tealee

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this? A kickass lady? A loving older couple? Is this still Dramaland? I really didn't want to get my hopes up, because of KBS, but dang it, it's looking so very interesting. Gah! I must not! I've learned my lesson too many times! Ok, maybe I'll hope a little. :P

I hope they maintain the noir-like style and dark tones, tight shots throughout. Dramas tend to degrade in production quality as they go along, but if they play it smart and don't go for too pricey and time-consuming things, they can go a long way with simple tools and keep it looking cool.

Also, Seon Woo's papa looks like a really good man. I hope they don't make him cowardly or weak. They tend to do that to nice guys in Dramaland and it's bull. Being decent and caring and kind does not make you less of a man. It makes you more of a man! A true man! He looks like a promising character. I'd love to see a cool, loving older couple.

I love the teaser. It has all the elements: mystery, actions, family love, romance. It does not look like the usual Korean drama, although I haven't seen many. LOL. All the actors acted very well, especially mom. Hope the drama itself delivers the same impacts.

Ohhhhhmyyyyygoodness, this long trailer completely blew me away, like WHOA is this even real  @-) Not only does it feel like a movie instead of a TV drama, it has a tone that reminds me more of U.S. films instead of what you usually get from Korea or other Asian production - probably a result of its source material? The part that REALLY impressed me was mom's kill bill fighting scene, which was superbly done and made me take her spy identity seriously. Our main villain is also excellent, he has such a nightmarish PRESENCE that I immediately began to really fear for our main characters' fate. Dad is great too because he seems such a nice guy I immediately start to like him. I have a feeling I will sympathize with dad a lot because unlike his spy wife and spy son, he's gonna have to fight with the great evil as a powerless, ordinary person like most of us in order to protect his loved ones.Our hero and his lover both pleasantly surprised me by seeming to have a darker, mysterious side hidden from everyone else. He is not just another geeeeenius spy analyst, and she is no Candy. So! This darn trailer successfully got me stoked (when I managed to stay cautiously optimistic/warily hopeful before it!). My only consolation is that we are less than 3 days away from the premiere  :D

Totally agree with everyone's consensus that the SPY 9 minutes trailer is absolutely amazing.

I have mentioned before that I just love the darkness (and I'm not talking about just the 'color' but the feeling that we are getting deep inside)...
But also admiring the 'look' with splashes of bright colors which heightens our viewing and makes us pay more attention.
Just looks so interesting, fresh, vibrant, and fun.

Yes, truly have that big budget movie vibe as well.

I didn't expect Umma to be that 'badass'. I know that she was/is a spy and can probably 'fight' but I thought the drama will just show a narrative. Great action scene is what we got! WOW! Bae JongOk Fighting!

The bad guy is perfect... I always associate great baddies with those scary and ready smirks they seem to possess and this Yoo OhSung got the 'baddie' smirk down pat. LOL

...and Whoah...I think this Go SungHee may just prove a lot of people wrong...But how hard can it be to act like you're in love with Kim Jaejoong, I meant Kim SeonWu...The chemistry between the SH and JJ is great and believable...well so far...
:\">

Of course, loving Kim Jaejoong as Kim SeonWu. No need to elaborate on that. hehehe
;)) >:D<

Embedded image permalink

[TRANS] #kbsSpy E01 text preview #스파이 #김재중 #김선우:

After a mysterious accident while he was on mission in China, NIS field agent Seonwoo (Kim Jaejoong) returns to Korea and join the intelligence analysis unit. The housewive Hyerim (Bae JongOk), who couldn't even imagine that her son is a NIS agent, is having a normal life. On the other hand, NIS is astir with the surrender of a spy from North Korea. Through Sooyeon (Chae Subin) - the spy, Seonwoo is about to get the clue to his accident in China, but...

http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/spy/view/preview/2330212_90957.html
via @The_Little_Pear

@vzmeiin,@tealee,   Thank you for the lovely gif's and stills that long teaser posted by @tealee is awesome I guess mom is trying to save her son from spy life.. So I'm most certainly on board for spy and looking forward to friday especially since they are giving us two episodes back to back..

@tealee, @vzmeiin,@yaqiyuki,  Thanks for the pics, and vids from the press con.  Wow! That long trailer is so bad( richard simmons) cool. Bae Jong Ok and Yoo Oh Song are awesome! I love that mom is going to do what it takes for her son.  I can't wait for the scene when JJ realizes his mom is a NK spy! I know he is going to be awesome too.  @tealee, I agree that Go Sung He may prove people wrong. At this point I'm not going to entertain any negative thoughts re this drama. I love the film noir look, the action looks exciting, I'm hoping that someone subs this one so we don't have to wait for KBS world.

Guest wing834

Absolutely love the long trailer! I agree that it has an American tone to it, and the visuals look amazing! 
I like how JJ and SH are couples already, this means that they dont have to use up a lot of screen time for the courtship and just jump to the main substance, being the mum-son relationship and the spy drama. With all the criticism given to SH, me myself included, I am surprised by her acting in the previews, and really like her chemistry with JJ. I hope she proves netizens wrong!

wing834 said: Absolutely love the long trailer! I agree that it has an American tone to it, and the visuals look amazing! 
I like how JJ and SH are couples already, this means that they dont have to use up a lot of screen time for the courtship and just jump to the main substance, being the mum-son relationship and the spy drama. With all the criticism given to SH, me myself included, I am surprised by her acting in the previews, and really like her chemistry with JJ. I hope she proves netizens wrong!

evie7 said: @tealee, @vzmeiin,@yaqiyuki,  Thanks for the pics, and vids from the press con.  Wow! That long trailer is so bad( richard simmons) cool. Bae Jong Ok and Yoo Oh Song are awesome! I love that mom is going to do what it takes for her son.  I can't wait for the scene when JJ realizes his mom is a NK spy! I know he is going to be awesome too.  @tealee, I agree that Go Sung He may prove people wrong. At this point I'm not going to entertain any negative thoughts re this drama. I love the film noir look, the action looks exciting, I'm hoping that someone subs this one so we don't have to wait for KBS world.

Guest wing834

Rewatched the trailer and everything seems so slick and chic! 
BJO's relationship with her husband is so cute at the start, but shows the angst at the end, really anticipating seeing them together! But... y do i have a feeling that someone bad will happen to the husband... T_T So cute when he tried to protect her at the baseball place! Also, BJO's fighting scene is also really well done~!
YOS' character is intriguing too! he is intimidating and slightly creepy, but is so charismatic XD such a big contrast to how he is in interviews, since he seems quite shy XD
KBS PLEASE DON'T SCREW THIS UP!

wing834 said: Rewatched the trailer and everything seems so slick and chic! 
BJO's relationship with her husband is so cute at the start, but shows the angst at the end, really anticipating seeing them together! But... y do i have a feeling that someone bad will happen to the husband... T_T So cute when he tried to protect her at the baseball place! Also, BJO's fighting scene is also really well done~!
YOS' character is intriguing too! he is intimidating and slightly creepy, but is so charismatic XD such a big contrast to how he is in interviews, since he seems quite shy XD
KBS PLEASE DON'T SCREW THIS UP!

And also it seems Seon-woo's dad had known about Ki-cheol or that Hye-rim is a n.korean? After Hye-rim called him and say that Ki-cheol appeared, Seon-woo's dad stopped Hye-rim's car (with some awesome driving skill too LOL) and asked her if Ki-cheol was threatening her for money or something, in which Hye-rim replied "Seonwoo!"

D-1 to Spy!!! I can't wait to watch it, the preview already looked so promising with the scenes filmed like as though it's a movie hahahah :x

Archived