[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest dawnshine

Koshicha said: There is an unwritten rule in Korean historicals that one must not change the history.

if SY ends up with WS and has children, her progeny, and not the bastard Wang Soon(Hyunjong), becomes the king. That drastically changes history and delegitmize Hyunjong, who was responsible for Koryo s survival for the next 400 years.

The people who made this drama could not take it.

Yes I was hoping even though SY not as Queen .. mistress ok lah.. outside of palace. ... she still running her trading company.. the one that make me heartbroken is that old wang so expressions.. looks like he's not meet with SY in thousand years.. , It's better again.. that old wang so meet with Shin Yool at garden... aigoo... If you afraid with unwritten rule of Korean history, there are many win-win option for writer, but why why why... PD-nim
Tips for us :: Maybe we need cut the beginning of episode 1 = the child part, and cut the child part again at episode 24 ... so in the isn't it become happy story..  duhhhh.. writer nimm why you did this.. T_T

by the way.. maybe it's the only way the story must happened.. because how can If Shin Yool ended with Wang So , but during his reign.. he is famous with killing noble clan.. they want to keep the Wang So image , only with Shin Yool there is love and peace, while not He's different.. and he is crazy mad King..  and they are not extended the story.. like we all know.. if they continue, Shin Yool must be suffered stay with mad king.. aigoo...

Just realize that it is tough to be a writer for this kind of drama!
Viewers have spent a few months investing time and emotion on 24 episodes of the story of Wang So and Shin Yool ( who is fictional from the beginning ) just to end up with the historical fact that can't be re-created or compromised.
Well, this drama has been more on the fictional side rather than history since Ep. 1. It's rather fair to say that imagination should be allowed to full swing even if it means to alter the name of the kings, queeens, princes, princesses even the era.
The truly historical stories that stick to the actual facts are a different topic. They don't start with a prophet talking about a cursed prince who will meet his shining star later.
Time for writers of this type of fictional drama based on a piece of history to give more consideration into their plots. And the producers too!

And what about this talk of the northern-star-energy-born princess who will be the cursed prince's guiding light??
Hope the sub will say something to tie that at the end so we see some connection to the title of the drama, no?

Guest dawnshine

SMP567 said:
Just realize that it is tough to be a writer for this kind of drama!
Viewers have spent a few months investing time and emotion on 24 episodes of the story of Wang So and Shin Yool ( who is fictional from the beginning ) just to end up with the historical fact that can't be re-created or compromised.
Well, this drama has been more on the fictional side rather than history since Ep. 1. It's rather fair to say that imagination should be allowed to full swing even if it means to alter the name of the kings, queeens, princes, princesses even the era.
The truly historical stories that stick to the actual facts are a different topic. They don't start with a prophet talking about a cursed prince who will meet his shining star later.
Time for writers of this type of fictional drama based on a piece of history to give more consideration into their plots. And the producers too!

On a happier note...I shall console myself with this scene and imagine dusting away the unsatisfying ending...just magic dust it all away and instead have a big smile on my face as I imagine my own perfect ending for WS and SY!!wang-wook-bowl.jpg?w=656&h=164wang-wook-shin-yool.jpg?w=656&h=164

vlcsnap-2015-04-07-15h28m40s184.png?w=65
vlcsnap-2015-04-07-15h48m58s90.png?w=656

In historicals some liberties can be taken.

But no Tudor historical can say Elizabeth I had a child since the child, not James I of the Stuarts, would be the monarch.

Western audience can take it better since they know it is fiction. But not korean audiences.

i'll wait for the subbed version before i rant...there might be something there to hold on to. :D
so with that ending? the actors shone and the fans went crazy? lol...but @gumi said that's not the script's ending? so the editing became the problem? or is there an episode 25 next week? lol 

@Koshicha but korean audiences pissed off like us too ... their anger flooded at MBC official site..
because from the very first episode they treat us without limitation of historical thingy.. they feed us with OTP thingy.. and even wrote in the first every episode that this series was fictional story..

Guest dawnshine

Koshicha said: In historicals some liberties can be taken.

But no Tudor historical can say Elizabeth I had a child since the child, not James I of the Stuarts, would be the monarch.

Western audience can take it better since they know it is fiction. But not korean audiences.

najummah

said:

On a happier note...I shall console myself with this scene and imagine dusting away the unsatisfying ending...just magic dust it all away and instead have a big smile on my face as I imagine my own perfect ending for WS and SY!!

'Shine or Go Crazy' Oh Yeon-seo goes on her own journey

photo582059.jpg

Sin Yul told Wang So she would leave to the western world.

On the final episode of MBC's Monday & Tuesday drama, 'Shine or Go Crazy', after the two declared love for each other, Sin Yul (Oh Yeon-seo) told Wang So (Jang Hyeok) she would leave to pursue her dream.

Sin Yul told her employees she would leave to the western world. Sin Yul said, "I'd like to meet new people and start trading in new ways". The people said, "Even prince Wang So would not be able to stop her".

Sin Yul later met Wang So and told him, "The person you should hold is not me, but all of your people out there". Wang So in surprise said, "What are you trying to say". Sin Yul responded, "I'm saying I'm going to leave you".

Sin Yul told him "As you dream on new Goryeo and new world, I myself want to pursue new dream". She was determined.

Wang So said, "If you love, don't you have to look at the same road and walk together" However, Sin Yul said, "There can be more than one road. One road can turn into two ways and the two ways become parallel and also can meet as one later".

Sin Yul finally left Goryeo embracing her sorrowful heart.

© hancinema