[Drama 2014-2015] Pinocchio, 피노키오

Go Seung Ji

Episode 11 Preview English Translation:
Jaemyeong: HAMYEONG IS DEAD! IF HE BECAME A REPORTER LIKE YOU THEN HE IS DEAD!Hamyeong/Dalpo: IF FATHER CAME BACK, WE COULD HAVE WATCHED FIREWORKS, I WANT TO GO BACK TO BEFORE!!! HYUNG YOU WILL MAKE SURE OF IT!Chansoo: Who is the culprit?Hamyeong/Dalpo: Ki Jaemyeong. Ki Jaemyeong is my hyung (older brother). Ki Jaemyeong was unlike how the press showed him as and was not the real him. Inha: Oh Dalpo-yah.Hamyeong/Dalpo: YGN News...This is Ki Hamyeong.

Sorry for the horrible translations. If you want to post this again, don't forget to give me (TheFoodMonster) credit. :D

Guest fernsquared

IT'S VACATION TIIIMEEEE PWAHAHAHAHAHA.School is over and I finally get the time to actually join you guys here in soompi T______TI've been away and it's sooo painful urghh, now that I'm back this episode is so awesome it hurtsI just watched it live, wuri JongSuk is amazing at the last scene where he revealed his identity to his hyung there aigooooAs much as I love this drama I have to say the writers are killing us all hahahaha
WHY CLIFFHANGER WHYYYYYY!!!!

Episode 10 - Dalpo's Dilemma

In the past few days, over the various internet forums, there has been a simmering discontent over how Dalpo has been treating his brother. Although it doesn’t affect the quality of the series, the discussion has gotten to the point when I feel like I have to address it, since it pops up here and there. And it irks me.

The comments range from, “WHY DALPO U NO SAVE YOUR BROTHER” to “urg I hate Dalpo more and more Inha is the best, he is such a wimp”, but all in all the sentiment is that Dalpo should have told his brother about his own identity the moment they met under the Christmas tree. To which I have one question: what then? If they meet at that point, does Dalpo hide the fact that he knows of hyung’s murders and continue to live a even more painful lie as he investigates the case? Or does he join forces with hyung, The Revenge Bros?

I’m sure you can see how this doesn’t fit with anything that we know about Dalpo so far.

As for Inha being the mouthpiece and getting a lot of the moments of moral upperhand (which leads to some people thinking Dalpo is written badly), I hope they can see that Inha and Dalpo are two very different characters. Inha lived his life hiding nothing. Dalpo lived his life hiding everything. She can go up to her mother and shout at her; Dalpo can’t even tell his future father-in-law about his real self.

Dalpo needs to change, of course, but you have to give him the space to change. He needs to see how Inha does it, and he can follow through.

As for the people who think the writer steals Dalpo’s moment to give to Inha (which I have seen being mentioned somewhat during liveblogging), NO. The writer more than made it to him by having Inha look at Dalpo during the confrontation, borrowing his words word-for-word to use against her mother. In an earlier scene, Inha was lamenting how she was much weaker than her mom when it comes to verbal discourse, but with Dalpo’s words and her courage, they can take down Mom.

Also, they even had the YGN ahjussis acknowledge that Inha basically used Dalpo’s speech. The writer understands that we want Dalpo to have that big explosive moment of emotion, but he is not the kind to explode all over the place. He holds it in, he has learnt to for so many years. In the end, we got our scene of reunion. From what we can see in the preview, Dalpo explains himself pretty clearly. I hope it is the beginning of the path back to light.

Finally, on the topic of hyung, if I have to hear one more complaint about how he is the true hero… He is basically Min Joon Gook, but more handsome and tall. Never forget what Hyesung said, “Once you murder, you are no longer a victim, but a murderer.” To say that hyung is on any moral high ground is laughable; and to say that Dalpo is emotionless for not falling immediately in line with Hyung, is ridiculous to me.

By: hitoritabi  

TheFoodMonster said:

Episode 11 Preview English Translation:
Jaemyeong: HAMYEONG IS DEAD! IF HE BECAME A REPORTER LIKE YOU THEN HE IS DEAD!Hamyeong/Dalpo: IF FATHER CAME BACK, WE COULD HAVE WATCHED FIREWORKS, I WANT TO GO BACK TO BEFORE!!! HYUNG YOU WILL MAKE SURE OF IT!Chansoo: Who is the culprit?Hamyeong/Dalpo: Ki Jaemyeong. Ki Jaemyeong is my hyung (older brother). Ki Jaemyeong was unlike how the press showed him as and was not the real him. Inha: Oh Dalpo-yah.Hamyeong/Dalpo: YGN News...This is Ki Hamyeong.

Sorry for the horrible translations. If you want to post this again, don't forget to give me (TheFoodMonster) credit. :D

rairamegumi said: omo....this couple is really disturbing ...how can they make me watch their scenes and abandon my work at office...sigh...lolol

I still hope that hyung is not the murderer...I hope in the end there's the twist...come on, just look at his innocent and gorgeous handsome face...how can they make him a bad guy...I can't accept that...huhuhuhu

can we have a wedding scene in the ending?.....
[-O<