Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

*** I watched this drama because of Bogum.   :blush:

5 Noona Romances To Watch If You Loved "The Midnight Romance In Hagwon"

20240713024736_Secret-Love-Affair-Encoun

Ahn Pan Seok’s latest noona romance, “The Midnight Romance in Hagwon,” has come to a satisfying end. Although Hye Jin (Jung Ryeo Won) and Joon Ho (Wi Ha Joon) found love despite all hardships, it seems difficult to move on from such a masterpiece so quickly. Hopefully, these five K-dramas will fill the empty space in your heart that Hye Jin and Joon Ho have left.

Encounter

encounter.png

Cha Soo Hyun (Song Hye Kyo), the daughter of a politician, has everything except the right to choose her destiny.

Pushed onto a path of her family’s choice from school to college to even marriage, she has never had any say in her own life. One day, she decides to leave her loveless marriage and embark on a journey to heal herself. That’s when she meets Kim Jin Hyuk (Park Bo Gum), a young, carefree, and kind-hearted man.

Set in Cuba and South Korea, “Encounter” is a love story of two people who have nothing in common yet can’t seem to stay away from each other. The plot is minimal and almost non-existent, but the characters are where this show shines.

Soo Hyun is reserved and doesn’t easily let people in, while Jin Hyuk is patient, making their relationship development endearing, to say the least. Additionally, with a significant portion of the episodes shot in Cuba, the cinematography is a sight for sore eyes.

Check out “Encounter” below:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** On July 13th, Park Bogum appeared on KBS CoolFM's 'Park Myungsoo's Radio Show'. Talking about his upcoming drama with IU, 'When Life Gives You Tangerines', Park Bogum shared, "It will probably be released next year. I also appeared as a guest at IU's first concert during her world tour. I sang and IU's fans welcomed me warmly, which made me feel quite proud." Park Myungsoo asked, "I heard that you got accepted by all the 3 major agencies after sending them a video of you playing the piano?" Park Bogum humbly replied, "I was lucky that SM, JYP, and YG all contacted me. Later, I also received offers from acting agencies. However, I don’t think I could have made it as an idol. I can't dance well; I just have a bit of rhythm."   :heart4:

20240715_044332_185_radio.jpeg

• Like 1

***  In a recent interview with World Biz & Sports World, Park Bo Gum recalled, "Producer Teddy contacted me. He said, 'It would be really fun to work together.' As you know, it's a music company and they have no actor management, so my choice was also a challenge. People who are good at their jobs in various fields have all gathered. Sometimes we have meetings together, and they clearly understand the direction of the content and fan meetings I want to create, and it's fun to upgrade together. I'm still in the stage of learning and growing, but I want to try various things that can create synergy in the future. I have so many things I want to do. Previously, when I read a script and didn't empathize, I worried, 'Can I do well?' but I gained experience in the military and society. I have a sense of challenge as an actor.

I often feel lonely, intense, and tough on the set, but I feel a lot of happiness. Especially when people I've worked with say they want to meet me again, I feel happy. I'm grateful that I can do work that I like and enjoy. But when fellow actors and staff want to work with me again, my happiness doubles. I want to continue to be an actor who is like that. I want to be someone people want to work with."  I very much agree with him - It's always lovely when people you've worked with on a project say they'd love to work with you again, it's very satisfying. I guess Black Label is a powerful agency being put together, big names are presenting to it, perhaps because they're allowed creative freedom and there are no arguments about what the artists want to achieve. So, I guess he has great choice. He should focus on what he really enjoys...  :kaching3:

1721114755-0000682782-002-20240716111308

• Like 1

Park Bo Gum on Why He Joined The Black Label Led by Teddy

20240716507414.jpg

“I wanted to work with new people in a new field,” Park Bo Gum shared with his signature bright smile, explaining his decision to join The Black Label.

Currently signed with The Black Label, Park Bo Gum made a surprising move to the agency led by YG Entertainment’s renowned music producer, Teddy. The agency boasts talents like Big Bang’s Taeyang, Jeon Somi, and recently, BLACKPINK’s Rosé.

By signing Park Bo Gum, The Black Label expands its influence beyond musicians to the acting domain. In a recent interview with Sports World, Park Bo Gum shared, “Teddy reached out to me, saying it would be really fun to work together. Knowing it’s a music-focused company with no actor management, my decision was also a challenge.”

Now, Park is enjoying immense satisfaction with his choice. “Everyone here is top-notch in their fields. We sometimes have meetings together, and they fully understand and upgrade the content I want to create, including fan meetings. I’m still learning and growing, but I want to explore diverse opportunities to create synergy in the future.”

Since his discharge from the Navy Band in 2022, the actor has embraced numerous changes. Beyond changing agencies, he ventured into his first musical, wrote a thesis to complete his graduate studies, and earned the title of

“Actor with Master’s Degree.” He remarked, “There are so many things I want to do now. Previously, when I read scripts, if I couldn’t relate, I worried if I could do well. But my experiences in the military and society have built my confidence and drive as an actor.”

Radiating happiness, he shared, “Although I sometimes feel lonely and struggle on set, I often feel happy. Especially when people I’ve worked with say they want to meet me again, it makes me very happy.” He continued, “Doing work I love and enjoy makes me grateful, and hearing that colleagues and crew want to work with me again doubles that happiness. I want to continue being an actor that people want to work with.”

Park Bo Gum recently connected with fans through the movie Wonderland and is set to star in the upcoming Netflix series When Life Gives You Tangerines.

source : https://www.sportsworldi.com/newsView/20240716507418

• Like 1

*** 'My Name is Gabriel' is the new JTBC variety show that features Park Myung Soo, Park Bo Gum, Ji Chang Wook, Yeon Hye Ran, Dex, and Gabee as they experience the lives of other people all over the world, people who do not know who they are. Sigh..... that viewership rating for the new variety show has hit a series low. The show premiered on June 21st, however, the July 19th episode marked the lowest viewership rating of 0.897%. It's also on Disney+. I like it. It was refreshing to see them living someone else's life. I did enjoy the moments of interaction they had with people they meet. The concept is refreshing. Was it lack of promotion? I haven't seen so much about this show. Honestly, I watched this show only for Park Bogum and Ji Chang Wook.  This show even changed its timeslot it shared with Jinny’s Kitchen 2".

Jinny's Kitchen 2 is almost 10% ratings. My Name is Gabriel is also enjoyable to watch. The only part I didn't like was they dragged the scenes of the singing choir of Bogum a bit too much.    :heart2:

1721444558-zukssb.jpg

• Sad 1

Beyond borders: 10 K-dramas taking viewers around the world

Korean dramas are known for their meticulous attention to detail, from casting to captivating storylines. This dedication extends to filming locations, with productions often venturing beyond South Korea to find breathtaking backdrops that enhance both the narrative and visuals. These overseas locations not only immerse viewers in the beauty of foreign cultures but also eliminate the need for green screens, showcasing real, stunning sceneries.

Grab your passport and pack your bags as we explore some K-dramas filmed outside of their home country.

Encounter (2018)

Starring: Song Hye-kyo, Park Bo-gum

In “Encounter,” Song Hye-kyo plays Cha Soo-hyun, a divorcee who flies to Cuba and meets the free-spirited Kim Jin-hyuk (Park Bo-gum). Later, it is revealed that he is an employee at a hotel that Soo-hyun receives as alimony.

As Soo-hyun and Jin-hyu’s  fateful encounter unfolds in Cuba, they explore Havana’s Malecón beach and the historic Hotel Nacional de Cuba.

credit : ABS-CBN News

• Like 1

*** It's been (9) years since Reply 1988,... Time flies so fast indeed! I only watched 1988 because of Bogum. 1988 was  good, but  it was a bit draggy sometimes.   :kitty:

Nostalgic Dramas: Delve into every ‘Reply’ series from 1988 to 1997

1721665055-089c456d0063a27e5683b57f67a8c

"Reply" is a treasured South Korean anthology series produced by tvN and CJ E&M. It consists of three installments of nostalgic dramas with heartfelt storytelling, authentic portrayals of the past, and unforgettable characters. Each installment, "Reply 1997," "Reply 1994," and "Reply 1988," takes viewers on a journey through different eras, blending humor, romance, friendship, and family dynamics, resonating deeply with those who grew up during the late 80s and 90s and evoking nostalgia.

Let’s delve into all the “Reply” series, a nostalgic gem that beautifully captures life in South Korea during the 1980s and 1990s.

REPLY 1988

“Reply 1988,” the series’ final installment that aired in 2015, is the most successful chapter of the series. One of the highest-rated dramas in Korean cable television history, “Reply 1988,” is widely regarded as the most emotionally rich of the trilogy and is a poignant homage to simpler times. Set in the late 1980s, it chronicles the lives of five families living in a small neighborhood of Ssangmundong, Seoul. The drama is more than just about the main characters friendships, romances, and struggles; it also offers a touching portrayal of family and community life during the late 1980s.

The "Reply" series is a cultural phenomenon that has left an indelible mark on K-drama realm. Each instalment captures the essence of a particular era and tells universal stories of love, friendship, and family, cementing the "Reply" series as a timeless classic.

source : https://www.allkpop.com/article/2024/07/nostalgic-dramas-delve-into-every-reply-series-from-1988-to-1997

• Like 1

Community Bonds: K-drama Neighborhoods that are One Big Family

1721404309-20240719-211902.jpg

K-dramas depicting neighborhoods as one big family offer us a sense of comfort and warmth. These series uniquely capture the essence of community, portraying neighborhoods where everyone knows and helps each other. Whether set in the nostalgic past or the vibrant present, these dramas remind us of the importance of human connection and mutual support.

Let’s delve into five hit K-dramas with neighborhoods that are like one big family, providing a comforting reminder of the strength and warmth of a close-knit community.

REPLY 1988

"Reply 1988" is a super hit K-drama that beautifully portrays the warmth of neighborhood bonds. Set in the late 1980s, the drama revolves around five families living in Ssangmundong, Seoul. From sharing meals to always being present for each other in times of need, the neighbors are like an extended family. The show captures the nostalgia of a simpler time when neighbors were like family, and every household contributed to a collective sense of belonging.

source : allkpop

• Like 1

10 healing K-dramas to soothe your soul when you need to escape and heal

Have a look at these 10 healing K-dramas and let these beautiful tales of love, friendship, and nostalgia uplift your spirit and assuage your soul.

In a world that often rushes by in a blur of responsibilities and chaos, finding moments of solace is essential, and when it comes to solace, K-dramas have a way of providing us with the same in a way that soothes our spirit and warms our heart.

Within the vibrant world of K-dramas lies a sanctuary, an escape from a tiresome reality. These ten K-dramas are not just simple stories, they are heartwarming journeys filled with love, laughter, and important life lessons. 

Whether you're seeking comfort, an escape, or simply a reminder to find beauty in life's ordinary moments, these dramas promise to give you the same and enwrap you with a tender embrace to heal your soul from within.

Each of these K-dramas offers sanctuary for the soul, an escape from the clamor of everyday life. Whether it's the picturesque landscapes of seaside villages, or the moments of self-discovery and healing, these dramas make themselves perfect for those seeking to heal their souls and find comfort amidst the chaos.

3. Reply 1988 (2015)

There is no other drama that wraps around a comforting blanket of nostalgia around you quite like Reply 1988 does.

This drama follows the tale of five families in a close-knit neighborhood. It is an ode to simpler times, when everyday life wasn’t wrapped around an electronic screen, when the smell of home-cooked meals and the laughter of children playing in the streets filled the air. 

This drama explores lasting connections and treasured memories that go beyond time, rekindling a heartfelt connection to our own past through the perspectives of youth, friendship, and family.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-healing-k-dramas-to-soothe-your-soul-hometown-cha-cha-cha-welcome-to-samdalri-and-more-1331313

• Like 1