[Drama 2015] ◇∞ Ex-Girlfriends' Club ❤ 구여친클럽 ∞◆

Maetawinz

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Song Ji Hyo at “Ex-Girlfriend Club” Press Conference

20150514_kfashionista_songjihyo3.jpg

After starring in Emergency Couple last year, Song Ji Hyo is making her return to Korean drama screen this May with new tvN drama Ex-Girlfriend Club! The press conference for the new drama was held on April 30, ahead of the drama May 8 premiere. The cast of the drama was in attendance to promote the romantic comedy. For the event, Song Ji Hyo wore the Embroidered Organza Shirt Dress ($1679) from Blumarine which was paired with a pair of nude color heels. In this drama, the actress plays the role of a movie producer who has to make a movie from a webtoon written by her ex-boyfriend (played by Byun Yo Han).

20150514_kfashionista_songjihyo2.jpg20150517_kfashionista_blumarine.jpg

(KpopStarz [1][2]) 

kfashionista.com/2015/05/18/song-ji-hyo-at-ex-girlfriend-club-press-conference/

Episode 3 felt more like a setup while episode 4 was hilarious. The show isn't deep, just a straightforward romcom about two friends learning they might be it for each other. It's nowhere near perfect but as long as it stays funny and comes through on the main romance, I am fine.

Rara is the funniest and does the most to stir the pot. She is also the only character that does not have a specific goal in all of this. It's not like she is angling for a role in the movie or to get Myeung Soo back. 

Hwa Young's fiance probably wouldn't have cared if she had told him upfront. But she can't see beyond her own insecurities and is creating a mess that is going to crash on her. It looks like Myeung Soo was pretty serious about her so hopefully we get to see the redeeming qualities that got her these two sweet guys.

In the end, the two of them feel like tools to bring Soojin and Myeung Soo together for now. Ji Ah on the other hand feels like something Myeung Soo specifically has to deal with. She left him for stability, only to find stability on its own can't bring happiness. Now she is back and both are dancing around getting back together, if she can let her guard down long enough. Which I think I am okay with the idea of it happening but depends on the execution.

Stability also comes up a lot in Soojin's arc. That is what ties her and Myeung Soo - both are passionate dreamers, who want the freedom to create their art. They know what it means to beg. But reality requires you to worry about things like money, how to pay the bills, compromise.

Guest MariaG

In particular, I enjoy watching this drama for what it is ... a story that tells in a fresh and fun way what happens when a woman is reunited with a man with whom she had a past ... and that she should working with him despite having to tolerate the constant intervention of the boy's ex-girlfriends. [doge]

Hardly have transmitted 4 episodes ... still have not put the cards on the table and certainly in the coming episodes would reveal more data about what are the true feelings of MS. Because in some ways it has already been given to understand what are the intentions of the ex-girlfriends and what are the real feelings of SJ. [兔子]

6da7170bjw1es8r8b227pj20zk0k0djo.jpg

I really love them [心]

Guest MariaG
Guest mywebfoot

Seriously. That GIF you have there @MariaG.

This is the secret sauce of this show. It's like hijinks, hijinks, HEART. In the most unexpected places.

He's playing his part in the farcical relationship. She's playing her part in the farcical relationship. He pulls her in for a showy kiss, she's all into it too, and jussssst when they get close... she can't meet his eyes. She gets demure. And sweetly affected. And spazzz.... because he feels it and goes "What's this?" 

Guest MariaG

Seriously. That GIF you have there @MariaG.

This is the secret sauce of this show. It's like hijinks, hijinks, HEART. In the most unexpected places.

He's playing his part in the farcical relationship. She's playing her part in the farcical relationship. He pulls her in for a showy kiss, she's all into it too, and jussssst when they get close... she can't meet his eyes. She gets demure. And sweetly affected. And spazzz.... because he feels it and goes "What's this?" 

Definitely ... [心]

Mmmm I don't know how this scene continues ... I'm not sure if it's for this or next scene but then you can hear the sound of a breaking glass. I hope that does not hinder even more the possible kiss [可怜]

I think most audience expect Soojin to be with Myungsoo in the end, as what most rom coms do. But I thought it'd be refreshing to see a turn of storyline. Soojin has it bad with Myungsoo in a way that she's never seen as more than friend. Maybe in the later episode, we will see Myungsoo's real feelings towards Soojin (maybe he wants more, but he is afraid). I thought it'd be refreshing to see Soojin ended up with Jo Geun while Myungsoo with Ji Ah. Jo Geun and Soojin already has mutual respect as the foundation of their relationship based on the work they do. While Myungsoo also appreciates Soojin, I think his soft spot for women makes him a weak candidate to be Soojin's lover. In additional, he clearly still has unresolved feelings for Ji Ah and sometimes, he prioritises her above all. 

But maybe in the later episode, we'll see Soojin and Myungsoo develop their relationship romantically. However, since Jo Geun,in a way, is already aware that their 'dating' relationship might be a bluff, I'm so looking forward to see how the story pans out from there. 

P.S, my current thought on the show is probably heavily influenced by my second lead syndrome! LOL

Guest MariaG

I don't like Ji Ah... deep down she's a very possessive and manipulative woman. I don't think she really loves MS ... for me it's only loneliness and selfishness, to know that she can have him whenever she wants [抓狂]

It's clear that none of them really love him ... probably at the past, all the ex-girlfriends liked MS but not now. Unlike SJ, who always loved him and in her innocence and stupidity, even thought the feeling was mutual  [悲伤]

e42ce22bjw1es8e3j72bcj20m80oz78p.jpg

a jealous MS...¿? [偷乐]

@MariaG - Love your cap!  I was hesitant at first to watch this b/c I couldn't image the drama being interesting - maybe a quirky take on it with a movie, but a drama?  But now, I don't know why I waited!  I am really enjoying the twists it gives the audience that think they know what will happen (ahem, like me) and then there throw a curve ball....for instance, when MS clarifies that he never dated SJ - Ji Ho acting was so priceless!  I should feel sorry - but my oh my laughed so hard I was in tears!  And the music - how sometimes they time it with the situation; the pairings so far is awesome.  I am also really liking this drama because I get to see all these different sides to Ji Ho - how she can be tough, sweet, strong, funny and vulnerable.  I am certainly looking forward to the next episode. ^^/

Guest raeara

cant wait this fridayyyyy....arr i always watching preview episode 5...and i heard jo gyeon say kiss i love you....so i think jo gyeon forced soo jin and myung soo kiss....arrrr...naughty jo gyeon...and i really want Jo gyeon make myung soo jealous....lets see how reaction myung soo jealousy...

Episode 3 felt more like a setup while episode 4 was hilarious. The show isn't deep, just a straightforward romcom about two friends learning they might be it for each other. It's nowhere near perfect but as long as it stays funny and comes through on the main romance, I am fine.

Rara is the funniest and does the most to stir the pot. She is also the only character that does not have a specific goal in all of this. It's not like she is angling for a role in the movie or to get Myeung Soo back. 

Hwa Young's fiance probably wouldn't have cared if she had told him upfront. But she can't see beyond her own insecurities and is creating a mess that is going to crash on her. It looks like Myeung Soo was pretty serious about her so hopefully we get to see the redeeming qualities that got her these two sweet guys.

In the end, the two of them feel like tools to bring Soojin and Myeung Soo together for now. Ji Ah on the other hand feels like something Myeung Soo specifically has to deal with. She left him for stability, only to find stability on its own can't bring happiness. Now she is back and both are dancing around getting back together, if she can let her guard down long enough. Which I think I am okay with the idea of it happening but depends on the execution.

Stability also comes up a lot in Soojin's arc. That is what ties her and Myeung Soo - both are passionate dreamers, who want the freedom to create their art. They know what it means to beg. But reality requires you to worry about things like money, how to pay the bills, compromise.

​I like the way you put it here. The show has its flaws. I, for one, am dissatisfied with whoever is arranging the bg score in the first 3 episodes. I could write essays on it :P The songs are really good. I hope they use it in appropriate places ! But the point it is, this show is easier to relate to than the other rom-coms because of the portrayed relationship dynamic.

We all have our ideal types. People we meet, might not be exactly a perfect match. We either accept them for who they are, change ourselves or try to change them to fit our standards. For MS, Cat was the first type, fox the second (? insufficient data ) and Lioness the 3rd. It is when we accept the person for who he/she is and they are exactly what you want, that it becomes a happy relationship. This will be the case with Soo Ji, I suppose.

Until then, I really like the way they are handling the atmosphere between Myeong Soo and Ji Na. The first love is always special, no matter how it ends or whom you end up with. One tends to idealize our first relationships in most cases, as it is always love at its purest. We become jaded over the the time with serial dating and consequent breakups. MS and JiNa relationship is well executed. She is his first, in more ways than one ;) She is also the one with whom he has the best relationship amongst his exs. As she was more experienced than him when they met, she understood him better. Also I think she accepted who he was and didn't try to change him. People can change some habits, but their basic personality doesn't change. This realization comes with maturity.

She knew that MS wasn't what she / family wanted for her (we can't conclude as we don't know how they broke up) so she had to make the decision which was best for both of them at that time. Since she was the one who broke up, she doesn't think she can ask to get back together so casually. She knows she hurt him. Maybe she is looking for the correct moment  or to see if he is still willing? But one thing for sure, if she thinks he likes someone else (Soo Ji) she will make all effort to help him get her. Because she genuinely cares for him beneath all the cat like nonchalance.

I think most audience expect Soojin to be with Myungsoo in the end, as what most rom coms do. But I thought it'd be refreshing to see a turn of storyline. Soojin has it bad with Myungsoo in a way that she's never seen as more than friend. Maybe in the later episode, we will see Myungsoo's real feelings towards Soojin (maybe he wants more, but he is afraid). I thought it'd be refreshing to see Soojin ended up with Jo Geun while Myungsoo with Ji Ah. Jo Geun and Soojin already has mutual respect as the foundation of their relationship based on the work they do. While Myungsoo also appreciates Soojin, I think his soft spot for women makes him a weak candidate to be Soojin's lover. In additional, he clearly still has unresolved feelings for Ji Ah and sometimes, he prioritises her above all. 

But maybe in the later episode, we'll see Soojin and Myungsoo develop their relationship romantically. However, since Jo Geun,in a way, is already aware that their 'dating' relationship might be a bluff, I'm so looking forward to see how the story pans out from there. 

P.S, my current thought on the show is probably heavily influenced by my second lead syndrome! LOL

​I completely agree with you ! At the current point, I would LOVE to see SooJi falling for director Jo for 3 reasons -

SooJi has been passive, romantically speaking. She hasn't made active efforts to date and be in a relationship. Wanting to be in a relationship is like job hunting these days. You need to have your CV and skill sets, dress appropriately, do research on the company and the job requirements, negotiate salary and be aggressive in job applications and interviews. Jobs don't simply land on your doorstep on one rainy afternoon :P

SooJi needs someone other than MS to make her feel special. She has never been wooed or pursued before. Amongst all the exs, I wonder if she felt inadequate? Despite being a nice and talented person, she was not even seen as a potential love interest even for a microsecond ? The fake dating with MS and the forward advances of Director Jo will consequently make MS see her in a new light. But more than that, I think both SooJi and Jo Geum can learn a lot from each other. SooJi on how to be more focused and aggressive professionally and personally and director Jo can learn humility and kindness.

Archived