[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

754496a3jw1epb7t7qsb2g206t05k1j2.gif
OMGGGG this boy sures know how to teaseee us, ok - more like he knows we are going through a withdrawal. So thank you for updating, just about anything I supposed!

JCW updates Weibo and IG

@池昌旭_JiChangWook
원영누나 고마워요!!!! 예아!!! #Aape#NEWERAKOREA
Thank you Won Young noona!!!! Oh yeah!!! #Aape# NEWERAKOREA
005RlXsOjw1epbdllhf01j30dc0hsju6.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/10986137_410152795814265_1163586838_n.jpg

Guest charliew

autumn93 said: I posted this on DB but I thought it would be fitting for soompiers as well:
The five stages of grief as it relates to Healer:

(1) Denial and Isolation

"I don't understand what you're trying to say. What ended?" *covers ears* *lalalalalala* 

(2) Anger

“Everyone, get away from me. I’m VERY fragile right now”

(3) Bargaining

“Please, can we have an epilogue? Just one special episode? Anything…?!?!”

(4) Depression

Crying in corner while drowning self in soju

(5) Acceptance

…...................... (currently does not exist)

What stage are you on? 

autumn93 said: I posted this on DB but I thought it would be fitting for soompiers as well:
The five stages of grief as it relates to Healer:

(1) Denial and Isolation

"I don't understand what you're trying to say. What ended?" *covers ears* *lalalalalala* 

(2) Anger

“Everyone, get away from me. I’m VERY fragile right now”

(3) Bargaining

“Please, can we have an epilogue? Just one special episode? Anything…?!?!”

(4) Depression

Crying in corner while drowning self in soju

(5) Acceptance

…...................... (currently does not exist)

What stage are you on? 

Guest Canavalia

@sia3 Bringer of good news!!! You are awesome! Do not know what most of us will do without you!

:)

) Thank you!!! Been waiting for that interview! =)) Okay, it is so obvious I am so starved of anything Healer-related!!! I mean, I will take Healer crumbs, I will take crumbs! #withdrawalisreal

Okay,... but.. its really just crumbs.

He is asked on the third question what the hardest part was when filming healer.

And his answer is that is was really cold, and that that was quite hard for him and the staff.

He also says that displaying different characters in one (SJH and PBS) was also hard,... but because it was hard it was fun.

Errr.. please dont kill me if i got something wrong. I guess most of you figured that much out anyway... ;)

Guest Canavalia

This reminds me of episode 20 Healer:

60min show - took 90mim to watch oO;

Anybody else melting at 4:33 onwards? ~O)

At this rate I need an hour to watch this... thank you @sia3‌

Guest superpm kpop

@*aniz* You can watch it on myasiantv.com it has 720p videos for watching but they also provide 720p download links for those who like to download their drama! Since Viki won't let me watch from my country (I live in New Zealand for gods sake not the north pole ~X( ) I've done my fair share of searching for good and fast streaming websites and myasiantv.com is the best in terms of downloading as it's one of the only sites that provide HD download links!

dramafire.com is another great alternative to fellow drama addicts who can't access viki :D

Meee too in my country viki doesnt work :((

Guest superpm kpop

Ps: JCW just posted video on ig.... am I feeling delusional or I just heard a woman's laugh and it sounds like PMY's voice???

Lol i thought it sounded like PMY's and YJT's laughter when i first heard it too! I even googled her old interview vids on youtube to hear what her laugh sounded like. Not that it matters anyway - obviously my Changmin/Healer withdrawal symptoms have kicked in!

I think its her voice tooo !!!

Translations of Ji Chang Wook's Tudou Interview (Translated from the chinese subs in the video)

Did you ever imagine Healer to be so popular?
I’m arranging my thoughts, how did I complete Healer… Who did I meet in this process, recalling the wonderful time I’ve spent. In truth, after the filming concluded, I feel relaxed yet sad to part with the drama, and also feel pity about stuffs. Even though it’s good to get some rest, I feel some regrets towards this project.

Motive to act in Healer? 
Healer’s script is interesting. And I think Healer is a character that male actors would all want to try… In the drama, there’s a lot of things that fit with the reality of the society - whether will it be able to let audience enjoy the show, I carried that thought as I acted.

Hardest part in filming?
It was really cold. Is china cold too? /told that china is cold too/
It’s really cold, and there’s a lot of actions scenes so it’s hard. There's also a lot of changing styles.. there’s the two characters SJH and PBS, and I have to portray their different sides respectively, so it’s hard, but it’s fun.

I haven’t felt real towards my popularity in china yet, but China audiences gave me a lot of love, so i’m thankful. Thank you for the support, hope that u all enjoy and i will present a better side to u all in the future.

What's attractive about Healer?
The action scenes in the drama is nice, and the loveline is rly romantic and sweet too. 
The reality about the society is also relayed in a light manner. I think thats the main attraction of this drama.

SJH's charms?
SJH is a lonely and sad kid, with flaws. So everyone will want to hug, protect him. While he is manly and has got strong will to protect others, but his loneliness makes people have the thought to want to protect him. I think that flaw and inferiority gave SJH this character some unique charms.

On working with Park Min Young...
PMY has rly good acting skills. I met her for the first time in this project, and we talked about the drama together a lot. And we have the chemistry in the filming of our loveline. When I was watching our scene tgt on the tv, the scene is really beautiful. 
So my mood is really good and felt happy in the process of acting together.

On his acting...
I actually dont have much skills and methods in portraying emotional scenes. 
I just read the script well and understand it well, and I'll naturally be able to portray well. I think that’s the best method to act those emotional scenes well.

Then he was asked to act with SJH eyes/expressions, and he initially laughed and got awkward and shy. But he recited a line anyway with the SJH expression, the line where he said about the things he like and what he dislike... *cue swooning*

You sang an ost. Plans for album?
I don’t have the intention to release an album, but hopefully a chance to try in the future. Not
 just singing a song but telling my story, i think it will be interesting.

Do you prefer drama or musical?
Drama and movies are different from musical. Dramas and movies tend to be very strict on details to be perfectly done. Musical wise, the audiences are just infront of you, and it's more like a place where actors on stage receive respect. So each of these (drama, movie, musical) has their own attraction.

When u went on Running Man, it caused a hot topic. Are you that blur/naive in real life?
/laughs/ I don’t know if i’m blur in real life. I’m not good in variety shows, and in RM u have to lie to win, i didnt know well the rules, so I think my honesty and directness in that episode makes everyone feels that its interesting and funny as they watched. I even sat on rides, which i dont usually in real life, so I felt scared. My character in real life is not much different from on the show.

What do you do in your free time?
I like to stay at home and meet friends. I
f i meet friends i’ll keep meeting and going out. If i stay at home i’ll keep staying and not step out.

Ideal type?
Not much in terms of looks but have to be able to communicate well with me. 
I think that’s important. Only then, the process of dating can be fun. If both parties cant communicate and are not in the same frequency, it will not be fun.I would get together with someone in the same freq as me

What kind of boyfriend will u be?
I’m not the overbearing type character. So I would probably be gentle and sweet to my gf.

Update weibo on his own? 
Yes I update it personally.

Feelings towards increase in fans? 
I feel happy, that everyone is following me is a happy thing. 
Healer receiving such attention, proved that we are really successful. I hope that everyone will keep supporting my future works, and I will meet everyone in even better future projects

Will u read fan comments? 
Yes. I occassionally will see comments in korean which i understsand. In chinese not really, but the emoticons i understand, so I use emoticon to understand and reply.

He was then asked to speak in chinese that he knows, and he said "what is your name"

I learn chinese in high school, but it's been such a long time, I'm not really good at it anymore. 

What would you be if you're not an actor?
An office worker? A normal worker perhaps.

Where do you see yourself in Ten years? 
Acting in roles i like, living with the person i love

Upcoming?
Healer just ended, so i'll be doing Healer related promotions. Also, to choose my next project carefully and prepare well. And maybe go to china, for a chance to meet china fans.

Greetings to china fans (Tudou is china-based)
I'm Ji Chang Wook, I haven't got the chance to meet everyone until now, but thank you for liking and supporting me so much. Hopefully I'll be able to have a fanmeet soon, and i'll bring better projects in the future, thank you!

Hi guys, have translated the Tudou interview. It's my first attempt, so some parts might be off. Hope that the translated version will make sense!! Enjoy guys!! Off for dinner and will be back lurking later. :D :DAnd an overdue thank you for all the updates, fanarts and fan made videos!! You guys rock!!! :x

Interview:

Some sort of slogan to promote tudou. Hi everyone, I am Ji Chang Wook.

And we have the healer scenes!

Q; Have you expected that “Healer” would be so popular?

JCW: I am still sorting out my thoughts, how did I manage to complete the filming, who have I met in the process, reminiscing the happy times I had. Actually, after completing filming, I feel relaxed, but I do feel sad and have quite a lot of regrets as well.

Q: What made you participated in “Healer”?

JCW: Healer’s script was very interesting. Furthermore, I think “Healer”, this character, is a character that actors would want to try out. There were many parts in the drama that is close to the society, will the viewers be satisfied after watching, I had those in mind when acting.

Q: The hardest part of filming “Healer”

JCW: It was very cold. (laughs) (And he asked) Is it cold in China during winter as well? (Most probably interviewer, answered it’s cold as well) It was really cold during filming. There were plenty of action scenes as well. Filming actions scenes in a cold weather is really toilsome. There were many parts that require the changing of costumes because (I had to) act as SJH and PBS at the same time; (I need to) present the different sides of each character. Even though it was tough, but it was fun as well.

Q: What is the charm of SJH in “Healer”?

JCW: (He drifted off for a bit) Until now, it still feels unreal for the increase popularity. I am very thankful for the attention and love from Chinese fans. Thanks for giving so much attention to the drama, and hope that you guys will be able to (get some fun out of it). In the future, I will present a better side of me to everyone.

The action scenes in the drama was very charming, the romance scenes were very romantic and beautiful. Parts regarding the society were conveyed in a light way. I think that is the charm of our drama.

SJH is a sad and lonely child, which is why everyone will be more inclined to hug or protect him. He is a manly guy, and is a guy with the strong ability to protect others; however his lonely side will ignite people’s desire to protect him. Therefore, the low self-esteem and flaw gives SJH a unique charm.

Q: Evaluate PMY’s performance in “Healer”

JCW: Very good, her acting was really great. I first met her through this project; we talked a lot about this project among ourselves. In terms of romance scenes, we were able to coordinate with chemistry. When (I saw) it on TV, I thought that the scenes of us together was really beautiful. Felt really good and happy during filming.

Q: (Your) acting skills are gaining recognition through this project, do you have any technique?

JCW: Actually, there isn’t any technique or way when expressing emotions. Just read the script and have a deep understanding of the story, naturally (I will be) able to act it out. I think this is the easiest technique and way to emote.

(Interviewer requested for him to emote with his eyes)

JCW: Laughs.

(Interviewer asks him to face the camera)

JCW: Laughs. (Captions: Shy) (And says the line from Ep 20, about what SJH likes.)

(Replaying rooftop date scene)

Q: The OST you sang received positive response, do you have any plans for your solo album?

JCW: Right now, there are no plans to release an album, but if the opportunity arises in the future, (I would) like to give it a try. Not just singing a song, but to narrate my story. I think it will be interesting.

Q: Which one do you prefer? Drama or musical?

JCW: Drama, movie and musical have different charms, drama and movie require delivering details in perfection, while for musical, the audiences are sitting in front of you, is an occasion when the actors on stage receives respect. Each has its own charms.

(Interviewer asked about the time when he appeared on “Running Man”, and it was a topic of discussions) Then they included some parts of him in Running Man. Ep 211 and Ep 212.

Q: In real life, (are you) naïve and direct?

JCW: Naïve, I am not too sure if I am naïve. I am not very good on variety programs, so I don’t know. In “Running Man”, lying and hiding from each other is necessary to win. I was not well aware of that. So when I was showing my sincere and honest side, everyone just thought it was interesting. (I) even had a ride (on Chaos, the ride in gwangju), in real life, I don’t really take rides. So, when I was filming, I was really afraid. My personality in real life is not very different from (what I have showed in) “Running Man”.

Q: When you’re not working, do you prefer to stay at home or hang out with friends?

JCW: I like to stay at home. I like to hang out with friends as well. When I meet friends, I will meet them at once. Once I get home, I will stay at home and will not be willing to go out.

Q: What is your ideal type?

JCW: Appearance wise, no specifications. However, (she) must be able to communicate well with me. The ability to communicate well is more important. This way, it will be more fun when dating. If two people are not able to communicate, not on the same frequency, it will be boring. I will date someone of the same frequency.

(Interviewer: What type of boyfriend do you think you are if you date? Is it the headstrong kind or the gentle type?)

JCW: I am not the strong headed kind; I should be the gentle kind with my girlfriend.

(Interviewer: You have recently opened an account on Weibo, do you manage it personally?)

JCW: Yes, it is managed by me.

(Interviewer: The number of followers has increased tremendously, what are your thoughts on it?_

JCW: I am very happy. To me, everyone giving me so much attention itself is worth being delighted over. “Healer” being able to garner so much attention shows that our project is very successful. In the future I will bring better projects to everyone.

(Interviewer: Do you personally read the replies of fans?)

JCW: Yes. Replies are directly beneath (the post). Sometimes I will get to see comments in Korean, however, I can’t understand a lot of the Chinese comments, but I do understand it from emoticons. I mainly make use of emoticons for replies.

(Interviewer: How about showing us your knowledge of Chinese?)

JCW: (In Chinese) What is your name? I learnt it in high school. I took it as a second language but I don’t really know it well after a long time.

(Interviewer: Your pronunciation is accurate)

JCW: Really?

(Interviewer: If you are not an actor, what occupation will you be in?)

JCW: Office worker. Might be a normal office worker.

(Interviewer: Have you imagined your life 10 years form now?)

JCW: 10 years from now, I will be starring in projects I like, living with the person I like.

Q: What are your plans after “Healer”?

JCW: Just wrapped up filming for “Healer”, so will be having activities related to the drama. Carefully pick for the next project and prepare for it. There is also a possibility (of me) going to China. Will be going to China to greet the Chinese fans.

Q: What do you want to say to the Chinese fans?

JCW: Hi everyone, I am Ji Chang Wook. Until now, I do not have the chance to meet you guys, but you guys are stilling giving me so much support and attention, I am very grateful for that. Hope to have the chance to meet Chinese fans soon. Will be having better projects in the future, so please continue to give your support! Thank you everyone!