[Movie 2014] Criminal Designer/Con Artists 기술자들 | Kim WooBin, Lee HyunWoo | Premier Dec 24!!!

czakhareina

The movie of Kim Woo-Bin ‘Criminal Designer’,
got the second of box office at the first day

12502_1.jpg
The movie ‘Criminal Designer’(Director Kim Hong-Sun) got overwhelming victory against the competitor ‘The Royal Tailor’(Director Lee Won-Seok) by over twice score.On 25th according to the movie ticket computer network, ‘Criminal Designer’ got the second rank of box office by grabbing 268,153 people on 24th. The total number of audiences is 332,040. ‘The Royal Tailor’ which was released at the same day grabbed 106,992 audiences, and debuted for the fifth rank of box office. ‘Criminal Designer’ which has two famous youth actors Kim Woo-Bin and Lee Hyun-Woo, is a caper movie about giant business of technicians, who gathered to steal 150 billion at Inchun Customs in 40 minute. Kim Woo-Bin, Kim Young-Chul Go Chang-Seok, Lee Hyun-Woo, Jo Yoon-Hee, Lim Joo-Hwan appear and Kim Hong-Sun director who received the 33rd Blue Dragon Award in 2012 by ‘The Traffickers’. ‘Criminal Designer’ which got the second rank chases the movie ‘Ode to My Father’(Yoon Jae-Guen) closely. It receives attention whether ‘the main stream’ Kim Woo-Bin can dominate the theater on December.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="margin: 17px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 40px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 34px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim Woo Bin and Lee Hyun Woo show chemistry in black and white photo53539-287574-700x466.jpgLee Hyun Woo, Kim Woo Bin

The production company behind South Korean movie ‘The Con Artists‘ yesterday (December 25th) released a black and white photo of Kim Woo Bin and Lee Hyun Woo.

Kim Woo Bin is seen with his right arm draped over Lee Hyun Woo, while posing adorably with his left hand, as they showed off their undeniable cute chemistry.

The two had participated in an event for ‘The Con Artists’ on Christmas Day, where they met their fans.

‘The Con Artists’ is a story about the best technicians coming together, as they prepare to steal 150 million won in forty minutes from the Incheon Customs. The movie stars Kim Woo Bin, Ko Chang Seok, Lee Hyun Woo, Kim Young Chul, Cho Dal Hwan, Im Joo Hwan, Jo Yoon Hee, and others. ‘

The movie is currently screening in cinemas across South Korea.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

class="main-title" style="margin: 10px 0px 12px; padding: 0px 0px 5px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 40px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1em; font-family: Arimo, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim Woo-bin Pledges to Do Voluntary Service with Fans If The Film Hits Box Office

Posted on Dec 26, 2014

[WIKI KPOP = YANG, JA YOUNG Editor]

Kim Woo Bin/ photo=롯데엔터테인먼트

Kim Woo Bin/ photo=롯데엔터테인먼트

Actor Kim Woo Bin made an interesting promise for his upcoming film <The Technicians>.

A live interview for a film <The Technicians> was held at Apgujeong CGV on December 22. At this event, the director of the film Kim Hong-suk attended along with Kim Woo-bin, Go Chang-suk, Kim Young-chul, Lee Hyun-woo, Cho Yoon-hee, and Lim Joo-hwan to communicate with fans.

Kim Woo-bin was asked about what it was like to prepare for his character ‘Ji-hyuk’. He said “I prepared 100 questions and answers for the character before filming the movie”. It seemed like he was totally immersed in the character. He then added, “When I first read the scenario, I thought I had to learn how to break a safe-cracker. However, I usually use the trick I lean, so I gave up” and made people laugh.

During the interview, actors’s humorous answers and interesting pledges heightened the mood. When Kim Woo-bin was asked what he would do if he gets 150 billion KRW just like in the movi, he said “I would buy 150 billion won worth of film tickets for <The Technicians> and hand them out to movie goers” and Go Chang-suk said “I’ll produced a film that is worthy 150 billion won”.

Lee Hyun-woo answered “I’ll spend some money and invest the rest of them” and Lim Joo-hwan replied, “I’ll put the money into saving’s account and only use the interest, and spend money for charity”

When actors were asked about their pledges in case the film hits box office, Go Chang-suk asked back the question and said “I wonder what viewers want us to do”. A fan came up and said “In case the film breaks 3 million ticket sales, all actors do shuffle dance, and if the film surpass 5 billion, please hold a free hug event”. Kim Woo-bin and Lim Joo-hwan said “We’ll do voluntary service with fans” and made meaningful pledges.

When Kim Woo-bin saw a fan holding a placard that said ‘I’ll watch the movie 50 times if Kim Woo-bin hugs me”, he push fully hugged the fan.

<The Technicians> is a story about technicians from different fields who gather to steal the 150 billion won of black money hidden in 40 minutes in the Incheon Airport Customs, which has the best security system. In the film, Kim Woo-bin plays the role of ‘Ji-hyuk’ who is a safe-cracker.

| 위키케이팝 | 양자영 기자 |
[YANG, JA YOUNG / yang@wikikpop.com ]

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[interview] Lee Hyun Woo Talks ‘The Technicians’, On-Screen Bromance, Future Plans and More

With his clear eyes and thick eyebrows, the first thing that catches eyes is his baby face. But once a layer of bias is removed, his manliness unveils itself. And once another layer is removed and his stories are heard out, he is a natural born actor.

Lee Hyun Woo (22). Some people call him a boy while some people call him a man. And the project that was laid on top of that subtle boundary was the film The Technicians. Proving a number of affiliates in the movie industry true, who guaranteed his transformation in the movie, ‘Jong Bae’ in The Technicians led to a rediscovery on Lee Hyun Woo.

In the film The Technicians, depicting the story of a group of technicians trying to rob 150 billion won hidden in Incheon Customs in just 40 minutes, Lee Hyun Woo appeared as the genius hacker, showing his unexpected charisma. However, it was not a character that was created out of the blue. One can’t help but to let out an exclamation upon hearing his story about putting a cigarette into his mouth for the first time, as he matched himself up with the character.

Meeting Lee Hyung Woo in person, he was just like how he was in a variety show recently, showing his playful side full of smiles. But he was different when the topic shifted to his project. No matter how young his face looks, his has ten years of acting experience already. 

[interview] Lee Hyun Woo Talks ‘The Technicians’, On-Screen Bromance, Future Plans and More

▶ The following is Q&A with Lee Hyun Woo

Q: What made you decide to star in The Technicians

“When I first received the scenario, I felt like the character named ‘Jong Bae’ was very charming. I was attracted to how he acted a bit cynical but had the twist of having a bright side and being a bit rude but playful at the same time.”

Q: What did you think of the final product?

“I enjoyed it and felt regretful at the same time. First, I thought that the character of ‘Jong Bae’ could show more of himself when Lee Hyun Woo acted it out. Although he doesn’t carry a lot of weight, I was able to express his charms within that and made the project better by supporting Ji Hyuk (Kim Woo Bin). But I was still greedy about my character so it’s true that I feel regretful in a way.” 

Q: Like in your previous project, you’ve been forming on-screen chemistry with actors.

“I would also like to film with actresses. (laughter) But it’s happiness in itself to be able to work with the hyungs who I have good teamwork with. The hyungs really take care of me well. So I was able to act more comfortably. Actually, I felt more comfortable working with men.”

[interview] Lee Hyun Woo Talks ‘The Technicians’, On-Screen Bromance, Future Plans and More

Q: Let’s go back to your character. You showed quite an image transformation.

“I filmed it more comfortably compared to Secretly, Greatly and felt less pressure too. A big part of it is that I tried to feel comfortable. That could be why I feel regretful.”

Q: They say that you made an image transformation but you still give off the impression of a boy. I would like to know your thoughts.

“That is also how I feel like. I had the desire to ‘be manly’ or ‘give off mature feels’ in the beginning of the project but at some point, I wondered, ‘what is my real self.’ No matter what, Lee Hyun Woo’s color is set as the foundation and I didn’t think it was right to erase that. So I decided to work on the project by thinking, ‘I will add different colors to that foundation.’”

Q: You must have had a lot of worries as you worked on this project

“Since I received a lot of interest through Secretly, Greatly, I did feel some pressure. I wanted to meet the expectation and looked through so many projects. I think The Technicians and Battle of Yeonpyeongare also a part of that process. I have a different attitude of filming a project and I think this kind of change is a part of my growth process. I definitely have more desires now.”

Q: Are you always this serious? You seem like a grownup kid, in a way

“I’m really like that. I frequently hear that I’m like a grownup kid. Haha (I might be different when I’m with people I’m close to) but I tend to be serious.”

Q: What would you say is your charm?

“First, if I look at human Lee Hyun Woo’s charms, he is very positive and optimistic. I would like to give a high score on that charm of mine. (laughter) As an actor, he is an actor who still has many things to show. If what I’ve shown until now is my foundation, then my future appearance will definitely be filled with new colors. I’m anticipating on that myself.”

Q: What kind of year was 2014 and what are your plans for 2015?

“I think it was a year that passed by quietly. I was quietly busy and worked hard in 2014. It is also a year that I contained myself. I hope that more products will come out next year and that the people who watch me will be entertained more. It is a year that I’m anticipating myself. (laughter)”

Photo credit: enews/Kim Byung Kwan MWAVE

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" “The Technicians” Sells One Million Tickets in Just Four Daysddangha December 26, 2014 SOOMPIKim Woo Bin’s “The Technicians” Sells One Million Tickets in Just Four Days

The latest heist film “The Technicians,” starring Kim Woo BinLee Hyun Wooand Go Chang Suk, has reached the one million ticket mark in just four days since its opening.

The action film has sold more than a million tickets by December 27, only four days after it opened in theaters, according to its distributor Lotte Entertainment.

The speed at which “The Technicians” is faring in the box office at the moment is similar to that of previous blockbuster hits like “The Masquerade,” “New World,” and “The Attorney,” which each succeeded in bringing out over 10 million viewers.

“The Technicians” started topping the box office immediately upon its release, proving the star power of its leading actor, Kim Woo Bin.

Directed by Kim Hong Sun, “The Technicians” stars Kim Woo Bin, Lee Hyun Woo, and Go Chang Suk as a group of talented technicians who attempt to rob the most secure bank in East Asia.

Yoo Seung Ho, Yeo Jin Goo, and Lee Hyun Woo Taking on Adult Roles and Moving on From Childhoodyuryunj December 26, 2014 SOOMPItrio.jpgThe younger generation of actors are becoming more prominent in the entertainment industry, and tugging the hearts of many noona fans. Yoo Seung Ho, Lee Hyun Woo, and Yeo Jin Goo are three of these actors. The interesting part about them is that they were all child actors in the past. From the upcoming year, however, they are planning to take their next step as adults and will completely throw off their image as “young actors.” Yoo Seung Ho has already taken his first step through dramas such as “Missing You.” Although he had taken on many adult characters in various dramas, many still remember him as the child from the movie “The Way Home.” Fortunately for Yoo Seung Ho, he made a wise decision by serving his time in the military. Not only did he gain male fans, who praise him for not avoiding the military and serving his time as soon as possible, but he was also able to completely throw off his childhood image. Through his new movie “Joseon Magician” he is to become a magician who falls dangerously in love.Yoo-Seung-Ho.jpg

Lee Hyun Woo is also attracting many fans through his new movie “The Technicians” by showing a side of him that was never seen before. He plays a cold-blooded genius hacker who is out on a mission to rob $150 million dollars from a bank. This role is completely different from his past roles in dramas such as “Master of Study,” “Queen Seon Duk,” and even “To the Beautiful You,” which was aired just two years ago%EC%9D%B4%ED%98%84%EC%9A%B02.jpg

Perhaps the actor who will be going through the biggest change is Yeo Jin Goo, who performed flawlessly in the movie “Hwayi: A Monster Boy.” Although he had received much praise for his acting, he was still considered a teenage actor, who played a character still in high school.  In the upcoming movie “Shoot My Heart,” however, he is playing a character that is the same age as Lee Min Ki’s character, and Lee Min Ki is actually 13 years older than Yeo Jin Goo in real life.%EC%9D%B4%EB%AF%BC%EA%B8%B0-%EC%97%AC%EC

For Yoo Seung Ho, Lee Hyun Woo, and Yeo Jin Goo, who will be active in both dramas and movies, 2015 will be a significant year in which they begin their journey as adult actors, and fans are excited to be a part of this transition.

Top male stars dominate big screen

Despite the cold weather, the Korean film industry is likely to be heated up by upcoming films featuring popular male actors. Actors Kim Woo-bin, Lee Seung-gi and Lee Min-ho are to play the role of eye-candy, boosting the box office this winter.

1. Kim Woo-bin in ‘Criminal Designer’

(Lotte Entertainment)
In the caper movie “Criminal Designer,” a tech-based criminal gang attempts to steal 150 billion won ($140 million) from Incheon Customs Agency in 40 minutes.

Actor Kim Woo-bin plays Ji-hyuk, a skilled safecracker who is also the leader of the gang. In the movie, Kim’s character is playful, clever and tech-savvy, adding fun and interest to the action film. The movie was released on Christmas Eve.

2. Lee Seung-gi in ‘Love Forecast’

(CJ Entertainment)
The upcoming romance film “Love Forecast” is about a man and a woman who have a relationship on the borderline of friendship and love for 18 years.

Actor Lee Seung-gi plays the role of Jun-su, an elementary school teacher who always gets dumped because he is too giving and sacrificing. The movie will depict the romantic sides of couples and draw empathy from viewers. The film is to be released on Jan. 15.

3. Lee Min-ho in ‘Gangnam 1970’

(Showbox)
This upcoming noir film portrays two men’s friendship, betrayal and lust for power in the Gangnam area in the 1970s, when the real estate investment boom started.

Hallyu star Lee Min-ho plays the role of Jong-dae, who grew up in an orphanage and gets involved in the lives of gangsters. Lee shows off his masculine and charismatic sides. The film is slated to be released on Jan. 21.

By Kim Min-jin (minjin103@heraldcorp.com) KPOP HERALD

A new photos of the main actors of 'The Technicians' revealed20141228152120_549fa15fe8550_1.jpg
A new photo of the main actors of 'The Technicians' was revealed.

On December 28th, King Kong Entertainment revealed a photo that main actors of 'The Technicians' took together in celebration of exceeding 1 million viewers.

The photo shows Cho Yoon Hee posing togethe with director Kim Hong Sun and all of the other main actors of 'The Technicians,' hodling a cake. Cho Yoon Hee is showing a bright smile, and many fans and netizens are showing hot reactions.

Cho Yoon Hee played in 'The Technicians' as Eun Ha, who works at an art gallery, and she is receiving a great number of compliments for the transformation that she showed through the movie.

Meanwhile, Cho Yoon Hee is playing in KBS 2TV drama 'The King's Face' as Kim Ga Hee these days.
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

Kim Woo-bin "Me too" to "I love you" from one of his female fans at fan meeting

photo544627.jpg

Actor Kim Woo-bin touched female fans' hearts with his witty response at a fan meeting for movie, "The Con Artists" at a theater.

The lead actors of "The Con Artists" visited theaters around Seoul and Kyeonggi-do area to meet their fans on December 27 and 28th.

Kim Woo-bin was pleasantly surprised to see the audience filled up all the seats in the theater. He greeted the audience saying, "Thank you for filling up the theater during this busy holiday season. Please take care of yourselves and don't catch cold. I wish you all happy holidays". He made the audience laugh by promoting the movie with the comment, "It's more fun if you watch "The Con Artists" second time".

When a female fan shouted "I love you", he quickly responded with "Me too", which made the entire audience burst into laughter.

Since "The Con Artists" was released on December 24th, 1.42 million people watched the movie so far according to the box office ranking by Korean Film Council.

Source : OSEN
Credit : Hancinema

Preparation is key for Kim Woo-bin

‘The Con Artists’ actor talks playing a rebel, how he picks his roles

02044422.jpg
Model-turned-actor Kim Woo-bin has been gaining attention ever since he made his film debut in “Friend: The Great Legacy” (2013). 

The star, who is also well known for his role in the SBS drama “The Heirs,” has returned to the big screen for “The Con Artists.” 

He plays a talented safecracker and thief who works with a bomb expert to steal 150 billion won (about $140 million) from an official’s slush fund. 

To act out the role of con artist Ji-hyeok, Kim shows off his action skills and his mischievous side. 

In a recent interview with the JoongAng Ilbo, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, Kim said he practices multiple reactions to ensure his acting fits the overall scene. 

Q. You look very skillful when picking locks. Is there a secret to this?

A. I was debating whether I should really learn how to pick a lock on a safe, but I gave up because I was worried I would actually use that skill in real life. I just decided to create my own moves to make the act look real. 

Did you start to get more job offers after “Friend: The Great Legacy” became popular?

Thankfully, it’s true that I now have more options to choose from than before. But at the same time, I feel more pressure to meet expectations. To me, the most important thing to consider before choosing [work] is that the script needs to be interesting. I think that’s more important than the character [i’m asked to play].

How do you manage to look so confident on screen?

I think I feel a bit more comfortable in front of the camera than before. Being on set is exciting. When I first started acting I was very nervous and wanted to get the OK sign. But now, those worries are gone and I just want to be really good.

Is it true that you always come prepared to the set?

I was taught from the beginning that I need to prepare at least 10 different reactions for the same line to ensure the best fit with the actors I work with on set. There is no definitive answer to acting, but I think I need to start with the basics at least. 

But don’t you also have natural instincts or talents?

I’m not inherently talented. The more time passes, the more I’m assured of this. In fact, my unique and strong mask has helped me until now, I think. I was fortunate enough to get roles playing very attractive rebels, which made it easy to get attention from the public even as a novice in the acting industry.

Do you think it would be hard for you to act as a down-to-earth character because of your unique look?

I would just need to show how I am at home because that’s when I’m really casual - a lot more [casual and comfortable] than anyone could imagine. 

Do you ever dream of drastically changing the roles you tend to play?

I don’t want to draw a line on anything. I don’t think I won’t do any more rebellious characters just because I have acted as these characters many times. I think I just need to do my best within the conditions that are given to me. In my next movie “Twenty,” [which will be released next year], I act as a very ordinary man in his 20s. I just want to take on characters who move my heart at the time. 

BY LEE EUN-SUN [summerlee@joongang.co.kr] Korean JoongAng Daily

Korean Crime Flick Set for Theaters Overseas

photo545483.jpg

A Korean crime movie will hit cinemas overseas after attracting 1 million moviegoers in just four days since its release on Christmas Eve here. 

"The Con Artists" stars heartthrobs Kim Woo-bin and Lee Hyun-woo and is getting quite a response among young movie fans. 

The flick revolves around a group of con artists who steal W150 billion from a customs office in 40 minutes. 

The film will open in North America on Jan. 9 and in Taiwan on Jan. 23 before hitting cinemas in China, Hong Kong, Singapore and the Philippines.

Source : Chosun

Credit : Hancinema

‘Criminal Designer’ celebrates New Year with special poster

(Lotte Entertainment)
A special poster of the movie “Criminal Designer” was released on Wednesday to celebrate the start of 2015.

The poster features the main actors: Kim Woo-bin, Lee Hyun-woo and Go Chang-suk. The three are running while holding a cart filled with a tremendous amount of cash.

In the picture, Kim looks serious whereas Lee and Go look playful and animated.

The caper film is about a group of tech-savvy outlaws who aim to steal 150 billion won ($140 million) from the Incheon Customs Agency within 40 minutes. 

Kim plays the role of Ji-hyuk, a skilled safecracker and the leader of the group, while Lee and Go play the other main members.

The movie was released in theaters on Christmas Eve.

By Kim Min-jin (minjin103@heraldcorp.com) Kpop Herald

Actor Lim Joo Hwan presents another side of him through fashion pictorials20141229093546_54a0a1e29d45d_1.jpg
Actor Lim Joo Hwan presented another side of him through fashion pictorials.

Actor Lim Joo Hwan recently played in movie 'The Technicians,' which was officially released on December 24th, as a villain named 'Mr. Lee,' and his new pictorials were released through a fashion magazine.

He is going to come back with a new drama in mid-January, and he mentioned about the drama during an interview that was held after the photo shoot.

Lim Joo Hwan said, "The character that I am playing in the drama is a very stylish one, so I gave a major change to my hairstyle. He is a very cool, but strong person, and my scripts include a lot of corny lines."

Meanwhile, Lim Joo Hwan's pictorials and interview can be viewed on January edition of fashion magazine 'BAZAAR.'
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Cute photos of Kim Woo-bin in “Criminal Designer”

(Lotte Entertainment)
Still-cuts of the action film “Criminal Designer” featuring actor Kim Woo-bin and other actors were released on Monday. 

The special pictures were unveiled to celebrate the landmark 2.5 million viewers that the movie garnered within ten days since its release.

(Lotte Entertainment)
In the photos, Kim is boasting cute and playful charms while enjoying the filming with actors Lee Hyun-woo and Go Chang-suk.
The caper film centers on a group of tech-savvy outlaws attempting to steal 150 billion won ($140 million) from the Incheon Customs Agency within 40 minutes. 

Kim plays the role of Ji-hyuk, a seasoned safecracker and the leader of the group, while Lee and Go play the other main members.
The movie was released in theaters on Christmas Eve.

By Kim Min-jin (minjin103@heraldcorp.com) KPOP HERALD

2,292,633 admissions recorded as of 5 January 2015 (today's admissions 43,217)
Source: http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/boxOffice_Daily.jsp?mode=BOXOFFICE_DAILY
(I'm glad the movie is successful, maybe it'll get 2.5 million admissions at least, if 3 million is to difficult? 2 million admissions is considered successful, right?)

Kim Woo-bin’s new movie plagued by legal suit

Actor Kim Woo-bin’s new movie “The Con Artists” is getting embroiled in an unexpected controversy with an extra filing a lawsuit against the production company. 

(Trinity Entertainment)

While shooting a scene in a club in April, three extras and one of the main cast fell when the glass stage shattered. The plaintiff, an extra identified by the surname Cho, claims that the shooting went on without medical care being provided.

In filing the complaint, Cho accused the CEO of the production company Trinity Entertainment and two of the producers of negligence and violating the Occupational Safety and Health Act.

Cho claims that shooting for more than 15 hours without being treated resulted in injuries to the back, neck and legs requiring 24 weeks to fully recover. 

Cho also claims that although the Korea Worker’s Compensation and Welfare Service acknowledging the incident as an industrial accident, the production company has not made reparations. 

The company, for its part, refuted the claims saying that the offer of medical attention was refused by Cho.

Company officials told local news services that Cho was given treatment available at the location, and that the company covered the costs of treatment Cho later received. 

The company also argues that Cho had initially agreed that the injuries were minor but later claimed that 24 weeks of medical attention was needed. 

According to reports citing an unnamed witness, it was a minor incident in which the actors fell about 50 centimeters to the ground when the glass floor broke. 

The witness was also quoted as saying that an extra who sustained cuts to her leg was immediately transferred to a hospital and that Cho refused to go to a hospital. 

(khnews@heraldcorp.com) Kpop Herald

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"“The Technicians” Responds to Reports that They Neglected Actors Injured on Setkiddy_days January 7, 2015 SOOMPI“The Technicians” Responds to Reports that They Neglected Actors Injured on Set

Associates of the movie “The Technicians” have revealed that they are taken aback by the reports that they did not take care of injured actors.

On January 8, Trinity Entertainment, the production company behind “The Technicians,” explained to a local news network: “While four extras were on a club stage, the stage suddenly broke and they fell through. One of the actors was cut on the leg, so we transported the actor to the hospital immediately. When we asked the others how they were, they said that they were fine. We took a short break and continued to ask, ‘Are you sure you don’t need to go to the hospital?’ but all of them replied, ‘It’s fine.’”

They continued, “The actress that made the complaint wasn’t even a formally contracted extra, but came because of the introduction from an acquaintance. She did not have an important part, so there wouldn’t have been a huge problem if she hadn’t participated in the shoot at all. She stayed until the afternoon even though she didn’t have to, and her boyfriend even came to visit the set. It wasn’t a situation nor atmosphere where we could have forced anything on her.”

In response to the reports calming they did not properly compensate the actress for the accident, they said, “She contacted us later and told us that she wasn’t well. We asked her to bring us a receipt, and she gave us a 2-week medical bill of 380,000 KRW (approximately $380 USD). We compensated her with that much. Then suddenly, she said through her attorney that she wanted to settle for the incident. We were very taken aback. Then when we said, ‘We don’t think this is a matter to settle for,’ she sued us the day before the movie opened. Through investigations, we will be explaining the situation thoroughly.”

Earlier this day, one outlet revealed that “The Technician” producers did not compensate an extra actress for injuries during a shoot. According to that outlet, “Last April, a glass stage broke while filming in a club in Cheongdam-dong, Seoul, and the main actor and three extras were hurt. However, they were not taken to hospital and were forced to continue filming for another 15 hours.” They added, “The producers handled the situation poorly, and even after the shoot, they failed to call an ambulance. They didn’t take responsibility for compensation either.”

Source (1)

• 1 month later...

Finished the movie and i can say i liked it a lot,Kim Woo Bin was great in his role and hope to see him more in this type of roles...Lee Hyun Woo was also great and not to mention Veteran actor Kim Young Chul who played the antagonist...I wasn't bored at all from start to end and the plot moved quite fast,the action scenes were pretty cool...The cameos were quite funny...Every character has a role in the movie...Kim Woo Bin looked quite good along Jo Yoon Hee just like the story connecting them had some essence...The story might not be something new but it was well played..I also want to mention the OST,totally loved it...If they wanted they could make even a sequel...For my taste i liked it a lot more than Thieves if i were to compare by genre....

Archived