[Drama 2015] ◇∞ Ex-Girlfriends' Club ❤ 구여친클럽 ∞◆

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that Soojin isn't hanging on to Myung Soo or trying to push herself on to him. She accepts it and moves on. I really liked the dynamics of the sequence where she makes him a latte. She didn't want to face Hwa Young alone but she didn't hang around waiting for him to finish. She moved on and did her own stuff instead and he came looking for her to take her to Hwa Young.

@oist , Interesting call on Myung Soo as the second lead. He really is the second male lead nice guy best friend.

I like that Soojin isn't hanging on to Myung Soo or trying to push herself on to him. She accepts it and moves on. I really liked the dynamics of the sequence where she makes him a latte. She didn't want to face Hwa Young alone but she didn't hang around waiting for him to finish. She moved on and did her own stuff instead and he came looking for her to take her to Hwa Young.

@oist , Interesting call on Myung Soo as the second lead. He really is the second male lead nice guy best friend.

​I still want her to end up with myunso, I still have not warmed up for  the second lead yet, maybe that will change in the upcoming episodes

Guest MariaG

Mmmm I don't understand how at this point, when the character has appeared only a few minutes in a single episode... already wish that the second lead stay with Soojin [想一想]

We really don't know anything about him, beyond noted that he is pedantic, brusque and somewhat rude in his speech... certainly we can't deny that he is a good friend and he is a smart guy. Of the rest we don't know nothing, how he is as a person, as a couple, if he really going to want or not Soojin... because one thing is like her and another is love her. [兔子]

@raeara  did actor Choi Min Soo visited the set or something? 

Hidden Content

Can't we dream?! Is Choi Min Soo making a cameo? :D I know... not all dreams come true... I know, it would have  been in the news... The fact that the caption says "Work hard' doesn't really make me hopeful, but I can always dream. (Is it obvious that I still feel guilty towards Choi Min Soo for not discovering him earlier?)

​I still want her to end up with myunso, I still have not warmed up for  the second lead yet, maybe that will change in the upcoming episodes

​I didn't mean that Myeung Soo is not going to get the girl or that he is actually the second lead. But the characteristics they have given him, as @oist pointed out, are similar to what they usually do with the second lead in recent kdramas - very passive, incredibly nice. And in an interesting reversal of tropes, the nice guy is the one friend-zoning the female lead because they are too comfortable and there is no tension. Soojin and Myeung Soo have the companionship that would sustain a relationship once the romance dies down. This is the story of kickstarting the romance.

Guest timpa

I know this is a lighthearted comedy... but I wonder if Soo Jin was a victim of sexual assault. She never got intimate with her boyfriend... doesn't seem to actively seek relationships. She made a movie about comfort women and talked about how long she spent with them to convince them (perhaps sharing her own history)

Two of the posters shown frequently in the office are the movies A Petal and Steel Cold Winter. Both feature teenage girls who suffer abuse from men. Petal shows very graphic rape scenes (I dont ever recommend watching this movie)

I know this is a lighthearted comedy... but I wonder if Soo Jin was a victim of sexual assault. She never got intimate with her boyfriend... doesn't seem to actively seek relationships. She made a movie about comfort women and talked about how long she spent with them to convince them (perhaps sharing her own history)

Two of the posters shown frequently in the office are the movies A Petal and Steel Cold Winter. Both feature teenage girls who suffer abuse from men. Petal shows very graphic rape scenes (I dont ever recommend watching this movie)

​wow, you and your hawk eyes! such a good point though! and it might be the case!

but i hope its not the case though, if they incorporate that situation, it might overwhelm the show altogether. 

Guest yawnisa

I don't think soo jin was a victim of sexual assault. In episode 1 or 2, soo jin told used to be a PD of documentary film and human right movie. So this is explain the poster. Regarding she never have a physical contact its just she doesnt have dating exp, so she's not sure how to act like one. And from myungsoo side, he doesnt see soojin as woman.

Though they have a lot of natural skinship as a friend. So i dont think that's the case. It's just because as a human she has concern about the topic regarding human rights, sexual assault include.

Guest oist

@MariaG I really love the way he always looks her [得意地笑]

me too! he does a lot of secret glances at her and it just gives me the thrills :D

btw, hi @dingax i remember you from ER couple :D

Regarding Choi Min Soo, he was just passing by when they filmed in the Hongdae area. So he stopped his car and got out to greet the crew.

​I figured it out from his „not so clean look” (I was about to say „polished”, but he is rarely polished.) and the „Work hard” caption, but I was in my „irrationally stubborn” state. What have you done to my bubbles? :tears: 

Is it Friday yet? Is it? Is it? :blink::blink::blink:

They don't give out like additional teasers for the next ep huh? Such a bummer.

I like that there's a realness in Soo Jin's character. And we've been seeing that for the past 4 episodes. Now I'm waiting to take a peek at Myeong Soo's real character. What made him the way he is? Who pushed him to have these complexes, the need to make everyone happy? 

And why does he insists that his representation on the webtoon is a cheetah when it clearly looks like a dog? WHY MYEONG SOOOooooo????Why?

Now. Friday, won't you come sooner?

Archived