What would you tell your 16 year old self?

Admin

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked back to learn from mistakes but never can open the door to go back. What is done, is done. No such thing as what if. Try the best to fix it and pray. Dont lose hope.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:53 AM, Kiri_K said:
  • Invest in bitcoin.
  • You should've become an under the table plumber, university is for suckers.

I saw bitcoin being mentioned on the internet for a long time. Had I known that the value would rise, I would've invested a lot in it. It's too late now. I'm glad that I didn't invest on it last year. I know someone who did. I feel sorry for her. I hear people say that it might rise again four years later or more, or disappear completely. Sometimes I wonder if I should invest after waiting for it to drop more.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 2:49 AM, singlebilingual said:

A bully will be in the same class as you. Show him that you're not to be messed around with. The guy is actually a coward as you'll find out a year later. He usually acts tough, but you'll see that he suddenly gets friendly to a tougher person. He bullies people he thinks are weak just to hide his deficiencies. He may seem popular in school, but that's because he's good at acting. The students in the other grades don't know him well enough.

I have more to tell now that the years have gone by.

There'll be a revelation about him many years later. It'll make you realize that being upset because of him was a waste of time. Hint: his family, his relatives and his future wife will hate him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

If I could go back to when I was 16 years old.. 

I would tell myself that with time, things will become better

& open up an savings account, retirement account, and a credit card because starting out early makes a huge difference

• 4 weeks later...

If I could meet my 16-year-old Self right now, this is what I would say: "Focus more on your studies. Give your best shot while still young, the higher your grades the better. Never get yourself a boyfriend, you can have those after you graduate in college". 

Reality check, I was able to graduate in College, got a stable job and had 3 boyfriends in between (not at the same time, of course :D). 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear 16 year old me, treasure your dad, take good care of him because he's gonna leave soon. But don't be too sad, he's going in a peaceful place. Take care of your mom, because she'll be having a hard time raising you alone. You'll get through this, just keep holding on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SC2019 locked this topic

Archived