[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first of all thanks to everyone who posted the summaries and translations here. really appreciate it. i do find this episode rather underwhelming, but i guess it's a bridge episode that lays the premise for future conflicts as the first major story arc tee phu foie came to a head. the first 4 episodes of the 15 episode season did focus on just those 3.this episode brings us no closer to figuring out what happens next in their story. i don't see how phu can make amends with both thee and toei without coming clean to them about everything.Bomb thinks Phu is gay but she doesn't ram it down his throat the way thee, toei and Phu's mom did in season 1. toei in season 2 actually made his sexuality irrelevant when she tells him his gay question doesn't bother him because he makes her happy. Phu doesn't refute Bomb.Phu is essentially dealing with 2 dllemmas: 1st he has to figure out who he is. that issue is somewhat relayed but necessarily independent of how he treats his partners. he was rather controlling and selfish towards thee and toei---even when he was doing stuff for them he was doing it for the greater glory of phu. that's why i keep on joking that phu needs to watch Frozen and realise that love isn't just about happiness, but that love is also about putting someone' else's interest above your own. i think unless and until he achieves a certain level of selflessness, none of his relationships will work.which way will he go? gay or not? i guess we can take a cue from what march and Tou said in hormones homeroom season 1: their story is about love that knows no gender. question now is who does he feel more for? Toei or Thee? my instinctive answer would be toei because he did leave thee for her. but my sense is that eventually toei and phu will sorta become like will and grace. on the other hand,  thee is the one that fits into the love knows no gender theme. thee is the one he kept holding onto no matter what. and he is the only guy phu has sex with, while he has had sex with 2 other women. which means he can replace the women, but there will only be one man for him. and it's thee. i'd like to believe that once he's figured out himself, ( and that includes learning to manage his feelings ---whether, love, crush, lust) it will still be thee. unfortunately for him it might be too late for him and thee already.

i saw this episode same day i saw swimmers. i must say Phu did well by his own standards. I think it was hard for him to stand out in the first 4 episodes because he's always overshadowed by the performances of Punpun and Tou. Tou and March ;s chemistry together is way off the charts but march and pun pun have none. march actually has good chemistry with Gao in Swimmers. they also played well in that advertorial they did for a juice drink along with Tor. i wonder if Punpun and Tou will have chemistry together. hahahaha. but i think march and you deserve their own movie, a comedy maybe. hahaha
as for Bomb---yes she reminds me of the english teacher in season 1. i don't like the fact that they had sex because to me them having sex was unnecessary to the story. Phu needed someone to talk to, to listen, to help him figure things out. he already has too much sex. on every other respect, i like Bomb's role in the story.
i see a bit of foreshadowing in that Phu seemed comfortable around  Bomb's gay and lesbian friends, that Phu thinks Bomb looks like a tomboy (which means she somehow looks like a guy) and that Phu and Bomb discussed their sexual histories with Phu not flinching when Bomb said he looks gay.
Phu used to be defensive about the subject of his sexuality. but these 3 incidents seem to suggest he's somehow beginning to calm down and figure out stuff. Bomb actually hits Phu's dilemma on his view on relationships right on the head when she talks about his cheating ways. i like how it came up in the conversation separate from the talk on sexuality early on. in fact they didn't discuss sexuality that much. it was more like, it is what it is.
these are all just guess work on my part. :-)

i like how tar and toei grew up this season. i adore tar's relationship with his mom. i love the counselling he's provided to the other characters. he's become the voice of reason for the show. i don't quite think he and tar will become anything more than friends. i don't think tar and pang will last and its because primarily pang takes to tar like a fan girl. 
i don't think toei has intimacy issue. i think it's more because she's such a straight man trapped in a woman's body that she doesn't easily sense when the attention she's getting from a guy is because of admiration for her as a woman or she's being treated as one of the boys. i know of many women who are like that and these women are the ones who have to be swept off their feet,, otherwise, they won't know love even if it hit them in between their eyes.

One thing that has been really solid for Phu's character the past two weeks: He's consistent with his past self, which is something the character needs to overcome audience response and have both a character and an arc. :)

In the space of days, he goes from having make-me-feel-better sex with Thee to having make-me-feel-better sex with P'Bomb. Do we still have any doubts that he has desires to have sex with both men and women?

As to the emotional side of his sexuality, I'm pretty sure everyone admits that he was emotionally involved with Thee in Season 1. In Season 1, he says his problems start because he starts to develop feelings for Toei. Of course, Toei and Thee both tell him he's fooling himself or not to fool himself -- and a lot of people invested in Toei and Thee's points of view, accepting them as potentially true. But now again in Season 2, Phu reiterates to P'Bomb that his whole confusion began because he had more feelings for Toei than for Thee. Phu: "Am I wrong? ... to trust my feelings." This is a full year after S01E06. He's still stuck in the same place, and he still understands what happened to himself the same way. P'Bomb listened to him and even offered her own experience. So Phu seems to have had and be capable of some degree of emotional intimacy with both men and women (enough to confuse him).

The women Phu has actual chemistry with are sort of 'masculine' (Toei for one set of reasons, P'Bomb for another set of seasons). And that's interesting. Apparently Phu only has chemistry with a rather small subset of women? They have to be a bit masculine for him to be interested in something more than sex? Maybe? But other than this, the sides of Phu's sexuality related to sexual activity and the emotional extent of his past relationships have been very pretty firmly established now: both men and women to some extent. And all this without just slapping a label on him. Everything is written in the narrative of the story. I think it's been well done, and it's pretty hard to ignore.

Maybe all the attention that his arc has received is worth it. For me, it's feeling worth it. :)

:)

carlosc said: Bomb thinks Phu is gay ... Phu doesn't refute Bomb.

like i've said i have a huge crush on March but i think he still has a long way to go before he gets the acting ranges of Punpun and tee. there are times when i feel march's acting is as confused as the character.
i do have to say though that we haven't seen phu  go after any other man besides Thee. that's clue to what happens in the long run. he's only been shown to be attracted to one man and several women. it's a complicated personality but to me that shows his affections for thee---the one man---maybe more intense than he cares to admit. yes he dumped him for toei but he kept hounding him, to the point of disrespecting his need for space to move on properly.
i know people in real life who also had a boyfriend but ended up marrying a woman. when they married the women, they dropped the guy like a hot potato. no coming back. no dramas.  some remained in touch but they really just stayed friends. 

i don't think toei's actions in season 1 and 2 signal an intimacy issue. i think she really just saw tar as a friend, brother at most (as we see now in season 2) thats when she "freaked out" as you said . does finding attraction/love unrequited signal an intimacy issue? that's too much of a jump. a girl is allowed to say no when she doesn't feel like it.
yes she's a bit of a loner but not all loners have intimacy issues. sometimes loners really just have to find people of the same wavelength before they open up. not everyone can be miss congeniality. 
 i think in season 2 tar adjusted to her wavelength already so she's more comfortable around him. she even tickled tar in that scene while waiting for phu to finish practicing. 

also i don't think her refusing initially to care for that pet is another clue town intimacy issue. what if she really doesn't legitimately know how to care for pets? some people can never take care of pets---even those which are really easy to maintain. again too much of a jump.
i saw a translation that said that Bomb thinks phu is gay when they were having a chat after they had sex. but like i said thats a translation if found, may or may not be accurate.

@bencanuck and @carlosc you guys points makes me dizzy, oh my god.. this is another level of english.. i can't understand XD so i can't join in.. (plus, i haven't watch so... no comment on the episode)
good job guys, the HTS team must be happy if they read such a heated discussion is happening here.. haha. but... pls don't argue to the point of 'i-am-the-right-one-and-you're-wrong' okay?? everyone has different opinions anyway :D
i cant wait for the next week episode... its about win :D and... its in NYK... so lucky for peach n red hair girl bcoz they are the one who get chance to go abroad for the shooting

Guest JasonZ

Wow, so much analysis.... I love it!
It's interesting how Phu has sex with Thee and Bomb, but not with Toei the one person he purportedly loves (there was no scene and their relationship was cute, not lustful).  And about figuring out what sexuality Phu is, bisexual is a total possibility.
I wish there were more scenes of them stressing about studying and school, cuz that's what most of my high school experiences were comprised of lol.  Do Thai high schools (I don't know what you call them) not have many exams?  Or are all the characters too cool for school, lol?
Everyone is talking about how great Tou's acting is (and I totally agree), but I think most of the scenes that exemplify his acting finesse are the crying scenes.  I wanna see happy Tou again!  Bring Non again!
And @carlosc: never heard of the expression "dropped like a hot potato", I'll keep that for later use :)

tbh i just watch ep4, and... i skip most of the parts because i know about it already.. and im dont really like ep4 (not really comfortable to be more accurate) 
just wanna say:
during phu's part when he's saying "he does, but its doesn't me he's over you" well phu, you need to say this infront of your mirror!!!

tar phang scene is the scene i like the most, very cute.. :)and i hate dew!!! i wish i can slap her

JasonZ said: Wow, so much analysis.... I love it!
It's interesting how Phu has sex with Thee and Bomb, but not with Toei the one person he purportedly loves (there was no scene and their relationship was cute, not lustful).  And about figuring out what sexuality Phu is, bisexual is a total possibility.
I wish there were more scenes of them stressing about studying and school, cuz that's what most of my high school experiences were comprised of lol.  Do Thai high schools (I don't know what you call them) not have many exams?  Or are all the characters too cool for school, lol?
Everyone is talking about how great Tou's acting is (and I totally agree), but I think most of the scenes that exemplify his acting finesse are the crying scenes.  I wanna see happy Tou again!  Bring Non again!
And @carlosc: never heard of the expression "dropped like a hot potato", I'll keep that for later use :)

Guest milotic55

yoyo_icecube said: tbh i just watch ep4, and... i skip most of the parts because i know about it already.. and im dont really like ep4 (not really comfortable to be more accurate) 
just wanna say:
during phu's part when he's saying "he does, but its doesn't me he's over you" well phu, you need to say this infront of your mirror!!!

tar phang scene is the scene i like the most, very cute.. :)and i hate dew!!! i wish i can slap her

JasonZ said: Wow, so much analysis.... I love it!

I think you guys are forgetting the fact that Bomb was in a heartbroken situation, although she didn't showed it as much as Phu. Also I'm not sure how comfortable Phu was with her and her friends, more like their situation makes him comfortable around them,

@carlosc:

question now is who does he feel more for? Toei or Thee? my instinctive answer would be toei because he did leave thee for her.

He choose Toei at that time more because he was afraid of his relationship with Thee. If I remember correctly, Phu and Toei were once a couple before entering high school, so his relationship with Thee kind of made him compare the situations thus he started to feel insecure about his sexuality.
carlosc said: i see a bit of foreshadowing in that Phu seemed comfortable around  Bomb's gay and lesbian friends, that Phu thinks Bomb looks like a tomboy (which means she somehow looks like a guy) and that Phu and Bomb discussed their sexual histories with Phu not flinching when Bomb said he looks gay.
Phu used to be defensive about the subject of his sexuality. but these 3 incidents seem to suggest he's somehow beginning to calm down and figure out stuff. Bomb actually hits Phu's dilemma on his view on relationships right on the head when she talks about his cheating ways. i like how it came up in the conversation separate from the talk on sexuality early on. in fact they didn't discuss sexuality that much. it was more like, it is what it is.

Guest weirdy

hi all, I'm from malaysia. I started to watch Hormones season 1 since last week and now I continue with season 2. This series is so great. The reason i watch this series is because I know that there's boy-boy relationship. As I continue to watch this series, I love the stories of all the characters. My favourite character in season 1 is Phu. And now I totally fall in love with Thee. I love phu with thee together! I've been reading the comments here, and helps me understand more about the stories in this series. I love this series so much that I keep think about the series all day and keep think of Tou (Thee). I think I'm crazy over this series. I've been loving GTH films since last few years. 
Really great analysis from you guys!! thanks =)

weirdy said: hi all, I'm from malaysia. I started to watch Hormones season 1 since last week and now I continue with season 2. This series is so great. The reason i watch this series is because I know that there's boy-boy relationship. As I continue to watch this series, I love the stories of all the characters. My favourite character in season 1 is Phu. And now I totally fall in love with Thee. I love phu with thee together! I've been reading the comments here, and helps me understand more about the stories in this series. I love this series so much that I keep think about the series all day and keep think of Tou (Thee). I think I'm crazy over this series. I've been loving GTH films since last few years. 
Really great analysis from you guys!! thanks =)

over all I'm still underwhelmed by episode 5. episodes 2-4 did raise so much emotions.one of Phu's problems is he can't keep it in his pants. I'm under the impression he can't distinguish love, like, crush, lust. to him they're all the same because they somehow make him happy. that's where the mess begins. i can excuse him for his identity crisis. i think he already knows it by now. he just needs to admit it to himself and live with it.
maybe he should seek advice from tar? hahaha. i like how Tar has become the voice of reason this season. he's officially the coolest person on the show right now.

By the way, in the preview that @uglypearl posted, Tar says to Win, "Where did you disappear to?" (it's the same clip as from "Dao+Koi" last week). :)

akira9 said: @boou It's called MSN-paper. lol I forgot about messages in that paper.
But last one is Dao: I wanna hug you. something like this

Archived