[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Guest Cinderella1

celyw said: err... I also think JCW looked familar to LMH....  X_X dun bash me  b-( 
anyway I'm really impressed with his acting in ep 10, he is very good with all the emotion management and his face expressions from happy, anger, lovesick, etc were just right not overacting.
PMY shi, I like her acting in healer very much, think she matured alot since I last watched her in CH (dun really like that drama, ok dun bash me again  b-(  8-} )

Guest JCWStalker

Cinderella1 said: celyw said: err... I also think JCW looked familar to LMH....  X_X dun bash me  b-( 
anyway I'm really impressed with his acting in ep 10, he is very good with all the emotion management and his face expressions from happy, anger, lovesick, etc were just right not overacting.
PMY shi, I like her acting in healer very much, think she matured alot since I last watched her in CH (dun really like that drama, ok dun bash me again  b-(  8-} )

@ azzurriNo need to be sad for JH, he is his own rival like you said - he's not totally out of the equation. In consolation, at least he knows YS still likes him! It'll probably be frustrating for him because you know men & their er... hormonal instincts, LOL. They like to have skinship with loved ones, and he's going to pent up with sexual desire like daejang, ahahahaha! Oh SJN, if she does go to this for Healer too, omg, hahaha. And worse, there are so many more possible Choong Suk in Healer than there were in Faith. I think I'll start sharpening my knives now... *facepalm*
Oh and the part of him willing to give up everything to be beside YS, I think that's just because there is nothing important for him to give up. It's not like being Healer is something he had always wanted to be. I believe it was just something he's good at, just a job & nothing more - not done with enthusiasm or out of love.
@rrsmkiI think next time YS will look up. Jung Hoo has given her a huge piece of information about himself - "I like to look at people from above, and they can't see me". I don't think Jung Hoo slips his tongue, but I think he did say it because he wants her to get to know him better :x She's a smart cookie, so I'm sure she will start piecing the clues together soon. :)
To be honest, I feel 70/30 on the stalk-to-protect and kiss-without-knowing-his-looks set up in this drama. Logically, it's less romantic & impossible to fall in love with someone we never really know, BUT, I am not letting it get to me because it is after all - just a drama, and an awesome one too. So, I should just enjoy it instead of nitpicking it. 
Random Thoughts:I see a lot more praises for JCW and analysis on his character - I find this is because the writer always put more effort characterizing the male lead in Kdrama, and being female ourselves, we tend to be more attracted to the guys too. Not to mention SJN creates such broken male characters that trigger our mother instincts - making us want to love / hold him close ourselves and wish for him to find happiness.
Er... back to the point, I feel that we spend less time praising how well PMY is in delivering her performance as YS. I must say I am quite happy that she finally got herself one of the best written female characters in Kdrama, and if only the industry/media acknowledge this, so that she gets more good roles in future. She's definitely gotten better, though not to the extent of the more experienced 30s actresses in the industry, but definitely is catching up & in par with the current 20s. Yay!
It's difficult (for me) to extend my focus on YS when my mind is preoccupied by JH's tortured soul, but I really like YS's spunk - she can be weak and vulnerable during dangerous times, and I admire her speedy recovery to the norm when she's out of danger. It's not that she isn't scared; she just choose to embrace her fear & look on the bright, positive side - this has to be the upbringing by her foster parents & ex-convict buddies, right? And now I get why she sings - she learnt it from foster dad. It's a bit sad that she's more like a secondary character as compared to JH's, although one can't exist without the other, and since I already lack the space to analyse another character in depth; I'll just be content with what we have now. Maybe someone else can do a better job for YS, LOL.
Moon Ho is another greatly written character, and Yoon Ji Tae is doing superb as him. It did take me a while longer to warm up to him because he is complex & difficult to read. I think Javabeans said it all, so I'll just skip! :P 
I really like SJN's writing and her ability to give multiple actors such layered and challenging characters to play (I don't find many writers can have such coverage in kdramas). It must be inspirational to work with her. But I'm sad that her work isn't garnering as much attention as she should get for such good writing. 
Apart from writing layered characters, as we can see from Healer - she's so good at keeping us in suspense. She reveals bits & pieces of puzzles slowly, but (frustratingly) not enough for us to piece the whole thing together - so she keeps us curious, yet strangely, we don't feel bored or taken aback with her withholding the info from us. If only her books (if there is any apart from Faith) are translated, so I can drown myself in them, get acquainted with her writing style.

When he confessed, he actually said something like "I'll be whoever you want me to be, if you let me stay by your side"... Don't you find it the sweetest and also most desperate thing he could say to another human being? I was very moved by his sincerity and straightforwardness... He is so hungry for love that he is beginning to think that he doesn't deserve it, he is not worthy enough.

jerboa83 said: When he confessed, he actually said something like "I'll be whoever you want me to be, if you let me stay by your side"... Don't you find it the sweetest and also most desperate thing he could say to another human being? I was very moved by his sincerity and straightforwardness... He is so hungry for love that he is beginning to thing that he doesn't deserve it, he is not worthy enough.

Guest CatyRae

last time i was on here was cause i loveeeeed doctor stranger but that show went batshit crazy! So far im loving this show, i really dont like any currently airing shows besides this one. The OTP is the besttttttttttttttt

'Healer' Always Ends On Ji Chang Wook

5g85qkqwu3jupa0de4hqvo9kbpvciw9c.jpg
[by Nawael Khelil] The public now considers Ji Chang Wook as an ‘ending man’.

The more you go deeper in KBS 2TV’s current Mon-Tues drama, ‘Healer’ the better Ji Chang Wook gets. And as a proof of acknowledgment, the production team let him end every single episode, from 1 to 10 (so far). 

The actor plays Seo Jung Hoo. Seo has primordial role for the dramatic deployment of the series, actively going from Kim Moon Ho (Yoo Ji Tae) to Chae Young Shin (Park Min Young). The last episode’s ending shows him opening a box that holds all the secrets from his past, including the reason why his father (Ji Il Joo) committed suicide. 

With this role, Ji Chang Wook is actually at the core of the plot. Every episode ends on one of his performances that get the public even more curious about the upcoming happenings. Also, as the audience is satisfied with his acting and influence over the series, the excitement of seeing him again the next day/week adds to the success. 

Meanwhile, ‘Healer’ airs every Monday and Tuesday on KBS 2TV. (photos are captures of KBS 2TV’s ‘Healer’)   

I just finished 9 & 10 and all I can think about is WHAT THE HELL DID I GET MYSELF INTO!! I seriously have a soft heart and all this is affecting me immensely... But I guess I'm not the only one, maja. I feel sooo lost right now (watched 5 eps in a row 8-> ) 
 On a serious note does KMH love MH as a Noona or as a woman? How long would it take Healer to discover KMH's brother involvement in both fathers death? I mean it wouldn't be revealed now cos it would seem too soon as there's 10 more eps to go. I don't understand KMH, if he thought (from the beginning)  Healer is untrustworthy and could switch sides at any point why did he keep contacting him after the DNA result. 

Ohhh Mol Lah (Yo is add ;)) for unnie(s) and oppa(s) out there haha), I really don't know. I'm so carried away with OTP that when things get heated I'm like  8-}  @-)  (:|   Amuten... I will just keep doing that for now(being carried away that is)  :D

so happy I picked up this drama... very good and interesting.Ji Chang Wook  acting skills have improved a lot over the years.. He didn't give me a good impression when I saw him in Baek Dong So. He was really awkward in that. But last drama with Ha Ji Woo was sooo much better.

Healer fighting!

Ok help me with my theory.. So far this is what I have put together what happened to CYS and JH dads.. They kill CYS dad makes it look like JH dad killed him for money and then set JH dad car up for and accident to make it look like suicide for his guilt because supposedly it was his friend he killed for money.. So from what I also think is that KMS somehow got found out for something he was writing maybe in a school report or whatever so they caught his brother but knew everything about all of them because of what KMS had told them this is how the old man knew KMH had a crush on MY and used her as a bargaining chip but they need her reporting skills just as dead as her legs so she couldn't go digging and find out what really happened..  

So if someone else got a different theory let me read it..  

Guest shinomorisagara

selenette said: AdelaM said: @shinomorisagara thank you for suggesting that song! I will try to make a video with Healer and Teacher interactions till now! But I don't think I could do it now tho! It's way past my sleeping time and tom it's working day (midnight here now :))

Dialogue is so good in this drama
Funny line in episode 10 when CYS says to PBS (in the garage scene when he gives her comfortable shoes) 
"Ah Park Bong Soo, You are growing to be more perceptive. It is growing like a corn that has been fed growth hormones."    =))
Is that a Korean saying? 

I still can't get over the issue with the phone. I'm most curious about whether it was a mistake in plot that they put the phone in Bong Soo's coat or it was intentional. If it's the latter, we don't know why would Bong Soo need the phone - did he want to secretly return it to Young Shin at the rooftop? Or he wanted to repair it first so he was just simply carrying it everywhere with him? There was also a great theory at Dramabeans (by Snickers):When Jung-hoo finds out the broken cell phone has been discovered, all he has to do as Healer is to preemptively contact Moon-ho saying that he had recovered the cell phone and slipped it into the bag. He couldn’t personally hand it to Young-shin due to Moon-ho’s “no personal contact” instruction. Moon-ho might think this way anyway without any prompting from Healer.
This is a very awesome way out, but I'm afraid Jung Hoo won't come up with it on the spot unless he had it all planned from the start.
Nevertheless, it is still early to say confidently that now Moon Ho knows, because there are still ways for Bong Soo to move suspicion away. Since it's episode 10, is most likely that Moon Ho will accept the explanation or will get suspicious but accept it at least partly. Then he should do something that would require to have Bong Soo and Healer at one place to verify.
But actually it is also questionable whether Bong Soo needs these excuses - the prosecutor has almost discovered that Bong Soo identity is fake, and for this he only needs to open his e-mail.

I have a query. Is Healer actually popular, or garnering lots of attention in Korea? I know how much people love it at DB and Soompi, but I don't feel that it's as hyped up as Pinocchio or previously, e.g. YWCFTS. From the Chinese-concentrated websites/SNS I frequent, I also don't see as much activities as I had hoped... so yeah, just wondering what's the actual general consensus in Korea.
@mywebfootThat's a really good insight you've written. The Kim brothers do seem more central now, and I guess that's because the present (effect) is linked to whatever happened in the past (cause); and the only two people that knew the truth are the Kim brothers. 
I actually LOL @ you saying, 'this is getting long' - it's funny because I felt exactly the same each time SJN made me do a word vomit. It's like I 'need' to get the thoughts out, or else my brain will explode - but then reading more posts, thoughts accumulate again. ~X(

Guest blossomnagr

czakhareina said:

The more you go deeper in KBS 2TV’s current Mon-Tues drama, ‘Healer’ the better Ji Chang Wook gets. And as a proof of acknowledgment, the production team let him end every single episode, from 1 to 10 (so far). 

The actor plays Seo Jung Hoo. Seo has primordial role for the dramatic deployment of the series, actively going from Kim Moon Ho (Yoo Ji Tae) to Chae Young Shin (Park Min Young). The last episode’s ending shows him opening a box that holds all the secrets from his past, including the reason why his father (Ji Il Joo) committed suicide. 

With this role, Ji Chang Wook is actually at the core of the plot. Every episode ends on one of his performances that get the public even more curious about the upcoming happenings. Also, as the audience is satisfied with his acting and influence over the series, the excitement of seeing him again the next day/week adds to the success. 

Meanwhile, ‘Healer’ airs every Monday and Tuesday on KBS 2TV. (photos are captures of KBS 2TV’s ‘Healer’)   

czakhareina said: