[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Guest Grnapple31

charliew said:

After reading SJN's answers I think we need Healer Season 2, or at least one hour drama. There is so much that we are missing :((

I'm so glad that they decided not to make triangle love between JH, MH and CSY.

Agree, agree, agreed!  SJN must've been feeling bad for the fans to have done that Q&A.  There are so many loose ends that didn't get tied up or answered (that's now being answered by SJN).  Hey JCW and PMY fans - forget the food trucks, let's collect some $$ so they can make at least a one hour extra episode - it can be like an epilogue or something.

Guest charliew

Ashley Chia said: http://youtu.be/jMNmvd-Td_k Another of my favorite scenes! ( I have plenty of favorite) The part where JH has to act as a weakling PBS, yet at the same time putting his Healer skills to go use to avoid getting hit! And not to forget his fast moves to prevent YS from hitting her head against the wall! Initially Ajumma ask JH to leave the scene to avoid getting caught, but I was glad he didn't! He came back and saved YS in his awesome healer outfit! YAY FTW

Guest shinomorisagara

Ashley Chia said: Another of my favorite scenes! ( I have plenty of favorite) The part where JH has to act as a weakling PBS, yet at the same time putting his Healer skills to go use to avoid getting hit! And not to forget his fast moves to prevent YS from hitting her head against the wall! Initially Ajumma ask JH to leave the scene to avoid getting caught, but I was glad he didn't! He came back and saved YS in his awesome healer outfit! YAY FTW

I watch ep 20 with subs again today... So far I have watched ep 20 3.5 times! 1 for livestreaming, 2 with subs, 1/2 ep raw for screencapping... #:-S

Goodness... I never knew I would just go crazy watching ep 20 on repeat :))

Advance apology first to you all, as I will write some plot holes on ep 20 that bother my mind... It's even more revealing when I rewatch it today...
1. Det Yoon shoot JH straight on the chest
AFAIK, no sane detective/police would ever shoot the suspect straight on the chest! Even when they chase the suspect and they want to stop the suspect, they would shoot in the legs/arms, but would avoid shooting in the area that can result in death... Therefore the scene won't ever be seen in real life!!
Although I kind of understand in narrative arc, it would work because if JH shot (fake) dead it would make more impact to the viewers. (it's proven true to myself.. as I was worried if JH really dead.. and the next scene when they revealed JH isn't dead I was laughing... LOL)

2. Live Broadcast at the airport
Before all hullabaloo at the airport, KMH makes another live broadcast n he contacts Editor Jang n Reporter Yeo. Therefore I assume the broadcast is already aired online at that time. When JH take the informant as hostage, CYS and later KMH record his face with the camera as JH for a while also facing the camera directly. Hence the question, why people doesn't know that it's actually SJH, not Park Bong Soo (the real) when it's broadcasted in ABS. Why no one asked this kind of incongruence? People who watch Someday broadacst would surely know SJH face right?
I think somehow, while Someday always want to portray the truth, in this case they lie to public by hiding SJH n change the culprit to PBS. (It bothers me a lot. But afterall, media is and has always been never neutral, they always presents "the truth" according to their own ideology and agenda setting. It's called "media framing") I can safely say, therefore, Someday News and ABS are doing media framing in that instance.

3. JH's interview
No explanations in the drama. Granted that we have read SJN's Q&A, but unfortunately many vewers in the drama don't. So how the drama itself explains, why in the bloody hell SJH doing the interview? And what for? :-?? :-??

I wish I could see more on the ending: JH and YS married, have kids, what happens to ahjumma, Det.Yoon, Daeyong, the cafe, Choi myung hee, etc? But I'll take what i can get and happy ending is what all it takes...

Sorry for the rant.. I'm kind of person that's critical to everything, even to my favorites dramas. God knows, I can be really harsh to the dramas I watch. The topic subject in Healer also close to what I learned on college and I really love the topic of media and mass communications in general.

I wanted to thank a few people in this thread, but I have been procrastinating, because coming into the thread actually makes me feel sad/depressed, and I don't want to say these thank you because it felt like goodbyes. However, no more procrastinating since these few people deserve a mention for hard effort. Apologies in advance if I missed some out.
Firstly, a BIG thank you to the organisers of Healer International Fan Project - @tomoyo1010 @sanika @namedx @sunshine15 @kanyaprastyo. Thank you guys, for your awesomeness by putting yourselves forward & making the project possible.
Secondly, another BIG thank you to the translators @aroma83 @ruizaio. Translations is tough, which is why I see the need to show my gratitude and appreciation to you girls. 
Thank you also @ruizaio for getting in touch with SJN, for simply sharing and raise SJN and the production team's awareness of our existence. It was a huge pity that in general, the international fans' voices were drown out for Faith two years ago, and nothing more could be done for Faith, but I am just glad that we could do so much more for Healer this time round.
Lastly, thank you all for the fun, but peace and quiet in this thread. Having been around other drama threads, I think Healer thread is the most peaceful to date. There are no trolls, only @celyw - LOLLLL. Joking dear, we love ya! :))
I would insert a Woodalchi group hug, but since it'll be deemed drama unrelated. So we'll just make do with a backhug...dca87d23jw1eoqz3kdjv2g207g042wyq.gifcredit image to owner (via weibo)

After reading SJN's Q

Anyway, I was just kind of sad about this bit. Because JH still, in some way or another, has to watch his back, and I do not like that idea. Yes, there are only a few who knew his face, Elder people, SS goons, but JH now works as a freelancer who gets information that normal reporters could not get, that means he is probably doing Healer-related tasks, thus, the chances of coming across or meeting those persons who knew his face is very much possible, and that could be trouble. But I may be just making a big deal out of this, maybe JH can easily get out of such situation, as when somebody recognises him. :)

Q: How come people just believe that the dead person is somebody with a different name (PBS), face, and body build when the goons that worked for the Elder and were arrested all know that it was JH that died?
A: This was an interesting part. Now there are two types of people who know JH. People who only know the picture on the wanted poster. You can take care of that by supposing that MJ deleted the video file and switched out the picture.
Those who had actually seen JH... are those that JH will have to avoid as he works as a freelancer. This is why JH works as a freelancer and not an ordinary reporter that works in the office. How would he get away when he comes across people who know his face... maybe he'll just say with a straight face, "I hear that a lot. That I look a lot like someone." ...that would be thrilling.

@everyone try reading SJN's Q&A with the OST as your background music. It is awesome. :D

I kind of had the same thoughts as u as i first read that. Then I realised, even if the little people that know him, aft the fall of the current elder, tbh no one wld be rly after him anymore right? Even if he bumped into them, i doubt much is going to happen, since I guess the main villain (Elder) wldnt get away w the law so easily and the new farmers/remaining SS goons dont rly have much to go after him already?

*dk if i makes sense but thats what i think*

But that was one ques lingering in my mind so glad that SJN answered that. Im still rly satisfied and once again thanks @ruizaio‌ !!

Guest uctqepe

Hey everyone!

I have compiled answers for the fave scene and quote. It seems that everyone has different opinion kakakkakakak.. But there are several who mentions the same scene, so i'll go w: that..

Can someone help me with HD pictures of

1. the scene at rooftop (ep.20) where JH backhug YS? The one where he kissed her hands?

2. The elevator scene where JH tried kissing YS?

haaaaalllpppp pleaseeee.. I dont have any HD quality video to make the screencaps..

Thank you!!!

PS @kanyaprasetyo‌ your questions are everyone's questions too, and SJN has answered them. Pls see @ruizaio‌ post ;)

Its sad that healer drama dont have enough funds for the project. Thnks to SJN Q&A ,it kinda fulfilled my healer drama. How i wish i get a scene on ahjumma and the orphans and her knittings and her hard work money for the orphans. I

kanyaprasetyo said: I watch ep 20 with subs again today... So far I have watched ep 20 3.5 times! 1 for livestreaming, 2 with subs, 1/2 ep raw for screencapping... #:-S

Goodness... I never knew I would just go crazy watching ep 20 oobsessiont :))

Advance apology first to you all, as I will write some plot holes on ep 20 that bother my mind... It's even more revealing when I rewatch it today...
1. Det Yoon shoot JH straight on the chest
AFAIK, no sane detective/police would ever shoot the suspect straight on the chest! Even when they chase the suspect and they want to stop the suspect, they would shoot in the legs/arms, but would avoid shooting in the area that can result in death... Therefore the scene won't ever be seen in real life!!
Although I kind of understand in narrative arc, it would work because if JH shot (fake) dead it would make more impact to the viewers. (it's proven true to myself.. as I was worried if JH really dead.. and the next scene when they revealed JH isn't dead I was laughing... LOL)

2. Live Broadcast at the airport
Before all hullabaloo at the airport, KMH makes another live broadcast n he contacts Editor Jang n Reporter Yeo. Therefore I assume the broadcast is already aired online at that time. When JH take the informant as hostage, CYS and later KMH record his face with the camera as JH for a while also facing the camera directly. Hence the question, why people doesn't know that it's actually SJH, not Park Bong Soo (the real) when it's broadcasted in ABS. Why no one asked this kind of incongruence? People who watch Someday broadacst would surely know SJH face right?
I think somehow, while Someday always want to portray the truth, in this case they lie to public by hiding SJH n change the culprit to PBS. (It bothers me a lot. But afterall, media is and has always been never neutral, they always presents "the truth" according to their own ideology and agenda setting. It's called "media framing") I can safely say, therefore, Someday News and ABS are doing media framing in that instance.

3. JH's interview
No explanations in the drama. Granted that we have read SJN's Q&A, but unfortunately many vewers in the drama don't. So how the drama itself explains, why in the bloody hell SJH doing the interview? And what for? :-?? :-??

I wish I could see more on the ending: JH and YS married, have kids, what happens to ahjumma, Det.Yoon, Daeyong, the cafe, Choi myung hee, etc? But I'll take what i can get and happy ending is what all it takes...

Sorry for the rant.. I'm kind of person that's critical to everything, even to my favorites dramas. God knows, I can be really harsh to the dramas I watch. The topic subject in Healer also close to what I learned on college and I really love the topic of media and mass communications in general.

Guest sweetestRachelJi0405

HEALER is just DAEBAK.. i wish i could erase my memory about HEALER about watch it all over again to feel the thrill and giddy again.. yeah the separation anxiety and how will I move on.. Fans here are very genius.. KUDOS..

I noticed also that there was no interaction between MH and YS(mother-daughter) where YS call her 'eomeoni'..