[Drama 2015] I Remember You 너를 기억해

czakhareina

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woops. Lots of Mod edits today. Sorry Mods, most of us are soompi beginners here. Also, re: post-bumping, I didn't know that... But I sure know that I'm obsessed with this drama. I feel like I've never posted this much in comment sites before. I even post here OFF drama days! How crazy is that? That said, I'm sorry to cut the previous quotes...but I wanted to reply to this one:

I'm sorry to cut your post it was long :) at least we're now sure that Min wants Hyun's love and acknowledgment and won't hurt him but nothing guarantee that he won't eliminate who ever have Hyun's love when he gets irritated by it and I mean JA.
I think that for now Hyun is fully concerned by JA's safety and not paying much attention to Min is because he didn't recognise him as his brother but if he did his reaction would be different and maybe that's why Min isn't that irritated by it more than sad that Hyun didn't pay attention to him and why didn't he try to find him like he did with JA. 

Can you imagine how confused Min must be at this point? He's probably wondering why Hyun sort of panicked to find Jian. Hyun looked determined and not willing to give up at all, and yet, there wasn't a single evidence that he looked for Min. For Min, the questions must go along the lines of: "Maybe Hyung doesn't care for me?" "Maybe Hyung doesn't love me because I'm a bad dongsaeng?" If he starts feeling this way, what happens then?

Guest ilchul

Woops. Lots of Mod edits today. Sorry Mods, most of us are soompi beginners here. Also, re: post-bumping, I didn't know that... But I sure know that I'm obsessed with this drama. I feel like I've never posted this much in comment sites before. I even post here OFF drama days! How crazy is that? That said, I'm sorry to cut the previous quotes...but I wanted to reply to this one:

I'm sorry to cut your post it was long :) at least we're now sure that Min wants Hyun's love and acknowledgment and won't hurt him but nothing guarantee that he won't eliminate who ever have Hyun's love when he gets irritated by it and I mean JA.
I think that for now Hyun is fully concerned by JA's safety and not paying much attention to Min is because he didn't recognise him as his brother but if he did his reaction would be different and maybe that's why Min isn't that irritated by it more than sad that Hyun didn't pay attention to him and why didn't he try to find him like he did with JA. 

Can you imagine how confused Min must be at this point? He's probably wondering why Hyun sort of panicked to find Jian. Hyun looked determined and not willing to give up at all, and yet, there wasn't a single evidence that he looked for Min. For Min, the questions must go along the lines of: "Maybe Hyung doesn't care for me?" "Maybe Hyung doesn't love me because I'm a bad dongsaeng?" If he starts feeling this way, what happens then?

that's really sad and scary at the same time :( and the same thing happend with the young kid who Hyun called as n°1 and took care of him and did his everything to prove that he's not the real murderer, Min was kind of jaleous of him and was wondering what is it that made Hyun interested in him? I just hope that Min doesn't get off the rails with Hyun as well because till now he loves him and I don't want him to hurt him because it will hurt both of them :tears:  

Great analysis to point out the parallel between the girl and  what Min might've done.  He is susceptible but probably not to the point of killing.. (WHEN WE ALL WANT MIN, NOT TO BE A KILLER, WE HOPE). 

scene and the writing is intelligently done  so viewers can see there is something more the killing. There might a hope..that someone who has the makings 'killer' can still hat that sanity to do what is right.

The way LJY was lookinh at the girl... daaaamn  creepy!

That's the thing... I don't want any one of the three main leads to be monsters. In which case, I'm suffering a blinded perspective if I want a very particular ending. I have to control my thoughts. While it is possible that Min may not have killed, the other half of the possibility that he could be the one killing is still out there... Perhaps, what if all of the previous 9 bodies had been LJY's doing and not Min's exactly (though he tortures the bodies and marks them).  What if Min's first complete kill is still out there? What if it's Jian? But then, you know, he was very precise in saying "should I let you live?" at that time that Jian was being beat to death at her apartment. It seemed lucky that he changed his mind but it totally looked like his original intention was to eliminate her. Note that he did call someone to inform of a change in the plan... so that's curious too.  At that, it's a little creepy that he hangs around so close to Jian especially since he had once attempted to put her in danger, but it's also simultaneously sad and heartbreaking that hanging around Jian makes him much closer to his brother... Min's choices in this drama are sure plot movers.

Also, is anybody else out there wondering whether Hyun's character or persona is being slightly downplayed in the later episodes? I read over at DB that there's a sense of deflation because Hyun's character doesn't seem to be on a trajectory. Perhaps, is it an acting thing? Is Seo In Guk subduing too much of Hyun thereby losing Hyun's intensity? Or is Hyun still a bomb waiting to happen?

As a fan, I don't mind seeing a chilling Seo In Guk. But other than his anger outburst and his adorable excitement over corpses, I haven't seen enough of Hyun that scares me about him. Which is why I'm wondering if the drama is purposely letting us think that Hyun is harmless to pull off some under the rug Monster twist with great success, or if Seo In Guk's acting approach is underwhelming Hyun... Hyun being lined up with psychopaths, plus Son Sunbae's comments amount him, has got to mean that there's a psychopath in him. That's the premise of the drama. So then, what triggers it and when will it happen? So far we've only seen annoying Hyun and cute Hyun. Angry Hyun didn't scare me. I was just as angry as he was... so what is this? Where's Monster Hyun?

For sure there's a huge plot bomb that depends on the choices of the three main characters... People will get hurt towards the end of this drama (Jian has been hospitalized twice already)... I think t
his drama has been brewing a tragic ending ever since it started so we have to brace ourselves. 

that's really sad and scary at the same time :( and the same thing happend with the young kid who Hyun called as n°1 and took care of him and did his everything to prove that he's not the real murderer, Min was kind of jaleous of him and was wondering what is it that made Hyun interested in him? I just hope that Min doesn't get off the rails with Hyun as well because till now he loves him and I don't want him to hurt him because it will hurt both of them :tears:  

You're right. Min was conflicted then, too. Perhaps, was he wondering why Hyun was trying to save the kid? Since the kid was  relatively clean and not a monster... could Min have interpreted it as his brother preferring good kids over bad kids? "Maybe Hyung likes this kid because he's good. Maybe Hyung doesn't recognize me because I'm bad."  I am anticipating a lot from Park BoGum's acting now... It would be heart-wrenching...

Great analysis to point out the parallel between the girl and  what Min might've done.  He is susceptible but probably not to the point of killing.. (WHEN WE ALL WANT MIN, NOT TO BE A KILLER, WE HOPE). 

scene and the writing is intelligently done  so viewers can see there is something more the killing. There might a hope..that someone who has the makings 'killer' can still hat that sanity to do what is right.

The way LJY was lookinh at the girl... daaaamn  creepy!

That's the thing... I don't want any one of the three main leads to be monsters. In which case, I'm suffering a blinded perspective if I want a very particular ending. I have to control my thoughts. While it is possible that Min may not have killed, the other half of the possibility that he could be the one killing is still out there... Perhaps, what if all of the previous 9 bodies had been LJY's doing and not Min's exactly (though he tortures the bodies and marks them).  What if Min's first complete kill is still out there? What if it's Jian? But then, you know, he was very precise in saying "should I let you live?" at that time that Jian was being beat to death at her apartment. It seemed lucky that he changed his mind but it totally looked like his original intention was to eliminate her. Note that he did call someone to inform of a change in the plan... so that's curious too.  At that, it's a little creepy that he hangs around so close to Jian especially since he had once attempted to put her in danger, but it's also simultaneously sad and heartbreaking that hanging around Jian makes him much closer to his brother... Min's choices in this drama are sure plot movers.

Also, is anybody else out there wondering whether Hyun's character or persona is being slightly downplayed in the later episodes? I read over at DB that there's a sense of deflation because Hyun's character doesn't seem to be on a trajectory. Perhaps, is it an acting thing? Is Seo In Guk subduing too much of Hyun thereby losing Hyun's intensity? Or is Hyun still a bomb waiting to happen?

As a fan, I don't mind seeing a chilling Seo In Guk. But other than his anger outburst and his adorable excitement over corpses, I haven't seen enough of Hyun that scares me about him. Which is why I'm wondering if the drama is purposely letting us think that Hyun is harmless to pull off some under the rug Monster twist with great success, or if Seo In Guk's acting approach is underwhelming Hyun... Hyun being lined up with psychopaths, plus Son Sunbae's comments amount him, has got to mean that there's a psychopath in him. That's the premise of the drama. So then, what triggers it and when will it happen? So far we've only seen annoying Hyun and cute Hyun. Angry Hyun didn't scare me. I was just as angry as he was... so what is this? Where's Monster Hyun?

For sure there's a huge plot bomb that depends on the choices of the three main characters... People will get hurt towards the end of this drama (Jian has been hospitalized twice already)... I think t
his drama has been brewing a tragic ending ever since it started so we have to brace ourselves. 

You're right. Min was conflicted then, too. Perhaps, was he wondering why Hyun was trying to save the kid? Since the kid was  relatively clean and not a monster... could Min have interpreted it as his brother preferring good kids over bad kids? "Maybe Hyung likes this kid because he's good. Maybe Hyung doesn't recognize me because I'm bad."  I am anticipating a lot from Park BoGum's acting now... It would be heart-wrenching...

If this is a movie, I would have placed Hyun up there as top suspect. 

SIG is playing straight. I can't comment on his acting since this is the most I have seen of him so far. If he's like PBG or Choi, my brain cogs will overheat. But he has never looked sinister from word go. I think this is the direction show wants? At the moment, I am happy to be unconflicted as to what Hyun is. 

With regard to memory loss, I could be wrong but I always think Hyun has regained his memory back but doesn't want to to think so, he pushes it back and block it.. for fear? For guilt? The truth of what happened the night the mother, the father died. Hello Monster! (When I watch kbsworld, thats the title not IRY) But of course.. who is the monster?! That is the question.  Is it LJY? Is it Min? Is Hyun? Oooh...or somebody with higher authority? Or it could be monster inside all of them.   I know when the prosecutor said he had two memory loss he was surprised but decided to let the old man explain.

@jongski,  I also think he's blocking it out from fear and how he and Min will be viewed by society, He knows he has a brother but don;t want to accept the consequences of Min actions because they could also reflect on him.. LH knows he can't cover or protect Min like he did when they was kids..   

am i the only who think the most possibly psycho in this drama is Hyun ? I mean comparing from the Lee triplet, he is the most possible being the scary psycho. In the first episode, it's obvious Joon Young has an interest with him.

am i the only who think the most possibly psycho in this drama is Hyun ? I mean comparing from the Lee triplet, he is the most possible being the scary psycho. In the first episode, it's obvious Joon Young has an interest with him.

I said it is unlikely that the drama will pull this one but aside from howls of protests from our OTP, it would be a stunner. Split personality + psychopath? 

I said it is unlikely that the drama will pull this one but aside from howls of protests from our OTP, it would be a stunner. Split personality + psychopath? 

Oh god I'm back again. I should be working! But I suddenly realized, the bodies were dumped in the ocean whenever Hyun was in Korea. What if Hyun has been killing but can't remember because of his split personality? Or what if  -instead of Min begging for his brother's attention- it's actually LJY trying to frame Hyun as a murderer?

LJY's motive: What if LJY himself was also framed in his youth and was eventually driven to kill (maybe Hyun's dad is his first kill)? What if he's using Hyun to prove a point?

I have been staring at numbers and nothing makes sense.......

back to this drama :D 

Oh god I'm back again. I should be working! But I suddenly realized, the bodies were dumped in the ocean whenever Hyun was in Korea. What if Hyun has been killing but can't remember because of his split personality? Or what if  -instead of Min begging for his brother's attention- it's actually LJY trying to frame Hyun as a murderer?

LJY's motive: What if LJY himself was also framed in his youth and was eventually driven to kill (maybe Hyun's dad is his first kill)? What if he's using Hyun to prove a point?

Yes! That's what I was thinking too! His split personality also explains why he's all nice to people like Jung Ha and *gulps* even in love with Ji An. And somehow Little Min is helping his hyung get rid of evidence? 

LJY is observing Hyun closely, he was always interested. 

someone on DB said Prof Lee's body disappeared. Did it disappear or was it assumed to have been moved from crime scene to mortuary? I always assumed the latter. Cuz otherwise, like the comment said, Dad could still be alive. And he must be a psychopath since he abandoned his sons. 

*back to trying to make sense out of my numbers*

what if there are twist in this drama???hyun is the real monster.....I just can't take it.i like hyun character...:tears:

Guest dramacf

[Starcast] Seo In Guk's suspicious posters! aka release of 'I Remember You' still images

1. [+3,125, -49] Wow. These posters are quite offbeat. I'm enjoying IRY ㅎㅎI'll remember it as one of the best dramas I've watched. Now, can we please get a scene of Professor Lee Hyun playing the piano? ㅠㅠ

2. [+2,894, -47] IRY is so fun♡♡♡

3. [+2,496, -36] IRY is enjoyable. Please release more bts clips and still images~~~^^

4. [+2,252, -30] Look at those shoulders~~~~~

5. [+1,404, -44] IRY's amazing but the ratings are mystery. Must be because the viewers are mostly young people

6. [+454, -10] Starcast, thanks for the feature ^^ IRY is jjang. Hwaiting:)

Credits: kkuljaem

what if there are twist in this drama???hyun is the real monster.....I just can't take it.i like hyun character...:tears:

NO... Hyun will not be a monster.. NO!!

i just can't think hyun as a monster since the writer puts so many efforts in explaining to us how the monster is created. more over there's something with Jian's words that is so pure and indicate something that none of hyun or min are monster. 

Jian once said that she could see honesty in Min's eyes and later she said that she thought Hyun is not a monster. 

The details in dialogue and cinematography in this drama is so heavy that you need to think every single of it. tumblr_nrrqfbzHsM1to1fhoo7_540.jpg

tumblr_nrrqfbzHsM1to1fhoo8_540.jpg

Archived