UPDATED-Newlyweds Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden delight crowd on Kiss Cam

sugarplum892

class="headline" id="yui_3_16_0_1_1419354670401_624" style="font-size: 35px; font-weight: 300; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; line-height: 42px; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-right: 40px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, helvetica, arial, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Cameron Diaz Engaged to Benji MaddenDid Cameron Diaz get a ring for Christmas? The Annie star is reportedly engaged to Benji Madden!
The 42-year-old actress and Good Charlotte rocker, 35, were first spotted together in the spring of this year. While it's unknown when during their seven-month courtship Madden popped the question, Diaz has been seen sporting various mysterious rings on that finger for a while now.
Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz (Splash News)

Most recently, Cameron has been consistently rocking a thick gold ring with dazzling stones. Next to it sits a thin gold band."It happened a few nights ago," a Madden source told People of the proposal. "All of Benji's friends are aware and happy for him. ... Her mom is a fan of him as well and gave her blessing."
"Everyone thinks it's wild but are so happy for them," a source told Us Weekly late last week. "Benji always tends to fall in love easily, but this time it's for real and he landed a great girl. They obviously both make each other incredibly happy and there's nothing better than that."
In the January issue of Cosmopolitan, Cameron deflected engagement questions, but discussed her thoughts on love (her previous high-profile relationships include Justin Timberlake, Alex Rodriguez, and Jared Leto).
"You have to find someone in the same place as you are. Timing is everything," she said. "If you get into a relationship where you want something the guy doesn't want, it's never gonna work. You're never going to get him to be in that place. No matter how old you are, finding the guy who's in the same place as you are and wants to show up is the only way a relationship works, period."
A look at Cameron's new bling (Landov)

Months earlier, the actress discussed her views on kids and marriage."I'm not looking for a husband or marriage or not not looking for that stuff," she explained to Marie Claire. "I'm living, not thinking what I should or shouldn't be doing with my life."
She continued, “We live in a society where everyone has kids, so they want other people to have kids. There is this culture that says celebrities are supposed to be just like us, so people think, 'I have children, why doesn't she?' But I'm not going to do something because it’s expected. If a family happens, then it happens. If children come to me, then I would do that, but I'm not someone who feels like she has to do something because it's expected."
Nicole Richie played matchmaker for the couple, although they knew each other for years before giving their relationship a go.
"I approve of anything that's going to make Benji happy," Richie told Andy Cohen back in July (she is married to Benji's brother, Joel Madden). After divulging she was the one who set them up, Nicole added, "I'm going to take responsibility for everything!"
Source

• 2 weeks later...

Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden tie the knot at home in Los Angeles
Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden have tied the knot at a small ceremony in Los Angeles.
The pair married at Diaz's Beverly Hills home on Monday (January 5). Around 100 guests were said to be present, including Nicole Richie, Drew Barrymore, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeffrey Katzenberg and Will Kopelman.
Cameron Diaz and boyfriend Benji Madden leaving Lady Britt super-yacht, Jean-Cap-Ferrat , France - 26 Jul 2014 Cameron Diaz and her boyfriend Benji Madden 26 Jul 2014Cameron Diaz and her boyfriend Benji Madden leaving their super yacht Lady Britt after their holidays in Sardinia and South of the France.

"We couldn't be happier to begin our new journey together surrounded by our closest family and friends," said the couple in a brief statement to People magazine.
The Good Charlotte guitarist and vocalist proposed to Diaz just a few days before Christmas.
The couple were first spotted together publicly holidaying in Italy and the South of France last summer.
Madden's sister-in-law Richie previously claimed that she set the 35-year-old up with the Annie actress.

Source

• 4 weeks later...

Newlyweds Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden delight crowd on Kiss Cam
Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden happily obliged the Kiss Cam as they closed in for a passionate smooch during the Los Angeles Lakers game in LA last night (January 27).
Caption:LOS ANGELES, CA - JANUARY 27: Benji Madden (L) and Cameron Diaz kiss at a basketball game between the Washington Wizards and the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center on January 27, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Noel Vasquez/GC Images)

The newlyweds linked arms as they sat courtside and watched the Los Angeles Lakers take on the Washington Wizards at the Staples Center. 
After spotting their faces projected onto the famous NBA Kiss Cam, the animated couple laughed before Diaz leaned in for a tender kiss.
View image on Twitter

The Annie star and Good Charlotte musician married in a small ceremony at the actress's Beverly Hills home with guests including Nicole Richie, Drew Barrymore, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeffrey Katzenberg and Will Kopelman.
"We couldn't be happier to begin our new journey together surrounded by our closest family and friends," said the couple in a brief statement.
Caption:LOS ANGELES, CA - JANUARY 27: Benji Madden (L) and Cameron Diaz kiss at a basketball game between the Washington Wizards and the Los Angeles Lakers at Staples Center on January 27, 2015 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Noel Vasquez/GC Images)

Madden proposed to Diaz just a few days before Christmas, after the pair were originally set up by sister-in-law Richie.
Other stars to have been caught on Kiss Cam include David and Victoria Beckham, and a reluctant Ellie Goulding and Dougie Poynter.
Source

Archived