[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

Just had a random thought about the Timeline of DOTS filming.

From what I recall

July-Sept 2015 - filming in South Korea 

Oct 2015 - filming in Greece

December 2015 - DOTS finalized filming

So they filmed the Uruk scenes later. So I would assume the cast knew what would the ending be before going to Greece? 

• Like 10

this scene was 1 of my fav scene when he said "nice to see you again" aww :wub: . Beautiful shot and scenery.

Vucbiw.jpg

dc

I have never been a fan of the writer as i felt her writings was lacking of hearts in her dramas...but i could see her efforts here, SJK and SHK made it so real for me.. and i'm glad for that and hoping it continues to improve.

• Like 21

tumblr_o3kd1fApwN1ro0yyxo1_r1_400.gif

i forgot to mention joongki boyish charming killer eye smile :wub: ...how could a girl be immune to that...our pretty doctor is affected too although could still hold it back...if its me i would smile non stop like an idiot whenever he smiles...lol

@ricenamja gifs set of our captain makes me drooling, btw you're a namja or yeoja?

• Like 19

Hi all DOTS fans :)
I promise myself to watch this drama after this series end.. But i fail.. Totally into this DOTS.

Here is my long post :P 

Few things i notice.. Remember DY said to SJ about MY coming to urk.. It is not just passing fate.. Maybe they are meant to be with each other.. Fate bring them toghether..And the gloomy look SJ have.. SJ know that he totally going be in love again with her.. But his job have lots of disadvantage to their relationship.

And back to time MY dump him.. SJ were lucky that day.. If MY did not dump him.. How SJ going to tell MY he is far away for 8 month?N will SJ ask MY to wait for him that long? bad enough that SJ totally shut down about his work to MY.. Thinking about it.. Nobody want to be in that relationship "not sharing ur work" kinda thing.. And it is totally weird seeing again the guy ur dump.. Bumping with ur ex at the mall is already weird.. Talk about seeing him again in a country far away..

And i agree with MY changes...she work hard.. But still did not get promoted.. But some girl with lots of money can get promoted so easy.. I would totally going to mind set myself.. I better earn lot of cash so people would notice my talent and hard work

N then scene MY left SJ on the road .. It is quite realistic.. If someone mad at you because of ur kindness to help him out.. I would totally just left him there.. He is a captain n a soldier btw.. He surely know how to get back.. Totally love MY at that moment.

Anyway...i hope SJ dont die in the end.. But my reality side always remind me.. This is KDrama.. They love the hero die in the end of story... Bummer

Arghh.. wednesday.. please come fast.. palliii

• Like 16

DOTS GUY'S YOU'RE ALL AMAZING....JUST ONE DAY AND IT ALMOST 10 PAGES....ITS DIFFICULT TO CATCH UP:blush:

where only in ep. 4 and were almost reaching 250 pages...whats more ..12 more ep. to go

i think a lot of fans ..they miss SHK and SJK acting in their TV screen?  i for one has been waiting for them to have a tv drama....and DOTS has just been a drama made for them...both their interaction and dialogue.

can wait for ep. 5 to come....based on the preview it seems that MY has been noticed by the bad guy and her life seems in danger...her car as we have seen in the prev. was dangling on the cliff.

• Like 16

Why do girls fall inlove to Captain Yoo Shi Jin Part 3??

e. His flirty pick-up line

tumblr_o04y34FE1m1tpi24go3_400.gif

f. Sexy in uniform

6ArJ8j-r_400x400.jpg

g.  Handsome when serious??

tumblr_o0aoubMdb11qfuy02o8_400.gif

h. a good kisser (still waiting for other kisses in this drama)

hqdefault.jpg

(gifs and pic are not mine credit to the rightful owner)

• Like 22

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

I really like the opinions @lanti expresses. At a certain point, I actually a little bit irritated with YSJ for not being honest upfront about what he does. 

HE continues to charm KMY out of her socks in hopes that once he got her, she would come to accept what he does. A lot of people who watch the drama could see what the other is thinking or doing but did not see it from a singular character's POV. In my opinion, KMY is actually more reasonable and mature when it comes to relationships. She's probably 30 plus or 30? And dating someone who could very well die, well..even if you are her, you would have give it thorough thoughts. 

I think he's going about it backwards too.  She has to fully understand what he does and how dangerous his world is before she falls in love with him.  Right now, he says all the right things, but it always ends badly when he gets called away and they are then reminded of why they "broke up" in the first place.  So they are going in circles really.

When he took her to see his friend that died, that was a good place to start, but he wouldn't allow her to see his hurt after that. I can understand that, but I can't help but think he's still not ready to really let her in. He obviously likes her, but I'm not sure he trusts her to understand him, and doesn't open up to her as much as it seems on the surface.  Though I do understand that she coolly ended it once, so he might think she'll do it again. 

I also really wonder how seriously she takes him.  He's very flirty and charming, but she's not a young girl who is going to fall for that when everything else is wrong with the relationship.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, mianabelle said:

@mizuki85 if i can say on this matter, she close her eyes, and her chin is ready and her lips bit open. The other pic might come from different shoot afterall the director and screen writer and the crew who are there are sure vindictive enough for asking for more than one shoot to find perfect kiss. This series was big budget so i heard and Im sure KBS will sell the right to many countries. The target might not only Korea audience but also world wide and if you want to present something new then you will give the audience the dirtiest kiss what they ask for rather than the usual kiss of Kdrama. (Please God make it happen)

@ahpheng8 Please more of your strips, we cant ask KBS to release DoTS on tuesday but ss our fellow of DoTS your strips heals my wound after hourly torture.

Dirtiest kiss :D for their first kiss....I hope to see it too...like let KMY's heart momentarily takes over and reciprocates his kiss before she realises that she shouldn't have done that and breaks out of the kiss. Remember in the confrontation teaser we saw how she told him not to bring up the kiss thing unless she starts on it. Something tells me that she is also a little guilty here lol....they are both mature adults so I also hope for a more perfect kiss and not those puppy love kisses since they have way past that age :sweatingbullets: just my pov.

I have also watched this dip countless time ...sigh

• Like 18

joynara, thanks for the info about the rerun ratings..it's indeed insane numbers considering it's a rerun eps :D

The_dia, Bodyguard perhaps :D ?  i guess that scene must be when they are back to Korea.

3MLBOQ.jpg

CXb5Os.jpg

y1ONt5.jpg

Spoiler

VLncXc.jpg

QM0wu4.jpg

LIwoo3.jpg
3MLBOQ.jpg

dc

• Like 24

18 minutes ago, The_dia said:

what are they actually?? 

they are soldier obviously. but sometimes soldier guard VVIP also right? if just normal person usually they used police wasn't it? dunno but they look good in suit.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, enzek said:

they are soldier obviously. but sometimes soldier guard VVIP also right? if just normal person usually they used police wasn't it? dunno but they look good in suit.

Wow, i hope that picture is from DOTS while they still a soldier but for VVVIP

• Like 6

When the visuals are too strong, every scene feels like a photoshoot. Definitely no photoshop needed. I'm always torn between staring at their beautiful faces or reading the subs. Both SJK & SHK really need to do a photoshoot together. Can someone make that happen? :)

@vu_hoa1983 nice one! :)

• Like 19