[Drama 2014- 2015] FAMILY SECRETS 가족의 비밀 TVN 9:40 KST

valsava

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think her brother In-law cut the break line on her car it was intention to kill because he would never be able to take over the company or advance in his job with and heir to around carrying the family bloodline.. Get rid of the only heir and he can work on kicking TS out of the company so that his wife son can come in and them he van be some bug shot..

I see we have at lot of episodes to go before Jy starts to give it back to these selfish people and god knows I hope she starts telling that MIL off and for once can we get a DIl that's not afraid to slap her MIL back she can't put her out because technically it's her husband house if mommy dearest don't like it get the steppin  Jy husband is the heir to everything..

FS Ep 3 screencaps and brief recap...
Still in flashback from when Jung Yeon arrives at the kidnapper's instructed location in a deserted house, where she answered the ringing phone inside and a muffled kidnapper's voice told her 'she will not be able to see her daughter again forever'...
Ep 2 ended with ...Jung Yeon picking up a black box with a steel bracelet inside. It was a gift from her first love Joon Hyuk, who promptly makes his appearance in ep 3 from the get-go, as a detective chasing his 'suspect'.
gWD4MBo.jpg

Ep 3 begins...WtOB9lW.jpg
WrmKFqs.jpg
M4UOaOl.jpg
JH: Stand still! Stand still!
8TpvkhV.jpg
JH: Dong Ba, you're dead if I catch you today!
NvhCRR7.jpg
o6iamT4.jpg
5AAUzoS.jpg

Cousins Eun Byeol, Kang Chan and Yoo Ri go clubbing the night before the engagement ceremony. Eun Byeol is seen kissing with 'the mystery guy she loves'. Kang Chan comes out of the restroom and sees the kissing couple. He records it on his cell phone. When Yoo Ri comes looking for Eun Byeol, Kang Chan distracts her from seeing what he saw and brings her outside for some fresh air instead. 
Hmm...where is Tae Ran's husband, Kang Chan's father? What happened to him? And still very curious who this 'mystery lover is'. Since he is not listed in the synopsis, perhaps he will just be a 'shadow of reference' or a 'cameo'?
nxNs64T.jpg
qhlHTpH.jpg
Cousins listening to the singer on stage (Text of song lyrics: I will remember the day you left) - A foreshadowing?!) 
ILbcE1G.jpg
SryelkH.jpg
qSTtDKM.jpg
m50heZD.jpg
OfIUeJz.jpg
YXQLE3G.jpg
YR: Kang Chan, did you see Eun Byeol?
v3bAhlb.jpg
YR: She didn't say a word and just disappears!

Eun Byeol leaves the clubbing place and goes to Han River. There, she recollects her moments with her lover earlier...Also there drinking by the river is Joon Hyuk, who sees Eun Byeol standing by the river. At this point, they don't know each other's identity.
0Bbrcs7.jpg
G6phGmU.jpg
UZDSzaK.jpg
7dHoWii.jpg
RSkRCTK.jpg
EB: Love is just like a beggar
f4DFbdF.jpg
EB: If love is really like that...
lPRbcUj.jpg
EB: It's better that I just go ahead with the engagement...
bXKLgWd.jpg
EB: Or should I not get engaged?
AkkGYKp.jpg
1Q33nOQ.jpg
EB: Fool!
MeoF5qb.jpg
lCXbgXU.jpg
VzHR6XI.jpg
FIVpNei.jpg

Joon Hyuk drinking by the river, thinking back (and missing?) to his days with his first love Jung Yeon. He looks at a similar steel bracelet with engravings, like the one Jung Yeon picks up at the end of ep 2. Were these their 'couple bracelets'?
bWU4ydV.jpg
d7NMtRp.jpg
miXjQsx.jpg
gcR3opG.jpg
BF5XxMy.jpg

Eun Byeol goes home and sees her mom sleeping, slumping on her craft table. With sadness, Eun Byeol recollects her conversation with halmoni when she pleads with her to cancel her engagement. Halmoni agrees, but gives her an ultimatum that's just too cruel. That's just coercion to the max, with no option to think about.
Finally, the revelation of the steep price that Eun Byeol has to pay if she wants to get out of the engagement. 
giHWG3b.jpg
cB6GVNt.jpg
8Yk8PM2.jpg
JR: You need to pay a price (if you want to cancel the engagement)
9LUM75S.jpg
JR: You need to pay a price

CytORSg.jpg
JR: Eun Byeol you...
oQrM4M8.jpg
JR: Need to give up your heirship and status in the Jin Wang family  
qM1sa7h.jpg
EB: That's no problem
e2llBtw.jpg
EB: After all, I am not interested in business
ZUWShDD.jpg
JR: You also need to give up your status as my eldest grand-daughter
6YHYAKQ.jpg
EB: Halmoni and I will become strangers?
WbuuMva.jpg
JR: You also need to cut off your relations with your dad
W0fNJVI.jpg
JR: Lastly, your mom Jung Yeon will be abandoned by Jin Wang family
YgtenNF.jpg
TQAyydJ.jpg
oiRcERf.jpg
ElDezzi.jpg

Eun Byeol leaves the house taking along the gown her mom made for her, and with a heavy heart, she is still deciding what to do about the engagement ceremony tomorrow. Eun Byeol goes to the street stall where she last went with her mom. She stands there looking at the empty chairs and table, and thinks back to the good times she spent with her mom, to her discovery of dad's affair, to her promise to make her mom happy...
I think her decision is:

Her mom's happiness comes first. That's why she shows up at the engagement ceremony the next day. But then, either she has cold feet at the eleventh hour and disappears from the scene, or she somehow gets kidnapped. 

jUjjhSq.jpg
X1LaC81.jpg
HIKyMWl.jpg
LLimPzY.jpg
hWcY2PC.jpg
7HYRHRN.jpg
n2vjIN5.jpg
OeHLSIW.jpg
DvO27LJ.jpg
lvtdk89.jpg
xBxNzIt.jpg
JvUUQzs.jpg
XCjCoph.jpg
CJgvGVw.jpg
fjmPy8D.jpg

I just skimmed the last four episodes... And from what @jadecloud put up with the screen shots if EB gave up everything that also means they will abandon her mother correct?

If she stayed for the engagement and then wedding then her mother would be safe to continue on in that family. Frankly they are a nest of vipers and I would not want my mother to stay with them after all she has been through and finding out that her own father is cheating on her mother. Her Halmoni not only dislikes her but her mother. That is a shame. (karma has a way of making people pay though) I would chuck it and take my mother away from there her mother seems sweet and kind and not to mention talented with making clothing. She could start up anything she wanted and be successful. I would also make sure my dad paid my mom a stiff price in the divorce and leave with her away from that poisonous family.

I think she prolly decided to forget her own happiness and go to the engagement but someone stopped her and took her. She did not look hurt when whoever gave her the drink.(Little do they know all they had to do is persuade her to take her Halmoni's offer and the line to inherit would be shorter no kidnapping needed.  I hope she stays that way.

So the preview shows that someone records JY's hubby going to see his mistress. I guess he was going to pay her off and break up with her and she slapped him and tore up what he gave her either money or a document. Looks like she is pissed and sends pictures to JY (is the short haired lady her SIL who hates her and is the one sleeping with her hubby?) and JY goes in and slaps him knowing he is cheating on her.

Is he a wuss or something his wife is taking that type of abuse from his mother and has he not done anything? This drama is a roller coaster ride right from the start!!!

@jadecloud thanks again for all you are doing in keeping us with clips and information.. you are appreciated.

@LdyGmerm,  How you liking it so far..

My guess is Halmoni is going to throw her mom out anyway none of her kids are there and she will get what she wants out of EB anyway All Halmoni is worried about and wanting from EB is to have something where her and mom is cut out of dads life period she wants it all and if they do what she ask of them she will have TS killed..     

At the engagement ceremony venue, reporters gather to cover the sudden engagement of young heir to Jin Wang fortune, Eun Byeol. 

pikoNjf.jpg
fLVaW1R.jpg
Reporter: Perhaps there's a reason for getting your grand-daughter engaged so hurriedly?
1iMoeNc.jpg
Reporter: Chairman Jin, please say a word
br6uODo.jpg
NobJ6Gf.jpg
JR: Chun Hyang was only 16 years old when she started her romance with Lee Mong Ryong
IKUA3JK.jpg
JR: I was only 20 years old when I gave birth to my eldest child
pIU2RU6.jpg
(JR's eldest child - Go Tae Hee)
fKtcmaX.jpg
kvtqy2L.jpg
Reporter: Rep Go Tae Sung and Go Tae Hee 
Lrw8AJD.jpg
Reporter: They both became family with common families 
rRFQefc.jpg
nxCcpUT.jpg
Reporter: It can't be that you are trying to reset your family connection
xABy3i6.jpg
hZbhXXR.jpg
Reporter: That prompts you to hurriedly get young Go Eun Byeol engaged?
Acv3HKK.jpg
JR: Thank you everyone for your interest in the activities of our simple family 
fiLD3Hx.jpg
JR: But we would like to quietly proceed
mZmH3Ra.jpg
JR: Since you are all here
qTf9hZK.jpg
JR: Do go to the hotels western or chinese restaurant
mEc2vaU.jpg
JR: Slowly enjoy your meal first and then leave
G1vtT4z.jpg
JR: Chef's skill is not too bad (JR turns around to walk on...)
IiWcQi2.jpg
H36nk1h.jpg
Reporter: Chairman please say another word
uzp87YO.jpg
(JR getting annoyed with the reporters as she walks away)
rssjrZr.jpg

Before the engagement ceremony, Jung Yeon goes to check on her daughter in the make-up room. Eun Byeol gets emotional and cries. The last person she wants to see then is adulteress Hong Joo, but she shows up to congratulate Jung Yeon and gives her a bouquet of flowers. Jung Yeon receives a call from Tae Sung and takes a leave. Before leaving, she gives Eun Byeol the flowers, but hating Hong Joo for what she's doing to hurt her mom and her, she dumps the flowers.
That's the last loving moment for Jung Yeon and Eun Byeol, the last time mother and daughter are in the same room, together. Aish :( Love the beautiful hanbok.
srvPGAH.jpg
geETwkq.jpg
JY: Whose daughter is so beautiful?

KWJUUHA.jpg
ib2uAvH.jpg
EB: (Gets emotional) Mom
ajtwcDr.jpg
JY: Still need coddling...
BTjto0Q.jpg
JY: You're crying...you're still a child
JRR27bx.jpg
OR4M7VT.jpg
qyL5G44.jpg
HJ: Congrats to you madam gallery manager
0nisv6Z.jpg
JY: The gown you are wearing today is from Hong Joo
niIMscn.jpg
tjOjCa4.jpg
JY: Hello, I will be done once Eun Byeol's hair is done
EaKEQiD.jpg
JY: I will leave first
u8VCuNv.jpg
EB: I want to leave too
KgUixZQ.jpg
JY: Here...this gift of flowers is more appropriate for you
QrAdDlk.jpg
PT2lAm1.jpg
EB: I love you (mom)
VF6EMIf.jpg
JY: Mom loves you too
yuxCDaW.jpg
JY: Be sure to come on time
hnbxLqv.jpg
HxEhi9Y.jpg

Jung Yeon's dongsaeng, Jung Hoon, makes his appearance at the engagement ceremony. 
What? Why is Jung Yeon's dad not invited? Is there some bad blood going on between both Go and Han families? At this time, Jung Yeon is still too timid and respectful of MIL or she will insist on not leaving her dad out of the engagement ceremony.

HU2Ew7J.jpg
JH: Since you became the gallery manager, I haven't been able to congratulate you
UGrJOUc.jpg
JH: Together with this engagement, I'd like to congratulate you
ERVvmtQ.jpg
JY: Is dad disappointed that I couldn't invite him today?
OZhrMWD.jpg
TR: Sis-in-law
uZ9jzK9.jpg
TH: Sis-in-law, you should be the one waiting for everyone here
gpzT1eF.jpg
TH: Do I have to teach you what to do?
T9liprh.jpg
(Plaque reads: Congratulations to the engagement of Mr. Seo Min Hoo and Ms. Go Eun Byeol)
awJRbU1.jpg
AHwBuKO.jpg
(Director pans to an empty chair...foreshadowing Eun Byeol's no show? her disappearance?!)

Before the engagement ceremony, still waiting for Eun Byeol to show up...Hong Joo threatens to expose her affair with Tae Sung, unless he announces to everyone, to the whole world that she Hong Joo is his woman. Hong Joo says since Eun Byeol already knows, there is no point to hide further. At that, Tae Sung says they have to stop.  Hong Joo gets angry...m/w Jung Yeon goes looking for Tae Sung, she trips and fell down the stairway, one level above where Tae Sung and Hong Joo are talking. But neither did she hear a thing, nor see them talking. 
Cleverly edited preview to Ep 3, which gives a false impression that Jung Yeon heard and saw the cheaters. 

wGAh461.jpg
Ss5eViB.jpg
JY; (EB) Should be here soon (TS receives a text message from HJ)
bhevPaQ.jpg
(Text: An emergency)
PuKXbZ4.jpg
(Text: Come out now, or should I go there)
ZT5xewy.jpg
(Text: If the latter, that will be meaningful)

40niSEr.jpg
HJ: I heard you've seen Eun Byeol
x0NYonD.jpg
TS: What are you talking about?
3701x5S.jpg
HJ: (She saw us) In a compromising, obviously making out state
jaMdoPm.jpg
HJ: She saw everything already
gdancl1.jpg
zVQZRVz.jpg
HJ: I have been living the life of your kept woman for 3 years
4HB3cFT.jpg
HJ: I don't want to live this way any longer
KBpBGR9.jpg
HJ: I will immediately tell
5NMuiri.jpg
HJ: Your mom and your wife
YxgEXhv.jpg
HJ: And everyone in the world
C4oxFQ6.jpg
HJ: Whose woman I belong to
3YhVKdU.jpg
TS: We'd better stop
GFQYdOX.jpg
TS: Since Eun Byeol knows about it already
h3mTQRm.jpg
TS: I can not continue with this relationship with you
0XafajO.jpg
HJ: You want to stop?
GykEYGT.jpg
(At that moment, Jung Yeon trips and falls)
IvOw7MC.jpg
JLzxB6q.jpg
JY: (TS checks on the loud noise and sees JY) But, what are you doing downstairs?
UpEpeEs.jpg
TS: I was making a call
KATSEGg.jpg
JY: Mom is looking for you (HJ still standing on the lower level, listening to TS and JY)
dhkZpIR.jpg
JY: Eun Byeol should be here soon, let's go

Archived