[Drama 2015] ━╃ Kill Me, Heal Me 킬미, 힐미 ╄━

Maetawinz

Guest rintintintin

WAAAAHHHHH! Those poster pictures of this drama.... It's so nice is it? Well, I can't wait for this drama and was it true that 2 episodes back to back? I want to joined the fun gals but I had work huhuhu! :(

I can't wait to see yummy Ji sung on this drama same as HJE hihihi!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest IguanaSoap

photo546880.jpg

[HanCinema's Drama Preview] "Kill Me, Heal Me"

Do you remember the good "old" days when a simple painful past or angst-producing trauma used to be enough to satisfy the "man-pain" quota in series? Well say goodbye to that this season, because one man's pain cannot compare to that of several, especially when conveniently packed for easy consumption. 'Kill Me, Heal Me' is another in the recent line or mental disorder dramas and it has a pretty ambitious story with a lot going on.

Premise

Cha Do-hyeon (Ji Seong) is a man suffering from dissociative identity disorder, otherwise known as multiple personality disorder. Struggling with seven other selves, he is secretly treated by Oh Ri-jin (Hwang Jeong-eum), a first year resident of psychiatry suffering from bipolar disorder.

The Worrying

Teaser Screen 1Teaser Screen 2

Casting Troubles

Dramas often go through many casting changes before landing their leads, but it is never a pleasant process, especially when it happens one too many times and with a lot of real life drama. 'Kill Me, Heal Me' had quite the casting problem for a while. Given it has very little time to work with and one pretty demanding premise to explore through a very unfavorable for quality system, it will need nothing short of a miracle to really impress.

Convoluted Premise

Handling a man with seven personalities would not be easy on any writer or actor. Handling two main characters with disorders at the same time is even harder. Add a not blood related twin brother who has a crush on his sister and will be the rival to the male lead for her affections and you have one mess of a premise. Finish it off with casting delays and the Korean drama filming system and you get very little to feel hopeful about.

The Reassuring

Teaser Screen 3  Teaser Screen 4

Main Couple Chemistry

Ji Seong and Hwang Jeong-eum's chemistry in the drama "Secrets" has been noted by many. Having worked together means they already have a rapport and a feel for each other's way of work. This is always a good thing for pairings, even though not necessarily something which will repeat itself, since not everything depends on the actors. It is however an encouraging sign for the main couple.

Entertainment Value

Perhaps it is mean to say that even if this fails miserably, it will at least likely be entertaining, but it is true of such outrageous plots, that they are far less likely to be boring. Even if not presented in a very interesting manner, there is so much going on that it would take pretty big lack of skill to drive viewers away from such an amalgamation of odd elements. If the series is at least self-aware, it might even be intentionally light in its approach of its own tropes.

Final Thoughts

Some shows make it really difficult to see solid potential in and at the moment, 'Kill Me, Heal Me' has more worrying things about it than reassuring. It frankly looks like a wreck waiting to happen, but in an industry which sometimes manages to make the simplest of plots ridiculous and the most silly-sounding ones good, everything is possible.

'Kill Me, Heal Me' begins its run on January 7th and will air every Wednesday and Thursday at 21:55, on MBC.

[hancinema]

Guest IguanaSoap

strung2.jpg

Kill Me Heal Me Releases Warm Inviting Drama Posters and Additional Interesting Stills

"Maybe I’m in a particularly easygoing mood lately, how else to explain why I’m crazy affectionate towards all the promos for Kill Me Heal Me. It’s got that combination of pretty and interesting without trying too hard. All signs pointed to this drama needing to reach high for it’s wild premise of a leading man with 7 different personalities, yet the promos are anything but extreme. The official dramas posters are out and both versions immediately invoke a warm, sweet weekend drama vibe. The poster on top especially resembles an older Hwang Jung Eum drama Can You Hear My Heart.

I like the drama going this route to upend the intense emotional and psychological nature of the story. Ji Sung plays his male lead with such tortured charisma already in the previews, its an early sigh of relief to see him looking quietly content in the poster. Park Seo Joon plays Hwang Jung Eum’s twin-not-really-a-twin and the poster hints that he’ll be the one left alone as Hwang Jung Eum leans back into Ji Sung while Park Seo Joon looks wistfully in the other direction. The drama also released more stills including the first look at antagonist Oh Min Seok, popular Kim Seul Gi doing a cameo, and Ji Sung getting physically tormented by unknown assailants."

-Koala Playground-

Good morning @everyone!

@IguanaSoap @Louise90 @uglypearl @se17 thank you for all the juicy posters and articles!! Woah....woah 2 episodes back to back?!! Yaaahooo...I can't wait!! 2 more days to go.......KMHL and team fighting!!

Guest IguanaSoap

Ji Sung Reveals Adorable Name for His Unborn Baby

Ji Sung Reveals Adorable Name for His Unborn Baby

Actor Ji Sung revealed the name that he and his wife, Lee Bo Young, have picked out for their unborn baby.

On the January 4 episode of “Section TV Entertainment Relay,” Ji Sung was interviewed for his work on the new drama “Kill Me Heal Me.” In the interview, he said, “I hope our Bo Bae is born quickly and comes to our side.”

When asked whether Bo Bae was the name that the couple had picked out for the baby, Ji Sung explained, “It’s Bo Bae. Kwak Bo Bae. My real name is Kwak Tae Geun and so Kwak Bo Bae means ‘Kwak Tae Geun and Lee Bo Young’s Baby.’” He then emphasized that the ‘Bae’ in the name is spelled to stand for ‘baby’ as opposed to the Korean word for ‘treasure,’ which is pronounced in a similar way.

Afterwards, Ji Sung promised, “As a dad, I will show you more mature sides of me.” (soompi)

Archived