[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

I have give a big =D> to the children in the drama aren't they really good. Unfortunately I can't log in from computer because I would absolutely love to post a few scene and pics of these children. They did really good casting them.

Guest charliew

Awesome art pic from Tanyagreece's IG... She made it herself..Btw I asked her permission to post her Healer pic in this thread..I hope she is stop by at soompi :)
4o2diaXT.jpg:small

http://youtu.be/pRfsIpNOWfQAs promised I made a video with the song suggested by our Ching here (Hurts - Somebody to die for) and for @hyuntaesun also, whom I promised a new fmv :)I hope you will enjoy it! One other much heartwarming it is on the way! Fighting team Healer!!!!!

Guest FRILLYOBJECT

Just a note after rewatching episode 10 ( I can't help it...I had to rewatch it!)

The part where BS gave YS her boots and we are all swooning how sweet of him.

I realise apart from him being considerate and sweet.
It was because he notice that someone was watching him/them at the carpark,
and he purposely get YS her boots getting her ready and
was planning escape plan from the police tailing.
Like how he can always calculate and plan his moves.

Btw, someone mention shipping the jiji couple?!!
Ji chang wook and Yoo Ji Tae?
What a brilliant idea~!
What is a Kdrama without some proper bromance!
Count me in, I am boarding the ship~ if the ship ever set sail that is..
Haha~

Monday is so far away...
lala~

may I ask, does anyone know?, it was said in this drama so far?, why and how Jung Hoo as erand boy received the code name Healer? if he chose it, what was His reason?Maybe so, I came to understand   why in  a drama that has the title Healer, there is a character named Healer, which is present from the very beginning of  broadcasting, in fact the story is not about the Healer but about the mission of the press and the journalist, to be the healer of community?I find this a little TrickyWhen I buy a cookbook I expect to be about food!
if the story wants to be about as Healer, an erand  boy ends up being the journalist who heal the society of bad habits, then I found it a little too diluted the plot in this regard and too focused on other characters.But I think I've said this before ... sorry if I bore you!!
~:>

btwnot found so great idea to become a journalist, on the contrary is very dangerous, look what happens in France these days !!

carmens said: may I ask, does anyone know?, it was said in this drama so far?, why and how Jung Hoo as erand boy received the code name Healer? if he chose it, what was His reason?Maybe so, I came to understand   why in  a drama that has the title Healer, there is a character named Healer, which is present from the very beginning of  broadcasting, in fact the story is not about the Healer but about the mission of the press and the journalist, to be the healer of community?I find this a little TrickyWhen I buy a cookbook I expect to be about food!
if the story wants to be about as Healer, an erand  boy ends up being the journalist who heal the society of bad habits, then I found it a little too diluted the plot in this regard and too focused on other characters.But I think I've said this before ... sorry if I bore you!!
~:>

btwnot found so great idea to become a journalist, on the contrary is very dangerous, look what happens in France these days !!

@carmens what I'm afraid is that one of our leads might get hurt :( journalists and their career is one of the most dangerous jobs in some countries ex, Mexico is one of them too. An activist/journalist got kidnap yesterday but not by organized crime but for the governor of that state and this is well known in the country.

I remember KMH wanted to CYS to become famous so it will be hard for someone to harm her but sometimes that's not the case. Specially if they going against powerful people

K-Drama Feature: 10 Male drama characters everyone wants to date

January 8, 2015 @ 6:49 pm

Seo Jung Woo from 'Healer'

misc_1420752455_20150108_HEaler.jpg

Working under the code name 'Healer,' Seo Jung Woo appears by Young Shin's side whenever she is under critical condition. He has amazing attention to detail and remembers little details about Young Shin in order to protect her. He's also quick with his feet and thinks at a faster pace than others, completing difficult tasks using his wit and knowledge. Aside from his rather cold heart, he still has a warm side and is just waiting for someone to arrive to understand and 'heal' him.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/01/k-drama-feature-10-male-drama-characters-everyone-wants-to-date

chickpea said:

Greetings.  I've been reading this thread for a while but had nothing to say until today having watched Ep. 10 with subtitles, and the translation from Dramabeans of the subtitle of the Healer booklet that Bong Soo finds in Moon Ho's apartment--"the media eists to diagnose and heal this society's pains"--

If this is the case, then isn't Moon Ho the real Healer, or rather, aren't there several different healers in this drama (I'll get to that in a minute)...  If the original Healer was the underground publication intended to put the truth out there to heal society's ills, then isn't that eactly what Moon Ho is doing and isn't that why he has such integrity as a reporter.  Also, I now "get" what the kids were broadcasting from the back of that truck as it was speeding down the alleyways looking for "him" or "the kid" as they called him, they were looking for the Healer, that person who would courageously put the truth of society's ills out there for all to see and begin to heal.

It seems the original Healer dream got co-opted by Evil Elder and corrupted by Moon Shik's obsession with his friends' wife so it went underground, preserved by the Teacher and Detective Jo--and I'm wondering what her connection to the original team is, like was she investigating the death of Bong Soo's Dad or is she the person who sent Teacher to prison?  But she seems to have long history and familiarity with this group and its past.

But I digress...  So the Healer goes underground and here the metaphors abound.  The purpose of the media is to bring to light, to epose, the things others would like to keep hidden.  The image of going underground is the opposite, shedding no light, keeping things hidden and the role of the Healer transforms from a hero for truth to a "night courier" with no ethical standards ecept money.  Oh how the mighty have fallen!  As Bong Soo so aptly put it, (with Healer going underground) his father becomes a murderer and he becomes a thief.

And this is why there is and are so many opportunities for a Healer in this drama.  Before this group can heal society, it must first heal itself.  The death's of Young Shin's father and Bong Soo's father and the aftermath need to be brought to light and dealt with and I think this is where Moon Ho is trying to go and where his brother is determined he will not go.  If not for Teacher, who knows where young Jung Hoo would have ended up.  It was teacher who raised him to adulthood and trained him and this is a kind of healing.  What is Ahjumma's role in all this?  Is she rebelling against some injustice in the legal system that she thinks needs to be healed?  And, obviously, Jung Hoo and Young Shin both need to be healed of their pasts, their loneliness, their apparent lack of roots and, of course, the evil perpetrated on them by, I think, Evil Elder. 

Anyway, it seems to me the key here is what Moon Ho appears to be after, solving the mystery of what happened to that original Healer group and when and how and why... and isn't that what good reporting is all about....