..... Junghwannnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

Ah, that poor tsundere....but i will always on JH team and cheer him!

But if the husband is not JH, well the writers is really really cruel for make me falling in love with JH...hikssss...........

I was starting to feel a little sorry for Dong Ryong that he's not considered in the running for any of the girls…but seriously, I feel like its going to get so complicated with all these love triangles that he's really going to need to step it up as "counsellor" for the group. Haha. Poor guy, going to have to deal with the heartbreak of his friends. 

we still have a girls, Jin Joo.

Actually, I ship them together in 2015, but, are DR too old that time? HAHHAHA

LOL idk how to upload an image here and too lazy to create an image link but in the scene where DS was crying on her desk, we can see the yellow doll falling over like DS and the green doll is looking at it. But the red one is not with the other dolls but was separate and looking at another doll in stead. So idk if Taek is red. Maybe SW is still red but not in the game anymore.

The way i see it, JH is green and Taek is blue.

Starting from next episode BR will be hanging out with the gang so that explains the extra doll. looking forward to her and SW's secretly dating LOL. 

He's totally going to marry one of Deok-Sun's friends.  Though I do like him and Deok-Sun together.  Though maybe they are better as friends.  There's no spark there because they are so compatible. 

He's going to be working over time though, so no time for love. 

Archived