[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Just saw this fan edit so I thought I'll share since it's the birthday ceremony of Captain YSJ and Dr KMY's baby, YSJ junior :lol:

12445850_525526100960298_1231307801_n.jp

cr: as tagged

I just remembered KMY water supply got cut-off while she was washing her hair and so she took out the spring water bottles from the fridge. YSJ then asked her if he should "Boil" the water for her to which she responded  "no". In the last episode we heard him wanting a "Hot" tub and in the preview we saw them at her place. Is it somehow foreshadowing something here too for the "hot" warm bath he is after. Ok, maybe I'm just overthinking now.

Descendants-of-the-sun-07.gif

crto

• Like 19

4 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Oh my. I didn't realise that. So much clues. It's like Easter eggs carefully planted all over the drama. I guess I need to rewatch again (haven't yet because line is so slow here). 

Anyone spotted any other Easter eggs? I know currently we have these (unaccounted for) :-

1. The bathtub of KMY (sure smtg about it in ep13)

2. The white stone

3. Argus's line to KMY; "One day he will never come back." (Referring to YSJ)

4. Daniel telling KMY to give me a call if she ever feels like volunteering 

Let's just hope number 3 will not happen. I don't think anyone would be happy with it. Lol

2 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Hi... Any good soul here knows the title/singer of the song played from Dr. Kang's mobile followed by the confession audio?

Pleaseeeee. Thank you in advance! :blush:

I think you're referring to JYJ's Junsu - How Can I?. However, I don't think they have released it as OST already. I only saw cuts from the series online. I'm also waiting for it to be released officially. It's nice to play the song while remembering the scene. Makes me giggle all the time!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, viyra said:

There is no show anywhere in the world that don't have ads or commercials.  Are you watching it on live broadcast (streaming) or through different channels on YT?  Dramas or any show on tv make money through advertisements.

Watching it live and no commercial breaks.

All public broadcast stations (kbs/mbc/sbs) in S.Korea doesn't have commercial break when drama or even variety shows aired. 

• Like 8

i am just watching ep 12 from the start for the first time. it struck me that MJ x SDY relationship is stronger than YSJ x MY.

is it because MJ is from the army or of higher rank that SDY is being honest and tell her things that would worry her?

or that SDY knows MJ will let him go as she trusts him? i love it when MJ lets him go with words but her face shows worry. 

also ep 11 when fatima was shot at the road and YSJ was holding on to her while he said those words to argus that he will kill him. is it natural to be holding someone so gently and spewing death threats? i would have thought that his hands should be shaking in anger and in tight fists. anyway still enjoying the show :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, thepixies said:

CLOCK TOWER KISS 

Anyone know why the bell would ring at 6.40? Most bells are rung quarterly. Or just hourly. Lol

It could be calling for the 7 o'clock evening mass. Some churches ring their bells to warn the congregation, especially in small towns as traditionally, people did not own watches and the bells would be the only way they would know they had to stop doing wahatever they were doing and rush to church.

• Like 6

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've uploaded both cuts of Jiwon's interview on Entertainment Weekly with subs :) 

Part 1

Part 2 - with phonecall to Jingoo

Did the subs myself so it may not be the most accurate. Enjoy!

• Like 18

Guest Tinkiebell
6 hours ago, mulder9999 said:

Just wondering how's KBS making money from this series if there are no commercial breaks during its run?

is it only by selling it overseas they make profit?

in Hong Kong or Australia commercial networks sell advertising slots to make money..how's KBS going to recoup costs and make profit if no ads are shown?

4 hours ago, triplezg said:

Watching it live and no commercial breaks.

All public broadcast stations (kbs/mbc/sbs) in S.Korea doesn't have commercial break when drama or even variety shows aired. 

@mulder9999 I think they make the large bucks from syndication and licensing. Besides that, around 10 minutes before the air time is solely dedicated to advertisements. All the product placements in the drama is also considered advertisements. 

EDIT: But then again, KBS is a public TV station, it's also funded by the South Korean government. 

@gilaswan, so instead of focusing on your thesis, you ended up scribbling about MY sharing SJ's bunk, eh? :lol: Heck, who am I to complain, so please keep them coming, lol

51 minutes ago, xoxobleach said:

i am just watching ep 12 from the start for the first time. it struck me that MJ x SDY relationship is stronger than YSJ x MY.

is it because MJ is from the army or of higher rank that SDY is being honest and tell her things that would worry her?

or that SDY knows MJ will let him go as she trusts him? i love it when MJ lets him go with words but her face shows worry. 

also ep 11 when fatima was shot at the road and YSJ was holding on to her while he said those words to argus that he will kill him. is it natural to be holding someone so gently and spewing death threats? i would have thought that his hands should be shaking in anger and in tight fists. anyway still enjoying the show :)

It's unfair to compare the two in that regard. Stronger in that MJ accepts DY's  job more?  Well, obviously she's part of the same lifestyle.  They have a different set of problems than MY/SJ.  MJ has never worried once about his job because she's a military woman herself, even if she's not special ops.   She understands the ins and outs of dangerous missions, and the sacrifice people must make sometimes while MY is simply a civilian with no military background.  She's learning as she goes, not born into a military family. 

I also think MY has shown an incredible amount of trust in SJ as well.  And is asking him to show her even more...

• Like 22

@sanaeozora Hi! Yup! But in the village we used to live, church bells were rung /on/ the quarter or hour before service, not 10 mins past or 5 to. I think it is just a minor production mistake and doesn't really detract from the scene itself. My main gripe is the quick cutaway to the pan shot instead of a close up for the kiss. :D

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

This is super funny, if you also like it, please give it some love, hopefully the author will make more like it:

https://youtu.be/dbIrCIYBv-0

I like the contents of this clip. Indeed they're exactly what makes our Cpt Yoo so hot! But I found the editing a bit distracting. The scene changes weren't very well transitioned so got a bit giddy watching it...

• Like 3

Just wondering how's KBS making money from this series if there are no commercial breaks during its run?

is it only by selling it overseas they make profit?

in Hong Kong or Australia commercial networks sell advertising slots to make money..how's KBS going to recoup costs and make profit if no ads are shown?

I'm watching via tvpad4 which live streams all Korean channels...KBS2 direct from Korea..

i was surprised no ads came up,. I normally watch online and wait for the English subs, 

but couldn't  wait for episode 12 so took a direct feed on KBS2  and surprised no ads.

• Like 3