What would you tell your 16 year old self?

Admin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take learning Japanese seriously! You'll have many close Japanese friends in the future.Get an electric cello instead. Pick up the electric guitar, and get a head start.Check out ACIDMAN. Oh my goodness <3 Also, Chipotle and Clazziquai never gets old.
Ah, and you know the money you've been saving for a car? Invest that in TESLA, Google, and Apple.You know how Biology is your worst subject? Guess what your major will be...aha
Do you know the site your sister is always on? Yeah that kpop website.
You're going to be on that website a lot!

Guest raidmywardrobe

I would tell my young self that being "in with the crowd" doesn't matter. I like how teens these days tend to embrace being different.

Guest purekoreanblood

Everyone worries. Nobody is honest. Listen to your parents. College is high school 2.0. School is important. Learning is important. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DLkim

Given that I amaze him by dropping knowledge on him about the future, that'll be right when I give him the talk.

Learn to draw and cook as well as get ready for the social media wave. And also to read a lot of great, enjoyable, thoughtful books. Oh yea and to learn more Korean - speaking, writing, listening, reading.

Also tell him to get an account on Soompi. I feel like a late bloomer, as if I was supposed to be here years ago, but hey now's the time.

Guest x-serendipity-x

Start working part-time to help finance your education and to gain work experience, GET FIT, don't waste time, figure out what you're good at (and somewhat enjoy) so that you can study that in university and graduate on time, commit to personal learning and upgrading yourself in your personal time, open yourself up to more opportunities (dating, events, volunteering, competitions, etc.).     

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest neeliehm

Forget about looking for a guy to confirm you are a likeable person. define yourself and seriously eff what parents say. Focus on yourself and loving yourself. Dare to do things you don't usually do. Seriously no one cares what you do as much as you think they do.

Guest Azelas

Grow up! Suck it up, you little turd. Things will only get worse from here on, but when all comes to all, it will be worth the effort!

Guest HiIamNick

To the 16 year old me:Stop following trends you look 100 times better wearing what you are comfortable wearing. You have a unique fashion sense
Don't fall in love too fast, you're too superficial idiot.
Keep bboying(Breakdancing) and don't stop because you're 21 year old self misses it and has no time for it. It is your passion, your love and your energy.
Have sex more! A lot of girls wanted to have sex with you! Because in your 20's lots of girls have settled down and most of them have boyfriends
You know those girls who you liked you but you denied them and friendzoned them because you have "high standards"?!?! Well they went from ugly duckling to beautiful swan! They are also more successful than you. Again, Don't be superfical. Looks AND personality play a role in relationships.
When someone hates you and says something mean, its NOT always your fault. Don't be hard on yourself because you'll realize there are a lot of assholes out there.
This is the major points I can think of right now. lol hope you enjoed it  :)!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest by the way i luv u

Go swimming more. You might win the swimming carnivals. 

Stop feeling self-conscious. And lastly, you've done well so far *pat pat*

• 2 weeks later...

Archived