[Drama 2014] Temptation 유혹

Guest sunshine4ever

I feel like the wife might be the first one to cheat on her husband maybe emotionally or even physically with the guy who has a kid. Then the husband loses his trust in his wife and starts to fall in love with the woman who offered him the million $. This is what I felt after watching this drama in couple minutes, because I hate watching movies and dramas about cheaters in general. I just wanted to give it a try since i loved stairway to heaven.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

SeokHoon and Hoon Joo date in Hong Kong. Love how that wear couple shirt.10556331_826509480694066_578294589908247
via SBS
So PHS wear wig/hair extension in this drama right? Cos her hair currently is short. nabuta2 said: I don't understand why there is no hype around this wonderful drama.

Possible new love line ?  Hong Ju's bro and Se Young 's sis....
zsunpc.jpg

Thank all friends in here I really enjoy reading all your comments especially about character analysis. Me as CJW's fan for quite long time really enjoy this drama cause Jiwoo super gorgeous. I love all the moment SH and SY together their conversations and Drama now still unpredictable. Can't wait for ep.3-4. 
PS love all the musics and backing tracks in this drama too ( even only 2 eps ) ha ha.....I hope full OST. version will gather them all. 

Hello Everyone ... I was pleasantly surprised to see this drama pop up on dramafever in my GoogleTV. I really love CJW. She doesnt age at all and KSW is not normally my ideal type but he has a great body and acts so well.

SY and SH made a lasting impression with each other 10 years ago when SH was interviewing for a job. SY immediately recognized him, well that maybe because she is a smart business woman with a brain that can remember everything. I wouldnt be surprised if SH had a crush on SY 10 years ago. What would a tall, beautiful, smart woman look to an ambitious young man? Somehow SY was impressed by SH's boldness when he confronted her 10 years ago, but it ends there because even if she liked him (even for a little bit), it will not go anywhere since she is a chaebol heiress and he is a lowly intern.

I did not think SY will purposely break up a marriage and pay someone to be her boy toy. I think she was mainly curious how this bold man from 10 years ago will react to such an offer and if he bites, she would like to get to know him more. She is not the kind of woman to play around with men because she doesnt know how. She only knows how to reject them or do business with them. If she wants to seduce SH, she could have easily dressed sexy for him and stuff. Notice even the way she reacted when the bike hit a bump and she had to put her arms around him. She could have hugged him all that time and felt his abs (I would!!!!). She doesnt look like she has ever been in love that is why her dad is pushing her to go on vacation and meet some guy so she can produce the next line of heirs. The fact that they showed her meeting with her OBGYN and she is in the pre-menopause stage and has fibroids in her uterus, but delayed surgery tells me that somehow our main couple will eventually have an affair and she will get pregnant.

With regards to who takes the next step for our couple to have an affair, I think SH has already done that. He bought her 3 hours for $3 because even when he was very hateful towards her for buying him for 3 days. When the contract ended and nothing happened, I think he was somewhat disappointed! (LOL) Although he loves his wife, what man can resist this tall, beautiful, sexy and intelligent woman? His crush from 10 years ago is a touch away. He is a very ambitious man and I think a savvy business woman like SY really fits his style. At the end, he said that after that day, he would not see her again. That tells me that after he got over his misery of letting SY buy him for 3 days, he realized that she was not a bad person after all and his feelings for her are peeking through so he wanted to spend more time with her. If he did not care for her at all, he would have just thanked SY and taken the money, went straight home to his wife. He knows his wife is miserable and he needs to appease her, instead he spent the most time he can have with an amazing woman. Cherishing the moment while it lasted.

Guest Narda

jma030201 said: Hello Everyone ... I was pleasantly surprised to see this drama pop up on dramafever in my GoogleTV. I really love CJW. She doesnt age at all and KSW is not normally my ideal type but he has a great body and acts so well. I loved him in Love Story in Harvard.

- Sorry I just had to highlight this because if I'm not mistaken, Kim Rae Won and not Kwon Sang Woo was in this. <<< oops sorry ... fixed it... thanks! - jma030201

I agree with the rest of your post though. :)SY has her principles and like she said she was curious to see if a man could resist such an offer! 
But would she have just offered that to any man, a stranger perhaps?Maybe 10 yrs ago she did have a slight crush on him? So she took advantage of him now? Haha, that seems far-fetched from her personality though.

i started wanting to watch this drama because of Park Ha Sun, but this stills of her got me downloading the 2 episodes and watches it immediately. i just love her image. like a soft spoken+full of dignity young woman
park-ha-sun-5.png

i might change my profile picture if i haven't missed CW so much :PP
after watching the drama, i kinda think that her character is something similar to her character in Two Weeks. but since this is only 2 episodes, we have to watch out for her later :)i watched the drama because of PHS but after i finished E02, i have to succumb to the couple from my first ever favorite drama, Stairway To Heaven. *sobbing hard*
how could these two person looks sooooo perfect together?? and after watching it, everyone will see that SY isn't really that bad. she just in her mid-life crisis something about being lonely and wanting kids i think and wanted to help without having her cold-like person image goes tattered. and as for KMW and NHJ further involvement in this drama i kinda don't know how to predict. it seems like i haven't understand their dynamic yet and what will happen after SY+SH back from Hong Kong. 
and someone says why this drama isn't getting a good hype from people all over?? i like it better that way actually. cause' usually the kind of drama that got too much hype is The Heirs-like drama. i'm sorry if there are fans here i really don't want that in our drama. let it be watched solely based on the story+character+acting from the actors/actresses rather than the popularity of the actors/actresses.
have a good day everyone! till we meet again this wednesday XDD i like to watch both episodes before making my post :P

Guest wutmuvi

Love reading all the comments....

Maybe one day SY and SH will be drunk and they both blurt out saying that they both had a crush on one another back then.

Perhaps 10 years ago,  SH was the one who had a crush on SY. He probably admired and thought she was so young and talented to be a CEO of a company.  Maybe that was why he tried to study hard to applied into her firm, with a hope to meet his idol.  On the day of the job interview, SH looked more nervous toward SY than any other interviewers.  He probably thought he had impressed her with the interview and test scores.  Since, she turned him down for the job position, he felt most upset toward SY.  Life goes on and didn't expect to meet SY again when he's in a big debt situation.

SY did saved HJ life and now she saved SH from going in jail Personally, I think SY wanted to offer 1 mil to SH with no condition, but with his pride she wouldn't think SH would accept the offer so easily.  To SY 1 mil is only probably worth a penny. That's why she wanted him to do work for her in exchange of 1 mil.

There are many possibilities outcome for the next coming eps. Sorry for being bad, but I'm rooting for SY and SH.  Can't wait.....

I wonder how fate will bring them back together once they are in Korea if SH is bent on not seeing SY anymore. Maybe something will happen on their last day together so much so that they cannot stop themselves from meeting again. I think that might be the only way for them to be drawn to each other again ... if something very intimate happens between them that will make them miss each other. I hope that since this drama features matured characters, they will not shy away from PG-13 scenes or insinuations (meaning something happened but they just did not show it and just let our imaginations run wild).

If nothing intimate happens between them on their last day together ... will SY try to lure SH to her company and since his business is now bankrupt, he has to look for a job. But then again, HJ will not like that if he works for SY.

Come to think of it, the only way something will happen between them is if SY missed her flight back to Korean since she is leaving that afternoon. So my 2nd scenario might be more applicable if SY goes back to Korea as planned.

I bet SY will treasure that $3 (I think I have seen something similar in another drama).

Guest PikossaW

Coming episodes is killing me with my excitement and curiosity what will happen next... no preview for the next episode?

Guest adikkeluangman

Picture tweet from Jungshin

떡에 새겨진게 유혹아닌 홍규 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ빵터졌네요 감독님들,스탭분들께서도 너무좋아해주시더라구요 힘내서 열심히 할게요 감사합니다 이 더위에 촬영하느라 고생하는 우리용화형도 화이팅!! pic.twitter.com/9Shbqkauop

— 이정신 (@MentalShin)

July 15, 2014

Guest nancykimlee

Loving all the insights here! Before casting Choi Ji Woo, I was 99% sure that the story would skew in the direction of the married couple's reconciliation and happy ending, as with all other dramas that deal with extramarital affairs, but now I'm not so sure. I don't think any of us condone cheating or affairs but it's real and relevant, so from a narrative standpoint, I'm more interested in the development and explorations of why relationships sometimes fail and what makes it work. What also makes this a little different is that the married couple are both presented with situations where boundaries are being crossed, Suk Hoon with Se Young and Hong Joo with Min Woo and his kid. Because the premise itself is about temptations, I'll forego the finger pointing and instead focus on our characters' arc and their sticky relationships. 
The sandcastle symbolism and Suk Hoon and Hong Jong at the beach in Hong Kong reminded me a lot of the film 'To The Wonder' by Terrence Malick (poignant and visually breathtaking but not for the casual viewer). There were significant shots of the couple in the film at Mont Saint Michel, and then them frolicking through wet sand with oncoming waves that hinted at trouble in their relationship. Those imageries poses the thoughts (without being entirely religious): a house built on sand vs. a house built on rocks. It's too early to say and probably unfair to judge at this point, but one would assume that Suk Hoon and Hong Joo's marriage isn't as sturdy as it seems. Granted, we're only introduced to them through financial difficulties which would put a strain on any relationship, but the lack of communication, trust and understanding was also magnified through this whole ordeal. Waves are to be expected but foundations will also be questioned. 
@lmangla I love and agree with your response to @dramadilla here. :) 
Another thought while watching and it may be a bit reaching but I wonder if that afraid comment made by Suk Hoon alludes to Se Young's past and how it currently affects her and this deal. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it but that scene was layered with possibilities even if the intent was a direct statement that left room for interpretations. At the end of ep 2 when Se Young was packing up, she was on the phone with her dad and told him to take Mrs. Jung there. There's been no signs or mention of her mom (yet, right?) so I'm guessing that she may be deceased and this Mrs. Jung could either be a lover and/or caretaker. If it wasn't directly affected by her parents, then I'd imagine a failed relationship caused her to be shaken up and therefore jaded and indifferent about marriage and family. Something significant had to have happened for her to be a work-a-holic and one who doesn't know how to simply relax or enjoy. So being afraid here could be applied to her beliefs in relationships, the awareness of what her presence could mean for an existing one (and possibly why she made rules and insisted that he'd call to clear things up with his wife) and also how it affects her. There were moments along the way where she became vulnerable and susceptive to him - like the elevator breather, him opening the bottle for her during lunch, and before they ordered dinner - all of which revealed another side to her that isn't as strong and put together as she seems. And when he made those comments with her on the other side, I felt as if it's an acknowledgement of her distance and awareness of the repercussions for this deal and how it could possibly stem from something deeper or of the past, if that all makes sense. 
Re: The bicycle scene 
I like this scene for a few reasons:1. It was the first and last time in Hong Kong where Se Young went and did something fun and with someone else that wasn't work-related. 2. It was a bump in the road for Se Young and naturally, it would make sense to hold onto someone but she's fearful and careful so she only holds on slightly. 3. It was their first skinship and it wasn't initiated by either but happened because of the circumstance, a bump. So it could be said that Fate will bring these two together even if it's not their intent. :) 
And honestly, I find Min Woo to be more concerning than Se Young but I'll save that for another time since this post is already uber long, sorry!

Today Starjiwoo ( CJW's fan club ) provide 150 sets Lunch...something Chicken Soup ?  to all Temptation casts and crew.....how lovely they are !!
FiDo1h.jpg
j587VD.jpg
beB6kV.jpg
nLCZNp.jpg
VhSiab.jpg
vJ3Xsb.jpg

cr. starjiwoohttp://www.starjiwoo.com/renewal/2362283

and Jiwoo has clip thank to fan for support TemptationuuK9NK.jpg
Thank you, fans like my new drama temptation! I will work harder to play good! Monday met! Next week more exciting! Friends do not forget to watch!

check the clip here ka 
http://www.starjiwoo.com/renewal/2361505

Guest drjj3390

Hey I'm new to this forum but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in because I find this drama intriguing. I think that SY and SH past runs deeper than what has been shown. I think they were involved in a much deeper relationship in the past solely on the fact of how they relate to each other in the present. It just doesn't likely to me that her rejecting him for a position 10 years ago would have caused such a memorable experience for the both of them. I mean she probably did it many times before with other candidates, what makes SH special? Like when SH was drunk and talking to SY through the door, it seemed like what he was saying affected her more than it should. When he was telling her of how he and HJ should've never came to Hong Kong in the first place, then admitted to being at fault for the things that happened. I don't think he was only talking about what happened in HK, but was also talking about what happened between him and SY in the past. When he said that it was all his fault, the expression on SY'S face looked like that comment was directed at her. As if he had done something wrong to her in the past. I think that's the fear he was talking about. Letting him in again. Or the other instance when they were in the restaurant together, and she looked at him briefly like she had fallen in love with him. It just seemed to soon for some person to give that kind of look to a person she hardly knew at one point. This is just one conspiracy I have so I look forward to the future episodes.

Strange enough the wife was ready to sacrifice her life knowing there will be no solution to their financial problems, however when given one easy way out, just rejected the idea without any further considerations.

Irony when a woman or man offers such deals the first to come to anyones mind will be 'selling ones body for money'? Even when was merely used to help in her business deals, I suppose deep down the expectations/suspicioun from both lingers.

She will keep teasing him this way to a point of no return when I am sure both will be madly infatuated with each other. Their relationship will be similar to the previous kdrama 'one warm word'.

Guest adikkeluangman

Another photo tweet by Jungshin. This was from last week but I don't see his wearing this shirt in last episode caption or did I miss it.

드라마 촬영장에서 따끈따끈한 홍규 사진이 도착했습니다! 더운 날씨에도 열심히 촬영중인 #이정신 오늘 밤 10시 첫방송 되는 SBS월화드라마 #유혹#나홍규 #BOICE 여러분의 많은 관심과 사랑 부탁드립니다 pic.twitter.com/opkMnYX2m9

— CN_FANCLUB (@CN_FANCLUB)

July 14, 2014

Archived