How do I fall asleep?

Guest Kerriganton

• 7 months later...
Guest sarahlouise

• exercise late in the afternoon
  • switch off TV/computer 30mins before bed
  • eat a light dinner 
  • ensure the room is blacked out (light is more of a distraction than noise)
  • turn temperature down slightly
  • do some breathing exercises in bed

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hotpepper8

I can relate to you.  Some nights are rough.  Try to do something that makes you tired before hitting the hay (e.g. reading, drinking cup of hot tea).  A hot bath, I find, really relaxes me.  If you're going to read an interesting book, make sure to keep track of time.  For some people, playing on electronics before bed doesn't help.  Try to sleep in a dark room with a slightly cool environment.  Try to wear breezy, silk pajamas in the summer.  Also if you just flip around in bed for a while you'll probably just fall asleep w/o knowing.

Guest kkaebjongie

I used to be like you, but I've been getting better sleep lately. For me, I turn on soft K-Pop and open my curtains so I can look out at the stars. I recommend any kind of noise, whether it's the white noise from a fan or airplanes, or your favorite music but softer. I also find if I give myself something to focus on I can sleep better as well, instead of being scatterbrained about different things. That's why I open the curtains and focus on the stars. I also recommend warm tea, preferably Chamomile because that's sleep inducing. If you make some, don't add sugar-- it'll keep you up, so add honey instead.
I hope you sleep better! (:

Archived