[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

class="entry-title" style="font-family: 'Droid Sans', 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.056; border: 0px; border-image-source: initial; border-image-slice: initial; border-image-width: initial; border-image-outset: initial; border-image-repeat: initial; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0.4em; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; color: rgb(46, 46, 41); letter-spacing: -0.04em; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ji Chang Wook expresses his concluding thoughts about “Healer”

wpid-002001100990_99_20150211094322.jpg

Actor Ji Chang Wook expresses his thoughts about “Healer” after the finale.

Ji Chang Wook who had completed his filming said, “I’m very happy to have completed this safely, and more importantly, I’m very happy to have been able to work with such good people. Although it’s a pity, the writer, director, staff, seniors and colleagues have all worked hard and always gave their best to create good scenes.”

As a versatile actor who undoubtedly possesses action and acting skills and a charm that moves the hearts of women, Ji Chang Wook has rediscovered many things about himself through “Healer” and has received attention as a sensation who leads the nighttime entertainment trends.

Ji Chang Wook, who portrayed Healer with his dependable acting till the last episode, was a hot topic of discussion, and his future development is now the focus of attention as he spreads his wings.

*Spoilers of the ending in the original news article have been omitted in this translation

Source:
MBN

http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/02/11/drama-ji-chang-wook-expresses-his-concluding-thoughts-about-healer/

I don't know if it's posted yet (since i always have more than 10 pages to read) #:-S

Here's Koreans view on Healer and Dramabeans recaps:
class="article_post_title entry-title" Korean fans reaction to Dramabeans' Healer Ep. 10 Recap Sunday, January 18, 2015 5 comments

Posting: Translation of a review from an overseas site

Source: Healer DC Inside Gallery

1. Woah.. the review is amazing. Since yesterday, I've thought about how I've been taking Healer too lightly so I'm reflecting. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Thank you to the noonim who interpreted this. I'd like to see more. I think I've found another way to enjoy the drama. 2. This is a review from abroad??? Daebak, I got the feels while reading. It's amazing to read about the depths and their understanding of the drama
http://www.kkuljaem.blogspot.in/2015/01/korean-fans-react-on-dramabeans-healer.html

-----------------------------------------
class="article_post_title entry-title" More on Kfans reaction to Dramabeans Sunday, January 18, 2015 4 comments web_988669479_c2f5343d.jpg

DC Inside: Latest Post from the overseas drama site

1. Woah They're also watching just like us 2. I am so jealous of you who know English ㅜㅜ Are there more? 3. Those emotions in his eyes are  really similar ㅋㅋ 4. Heol you can feel such sincerity from the drawing  5. It's not about the kiss scene itself, but the way he looks at Young Shin before the kiss scene is magical. I so agree with that. I agree once again when I read that "he's trying to memorize every second of it". So touching...What a gem of a review

DC: They broke the best record

1. I wanna know what those comments say but that means I have to study my enemy that is English ㅠㅠㅠ 2. Not yet.. The best record is 2,362 3. The international fans are so cute. They're probably working hard to break it (the K2H record) 4. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They broke it... ㅋㅋ 5. How do I see the international fans' comments? 6. Go to http://dramabeans.com and type in 'Healer' 7. I think they're gonna break it soon ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 8. It's now 2,385 9. They already broke it 10. They're also having a blast ㅋㅋㅋSo cute ㅋㅋㅋ 11. Are you not gonna release this to the media [?] Let Young Shin (Someday)  know that this is a scoop ㅋㅋㅋ 12. Woah ㅋㄱㄱ Already 
http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2015/01/knetz-lurking-on-dramabeans.html

61-healer-episode-03-park-min-young-korean-drama-fashion.jpg
Hey guys,
So I've been keeping a low profile over the past few episodes, not because I've not been enjoying the show, but because Healer had gripped me so hard, that it rendered me speechless...and that's a rare feat. When a drama does that to me, I know it's gold. Since I’ve been rather quiet, it’s going to be a long one! Feel free to skip or skim read, hehe. 
My love affair with Healer started from the very first episode – the moment Ji Chang Wook entered the screen topl…ok, scratch that, I’m lying. Lol oddly enough, the scene which reeled me in was Healer transporting his client on the train, and ajhumma hilariously opened up the wrong doors. They ran out and then that AMAZING kick a** of an instrumental started playing. For some reason, I was sold at that very moment. Upon reflection, I think I fell in love with the dynamics between the lonely Healer and hacker ajhumma – both affectionate in their dialogue, yet still detached. Episode one was all about character for me, and Song Ji Nah has done well to give us well rounded characters on all fronts. Been time since I’ve felt so much for each and every character, including the bad uns, ok, perhaps we can leave out the evil gramps, but you gotta admit, even he left you with the chills in certain scenes. 
Since that first moment, my love had steadily grown with each episode, knowing the ride would be a thrilling one from beginning to end. And I wasn’t wrong. Every episode delivered, so much so, that every ep became my favourite ep; the show had reeled me in good and proper.
Along with the characters, the plot had remained consistent too – never overdoing it, but quietly doing its work, bringing each and every component together, as if it were part of some elaborate jigsaw puzzle. And now, having watched episode 20, the satisfaction that you get with slotting in that final piece of the puzzle, is exactly how I felt. Admiration, pride and a rush of excitement – albeit, all held together with a tinge of melancholy knowing that it’s finally over. 
Just like how one stands back to look at the accomplishment of their toils, I too stepped back, and thought long and hard about my feelings at the end of such a thrilling ride, which lasted 10 whole weeks. Did Healer end on a note I was hoping for it to end on? Did it live up to my expectations after obsessing over it for so long? In the short run, the answer is, YES! Yes, it bloody well did. And even though I had full faith in Song Ji Nah to deliver the goods right up until the very end, I think it natural for viewers to enter a phase of an anxiety when the final ep rolls around, knowing it hits twice as hard when things don’t quite add up to how you imagined them to be. And with the love we had for Healer that pain would have been excruciating. 
Therefore, I entered episode 20 with a ball of nerves, which abated once the end credits started rolling. My initial reaction…? A deep sigh of contentment; I happily relived the things that unfolded, heartily admiring just how well it all came together. 
Upon closer reflection, I found it pretty genius as to how all the threads came together in this final episode, which due to my personal greed, seemed so short compared to the others!! The hour just flew past, leaving me asking for more! I demand a part 2! 
I love how the nostalgia was back in episode 20 – it’s one of the things I loved about this show; the glimpses of past relations, flashbacks, character monologues and the change in generation. The past was significant, and remained so right up until the very end. The fact that Moon Shik’s past became the ghost of his present/future was genius story telling. In this regard, the past generation served a much higher purpose than mere lessons to be learnt, they enriched the present narrative as a way of serving justice and giving Moon Shik his just deserves. By the end of it all, despite his riches, his life became an empty shell and he became trapped in the very grave he dug for himself. The mere fact that he saw himself as Gil Han showcases just how pathetic he’d become. And yet, I found myself sympathising with such a sorry soul too. It was as if he wished for the life of the dead; an exchange for his present self – 30 years of living life which amounted to nothing in comparison to Gil Han’s life of 10 years, through which he experienced love, friendship and loyalty. Seeing his life through the lens of a friend he betrayed must sting. There was no doubt that Moon Shik was the green eyed monster, and it’s a destiny which he chose for himself. His seeing the ghost of Gil Han strongly reminded me of the ghost of Banquo in Shakespeare’s Macbeth – just like how Macbeth had murdered sleep, it seems appropriate that Moon Shik too would remain disturbed for the remainder of his life. They couldn’t have ended his character in a better way.    
And how awesome was it that we got to hear the answer to that long lost question of freedom? Myung hee finally found the freedom she was seeking, and there was no better way to show that than having her leave Moon Shik for good, and letting her reunite with her daughter. Justice prevailed in the end, just as she hoped it would. And I do like how she became the voice for freedom right up until the very end, giving closure to the past of 1992. 
Her scene with Yong Shin was beautifully done too. Nothing dramatic or overly sentimental…her going through Yong Shin’s childhood album was a beautiful way of capturing all that she had lost. Her emotions were open to us all so that we could share her joy and sadness along the way, knowing what a struggle it must have been for her to reach this point. 
And what can we say about our Healer team 2.0!? How awesome were these four!!? Seriously, Song Ji Nah is a master at making the small details count. And this episode was all about the small details. Blink, and you miss it.
First off, Hacker ajhumma!! Ok, she is, hands down, the epitome of cool. Her colourful language, her no nonsense attitude, her abrasive attitude towards Hacker ajhussi, her endless knitting, singing & dancing, her being irked by Moon Ho’s pen rolling (LOL), and her constant replays of “heloooooooo” – ah ajhumma, you flipping rocked the entire drama! And though she’d hate to admit it, I do love how affectionate she was towards Jung Hoo, albeit in a crude way. Her interaction with every character was just brilliant, and a lot of that’s down to the way Kim Mi-Kyung played her. Oh, and I totally shipped her with Hacker ajhussi! Gotta love em.  
Moon Ho ya!! Ok, who else squealed when Jung Hoo addressed him as “samchoon” – I swear my heart felt all warm and fuzzy afterwards. Such a simple yet endearing way to address someone, especially coming from Jung Hoo, who’s always shied away from forming close relations due to general distrust/for fear of losing them or getting abandoned. Equally significant, was for Moon Ho to hear that word, for he equally lived a life of loneliness and despair – living lukewarmly as he called it. It was a nice way of permanently re-forming their childhood bond, whereby Moon Ho had always been somewhat of a guardian to Jung Hoo. 
By the end of it all, Moon Ho had no words left for his brother. That silence said it all. It was a great way of revealing how with every bond broken, another is formed. And in Moon Ho’s case, he got back a loving family that he’d most likely always dreamt of. Just he and his noona – that was enough for him to be able to live life fully again. As a character, I really appreciated how subdued he was. Yet, his presence in every scene always created that much needed impact, and that’s all down to Yoo Ji Tae’s skilful acting. His very presence demanded attention, and rightly so. Again, his interaction with each and every character was just overtly charismatic – be it with YS’s dad, his noona, Jung Hoo, Yong Shin, his brother, and of course, his co-workers too. And I loved the look of amazement he had on his face when he first caught a glimpse of Ajhumma’s true face – LOL so like Jung Hoo.
And that OTP…man, if ever there was such a delicious pairing, these two are it. So much trust, so much respect, so much sincerity in their love for one another. I loved how natural Yong Shin and Jung Hoo were in their interactions, be it as co-workers or lovers. Individually, they shined anyway, but together, they really did create something magical, did they not!?
Even though their love line became somewhat secondary in the final few eps, I loved how Jung Hoo always placed Yong Shin as his first priority, be it when he was fighting, dealing with the opposition, or remaining hidden from the rest of the world. She pretty much became his reason for living, and Ji Chang Wook expressed that through every single one of his expressions. 
And it was a mutual kind of love, which I really appreciated. He didn’t just give, give and give, and she didn’t just take, take, and take. They helped each other along, became the other’s source of solace and communicated their feelings to one another with such honesty and grace, that it was refreshing to see. 
Sometimes, the couple didn’t even have to say anything. Their actions (those tight embraces, those gentle kisses & those soul searching gazes) would say it all. By the end of it, their relationship was such, that they had no problem finishing each other’s sentences off. That scene where he fought off the bad guys, protecting both Yong Shin and her family – twas superb. He was so macho when fighting the thugs, but fumbled once he stood in front of Yong Shin’s appa, so much so, that Yong Shin ended up explaining everything on his behalf, and he just readily complied, LOL. What a great way to greet the parents! Loved how this scene was incorporated too, not only did he reveal his true identity to the dad, but also how sincere he was in his love for Yong Shin by always being there to protect her from harm’s way, and respect her knowing that she’s the daughter of someone. That almost kiss - you had me there Jung Hoo, lol. Must have taken a lot of self-restraint to hold back though...atta boy.  
Gangster ajhussi was super cool too, lol the moment he spoke up to him (Jung Hoo) in respectful terms, once witnessing how bada** he was when fighting, was pure comedic gold.  I was so looking forward to their reappearance in one scene, and we got it! 
And last, but by no means least, Jung Hoo and Yong Shin’s honest descriptions of each other, their likes and dislikes. What beautiful monologues. The dialogue between them has always been sweet and honest, yet, they managed to convey all the sweetness without it sounding overly cheesy. And that’s all down to Park Min Young and Ji Chang Wook’s natural acting. (That smile he threw her way, whilst she was interviewing in the toilets - even at such a crucial moment *whistles*) 
The way they so lovingly described the other was just…seriously. This was one onscreen couple that made me blush even when they exchanged nothing but innocent looks. Ahh, just thinking back to it…there were so many satisfying moments to this final episode; it’s mind boggling how they fit it all in!
P.s. I almost died during the master fake out at the end – I literally paused the video when the gun shot sounded and Jung Hoo fell to the ground…!! Lol how awesome was that entire plan though!? I was pretty much *whooping* and *fist bumping* throughout it all!! And when Moon Ho gave that wink and forcibly covered his eyes *wipes tears* too good man, too good. 
Well, that’s me done. Sorry for the ridiculously long post – just wanted to air my final thoughts before going back to lurking mode! And many thanks to all you healerites for bringing so much life and energy to this thread! Loved reading you all! x

My heart broke a little today. I have watched k-dramas since 2000 with Winter Sonata - it has been a long 15 years. Drama watching is a strange business: some you watch like a regular viewer out of habit or have nothing better to do; then there are those which you are addicted and cannot wait for the next episode. Then there are those you cannot get enough of on-screen, so you start searching off-screen for information on the actors, writer, watch Youtube videos etc. Then the rarefied few that make you overflow with feelings, that YOU.JUST.HAVE.TO.GET.OFF.YOUR.CHEST. And so you start haunting forums for like-minded people in the same position as you, and then you start posting, and for that few weeks, real life seems faraway and dream-like, the drama becomes real life.

And because the drama people becomes so real to me, I start to imagine their lives and thoughts off screen, to the point I needed to regurgitate in words as fan-fic. That is my point of no return.

I have engaged in Soompi only thrice: Queen In-Hyun's Man, You From Another Star and Healer. And I wrote fanfics only for YFAS and Healer - and Healer I started writing earlier.

Thanks you Healer fans. I may not be very active in posting, but I sure as hell camped here and laughed and squealed with each of you.

And wait for it, I will write another compendium to the ending.

I am still at loss for words since last night....I don't even know where to start ^#(^ 

I joined soompi in 2011 and watched several dramas prior to that but Healer is the very first drama that made me do live recapping although I suck at it bec. I only wr0te what I understand thru their actions since I cannot comprehend Hangul.

I didn't have high anticipations for this drama before it started bec. 1) am not a fan of PMY (but this drama brings out the fan in me, seriously) 2) I don't know much about JCW for I have only seen him in 'Have You had Coffee with an Angel' and I was not so into him after watching that mini drama and lastly, I have only seen YJT once in the erotic film 'Secret Love' and although he impressed me, it didn't made me follow him and his other projects. you see, I really don't have interest with the main cast that is why I didn't have high expectations on this show but as soon as I saw the highlight trailer... voila! everything in me turned upside down - it was just a 6-minute l0ng teaser but I was hooked right away! I mean who wouldn't? seeing JCW with those awesome stunts, running with outfit so cool swoon, plus the beautiful BGM, gaaaaah..... I was completely sold and since then this show has become the center of my drama-watching life.....

thank you Healer for introducing me to Ji Chang Wook, I am now a fan....

thank you writernim for a well thought out script....

thank you PDnim for the beautiful sceneries....

thank you all the rest of the actors/actresses, staff/crew and the rest of Healer production team for a job well done - KUDOS to you guys!

and lastly thank you big time HEALERITES/HEALERIOUS and the rest of Healer soompiers for I have now met a new family in you guys, let's all continue this journey in the future....I love you all

:-*

Wow! I downloaded the RAW during my lunch time and came home and the subs were out for Healer Ep. 20. That was fast!

Hear ye! Hear ye! Thoughts and more thoughts!

Again, I want to thank the live recappers, commentators, translators, lurkers and Soompi members for their utmost dedication to providing the thread with laughs, convos and heartfelt memories with what Healer has brought us.

Episode 20 - What went through my head-time
1. Video - SJHs love confession to CYS for the JUST-IN-CASE-SOMETHING-HAPPENS-TO-ME genre.
2. Plans, Plans and more Plans - How to plot and win by going undercover and teaming up with the baddies. Genius plan of "fake" death (obviously SJN writer-nim watches too many movies and TV shows)
3. Daebak OTP and what-the-crack additional love lines for everyone hahahaha!!!
4. When the guy that was suppose to kill the informant was THE SAME BADDIE DUDE from your previous Monday-Tuesday drama (WHAT!?!?!?!?)

There are loose ends that could have been cleared before the drama ended but I wouldn't want SJN-nim, PD-nim, the cast and crew to have done it differently. It might not have been what we all wanted (duh! I seriously wanted to see YS and JH with kids and pets too). But at least we know that our OTP is together and will be fighting for each other and their loved ones whatever the cost.

Thank you, Healer cast and crew.

As we can see all the romance scenes in ep 20... Their eyes contact... So real... Full of love... I think they are started dating for real. Also in the roof top back hug... He added kiss on hand and cheeks it seems so rush.. Because it's a out of script gesture.. And also they also smiles after kissing scenes.. With laugh of love... And the way JCW looking at her so different now... First filming his eyes tell that he amaze by her.... And started to like her.. Even in the interviewed he so amazed by her... But as the episode gone by... His eyes...is so intense so deep love... And also so caring...yauuuwww I want a man like this ...so full of love and caring....start dating please...