[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

sia3

said:

No... it's not the right feel - he didn't say it matter of factly. It's soooo hard for me to explain, but he definitely didn't say it because he didn't want to hide from himself or Ahjumma anymore (because they both knew about it since he went on the date with Young Shin in E11). Jung Hoo has never once hide his feelings about Young Shin once he's known

It felt more like... a new determination (?), or a declaration (?); he said it because he's made a decision, and it

has

to be said then

Aaaaarrrghhhh Song Ji Na! Just freaking write a book on Healer! X(

@sia3: that gif is perfect response! Right after reading the post, I was wondering which of (or all of) the SJH WTH faces would go best!! but this one totally does the job! :))
sia3 said: Funny this, I actually didn't find the café scene consist of sexual tension. I feel there was longing from both (wanting to be together), but it wasn't sexual at all, and Jung Hoo held back because he thinks it wasn't time yet even though he is dying to let go of everything and held her in his arms! Eeeekkkkk~ FEELS!

Did the teaser make you wish you had ordered Healer Director's Cut on DVD? Well, the pre-order sale is reopened, so you still can pre-order your copy with all the pre-order gifts except for the unique number at Innolife (http://tinyurl.com/nmmtgl9). For more information, check the [Notice (in other languages)] forum at http://cafe.daum.net/healerdvd or the Director's Cut tab of the HIFP blog (http://morumoruisland.blogspot.com/search/label/directorsCut)

Guest mywebfoot

@sunshine15 I agree. That scene was brilliant. (So were all the OTP scenes, really. For a writer who is not known for romance writing, SJN sure does romance with a kick). She simultaneously green-lighted him and held up a great big STOP sign. Poor SJH didn't know what to do with himself. Usually all that dilemma is pent up, and most drama write them that way. But it was a phenomenal move to let CYS state it all up front and let the originator of the dilemma, Mr. Healer himself, deal with it. Sexual tension and dilemma - it's a great combination! Another great thing about this scene is that it TOTALLY is a seduction scene. From the Script Lab:"While sex is no doubt one of the most powerful and motivating factors in film and in life, a seduction scene simply centers around one character attempting to convince another character to do something he or she does not want to do."
SJH wants her to give in. CYS wants him to admit it. Neither do. Neither can fight what they want. It's awesome.---@sia3 can't say anything about the feels on the rooftop, since I might have missed it somehow, but I can tell you that wet-eyed look he gave her in the cafe after discovering who she was - I totally got that too. I am personally not fond of the soul-mates/childhood friends trope, but still this scene was very well done for me. The SJH character had the additional layer, beyond meeting his current love/childhood friend, that he was recognizing that he had not only found someone to love him, he had found someone who had ALWAYS loved him. So when he stared at her, I felt that he was realizing that he was no longer alone, and that a big chunk of the hurt of being alone was ALSO being healed, because the woman in his life had been there all along. She had been just as lost as him. A chunk of his family life was returned to him that day. 

@uctqepe methinks both @mywebfoot and I are just trying to follow the great Song Ji Na in making fans hang on after every episode. Will not be a Healer story without the Healer excitement, no? :D The thing i find toughest so far is to write action scenes - because duh, I m just a couch potato. And after reading all your thesis about YS and JH feels, the OTP tension that will cause massive hair pulling is also not quite there because they r married and in love. And the last thing  I want is to create tension by going the makjang way of introducing a third party because that is just NOT for our unique OTP. So, trying to keep to the original spirit of the series further on will be challenging. Let's see what my brain comes up with later . 8->

Guest mywebfoot

@tehlimau is right. OTP tension for fics is hard to write. Once a couple is together much of the tension drains out of the relationship. It's fun for them but not fun for us watching, mostly. 3rd parties are the usual way - another love prospect, but it can also be a bad thing happening to pull them apart, which we saw in healer post ep 15. Thankfully we had Cute-TP to watch and team Healer to cheer for still. :)

the life of healer to be compared to superman??? =)) =)) =)) oh! get real girl!!

one thing, don't get me wrong though, the tight underwear should be worn inside not outside ;))

I'm soooo loving this healer thread because it put a smile on your face regardless it's a mundane Monday  

@sia3
many have already given you there perspective on ep 12 scene where JH says he likes CYS . . I willl give you mine

In ep 10 when teacher tells JH that his dad was suspect for killing a man, specifically one of his close friends. Then JH says that basically his dad is a murderer and he is a thief. That realization was like a knife to his heart, up until YS he had no care of his life had no reason to live. YS gave meaning to his life and his dad is a murderer and he himself a thief, what does he have to offer her. In his mind nothing. Then in ep 11 when he is going on a date with YS, ajumma tells him about the good catch YS is and she can have any guy she wants. Him next to another guy what can he offer if he can't even show her his face.He answers ,he will show her, himself ( which he has no clue who he is at that point). I think here JH is slowly letting his guard down in regards to his feelings for YS. Yes hes love her, but his love is conditional. In that if his dad ,did indeed murder a man, he can't love her. Not that he will stop love her, he just won't feel worthy of her.

Flash forward to ep 12, JH with YS mom, she tells him why did he come all the way from Russia to know about his dad. His response there is, there is a girl he likes and he wants to know if its possible for him to freely like her. Then He finds out that YS is JA, one by his flashback of both of them as children ,then MH calling YS , JA. I think his confrontation with MH,set things in foundation. The foundation of uncondtional love. JH wont believe anything MH says, theyre all lies to him. If MH had the nerve to lie to YS own mother in regards to YS being alive for the past 22 years, what isn't he capable of?, then MS the mastermind of all these lies. JH is fed up with it all. Then JH meets YS and hugs her. I feel that exact moment, he gave up. He gave up trying to find out if his dad is a murderer or not, if he did kill her dad or not. He just loves her and that is that. Borrowing from @mywebfoot post, about JH and YS being friends since childhood, that flashback to me, made JH realize that they were meant to be. What are the odds of two childhood friends reuniting after 22 years due to tragic circumstances and fall in love. The odds are quite slim.

When JH finally tells ajumma that he likes YS , he basically says that he loves her unconditionally. He loves her for her. Independent of his dad killing her dad , that YS is JA, he loves her for her. He fell in love with her, before knowing that tragic truth.Evidence is his flashback of her silly dance with her dad. He even says that what his father, whom he remembers little about,did many years ago has nothing to do with him as long as he didnt kill YS dad.Whatever that outcome, he wants to be by her side and for ajumma to not ask him to run away because he doesnt know how to.

that scene to me is the confirmation of unconditional love. Hope I made sense lol

Gosh it's been awhile since we got one of those 'wrong-side-of-the-bed-wake-uppers-probably-with-a-bad-hangover' types on the thread. I was kind of speechless for a few minutes trying to take it in, because it was so full of anger, and I was wondering why all of us here have had to take the brunt of it. 
Look, friend, whoever you are, if you hate Healer, we hear you and we're OK with that. After all liking or loving something is beyond just being subjective, it's chemistry and more. So if you hated it, that's fine but please take the anger out of this thread and vent it on something else. We're all a pretty happy bunch, and we don't go around campaigning for people to love what we love. We just love it, despite you saying whatever about Superman and all that which is OK and fine with me personally. Incidentally I'm old enough to actually have watched that Superman movie you are talking about, and whilst there are character parallels, I think it's unfair to equate the two. Anyway whatever it is, we all like what we like and let's keep it at that. I didn't like that movie but I'm not about to thrash it here just because. 
So just take yourself and your anger some place else would you please. Thank you.

@azzurri well said! Applause. We have all noted the Clark Kent/Superman parallels but nothing beats our beloved Park Bong Soo, right? Anyway, thanks to haters, I have been given a new idea. @"Ashley Chia" i will try my best to write as fast as possible to prevent any heart failure. Got to protect my readership -

Guest mywebfoot

Dear @JAN
 I was suprised to see such an incisive post here, among the rest of the posters, who are mostly fans of the show now that the show is over. Certainly you have offered a critical review of the show, and I think people with your viewpoints are most needed in shows where the fans may not know what they are really watching. 
You know, I think a poster like you might be needed here. You'll be able to sort out the key theme of the drama and I am sure it will help the fans of that show know the importance (or lack thereof) of what they are watching. Perhaps you can even help them relate it to older movies and themes in other stories? That will really help. 

@everyone else. Yes, I'm bored at work. Can you tell? :D

Guest Leylalinn

Jan...are u jeaolus with us? Hate Healer? Fine. Its ur choice. Dont compared with superman please. Healer aka jung ho aka bong so aka jcw way better than superpowerman. I wacth suoerman superboy spiderman etc...cant make me deep in love with the story or with the cast. This is my first time i am really obsess with some actor. Ji changwook. He act so well inhealer. Pmy too. If u anger with healer Throw ur anger in toilet or other place. This thread is live full of happiness.and i am enjoy here . And i am so glad that im in love with Healer and Jichangwook. Healer healer healer healer u got me baby. :x anyway...ur critic is accepted. Thx

Looks like someone mistakenly stumbled into our Healer party. Like you gals, my reaction was "Huh." Not even "Huh?" Just "huh." Yep, there's a difference. :)) @azzurri @mywebfoot and everyone - you guys rock at addressing the... uhh... slight disturbance. \m/

I see that we have moved on to discussing JCW's jawline and adam's apple. =P~ Should we make a catalog of his body parts now? Btw has no one notice his beautiful nape of the neck and collarbones? Come on! Don't tell me I'm the only one!

Also @mywebfoot Yes, you've updated! *skips off to read* And @tehlimau too! Aweeesomeeee. Thank you so much, you two!

EDIT: CLIFFHANGER!!! ~X(

@mywebfoot Hah! I can totally see Sec Oh and Ahjusshi's resemblance! Loool that was an ingenious move on their part.
@tehlimau Nice of you to include Moon Shik! I wonder how he'll factor in to the plot though?

RE: Shippers' Contest

There are only 3 e-mail addresses left without their corresponding Soompi usernames. Again, please PM me asap. I'm planning to submit the list tomorrow or the day after that. :D

lidyasss17@gmail.com
healerite_aomochida@gmail.com
nayanageorge295@gmail.com

@thirul I still need your e-mail, chingu. I dropped you a message. :)

Thanks!