What would you tell your 16 year old self?

Admin

That internet thingy? Yeah, it's going to be bigger then you imagined. Also, stop f*cking around and learn a decent job in school. 

I'd also kick myself in the balls and richard simmons for various stupid things I would do in the near future come 18 and older.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest woasuby

Study Hard and get all A's...A-average B-Below average C-Cannot even D-Don't go there F- your F'd.

Grades are important but what's more important is you will build solid work ethic on your venture to get all A's

• 2 weeks later...

A bully will be in the same class as you. Show him that you're not to be messed around with. The guy is actually a coward as you'll find out a year later. He usually acts tough, but you'll see that he suddenly gets friendly to a tougher person. He bullies people he thinks are weak just to hide his deficiencies. He may seem popular in school, but that's because he's good at acting. The students in the other grades don't know him well enough.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Things I would tell my 16 year old self:

• Don’t skip class senior year. Those F’s you got for poor attendance? They come back to bite you.
  • Make sure you tell your “brother” how much he means to you. By the time you hit drinking age, he’ll be gone forever.
  • You’ll face a lot of hard times come graduation but you’ll make it through. Chin up!
  • Stop spending all your money the second you get it!
  • Stop being so lazy. You could have a perfect GPA if you actually tried. Don’t coast just because you don’t need to study to pass.
  • Cut certain people out of your life already; you know who they are.

When hard times hit, keep this in mind: what’s the worst that could happen?

Well, that takes a little bit of thinking.... lol :phew:

Hello Soompies,

in retrospect I would say to me:

Don't miss chances to enjoy the company of the day – days without your loved ones are going to come!

Definitely don’t trust so many people - disillusion hits you!

Don’t forget the future – keep some money for “rainy days”!

Don’t be like “society”, try to do better and more humanely!

Obviously there is more, but those are the most important.

All the best to you, your Christian Ho

Lot of things. Be more fearless damn it and take your schooling seriously instead of screwing around and hanging with people who pretend to be your friends. Stop being so damn stupid and think of your future. And I repeat, be more fearless. Ask questions. Stop worrying people are going to laugh at you. Stop being so scared. And also, spend as much time as you can with your father because you won't have the chance to do it when you enter university because he'll be gone. Tell him that you love him. Everything's going to hurt so much but tell yourself that you're stronger than what you think you are. Believe in yourself and believe that you are smart and you are not stupid. You can do it if you try hard enough. Don't let anyone drag you down.  

1. Just relax!
  2. Unschool yourself. It means learn about everything you are interested about not only what our education system want you to learn, do a lot of research, let your inner curiosity take charge of you :D
  3. Don't have crushes, they will just crush you :angry: 
  4. You are going to have an amazing husband, I mean really amazing! When God made him, he must a been thinking about you!
  5. Focus, be in the present. Past is gone, the future is yet to come.

• 4 weeks later...

1. Be kind to yourself, relax it's high school, not everything will be perfect

2. Be yourself, and be okay with it

3. Spend time with friends, and don't worry about how cool or popular you wish you could be

• 4 weeks later...

Don't think it's hard to gain someone's respect. You'll be surprised how quickly people will accept you when they realize your good qualities. And the people who are bigoted or have the wrong values - who cares? These types will be in trouble in the long term. You wouldn't want to be associated with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived