Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

I really enjoyed the first episode of ENCOUNTER, sophisticated yet warm atmosphere and their meeting was so natural and magical. She is really good but also our Bo Gum showed the simple and kind character of Kim Jin Hyuk, a young man, passionate and very handsome. In the context, his look is perfect. I can not wait to see the next episode.

I chose some significant moments and put them in spoilers to not ruin the surprise to those who have not seen them yet.

Spoiler

• Like 3

âEncounterâ Kicks Off With Stellar Viewership Ratings, Leaves Its Mark On tvN History

“Encounter” Kicks Off With Stellar Viewership Ratings, Leaves Its Mark On tvN History

Nov 29, 2018
by E. Kang

tvN’s “Encounter” is off to a fantastic start!

Starring Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum, the drama is about two people of vastly different backgrounds and personalities who begin a whirlwind romance after a chance meeting in Cuba.

Its premiere on November 28 brought in viewership ratings of 8.7 percent with a peak at 10.1 percent according to Nielsen Korea.

“Encounter” now holds the title of having the highest viewership for the premiere of a tvN Wednesday-Thursday drama. Not only that, but it also went down as having the second highest viewership ratings for the premiere of a tvN drama overall, second only to the record held by “Mr. Sunshine” at 8.9 percent.

While ratings for cable dramas are aggregated in a slightly different manner, “Encounter” claimed the highest ratings among all Monday-Tuesday evening dramas across both cable and public broadcasting channels as well. (not Monday-Tuesday but Wednesday-Thursday evening dramas)

It performed strongly among tvN’s target audience of those in their 20s-40s, recording an average of 5.1 percent with at peak at 6.1 percent. It was particularly popular with female viewers ranging from teens to those in their 30s.

While not without its criticisms, “Encounter” brought in an undeniable interest, with Song Hye Kyo, Park Bo Gum, Cuba, sunset at Malecón, Havana, and other related terms rise on real-time search rankings during its broadcast.

SBS’s “The Last Empress” also continued strongly with ratings of 5.7 percent and 7.9 percent during its November 28 broadcast.

MBC’s “Children of Nobody” recorded 3.8 percent and 4.7 percent in viewership while KBS2’s “Feel Good to Die” brought in ratings of 2.4 percent and 3.5 percent. MBN’s “Love Alert” saw a viewership of 1.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1270867wpp/encounter-kicks-off-stellar-viewership-ratings-leaves-mark-tvn-history

• Like 1

Song Hye Kyo & Park Bo Gum's 'Boyfriend' records tvN's 2nd ever highest viewer ratings for a premiere episode

Song Hye Kyo, Park Bo Gum

The first episode of tvN's brand new Wed-Thurs drama 'Boyfriend' took off on a running start on November 28. 

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere episode of 'Boyfriend' starring Song Hye Kyo, Park Bo Gum, and more recorded an average viewership rating of 8.7%, plus a highest viewership rating of 10.1%. This marks the second ever highest viewer rating for the first episode of any tvN drama series; the reigning #1 premiere episode is 'Mister Sunshine' with 8.9%. 

Furthermore, the November 28 episode of 'Boyfriend' recorded the highest viewer ratings of all currently airing Wed-Thurs dramas in its time slot, topping public broadcasting station titles such as 'Red Moon, Blue Sun', 'Feel Good To Die', and 'The Last Empress'. 

Did you catch the first episode of 'Boyfriend', shot in Cuba?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

Praying to dramagods that ratings will continue to increase. Bogummy Fighting!

Hi swordfish, I join with you -  In cable dramas, 1% - 5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. We know that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels.  TV ratings are always significant to gauge which programs are more popular for broadcasting companies, advertising companies, and also fans. IDK why SKorea has (2) different ratings. Both companies (AGB Nielson & TNmS) use a research tool called People Meter that is attached to a Receptor. Any person can be included in the research, but families that have a member involved in the broadcasting business in some way are excluded. Now the question is, what makes the ratings have 2~3% differences between the two research companies? I guess the reason for this difference is that TNmS visits the households and includes “guests” that are watching TV into their studies thus increasing the percentage of certain TV Show, while AGB Nielson does not. Because I think these percentage differences would mean a lot for advertising companies or broadcasting companies. I wish we could see identical numbers in the future so as not to create confusion. Otherwise, we see few percentage differences like we do now.  When dramas play the ratings game they win or they die. Death can mean simply losing money or being quickly forgotten. A badly performing drama can have its EP count reduced or dropped entirely. Currently, the motto going around the drama industry is “3-EPs.” If a drama doesn’t get good ratings within three episodes it’s unlikely to have a good run later on. Therefore, the lead to the pilot EP is as important as the broadcast itself. Despite all the tricks in the industry, in the end a drama’s job is to entertain its audience. Neilsen Korea measures the popularity of TV shows based on the number of views of related news stories, keyword searches and mentions on social media. :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, swordfish said:

Song Hye Kyo & Park Bo Gum's 'Boyfriend' records tvN's 2nd ever highest viewer ratings for a premiere episode

The first episode of tvN's brand new Wed-Thurs drama 'Boyfriend' took off on a running start on November 28. 

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere episode of 'Boyfriend' starring Song Hye Kyo, Park Bo Gum, and more recorded an average viewership rating of 8.7%, plus a highest viewership rating of 10.1%. This marks the second ever highest viewer rating for the first episode of any tvN drama series; the reigning #1 premiere episode is 'Mister Sunshine' with 8.9%. 

Furthermore, the November 28 episode of 'Boyfriend' recorded the highest viewer ratings of all currently airing Wed-Thurs dramas in its time slot, topping public broadcasting station titles such as 'Red Moon, Blue Sun', 'Feel Good To Die', and 'The Last Empress'. 

Did you catch the first episode of 'Boyfriend', shot in Cuba?

swordfish, thanks for sharing this. It was the highest viewing rate among three dramas aired on the day. There’s so much hype about the pairing and the attention proved fruitful. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi swordfish, I join with you -  In cable dramas, 1% - 5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. We know that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels.  TV ratings are always significant to gauge which programs are more popular for broadcasting companies, advertising companies, and also fans. IDK why SKorea has (2) different ratings. Both companies (AGB Nielson & TNmS) use a research tool called People Meter that is attached to a Receptor. Any person can be included in the research, but families that have a member involved in the broadcasting business in some way are excluded. Now the question is, what makes the ratings have 2~3% differences between the two research companies? I guess the reason for this difference is that TNmS visits the households and includes “guests” that are watching TV into their studies thus increasing the percentage of certain TV Show, while AGB Nielson does not. Because I think these percentage differences would mean a lot for advertising companies or broadcasting companies. I wish we could see identical numbers in the future so as not to create confusion. Otherwise, we see few percentage differences like we do now.  When dramas play the ratings game they win or they die. Death can mean simply losing money or being quickly forgotten. A badly performing drama can have its EP count reduced or dropped entirely. Currently, the motto going around the drama industry is “3-EPs.” If a drama doesn’t get good ratings within three episodes it’s unlikely to have a good run later on. Therefore, the lead to the pilot EP is as important as the broadcast itself. Despite all the tricks in the industry, in the end a drama’s job is to entertain its audience. Neilsen Korea measures the popularity of TV shows based on the number of views of related news stories, keyword searches and mentions on social media. :lol:

1 hour ago, willenette said:

swordfish, thanks for sharing this. It was the highest viewing rate among three dramas aired on the day. There’s so much hype about the pairing and the attention proved fruitful. :lol:

Hi @willenette I myself do not understand the ratings. Especially how the peek ratings is measured, because how would the viewers know which scene is good or not, maybe they turn the volume high? I don't want to be too greedy because 8.7% is already high and it's more than I expected considering the drama prior to this only have 4% (I think) highest ratings. What I don't want is the ratings to go downhill, please no. I just don't want it to be just hype because of the 2 lead stars but a good story that will touch the viewers.

• Like 2

Song Hye-kyo and Park Bo-gum's First "Encounter"

photo1020129.jpg

On the first episode of the tvN cable TV drama "Encounter", Cha Soo-hyeon (Song Hye-kyo) and Kim Jin-hyeok (Park Bo-gum) met for the first time.

Cha Soo-hyeon led an expressionless life. She even had to attend her ex-husband's mother's birthday party and wherever she went, attention followed.

On the other hand, Kim Jin-hyeok was in Cuba, enjoying his holiday. He enjoyed his time with the locals and felt Cuba through its music. He was a lively character.

Cha Soo-hyeon completely engrossed herself into her work after she divorced Jung Woo-seok (Jang Seung-jo) and made her hotel business No.1 in the industry. She went to Cuba for business.

She met Kim Jin-hyeok in Cuba. The driver who was driving her was on the phone when he caused a car accident. Kim Jin-hyeok was a victim of this accident as his camera broke. Cha Soo-hyeon's assistant tried to handle the situation and this is how they first met.

Source : www.osen.co.kr/articl...

Translation : Hancinema

_________________________________________________________________________________

Song Hye Kyo And Park Bo Gum Have Another Fateful Meeting In “Encounter”

8051d960b34f42f8b9e3c67ee82931fc.jpeg?s=

Off to a fantastic start with historic viewership ratings, “Encounter” unveiled preview stills ahead of its second episode.

“Encounter” is a new Wednesday-Thursday drama that tells the love story of Cha Soo Hyun (played by Song Hye Kyo), a woman who was born into privilege but never had the chance to live a life of her own choosing, and Kim Jin Hyuk (played by Park Bo Gum), a cheerful free spirit with a pure and innocent soul. After the two meet through a chance encounter, they find themselves caught up in a heart-wrenching romance that turns both of their lives upside down.

In the released stills, Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum run into each other in the hotel lobby as the CEO and a new employee, respectively. Even though they’re flustered and shocked, they can’t take their eyes off of each other. However, the strange anticipation and tension on their faces create questions about the fate of the two who will have to now face each other as a superior and subordinate.

Encounter5.jpg

The production crew stated, “If the first episode portrayed their first meeting that was like a midsummer dream, episode two airing today [November 29] will officially start their meeting in reality. We ask you to look forward to the encounter between Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk that was not expected in real life and the changes that will take place in the future.”

Spoiler

In episode one, Soo Hyun and Jin Hyuk fatefully met in Cuba. Soo Hyun left the hotel alone to see the sunset of Malecon Beach. Jin Hyuk felt strongly attracted to her looking precarious. They spent a sweet day together, and towards the end of the episode, Jin Hyuk learned that Soo Hyun is the CEO of Dong Hwa Hotel.

The second episode will air on November 29 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Watch the first episode here if you haven’t already:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

Hello Bogummers. How have you been recently? 

99645D4C5BFF2D2126A354

Finally our Bogummy is back and what a mesmerizing comeback it is. This morning I woke up at 5 just to watch Ep1 of Boyfriend before going to work. I have a smile spread on my face and my colleagues are questioning my sanity :P

I don’t have time to write a detailed review now ( will come back during lunch break) but just came here to say The Cuba Episode was enchanting, it definitely was like magic. I wish we could have stayed there longer. The first Encounter was magical in every sense be it from the scenery, reactions of fans, the hype after the airing of the episode and the rating. 

I’m like Jinhyuk waiting for the next episode

giphy.gif

Lots of love to you

DtIY2YkV4AAqgFU?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 5