[Drama 2014] Mama 마마

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@baduy Thank you once again for another of your very insightful post. Although the k-divorce process seems cumbersome, it bodes well for the sacred institution of marriage. Esp when kids are involved. There are seemingly more than one opportunity for a couple to finally cut their married ties. 
Personally, I would prefer it if TJ would give JE the freedom she wants and needs to 'build' her own life, and her own self, her own way - as a friend (to SH) first, then a woman and a mom. If TJ would give JE that 'breathing and building' space, and after some time has elapsed, re-pursue JE again, then IMO their remarriage would be stronger and healthier..  
Co-incidentally, that NE/DN drama that you mentioned was pretty highly recommended by a couple of korean friends. But I could not find it online todate yet. Like you said, perhaps there will be versions squirrelled away waiting to be uploaded. 
Still waiting for ep 22 to be engsubbed.... getting impatient. Can't wait to see what will happen!

Thanks so much...i can't wait for your thoughts  about today episode...and what you think will happenn with our characters...JE SH SJ GR TJ...JUST 2 MORE EPISODES UNTILL THE END...

@andy78‌

Only 2 EP???? Are you sure about that? ... I thought it was 30..

Noooooooo :((

I love this drama, I have liked every Episode. I wish We could see more of JS. I guess the married fell apart. I have to wait the subs.

I cried a lot today. I have come to love Yoon Chan Young's acting.

Let me start by saying that both  TJ and JE mother's are bonkers, both of them in TJ home one taking down all the pictures of JE the other taking all of the things JE bought to the home when they married . TJ mom however is really not to believed, even if she hadn't done what she did to SH in the past, look at the two men she raised and ask your self if either is an example of the kind of man you would want your son to be.SH should tell her go home and make a man out of the son you are still raising and when he becomes one come back and renegotiate your position.
 As sad as the ending was I'm glad that GR knows whats going on, if things go wrong he needs to be prepared as well.
 I assumed that the men with the boxes were prosecutors and since SH and JS live at the same place they just confiscated all art work it's not like there are two separate dwellings, they connect inside by a flight of stairs. Dir. Kim and RY will end up in jail because it will be proven that they falsified those documents or funnier still would be if this was SH doing and that she set this up for JS as a way of thanking him for all he has done for her.The really stupid thing about this if it is all their plot is what makes Dir. Kim think they will fire JS dad and make him the CEO, they already fired him for the mess he made before. I assumed that because of his position they gave him ex amount of time to clear out by.
Can't till subs are up so I can see how bad my guess are.

@IBELIS As far as I can tell, the men with boxes are part of the company. They were investigating the allegations Director Kim made: Director Kim and KRY leaked to the board something illegal that JS's father did (something he really did). I think they are trying to make it look worse than it is, but point is, JS's father did screw up and he'll to have to leave his position of CEO.

I love that GR finally knows the truth. Now I think that every secret is out in the open. Except for BN who still doesn't know anything, it might be time that someone told her the truth...
Very sad episode, like yesterday's. But very good episode too. Now let's hope that the company plot line is quickly resolved next week, and that the writer chooses to focus on SH/JE and SH/GR for their goodbyes, and on JE/GR for their new start together.

@baduy I remember watching Definitely Neighbors on Viki last year. It was not available in Europe, but I managed by using a US-proxy. But now the drama doesn't appear to be available in the US anymore, so that option is off the table. It's a shame, that drama was not a masterpiece and the romance part never worked for me, but it had its moments, and I loved the way they handled the divorce and the loss of the child.
Moral of the story: if you see a good drama that is only available for free on Viki, watch it quickly before it becomes too late! You might want to start with Heaven's Garden, that way you'll get to see Yoon Ho Jung even if you can't watch Definitely Neighbors.

@‌jadecloud

I totally agree with you. It's beautiful the way the writer is portraying Love.

And maybe none of you have an idea of what is to be diagnostic with such a disease. I have no idea if this come happens to a child. But I had cancer and I can tell you from an adult's point of view. It's really stressful, not to be able to cry or to say anything in front of my family because i didn't want them to worry about me. But at the same time, I needed to cry and to talk about what was in my mind. And JS is the person that SH found to do it. So I totally understand this drama, even though I don't have a son, it would been even worse.

I thanks God for be able to heal me. I just keep waiting for my JS.

Sorry for my poor english, it isn't my first language

@‌jadecloud

I totally agree with you. It's beautiful the way the writer is portraying Love.

And maybe none of you have an idea of what is to be diagnostic with such a disease. I have no idea if this come happens to a child. But I had cancer and I can tell you from an adult's point of view. It's really stressful, not to be able to cry or to say anything in front of my family because i didn't want them to worry about me. But at the same time, I needed to cry and to talk about what was in my mind. And JS is the person that SH found to do it. So I totally understand this drama, even though I don't have a son, it would been even worse.

I thanks God for be able to heal me. I just keep waiting for my JS.

Sorry for my poor english, it isn't my first language

@jadecloud‌

micela said:

@‌jadecloud I totally agree with you. It's beautiful the way the writer is portraying Love. And maybe none of you have an idea of what is to be diagnostic with such a disease. I have no idea if this come happens to a child. But I had cancer and I can tell you from an adult's point of view. It's really stressful, not to be able to cry or to say anything in front of my family because i didn't want them to worry about me. But at the same time, I needed to cry and to talk about what was in my mind. And JS is the person that SH found to do it. So I totally understand this drama, even though I don't have a son, it would been even worse. I thanks God for be able to heal me. I just keep waiting for my JS. Sorry for my poor english, it isn't my first language

@jadecloud‌  i'm glad you won the war with cancer!!!i so hopped SH would do it too...win the batle  ...but it seems she won't make it....i'm so sad...she is trying so hard...i'm glad she has JS...He is awesome!

I was the one who won the war with cancer, not jadecloud. And yes, Indeed SH is lucky for find someone like JS.

I think SH will die, but with the new treatment, she will live maybe 5 or 6 years more. It will be very clever if the writer do it that way.

Guest haewon225

SPOILER(?) - Ep. 22micela said:I think SH will die, but with the new treatment, she will live maybe 5 or 6 years more. It will be very clever if the writer do it that way.

micela

said: @‌jadecloud I totally agree with you. It's beautiful the way the writer is portraying Love. And maybe none of you have an idea of what is to be diagnostic with such a disease. I have no idea if this come happens to a child. But I had cancer and I can tell you from an adult's point of view. It's really stressful, not to be able to cry or to say anything in front of my family because i didn't want them to worry about me. But at the same time, I needed to cry and to talk about what was in my mind. And JS is the person that SH found to do it. So I totally understand this drama, even though I don't have a son, it would been even worse. I thanks God for be able to heal me. I just keep waiting for my JS. Sorry for my poor english, it isn't my first languageQ

Heart wrenching episode. I hope the last two will be more upbeat.
  I was taken back by the outfit JE's SIL was wearing in the coffee shop.  That gold lame ballet skirt to the shirt was bizarre.  She has worn very trendy and pretty outfits, but this one was a bit much.  I wonder if JS and HS will marry at this point. GR might be the one who resolves who and where he will live after Mom's death (if she does die, seems likely since the Dr said the treatment was not working).  

Guest haewon225

Please excuse me while I vent. 
(Fyi, this is regarding the conversation between Seung Hee and Tae Joo's mom around 36 minutes in. Subs are up on Viki.)  OMG!  I am so irritated right now. The nerve of that woman!  How dare she!  Initially, I gave her the benefit of the doubt because she seemed genuinely shocked to hear about Seung Hee's condition.  Then the whole "I'll make up it up to you by raising your son well" just... ARGH!!!!  ANGRY!!!  How dare she!  I'm so upset with her that I can't even express it in words.  The look on Seung Hee's face when she heard that... she was just as dumbfounded as I am.  I feel like my blood pressure is going to go up because of this drama.  So many... evil relatives. 

ep  22  is  so  heartbreaking.  here  is  a   dying  woman  doing  everything  just  to  extend  her  life  so  she  could  see  her even  for  one  more  day  and  on another  part  of  the  world  in  oregon  usa,  we  read  a  woman  who  already  chose  a  day  for  her  assisted  death  day.  i  don't  know,  for  me  only  god  has  the  right  to  take  away a  life.  i  can't  understand  the ,   rudeness  of  some  korean  women  or  they  only  exist  in  kdramas  from  the  mistress(the  co  worker  in  the  office  exiled  to  china)  to  the  sister in law  to  the  mothers  in  law.  how  can  they  be  so  rude  and  callous  in  their  treatment  of a  sick  dying  person.in  a  way,  ji  eun  should  be  thankful  to  heesung  for  teaching  her  how  to  be  independent  and  to first  think  of  what is  good  for  her  and  not  live  for  others.i  just  hope  that  there  would  be  light  moments  in  the  next  2  final  epis.

Archived