[Drama 2014] Blade Man aka Iron Man - 아이언맨

marykarmelina

Wah.....2014 is the year of LDW!!! Seriously I m Over Dosed on him :D ...Kanggoo's Story, Hotel King, Roommate and now Iron Man!!!! Not that I m complaining =P~ ...iron Man's description does seem confusing but I have learned not to go by the description but to watch the actual series ;) fingers crossed and looking forward to a good series:)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@angiemty I was just about to comment on the same thing lol. So they're coming out of his arms? Wondering how blades coming out of arms will translate into superhero lol but I'm game. One news said that he'll be suffering from first love? What kind of first love is this :-O 

Guest missnona

turtleaxis said: @angiemty I was just about to comment on the same thing lol. So they're coming out of his arms? Wondering how blades coming out of arms will translate into superhero lol but I'm game. One news said that he'll be suffering from first love? What kind of first love is this :-O 

Guest supercalifragilistic

I am a DongHae shipper.  But I will definitely be watching this series after they cast Han Jung Soo too. 
Two delicious guys in one show?  Yum-may!   \m/
HanJungSoo1.jpg

Han Jung-soo cast as Iron Man’s loyal bodyguardHanJungSoo1.jpg

Why does a man covered in knives need a bodyguard, you might ask? It’s a good question. Maybe he’s not so good at controlling his new knife-sprouting abilities and needs a babysitter? Han Jung-soo has joined the cast of KBS’s new supernatural drama Iron Man, where he’ll play Lee Dong-wook’s faithful secretary-bodyguard who goes everywhere he goes. The press releases are already hinting at the bromantic chemistry to come, so I expect lots of cuteness.

Iron Man stars Lee Dong-wook as the hero whose internal scars from his painful first love manifest as blades sprouting from his body, and Shin Se-kyung plays the angelic woman who helps heal his pain. Han Jung-soo has been cast as Secretary Go, a former naval officer with specialties in hapkido and taekwondo, who serves as Lee Dong-wook’s right-hand man.

The character is described as a square, which sounds cute. He’s innocent and trustworthy, and no matter how much Lee Dong-wook berates him, he takes it all and treats his boss with sincerity. He gets the job done at any cost and protects the hero from everything, and is willing to sacrifice himself to always put the boss first. Han Jung-soo is especially good at these types of roles — the stoic but faithful brother in arms. He’s had memorable roles in Arang and the Magistrate, Poseidon, and Prosecutor Princess among others, but I’ll always think of him as his gruff, lovable Chuno character.

I have to say, this drama has me more worried than excited, but this relationship could be splendid. I hope the sidekick isn’t the best thing to come out of the drama, but hey, sometimes the bodyguard really does deserve all the glory in dramaland. That’s the way Ilike it anyway.

Iron Man follows Joseon Gunman in early September.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/08/han-jung-soo-cast-as-iron-mans-loyal-bodyguard/

turtleaxis said: @angiemty I was just about to comment on the same thing lol. So they're coming out of his arms? Wondering how blades coming out of arms will translate into superhero lol but I'm game. One news said that he'll be suffering from first love? What kind of first love is this :-O 

Just found this news...
class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Fantasy Melodrama ‘Iron Man’ Will Feature A Tortured Herolee-dong-wook-and-shin-se-kyung.png?w=60

Now that the "Joseon Gunman" is close to its final episodes, it may be time to get excited about the drama that will replace it. That drama is "Iron Man" and it will star Lee Dong Wook and Shin Se Kyung.

Fans of fantasy may be more excited than most as this drama has been described as a fantasy melodrama.

In "Iron Man" the hero's pain causes him to develop a dangerous supernatural ability. Knives actually spring out of his body, making him a lethal adversary.  But when the knives retract, he is left with scars.  Because of those scars, the fantasy plot seems like it will be a very moral tale about the perils of seeking revenge. The hero's bitterness about his past and his desire for punishment cause him to become scarred, not just emotionally but physically.

Perhaps he needs to learn how to sheath those knives permanently or deal with his desire for revenge in a less painful and self-destructive way. And he will probably need some help to accomplish this goal.

Lee Dong Wook, fresh from his success in "Hotel King," plays the drama's hero Joo Hong Bin. Ji Sung was originally up for the role of Joo Hong Bin but ultimately declined it.

Lee Dong Wook is no stranger to revenge-driven characters. In his last drama, "Hotel King," his character also wanted to exact revenge against those he believed caused his father's death.

Shin Se Kyung plays the drama's female lead, Song Se Dang. Song is a warm and supportive woman who helps to heal Joo Hong Bin's pain. That will make a change from her last drama role. Her last small screen appearance was playing Song Seung Hoon's two-timing girlfriend in the melodrama "When A Man Loves A Woman." She got plenty of negative feedback for her portrayal of that character's two-timing ways. The actress can currently be seen in the film "Tazza 2," with co-stars Big Bang's T.O.P. and Lee Honey.

"Iron Man" also stars Shin Seung Hwan, who was last seen in "Triangle," "Inspiring Generation" and "Empress Ki." It also features child actor Jung Yoo Geun, who appeared in "Can We Love" and Kim Gab Soo, who was in "Marriage Not Dating" and "Inspiring Generation."

Kim Gyu Wan, who wrote "Cinderella's Sister," has written the screenplay for "Iron Man." Kim Yong Soo, who directed "The Blade and the Petal," "Equator Man" and "White Christmas" is the drama's director.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/34299/20140822/fantasy-melodrama-iron-man-will-feature-a-tortured-hero.htm

Guest sullifish

omg...2014 year is for lee dong wook...2nd drama for lee dong wook after hotel king..i confirm will watch this drama...hahaha

So it's another antihero role for Wookie. I admit I'm a sucker for those lol. HK has proven that he's actually pretty good at playing slightly disturbed characters so I can't wait to see how this one play out.

I hope we'll get to see a journey from being villain-y into being a hero. I know Wookie loves manhwas, maybe that's why he took this role. I hope the cinematography will be manga-styled too, that would be awesome.

Guest delphi

I will wait for this drama of course because of Wookie. But maybe Park Min Young or Song Hye Kyo (I am not sure the name, cast for Wind Blow something) be better for the female lead.

Guest sullifish

delphi said: I will wait for this drama of course because of Wookie. But maybe Park Min Young or Song Hye Kyo (I am not sure the name, cast for Wind Blow something) be better for the female lead.

Guest delphi

sullifish said: delphi said: I will wait for this drama of course because of Wookie. But maybe Park Min Young or Song Hye Kyo (I am not sure the name, cast for Wind Blow something) be better for the female lead.

Guest adikkeluangman

I'm surprised to see Kim Kap Soo ahjussi doing this drama soon after his last drama Marriage Without Love finished this week. I don't see his picture on the first reading script session. Maybe he got MWL filming. Because ahjusssi is not the type to do drama back to back, before he doing MWL, he was in drama Inspiring Generation and he took a break couple a month before doing the drama.
Hope this time his character will be a good person. After quite an evil for the previous two. This is his thread in Soompi.
Lee Dong Wook lurve to be in KBS production. Half of his drama resume with this tv network. Well, maybe I will watch this drama once it air on KBSW.

Archived