[Drama 2014/2015] Dr. Frost 닥터 프로스트

conankung

@zaabuMy impression from all that I've seen is that the false memories are being implanted by hypnosis of some kind. There's no mention of drugs as yet and the scene with Frost as a boy with hyeong using the lit match points strongly to that. I'm even less of an expert than @NRGchick, my area being Applied Linguistics although I've done a bit of reading in psycholinguistics in language education :D. But it is possible to brainwash people with enough repetition depending on their receptivity and suggestibility. People who belong to cults are often brainwashed and often require "de-programming" before they can return to life in normal society. I imagine there's some parallel there between what is being done to the victims of false memories and what happens to cult followers.
When behaviorism was at its zenith, I recall that language learning was seen to large degree as information dumping to put it crudely. It gave birth to the audiolingual method which sees learners learning through drilling and repetition.
It's a fascinating area, no doubt. I'd be very interested in how they explain it all in the last episode. Perhaps there's more fiction than science in all of this.
@NRGchickI don't really know that Prof C is responsible for the death of Frost's parents.The reliability of that memory is in serious doubt IMO. Or the death of Det Nam's daughter. I shudder to think what transpired in that conversation between hyeong and Det Nam.
My feeling is that the Moriarity of this story... the BIG BAD... is really targetting Prof C not Frost. I think the homeless men, Sung Ah's friend, Sung Ah, Frost, Det Nam and maybe even Seon are just collateral damage or the means by which the BIG BAD is trying to get to Prof C.I'm not sure that he's after Seon as such but I think he is looking for someone to care for the rehab kids if he does get caught. But all this is speculation at best.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI, I'm just a newbie following this drama. I tried to catch up by reading the synopsis. the only episode I'm just done watching is the 8 - Lie.
I cant find the next part (by read synopsis) of episode 7, the END part. I just read until when prof Seon ang the Hyung visit frost at the bar. then kkeut. and I cant find any site who make the synopsis, could anybody tellin me what happen next at that ep 7??

@40somethingajumma Excuse me, I'm sorry before, can I ask something, the summary you made at page 24 contain of part 1, and 2 are which episode?
I'm just searching the 9th one at dramabay. but its written 94%, before was 88%, maybe do you know whats that mean? it still not completed??
Kamsahamnida..Thankyou

Sorry for Interrupting this forum.

greenlite10 said: HI, I'm just a newbie following this drama. I tried to catch up by reading the synopsis. the only episode I'm just done watching is the 8 - Lie.
I cant find the next part (by read synopsis) of episode 7, the END part. I just read until when prof Seon ang the Hyung visit frost at the bar. then kkeut. and I cant find any site who make the synopsis, could anybody tellin me what happen next at that ep 7??

@40somethingajumma Excuse me, I'm sorry before, can I ask something, the summary you made at page 24 contain of part 1, and 2 are which episode?
I'm just searching the 9th one at dramabay. but its written 94%, before was 88%, maybe do you know whats that mean? it still not completed??
Kamsahamnida..Thankyou

Sorry for Interrupting this forum.

40somethingahjumma said: @zaabuMy impression from all that I've seen is that the false memories are being implanted by hypnosis of some kind. There's no mention of drugs as yet and the scene with Frost as a boy with hyeong using the lit match points strongly to that. I'm even less of an expert than @NRGchick, my area being Applied Linguistics although I've done a bit of reading in psycholinguistics in language education :D. But it is possible to brainwash people with enough repetition depending on their receptivity and suggestibility. People who belong to cults are often brainwashed and often require "de-programming" before they can return to life in normal society. I imagine there's some parallel there between what is being done to the victims of false memories and what happens to cult followers.
When behaviorism was at its zenith, I recall that language learning was seen to large degree as information dumping to put it crudely. It gave birth to the audiolingual method which sees learners learning through drilling and repetition.
It's a fascinating area, no doubt. I'd be very interested in how they explain it all in the last episode. Perhaps there's more fiction than science in all of this.
@NRGchickI don't really know that Prof C is responsible for the death of Frost's parents.The reliability of that memory is in serious doubt IMO. Or the death of Det Nam's daughter. I shudder to think what transpired in that conversation between hyeong and Det Nam.
My feeling is that the Moriarity of this story... the BIG BAD... is really targetting Prof C not Frost. I think the homeless men, Sung Ah's friend, Sung Ah, Frost, Det Nam and maybe even Seon are just collateral damage or the means by which the BIG BAD is trying to get to Prof C.I'm not sure that he's after Seon as such but I think he is looking for someone to care for the rehab kids if he does get caught. But all this is speculation at best.

Guest ladyinthegreenscarf

I apologize for my extremely rusty Chinese but the man the woman killed was allegedly the kidnapper of her son.

@ladywithagreenscarf should be really happy today. Frost says all kinds of nice things about Sung Ah to his hyeong.

After watching episode 9, I'm more worried about Frost, Prof., and Detective Nam. :worried:

I loved the interactions between Frost and Sung Ah but the seriousness of the ep worried the he*l outta' me.

I will comment about the bubbly interactions between Frost and Sung Ah later (may be after the release of ep 10, I hope all ends well for everyone). Right now I'm extremely terrified of 'hyung'. What creepy, eerie vibes he gives!

One thing I've noticed though and it felt kinda'. . . Well, strange.

Hyung now knows (I'm sure) that Frost is changing as he's interacting more with Detective Nam and Sung Ah. Prof. and Song unni also play(ed) an important role in his life (past and present).

If hyung gets the Prof. killed, takes Song unni away, drives her mad till she herself commits suicide (I hope this doesn't happen, I love her :cry: ), destroys Detective Nam's sanity by planting false memories, uses Sung Ah as an activation switch to activate false memories in Frost's mind (gets rid of her later on due to her naivety. Please God don't let this happen, I'll die! :broken_heart: ), then he'll be truly able to 'destroy' not Prof. but 'Frost'.

Frost doesn't make 'friends'. He has no family and he meets with a lot of people but he 'truly interacts/connects' with a very few. Those very few are very lucky as Frost cares about them 'a lot' (by his standards).

I think hyung wants to destroy Frost as he knows that what Frost has, he can never have that.

So hyung will destroy Frost by taking everyone that he cares about away from him (I'm sure he was the one responsible for Frost's parents' death).

TBC

(Continued)

@40somethingahjumma‌ Now this may be just my imagination but I don't think hyung is jealous of Frost, instead he's envious of Frost.

Frost has Prof., Sung Ah, Detective Nam, Song unni.

Hyung he's got nothing!

So it's envy that's eating his insides. He wants to have what Frost has but he can not attain anything, so he'll take everything away from Frost instead, which is the easiest way to destroy your competition/enemy/target.

In my opinion Frost is the 'real' target.

I sensed something fishy when Sung Ah didn't say anything to Frost regarding the situation/phone call in the presence of hyung and hyung seemed clearly displeased.

Sung Ah only trusts Frost and hyung sensed it. Attaining someone's trust is a great accomplishment. Now hyung clearly wants to take away all 'accomplishments' obtained by Frost (by any means necessary).

In the end when I witnessed the scented candle on Sung Ah's table, I knew something was up.

Hyung wants Frost to suffer and the suffering will be caused by a loved one/friend (though involuntarily).

Detective Nam's mental instability, Prof.'s untimely demise, Song unni's absence, Sung Ah's involvement and then possible absence: all of these events scream only one thing.

'Frost will suffer', he'll suffer a lot! (I hope I'm wrong!!! :cry: )

@zaabu‌-chi I agree with you, Song unni should get more air time. I feel sorry for the actress and her character. I love Frost/Sung Ah scenes but I also love the whole cast of Dr. Frost. I know that the webtoon has very little of Song unni but I really love her character. I hope she remains safe from hyung.

@icemaid‌-chi Chinguaaaaa!!!! Oooooowaaaainnnnn!!! Where are you?!!!! I miss you a lot, come to the forum pali pali pali, I am clinically depressed, so worried about everyone (except hyung).

Come and give me some of your sunshine ice so my bleeding heart can heal!!!! :broken_heart:

@ladyinthegreen I believe, he is also jealous of Frost because he received attention and care from Prof Cheon. When Hyung first met Nam Bong, he was impressed by his abilities. He went to take another book and you could see that he enjoyed being the teacher and friend of this young boy, but unfortunately, the prof. Cheon arrived which provoked an extreme reaction of displeasure. To me, it looks like that he has a grudge against the prof. Cheon. In the episode 7 or 8, after hearing from Cheon that he should stay away from his students Frost and Song, hyung replied to himself that he was once his student too. So he must think, he was relegated due to Frost... he never received true recognition for his work. Something must have happened in the past related with Prof Cheon. There is definitely a trust issue.Frost might be a kind of target, but I think, it is related to his closeness to Prof Cheon.  

I also wanted to add that maybe Frost's comment about the culprit being a mad scientist must have hurt Hyung which might explain why he didn't wait any longer for hurting Frost. Nevertheless I think, he wants to punish prof Cheon and Frost for hurting his feelings. The man must have a narcissic disorder + megalomania... Forst should have noticed the smile of his sunbaenim, when he talked about the false memory experiment... even the remark should have rung the bell. He definitely trusts his hyung too much, but I guess, Prof Cheon is to blame for that. Prof Cheon doesn't want him to know his hyung's true nature. Frost isn't aware of the animosity between Cheon and the "mad scientist". However, he knows that his hyung is ambitious! 

@bebebisous33‌ Chingu it's just my guess! You have valid points. Hyung may be targeting Prof. but think about it, if he wants to destroy Prof. then Detective Nam's enough to do the job. He'll kill the Prof. End of story!

But if this is the case then hyung's involvement with Song Sun, giving Sung Ah the scented candle and match box, activation of Frost's false memories: all of them seem in vain, without a purpose.

Or may be there's a more sinister plan-in-store:

Frost thinks Prof. killed his parents, Detective Nam thinks Prof. killed his daughter, Song Sun already resigned from the university, she's interacting with hyung now, she may (or may not) think that the Prof. was a murderer, Sung Ah's future seems uncertain (it mostly depends upon Frost's logical interpretations). :cry:

Frost, Detective Nam, Song Sun and Sung Ah: all will suffer if hyung targets the Prof.

But if Prof. is the real target then I'm sure hyung doesn't want him dead, hyung would like to see him suffer.

If Frost, Detective Nam, Song Sun, Sung Ah all turn against the Prof. then he'll suffer a lot.

So, I think Detective Nam will kill himself instead because his suffering will 'truly' end after his death!!!! :cry: (Oh God I'm dying!!! :broken_heart: )

I'm really, really afraid/depressed/confused/heartbroken right now. I don't know what's true or false anymore, it's all so, soooo messed up, but. . .

But, whatever it is, my intuitions are telling me that it won't be pretty. I just hope that this time, my intuitions are dead 'wrong'.

@bebebisous33‌ Ambitions, huh!!! More like murderous intents!!!! Aishhhh the guy looks crazy, acts mad, smiles insanely, talks trash (takes a gun from Detective Nam and shoots the he*l outta' him).

Now I feel much better!!!

He's crazy and Frost was right, 'mad scientist' indeed!!! *curses hyung*

Prof. may be protecting Frost but it's too late now.

Whatever the crazy sunbae has I can assure you, it's everything except sanity.

Psycho, wierdo dude, his devilish smirks gives me the chills. I know that Frost seems to trust his hyung a lot but Frost ain't illogical.

I'm sure Frost will think outside the box. After all,

he's Frost and he's the best!!!

@ladyinthegreen ambition can lead to murder! F. e. Hitler had once an ambitious plan and in the end, he had millions of people killed. I agree with you that the guy's smile is creepy and that he is insane, but insanity doesn't exclude ambition. I am quite sure, he has the impression that he isn't really recognized. Maybe because there is also this quarrell between Frost and him about changing people or not through counceling, he wants to prove he is right. But all the points you mentionned and I mentionned don't exclude each other. Especially when the person is crazy, the culprit has many reasons and motives to act as he did.

@40somethingahjumma if download from dramabay, is the subtitle built in or not?

waa.. from comments above it look like what the Hyung doing is getting more revealed and serious. make me curious too
but, I cant understand watch without subtitle. maybe, anybody know the subtitle link of ep 9??

@bebebisous33‌ Hmm I agree with you.

Sunbae acts like Frost's hyung and Frost actually thinks of him as his hyung too. Frost is sincere and sunbae is so so insincere. The way they both perceive reality is entirely different.

Thank God Frost is all logic 'cause the way I see it, hyung is all emotions and they are all on the negative side of the spectrum.

I'm scared, I'm actually terrified of the coming consequences. Can't bear to watch ep # 10.

Let's hope whoever the culprit is gets his 'just' dessert.

Frost fighting!!! :heart:

im a bit upset how other casts are less utilized especially Prof. Song... she has a great character/role >.< 

i think hyung will make Prof. SOng a bait... >.< poor Prof. Song :'( like a hostage? 

@ladyinthegreenscraf why I am so quiet?

I just watched ep 9  last night & like you am so worried & scared & most of all - we have only 1 more episode to go.  :((

And and and I am guilty - I find the bad hyung so attractive - tall, handsome, etc.

Even secretly wish he would take Sung Ah away from Frost (you Iceberg, someone must trigger you into action haha).

Ok I am bad I go stand in the corner now.  X_X

Archived