[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

Hello All Sorry about today's recap no live site and my link don't work anymore.

@SMP567,  Thanks for the video recap I really enjoyed it since I couldn't keep my eyes open this morning.. Some much sleep was needed I guess..  But I did see the part were IW figured out who she is.. Now it's a question of will he tell HW or keep it to himself and try to move in on her but when HW finally found her and took one look at her his face lite up like a Christmas tree.. He's already attach to her and don't know it yet.. 

Well it maybe thurs day or friday before both episodes are sub 

@valsava  Don't worry about it.  There are still many more episodes to come. 

There's no secret, so sooner or later it'll come out. In Woo won't be able to resist his feeling for her especially after finding out she is the princess. If they don't change the history and dramatize it, In Woo is doomed for sad fate with the woman he likes.

I'm enjoying the BTS between this pair.  :)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the wonderful clips, recaps, and pics!

Tried real hard to not come here until I finished watching this weeks episodes with subs, but couldnt resist. :sweatingbullets:

Hope the subs are out soon so I can join the discussion. ^.^

Cute BTS  In Woo &  Hwa Yi
A bit shy but friendly.  Nice chemistry!

hwajung_photo150602142744imbcdrama4.jpg

hwajung_photo150602142744imbcdrama0.jpg

hwajung_photo150602142744imbcdrama3.jpg

MBC

​Really nice, digging the new hair for Hwa Yi. Her bangs werent too realistic considering she was undercover as a guy.

Cant wait to see these two's chemistry soon!

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the wonderful clips, recaps, and pics!

Tried real hard to not come here until I finished watching this weeks episodes with subs, but couldnt resist. :sweatingbullets:

Hope the subs are out soon so I can join the discussion. ^.^

@mangekyux  You are welcome. 
By the way, good news!   You are not the only one who can't resist the temptation

:)

/사진=MBC '화정' 방송화면 캡쳐

MBC

" Gwanghaegun’s policy of playing the two powers off of one another was effective in avoiding military losses, but violated the traditional Korean policy of "deference towards the greater power (Ming)", the orthodox & widely held to belief of most Koreans at the time. "     @Gerrytan8063

/사진=MBC '화정' 캡쳐

MBC      

MadraRua said:

"The queen mother is also about to become a player again. Loved the look on Gwanghae's face when the Ming decided to snub him in favour of her. I'd like to see how she can start interfering with his politics. "

And about the "OTP"... Historically we know that the princess will end up marrying JW; I'm clear though, that this is MBC and they loooove to please their audiences, I know they can not change the historical fact, but they could still play the love triangle IW-HY-JW pretty well... they may end up the drama having an "arranged marriage-no love" so they don't deviate from history, but the person she might "really love" may be In Woo, who might sacrifice his life for her and die heroically... So those of you on the IW-HY ship, don't give up just yet...

Personally, I'm on the fantasy ship of JaeGyung-Hwa Yi... hahahaha

Although I really enjoy the King-JW ship, I love how Joo Woon calls him "Cheona" all so sweetly...

And I do like how Hwa Yi and Joo Woon look together, I don't mind them.

@gerrytan8063 I love your posts very very much. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. I was in Seoul this past April, I wish I had known then all that you've shared with us now... I would have loved to participate on the Royal Tea Ceremony... I better start saving up again so I can go back and spend more time there...

135182550430[1]

Some information about Mohwaguan (慕華館) 

Mohwagung (慕華館) is the place where the Chinese envoy resides (sort like an embassy), while being the tributary nation to China (Ming & Qing), Joseon hold a Saseup (私習, informal practice) of Narye (儺禮, festival for welcoming Chinese envoys)

In front of Mohwagung (慕華館) there will be a large gate Yeongeunmun Gate as when a Chinese envoy visited, the King would go out through this door to greet him. But in 1897 when Korean declare independence from China & became Empire of Han, Yeongeunmun Gate was torn down & they built Dongninmun (Independence Gate, still is today) in its place, the expense for the construction was collected & funded by Korean citizens. The traces of the Yeongeunmun still remain on Dongnimmun where two pillars is remains are from Yeongeunmun Gate.

Line 3 Dongnimmun Station Exit 4, walk 5 min.

2015040701000656700042891_99_20150406094003[1]

The landscape painting that is feature in the poster at the background is Donggwoldong (literally landscape painting/map of East Palace, 동궐도, 東闕圖) circa around 1830 features the Changdeokgung & Changgyeonggung & these 2 palaces were known as the East palace as their location was East of Gyeongbokgung which was the main palace. Cheongdeokgung is the main palace feature in this landscape painting while Changgyeonggung is the adjacent palace. Changedeokgung Palace became the main & residence palace after the Imjin War for 270 years until Gyeongbokgung Palace was restore in 1868 during the reign of Gojong. Changdeokgung Palace had a beautiful rear garden ((Huwon,후원) in the palace as the palace was built in accordance to its landscape. Out of the 5 palaces in Seoul, I will recommend Changdeokgung & must pay a visit to the rear garden (Huwon,후원, only accessible by guide tours), great palace to see autumn foliage in the city

You can buy a copy of this landscape painting/map from the Changdeokgung Palace gift shop for W5,000 & I have a copy

Changdeokgung palace

1592 Palace was burn down by angry citizens when the royal family fled their abode during the Imjin War.

1610 Gwanghaegun reconstructed the palace

1623 Most palace structure was destroyed by fire during Injo Restoration of Rectitude revolt

1647 Palace was reconstructed again

My thoughts for Ep 15 waiting for sub for ep 16

Woo Hoo!!! The real contest begins, the princess now becomes a major political and romantic player. Aside from the choices between the 2 friends who are both attracted to her, the harder choice will be to bring down Gwanghae complete her revenge and somehow effect the future ruin of her country by choosing an incompetent and paranoid ruler or choose her country and help Joo Won support the policies that will empower her country? She is conflicted when she is with Joo Won and sees his fervor for the stabilization and defense of Joseon which are the same as the king’s goals and her quest to avenge the death of her little brother and the banishment and humiliation of her mother. The king said that he was very familiar with Hwa Yi’s eyes. This is a man who went to war, dealt with spies, politicians, men women including concubines. Will he really let a slip of a girl make a fool of him? Does the king really not see the woman beneath that uniform?  

As for Gwanghae, he exhibited the breadth of political know how with the jockeying, managing and maneuvering he has to play with his people and the people from foreign lands plus he has to watch his back. At first it seems as if Gyosan got one over the king by killing Do Ha. However, during a conversation with the king he tells Gae Shi that Defense Minister Li Cheom will be angered by Gyosan’s seeming closeness to the king. Li Cheom is feeling isolated and ignored by the king so Li Cheom is now looking closely at the movements of Gyosan. In other words the king expected that and the result is to play them against each other. Now the feral dogs will be watching each other’s moves and keep each other in check. Just one example of the king's machinations. However, for now Gyosan who is a writer and a poet is smarter than Li Cheom and seemingly got the upper hand but Gyosan likes to play dangerously. He is double dealing between the king and Kang. But it maybe the son of Kang Joo Seon whom will cut him down.

In Woo is his father’s son. He displays some gangster tendencies. He has no qualms of beating or having anybody beaten to get what he wants. He is most charming and adorable even naughty and incorrigible when he wants to be. However he is self-indulgent and that makes him careless and inconsiderate. He never really asked Hwa Yi why she is disguised as a man. He is challenged by it and more so because he senses that his best friend likes Hwa Yi. However, that carelessness is what makes him hold her hands while walking around town in public and buying her girly bracelets which announces to the world that she, Hwa Yi, is a woman could put her in danger and make her a target for someone like Gyosan and In Woo’s father. In Woo will also work at the weapon’s bureau to be close and protect his friends. But if he loses the woman he is falling for to his friend, whom will he protect?

@valsava
One is never too old or too young to enjoy life. Travel can always be arranged. It's your mind that moves your body.
 :)

​@smp567,  Very well said but tight now the moola is what's moving my body I'm going to have to save up again I know I would need at least a good 5 grand for my trip to Korea I don;t want to stay for a week I really want to see the country and the towns Busan and Jejo island I must go once I get there..So I need at least three weeks to a month

This Coming of Age ceremony also exists in Japan and China til these days I suppose?

In Korea, it is held every year on the third Monday in May

​Now this interesting I would love to watch something like this..

​@valsalva LOL at you guys, move your mind and body to make moola then make the trip and enjoy

Archived