[Drama 2014/2015] Rosy Lovers 장미빛 연인들

Emmy11

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with single dad drama is that when the guy finally found the girl he loves, the ex-wife or ex-girl friend is bound to show up and disturb the relationship. Either the ex wants him back or wanted the kid back. Then we will have to suffer the agony of breakups through many episodes.
I am just hoping this drama will be different. Give us something fresh and different from the norm.  

@rikimaiu, I think the lead actress (Sunhwa) might be the mother.

''He meets Han Sun-hwa’s character by chance in his building — she’s the daughter of his mom’s friend, and her character name is, funnily enough, Baek Jang-mi (White Rose). Jang-mi is an immature princess and a mama’s girl; a second-year costume design student in university who’s never known hardship. She becomes curious about Lee after their encounter, and when they get involved in some sort of mishap together, they’ll have to deal with the unexpected consequences''. (Via MBN, Sports Daily)

This 'some sort of mishap' could be her getting pregnant, I'm just guessing here but I hope that's the case the drama would be more fun

@suchadiva42, same here :) and I'm also looking forward to seeing how Han Sun Hwa performs as this is her first leading role

The problem with single dad drama is that when the guy finally found the girl he loves, the ex-wife or ex-girl friend is bound to show up and disturb the relationship. Either the ex wants him back or wanted the kid back. Then we will have to suffer the agony of breakups through many episodes.

I am just hoping this drama will be different. Give us something fresh and different from the norm.  

I also were thinking the same thing about what if the ex comes back and claim what's hers? But I already said if that happens, I'll be prepared to have my Blood Pressure Pills on standby :-S

suchadiva42 said:

@valsava" Girlfriend now you know we've seen a lot of dramas together and if I don't keep it calm all hell well break loose, and just thinking about what if the Ex does show up wanting to start over, then I wouldn't have no choice but to hide because I don't want to see it X_X

The writer of Rosy Lovers also was the script writer for a single mom drama My Love By My Side that is available on some streaming sites.  That drama was remarkably well written and acted.   Besides the leads, the drama had the best depiction of a "stage Mother" who spends much of the drama coniving to protect her son or help him become more successful and wealthy.

For anyone who knows Broadway musicals, check out the musical Gypsy to see, Momma Rose, the model for the boy's mother.   Also look up Rose's turn on Youtube for the soliloquy that closes the show and illustrates Mama Rose character.   The best versions there are from the movie with Rosalind Russell and the live performance by Patty Lapone.   It is important to get the first few lines of dialogue prior to the song to understand the context and not all versions, of which there are at least 6, on youTube have them.

Archived