[Drama 2014] My Lovely Girl 내겐 너무 사랑스러운 그녀

jerebtang

class="title_sec" style="line-height:34px;"f(x) Krystal to star 'My Lovely Girl' with Rain

20140804000711_0.jpg

Krystal of girl group f(x) will co-star in MBC’s upcoming television series “My Lovely Girl” with singer-actor Rain, a local media outlet reported on Monday.

Krystal was confirmed for the romantic drama’s female lead, Sena, who dreams of becoming a top music producer. She is 12 years younger than Rain.

The broadcaster reportedly said, “We agreed that (Krystal) in fact would fit Sena’s role. She is chic, pure and strong-willed, which are all required for the role.”

The fact that the drama takes place in an entertainment label was also taken into consideration, they added.

When K-pop star and Hollywood actor Rain first signaled his return to the acting scene through “My Lovely Girl,” the big question was who will snatch the heroine’s part?

After Krystal was notified of the casting news, she reportedly said, “I can’t believe I will be on the same drama with Ji-hoon oppa (Rain). I never thought this would happen.”

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="titleNews"f(x)’s Krystal Confirmed to Act Opposite Rain in Drama ‘My Lovable Girl’

F(x)’s Krystal has been cast as the lead of an upcoming drama My Lovable Girl.

Already hyped as Rain’s comeback drama, SBS’s My Lovable Girl has confirmed casting Krystal as the lead actress.

Having started her acting career through MBC’s sitcom in 2010, Krystal has acted in various projects since then, including in MBC’s High Kick in 2011 and SBS’s The Heirs in 2013, proving her acting abilities.

After going through many discussions and profiles, the production team reportedly found Krystal to stand out with her chic but pure image, naturally reminding them of ‘Se Na,’ the lead character.

The fact that the drama set K-pop world as the background also played a role in casting Krystal, as the role requires acting ability as well as musical skills.

f(x)’s Krystal Confirmed to Act Opposite Rain in Drama ‘My Lovable Girl’

Taking her first lead role in a drama, Krystal shared, “I can’t believe that I will be on the same stage as Ji Hoon oppa (Rain). I really didn’t even imagine that a moment like this will ever come.”

Meanwhile, My Lovable Girl is about ‘Se Na’ who comes to Seoul to become a singer, following her sister’s sudden death, and falls in love with Hyun Wook (Rain). The girl who scarred Hyun Wook after getting into a car accident is Se Na′s sister.

Krystal said, “I was attracted to the storyline as soon as I saw it. It was also interesting that it sets the musical industry as the background. I would like to depict ‘Se Na,’ who overcomes all kinds of difficulties, falls miraculously in love and achieves her dream in music, in a heart touching and lovely way.”

The drama is set to air on September 17, following It’s Okay, It’s Love.

Photo credit: SM Entertainment / enews

Guest LadyAra

class="entry-title"Rain’s Comeback Drama My Lovely Girl Confirms Female Leads Krystal and Im Joo Eun Posted on August 3, 2014 by ockoala Koalaplayground

ido.jpg 

The casting news for My Lovely Girl (My Lovable Girl) comes in waves of ups and downs and this weekend is no exception. I was super stoked for Rain‘s confirmation as the male lead, then horrified that L of Infinite was going to play his romantic rival. It doesn’t even matter if L’s idol boy character has a bat’s chance in hell of getting the girl, the mere thought of them giving each other the proprietary male drama character glare makes me want to headdesk. The big news this past weekend was the reveal that SBS had sent the offer for the leading lady role out to Krystal Jung of f(x). She was working exclusively with MBC with More Charming by the Day and High Kick 3 but last year worked with SBS for the first time in Heirs. The network must have been impressed enough to want to elevate her to the leading lady part and truth be told the character in My Lovely Girl sounds right up her alley. [more]

Guest LadyAra

class="title_sec" style="line-height:34px;"f(x) Krystal to star 'My Lovely Girl' with Rain

20140804000711_0.jpg

Krystal of girl group f(x) will co-star in MBC’s upcoming television series “My Lovely Girl” with singer-actor Rain, a local media outlet reported on Monday.

Krystal was confirmed for the romantic drama’s female lead, Sena, who dreams of becoming a top music producer. She is 12 years younger than Rain.

The broadcaster reportedly said, “We agreed that (Krystal) in fact would fit Sena’s role. She is chic, pure and strong-willed, which are all required for the role.”

The fact that the drama takes place in an entertainment label was also taken into consideration, they added.

When K-pop star and Hollywood actor Rain first signaled his return to the acting scene through “My Lovely Girl,” the big question was who will snatch the heroine’s part?

After Krystal was notified of the casting news, she reportedly said, “I can’t believe I will be on the same drama with Ji-hoon oppa (Rain). I never thought this would happen.” [more]

Guest LadyAra

class="at_ttl"Krystal Jung To Play Rain's Leading Lady

Krystal Jung

F(x)'s Krystal Jung is excited to have won the part of Rain's leading lady in the upcoming musical comedy "My Lovely Day." Although she already appeared in the hit drama "The Heirs" with the likes of Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye and Kim Woo Bin, she is a big fan of the singer and actor, whose real name is Jung Ji Hoon.

"I can't believe that I'll be starring in a drama with Ji Hoon oppa," she said. "I never once imagined that something like this would happen."

In "My Lovely Day" she will play Se Na, a music producer. After Se Na's older sister dies, she moves to Seoul to follow her dream of a career in the music industry. When she gets to Seoul she meets Hyun Wook, played by Rain. He was the man her sister loved.

When the singer-turned actress first read the story she was attracted to it because it was set in the music industry. She could also relate to Se Na's character and determination. [more]

Link: http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/04/im-joo-eun-removes-herself-from-casting-lineup-of-my-lovely-girl/
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Im Joo Eun Removes Herself from Casting Lineup of “My Lovely Girl”lovelymorning August 4, 2014  2014.08.04_im-joo-eun-FP.jpg

Actress Im Joo Eun recently gathered interest with the news of her casting into the new SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama, “My Lovely Girl,” alongside Rain and f(x)’s Krystal (you can read more about the drama here). However, it became known that she has now removed herself from the cast. Her management agency revealed the reason to be a disagreement between the management company and the production company.

“My Lovely Girl” will be a romantic love fantasy drama about a group of young people that use music as a method of healing their pain and troubles. Im Joo Eun was to play the role of Shin Hae Yoon, a director of an entertainment company who is true to her emotions.

However, it was revealed that there were differences in perspective with regards to the interpretation of her character. Im Joo Eun’s management agency and the production company had long meetings to sort this issue, but on top of scheduling conflicts between the drama and her next movie, as well as differences in the character interpretation, the final decision was made to remove Im Joo Eun from the drama.

Meanwhile, Im Joo Eun has finished filming for the movie “Don’t Forget Me,” and has started to consider another movie for her next project. So guess we’ll be seeing her on screen one way or the other! Anyone have any substitutions in mind for the vacated role?

Guest LadyAra

class="entry-title"Im Joo Eun Out for My Lovely Girl
Posted on August 4, 2014 by ockoala Koalaplayground

outa.jpeg

Talk about a quick about-face from the production of the upcoming SBS music and romance K-drama My Lovely Girl (She’s So Lovable). The casting was going at light speed with news of Krystal in talks to be Rain‘s leading lady followed a day later by Krystal being confirmed for the part. The lead casting always gets more media interest but there was also lots of positive feedback with the subsequent addition of talented Im Joo Eun as the second female lead in the drama. Just as it appeared the drama got all its ducks in a row and could start filming now for a September 17th premiere, the cauldron got shook up by the abrupt departure of the just arrived Im Joo Eun. Huh? Im Joo Eun’s agency has released a statement that she has ultimately turned down the role as the perfectionist music director role due to a combination of scheduling conflict and having a different direction of where she wanted the role to go versus the production. [more]

Aww, its unfortunate Im Joo Eun backed out. She would've looked fantastic with Rain and she's a solid actress too. But I hope she didn't accept the role if she wasn't done with negotiations. It's odd how it took her 24 hours to accept then cite scheduling conflicts as one of her reasons for departure. Clearly she had issues with the character but it would've been better if she never confirmed. Oh well, I hope they get a good replacement. They'll probably be holding script reading soon since they're planning to shoot this weekend. 
I have a lot of actresses in mind, but I hope they get someone good who can carry off the character with lots of charm. 

jerebtang said: Link: http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/04/im-joo-eun-removes-herself-from-casting-lineup-of-my-lovely-girl/
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Im Joo Eun Removes Herself from Casting Lineup of “My Lovely Girl”lovelymorning August 4, 2014  

Actress Im Joo Eun recently gathered interest with the news of her casting into the new SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama, “My Lovely Girl,” alongside Rain and f(x)’s Krystal (you can read more about the drama here). However, it became known that she has now removed herself from the cast. Her management agency revealed the reason to be a disagreement between the management company and the production company.

“My Lovely Girl” will be a romantic love fantasy drama about a group of young people that use music as a method of healing their pain and troubles. Im Joo Eun was to play the role of Shin Hae Yoon, a director of an entertainment company who is true to her emotions.

However, it was revealed that there were differences in perspective with regards to the interpretation of her character. Im Joo Eun’s management agency and the production company had long meetings to sort this issue, but on top of scheduling conflicts between the drama and her next movie, as well as differences in the character interpretation, the final decision was made to remove Im Joo Eun from the drama.

Meanwhile, Im Joo Eun has finished filming for the movie “Don’t Forget Me,” and has started to consider another movie for her next project. So guess we’ll be seeing her on screen one way or the other! Anyone have any substitutions in mind for the vacated role?

Oh and... Hoya has been cast as the leader of Infinite Power. 
http://www.news1.kr/articles/?1801454

The article doesn't talk much about his character, so I'll have to look into other ones. But pretty much I'm happy to see him in another drama after 1997 since I loved him there. This drama is full of idols, and Hoya is amongst the more likeable ones. I'm glad to see him getting a role here. I personally hope he's the second lead. Or maybe L, him and the second female lead can have a love triangle of their own :P

Woop! I don't even need to translate. Here's the official news:

hoya-800x450.jpg

Boy group INFINITE‘s member Hoya has also been cast to appear in the upcoming drama “My Lovely Girl,” alongside his group-mate L

On August 5, representative of “My Love Girl” announced that INFINITE’s Hoya has been officially cast in the upcoming SBS drama as Kang Rae Hyun, the leader of fictional idol group Infinite Power. He joined the script reading for the drama that occurred August 4, although one report by Osen states his appearance is not set in stone.

Previously, INFINITE’s L has been cast as Shi Woo, another member of the drama’s idol group. 

“My Lovely Girl” also stars Krystal of f(x) and Rain in leading roles. This drama will be Rain’s first drama in four years. Rain will play a music producer in the upcoming romantic drama. 

“My Love Girl” will start airing on September 17, after the completion of currently-airing SBS drama, “It’s Okay, It’s Love.”

http://www.soompi.com/2014/08/04/infinites-hoya-cast-in-my-lovely-girl-alongside-bandmate-l/

@willenette Welcome. Yeah, I am just too anticipated in looking forward to watch Joo Eun with Rain. I wondered how they will spark well in the movie. And too my surprise, she is not going to film this. Disappointed, as I thought she is a great potential actress in "The Heirs". I really hope she can be in it, but never mind then. Let's see who will replace her for her role then.

Go Seung Ji said:

INFINITE's L and Hoya confirmed for 'My Lovely Girl'

August 5, 2014 @ 1:05 am
INFINITE's L and Hoya will play fellow members of an idol group, just like how they are in real life, in the upcoming SBS Wed-Thurs drama 'My Lovely Girl'!

A Woollim Entertainment rep confirmed L's casting to Xports News on the 5th, "L will play the role of idol group Infinite Power member Shi Woo." The drama's rep also revealed Hoya's casting to Star News, "INFINITE's Hoya will star in 'My Lovely Girl'. He will play the role of Infinite Power's leader Kang Rae Hun." When contacted about the matter, Woollim confirmed this to be true as well.

The INFINITE members will join Rain, f(x)'s Krystal, Park Young Kyu, Park Doo Shik, Lee Cho Hee, and more in the drama.

'My Lovely Girl' is set to premiere following 'It's Okay, That's Love' on September 17!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/08/infinites-l-and-hoya-confirmed-for-my-lovely-girl

Archived