sugarplum892

946089581.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 班淑傳奇  Bān Shū Chuán Qí
English title:  Ban Shu Legend
Genre: Drama, Historical, Political, Romance

Episodes: 42

Producers: Yu Zhen & Jing Tian

Directors: Xu Hui Kang, Zhu Rui Bin (Legend of Chusen 诛仙·青云志 Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜)

Scriptwriter: Zhāng Wēiwēi

Broadcast Period: October 16, 2015

Cast:

Jing Tian - Ban Shu

Zhang Zhe Han - Wei Ying

Fu Xin Bo - Huo Heng

Li Sheng - Empress Deng Sui

Zang Hong Na - Yin Xiu

Deng Sha - Yao Juan

Yang Ming Na - Ban Zhao

Zhang Meng - Yue Jin

Lu Hong - Yang Zhen

Qian Yong Chen - Ban Chao

Merat - Kou Feng

Synopsis:

The story tells of the niece of the first female prime minister Ban Zhao. The titular Ban Shu earns her way up to become a teacher at the Royal Female Academy formed by the Empress Deng Wei. However, her job in the court becomes much harder when conspiracies begin to take place, as a result she decides to leave the court to spread the Han culture.

Watch it here with English subtitles! 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

English Subbed Preview:

https://youtu.be/dPUIMYFSMMc

OSTs:

Sally - Sweetheart

https://youtu.be/jbL1V272y08

Additional Links:

Ban Shu Legend 班淑傳奇 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Ban Shu Legend 班淑傳奇 Raw Episodes

Ban Shu Legend 班淑傳奇 Weibo Page

Legend of Chusen 诛仙·青云志 Official Drama Thread

Heavy Sweetness Ash-like Frost 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 Official Drama Thread

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@carmolita Although it's dubbed as a sequel....I wouldn't say it is. For one, the female heroine in Ban Shu is no where near as good as Lu Zhen. At most, I'd say it's like a younger sibling story rather than sequel. Lu Zhen is definitely the better drama. 

In comparing both...the male leads are annoying. At least in Lu Zhen we had the General and the Emperor who were at least half decent. There's basically no decent guy in Ban Shu. They're all....idiots, to put it nicely. Then again, that's just my thinking.

Agree with IMOmusings about the male leads' characters :)) no one is decent in this drama, but it's very nice in general. Personally, I like the story in Ban Shu better than Lu Zhen, more meaningful (because it is about educating). Actors played well. Also, the ending was much happier. Lu Zhen's ending was  too tough  (for me). After watching many dramas with sad or open endings, Ban Shu was a fresh air for me :) recommend this drama :)

Archived