[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

There is the first Prince who ruled for two years in 943-945 and the third Emperor who rules after the time jump.  Historically Wang So was lucky with two older brothers having short reigns.  The time jump is smart and not confuse us.  Goes from first emperor to the third emperor. 

I wonder if the powerful nobles choose which Prince became king since there is no Crown Prince ala Joseon era where there is order of first born son.

I believe there still is the concept of Crown Prince and first born son being the successor. The drama did mention the existence of crown prince, saying 'what would happen after the emperor passes away?' 'Well wont crown prince wang mu get the throne?' So the oldest son at that moment was the crown prince and he became the emperor. The concept could have been weaker than in Chosun, im not super sure but that is the impression. But even in Goryeo, first born was typically the successor. (And I believe in Chosun there were many attempts successful and nonsuccessful to make non-first born to be a successor as well)

but Wang Yo soon becomes the new emperor and..that puts Wang So next in line for throne among Wang Gun's sons. Wang So was the 4th son, one of his older bro died young (of poisoned cookie in this drama) so he is 3rd oldest son, and his 2 older bros all became emperors. So at that 5 years after time, Wang So is existing oldest non-emperor Wang Gun's son, current emperors oldest younger brother. That puts him second in the line to the throne, I believe, next to Wang Yo's first son. And since Wang Yo's child would be super young, at that moment Wang So is the most natural and probable candidate.

which is prob why WS would get in the way of the villains.

Guest chajoowon

@gumi  i meant Crown Prince isnt as strong position, leading to becoming the next king for sure. These was more ancient, more violent time, different culture than Joseon times.  I mean its not unrealistic for Yeo Won to want her other brother who is younger than Wang So to become King.  At this time you could decide who became King without being the oldest.  
Even without the prophecy Wang So needs alot of political help to become next King, survive the enemies.

Wow there're actually a lot of history, i've only watched saeguk during Joseon era so i never know about this goryeo. 
I wonder if WS will take SY into the palace because they actually are married.  I watched Dongyi and spending the night with the king is a big deal and even more WS-SY are actually married. shine137_zpsd3fae070.jpg

People are praising at how the pd uses the helicam and CG , but they are complaining about the dark scene which sometimes are a bit too dark.

haymochi said: Wow there're actually a lot of history, i've only watched saeguk during Joseon era so i never know about this goryeo. 
I wonder if WS will take SY into the palace because they actually are married.  I watched Dongyi and spending the night with the king is a big deal and even more WS-SY are actually married. 
please don't quote images
 People are praising at how the pd uses the helicam and CG , but they are complaining about the dark scene which sometimes are a bit too dark.

Hmm.. I'm just wondering how will the story goes.  Will it continue to be a loveless marriage for queen?she may team up with her brother to gain the king position against Shinyool and WangSo. Or will she eventually fall in love with WS and just be antagonistic towards ShinYool....,
the preview for ep 3 is out (Janghyuk is looking super handsome ). . ShinYool will def meet WS without knowing that he is the prince . Poor girl    :(http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/soc/preview/

Guest chajoowon

My question is why Shin Yool is dress as a man

Must be undercover work thing, didnt look like she was in respectable place for a lady. I just hope Wang So knows its her fast. They actually know the other ones name. Dont let poor Shinyool be lost in the fantasy that he is man she can keep easily because they are in same social class.

haymochi said: Wow there're actually a lot of history, i've only watched saeguk during Joseon era so i never know about this goryeo. 
I wonder if WS will take SY into the palace because they actually are married.  I watched Dongyi and spending the night with the king is a big deal and even more WS-SY are actually married. 

lclarakl said: haymochi said: Wow there're actually a lot of history, i've only watched saeguk during Joseon era so i never know about this goryeo.