[Drama 2014] Temptation 유혹

Guest sunshine4ever

Triton823

said: ... I just

have a disdain for the subject

matter...reminds me of the movie Indecent Proposal here in the US. I'm though hoping that there won't be a reunion because I prefer the second lead to get the gal... Besides I'm a big fan of the second male lead....so you guys

already know whom I'm rooting for! ;)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watched ep 1 & 2 and my first thought was thank goodness, it is not artsy!!!! :D
it has a great melo vibe and CJW is really rocking it as impersonal businesswoman...

am not sure why but thought Se Young's explanation on why she bought Suk Hoon seemed like a story she made up so that he can continue assuming whatever he thinks of her, a sort of pride keeping measure, and that was something he himself picked up on after he was drunk. he said that she was afraid but he didn't start it and basically would have been ready to go to her if she didn't switch off the lights. when she sighs in the elevator after the business meeting, Suk Hoon looks at her and then she puts her poker face back on. so he in a sense sees her despite her poker face.

feel like she just didnt know what to do with herself for four days because work is her life. but at the same time, she is faced with having a hysterectomy and facing a life of no children. it is different when it is a choice you have made for yourself vs something that gets pushed on you. so while she didn't want or need children/relationship till that point, the idea that it is closed off to her now is bit upsetting to her. we can see that when she keeps putting her hand on her tummy and the director shows a closeup of her shaking hands and then pulling herself to go for a walk where she finds Hong Joo at the beach... so she was lonely, going through a personal difficult time and wanted someone to keep her company. but she is most comfortable working and so chose Suk Hoon to work rather than do "cheesy things" as she says.

it is interesting that both suk hoon and se young remember that interview and their confrontation that happened 10 years ago. 10 years is a long time and one would have met so many people. yet, their short brief meeting left a deep impression on both of them. is it because it was a clash of ideals where she didn't idealize him and instead told him the reality? was it the first time that someone stood up to her and so she saw him as a man?

@oyeleyeolusina -- agree with you completely. feel like Hong Joo was at least partially to blame for the situation. Suk Hoon told her that he felt like he can't afford to have any pride because his wife tried to commit suicide just for money, for her father's house. the whole time she keeps saying that her father's house has to be saved and she was willing to give up her life for it. so she put him in a terrible situation where he is forced to try do something, anything to keep the house afloat. she basically decided that he is beyond saving and now, she is punishing him for making that choice... now, looks like she will be tempted as well with min woo offering her money to look after his son except she will justify it as work... wonder if the drama is more about the temptation of money as opposed to affair...

@rain719 -- isn't it great to see a smiling LJJ? was thinking of how funny it is to see his wife who acted with him in "a hundred years inheritance" and especially how unhappy she is while he happily ignores her... (for those who haven't seen it, she was the clingy, whiny, mean second lead who tried all sorts of things to get him)...

it was interesting to see his interaction with se young; love how cheeky and sarcastic both are with each other. had to laugh in the beginning at the sarcastic comments that se young makes to attorney choi about min woo. but wish min woo would have told his mother that boy babies come from Y chromosome from the sperm and it is not the egg which determines if it is a boy or girl and so to stop blaming the wife.. hmm... guess it would be difficult to give a biology lesson to your mom on how babies are made...

green-scarf-emoticon-22.gif

dreamingpure said:

class="post-title"

Temptation Episode 2 Review: Kwon Sang Woo Suggests Choi Ji Woo a Bicycle Date

In Temptation, episode 2, Cha Suk Hoon(played by Kwon Sang Woo) suggested Yoo Se Young(played by Choi Ji Woo) a bicycle date.

Previously, Suk Hoon called Na Hong Joo(played by Park Ha Sun) and apologized but she was still mad. Suk Hoon felt guitly and got drunk that night. Se Young saw this, and told him the next day that he does not need to work for her anymore.

Suk Hoon asked, “Don’t you have an afternoon flight? This time, I’ll pay you 1 dollar for an hour, total three hours.” He then suggested her to ride a bicycle together.

cr: koreandrama

Guest PikossaW

@Lmangla -- my thought was that he was trying to buy his pride back in a sense and she sort of gave in to him by doing whatever he wanted to do which was a bicycle date. so basically sort of make things even. at the same time, he doesnt want to meet her ever again and she knows and is fine with that. but in a way, he was falling for her because she challenges him intellectually and emotionally. plus, he does find her attractive -- in the restaurant, there is a guy who is almost dead lying on the floor and instead, he keeps staring at her... that was such an odd scene because he is doing CPR and it looked like she was checking out his muscles... poor almost dead guy. no one cares about him. plus, for a nurse, why doesn't she do CPR instead? is it because she has no arm muscles???

Guest adikkeluangman

Another picture of CJW at airport via SBS10502135_826030407408640_861633043205904

So the kid actors in this drama Roy is Min Woo son and the other two are SH-HJ.
Looks like we have two agencies in this drama. JYPE with LJJ as main lead, Fei on EP1 and also Kwon-Fei sing the second OST. Then we got  FNC Entertainment with Lee Jung Shin and actress Kim So Young (apparently she was ex-JYPE too). Just wonder if we will get a song from FNC Ent.

Their chemistry  is very powerful.   The intensity is WOW.  I personally don't care about the message of the drama, since its only a drama and i'm watching it for entertainment only and the very charistmatic actors.   I am sooooooo shipping Se Young and Suk Hoon   

:x

Gosh trying to hold out watching this drama until at least 6 episodes have aired.. I don't know if I'll be able to hold out that long the pages are moving fast here.. So I guess I'll start my read first and see what you awesome commentators have to say about temptation..    

Guest dramadilla

I have watched the first two episodes of this drama and i love it already all thanks to the awesome cast! Rooting for Se Young and Suk Hoon to end up together of course :P (How they could resist each other till now is the big question lol)

There is one thing that i didn't quite get in the ending parts of episode 2 though... What did Suk Hoon mean by saying "I know you are afraid right now. But I'm not the one who made you afraid. You were scared from the start, werent' you?".

AFRAID OF WHAT?

Someone care to enlighten me please?? (because apparently he must be right about whatever he meant since SY didn't reply but turned off the light in her room and also ended the deal next morning after SH said those things). I would really appreciate it! :)

Done with episode 1 and episode 2 *scratching my head*

Honestly this is my first drama with a marriage issue like this ( well, i watch this because i miss ji woo ahjumma and sang woo ahjussi here)
But after i watched them, why i have a feeling this couple really have a big bang ending :| ?
Okay my question is why Se Young always shows her poker face whenever she goes and why Suk Hoon knows about the mask that Se Young wearing in front of people :|
Will they fall each other ? Se Young with Suk Hoon and Hong Joo with Min Woo :|

Guest PikossaW

posterphoto461680.jpg  

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Temptation" Episode 1

Temptation" started with no lack of dramatics and speed. There was suicide, crippling debt, wandering eyes, illegitimate children, illness, chaebol heirs, a foreign vacation, and more - the necessities of every self-respecting melodrama - all packed into one hour. This set-up was quickly, efficiently done with very little spared for character development. It was incident after heavy-handed incident. Each character had a burden to shoulder and a sob story to share. 

Choi Ji-woo as the no-nonsense business woman Yoo Se-young led the pack with her layered performance. She has instant chemistry with each character on screen, which will make the illicit romance to come scintillating indeed. I'm not as sure about the way the plot will play out with it's stereotypical setup, but at least the acting is stellar. kwon Sang-woo as faithful husband Cha Seok-hoon is endearing while his doting wife Na Hong-joo (Park Ha-seon) is pitiable. Everything is as it should be. It's hard to determine the outcome with how cookie cutter this first episode was.

posterphoto461680.jpgposterphoto461683.jpg

Kang Min-woo (Lee Jeong-jin) has a son by a first love that is already interesting because the child, Roy (Jo Hwi-joon), is the easiest to empathize with of all the characters as children tend to be. They are not as tainted by the horrible mistakes adults often are. Min-woo is a playboy who already has children and his character is supposed to be grounded by falling in love with Hong-joo. Hopefully, he will learn to settle down and respect the fact that he has a family.

The heart of this episode was the married couple who struggle together through debt. They are achingly sweet with each other while Se-young and Min-woo are not quite as happy with their relationships. Se-young is married to her work; Min-woo finds no real pleasure in his family. The contrasts between the three situations will be interesting to highlight and explore.

On a different note, this episode had some of the best English-language acting by non-native English speakers than I've seen in a long time. The lines were delivered fluidly and naturally by the actors, leads and supporting actors alike. It was quite refreshing after the plethora of dramas with stilted English-language acting.

posterphoto461681.jpgposterphoto461684.jpg

Based upon this premier, I'm waiting to see what twists and turns "Temptation" will pull that will set it aside from the other dramas in this genre. Mostly that will entail the writers focusing on logical progression rather than what gets the largest emotional rise out of the audience. A happy balance of both would be best, of course, but logic is also sacrificed for "shock factor". Prove me wrong,"Temptation".

valsava said: Gosh trying to hold out watching this drama until at least 6 episodes have aired.. I don't know if I'll be able to hold out that long the pages are moving fast here.. So I guess I'll start my read first and see what you awesome commentators have to say about temptation..    

I watched the first 2 episodes and i am liking it.   I liked all the four leads especially KSW and CJW.  CJW is so appealing with her dress sense, hair style and her presence in this drama and i have to say a big hats off to her coordi for the good job.   No preview for ep.3????? they are only into 2 episodes, but already having the live filming problems..................... 

I don't know if this was posted already

Korean star.com

‘Temptation’ Kwon Sang Woo and Choi Ji Woo’s past is revealed

By Staff Writer | Jul 17, 2014 01:16 AM EDT

inShare

The new SBS Monday Tuesday drama 'Temptation' actress Choi Ji Woo explained to actor Kwon Sang Woo why he failed the interview to work at her company. On the second episode of the new SBS Monday Tuesday drama 'Temptation' which aired on July 15, 2014, Yoo Sae Young, played by actress Choi Ji Woo, and Cha Suk Hoon, played by actor Kwon Sang Woo, met for the first time.

Like Us on Facebook

On this day's episode, Cha Suk Hoon interviewed for a company where Yoo Sae Young is a CEO. While other interviewers complimented Cha Suk Hoon, Yoo Sae Young did not think he was the right fit for her company. After learning that he did not get the position, Cha Suk Hoon asked Yoo Sae Young why he did not get the position. Yoo Sae Young said, "Invest in people and grow people is an ideal suggestion that fits with the company's image. But the company does not run with just idealism." Cha Suk Hoon replied, "Are you saying I am an idealist?" Yoo Sae Young added, "And a smart and adventurous humanist." In related news, the SBS Monday Tuesday drama 'Temptation' tells a story of a man, who is on the verge of the end of his life, accepting an irresistibly fascinating offer. The drama chronicles the man's journey after accepting the offer, and his journey for true love. The SBS Monday Tuesday drama 'Temptation' premiered this Monday.

dramadilla said: I have watched the first two episodes of this drama and i love it already all thanks to the awesome cast! Rooting for Se Young and Suk Hoon to end up together of course :P (How they could resist each other till now is the big question lol)

There is one thing that i didn't quite get in the ending parts of episode 2 though... What did Suk Hoon mean by saying "I know you are afraid right now. But I'm not the one who made you afraid. You were scared from the start, werent' you?".

AFRAID OF WHAT?

Someone care to enlighten me please?? (because apparently he must be right about whatever he meant since SY didn't reply but turned off the light in her room and also ended the deal next morning after SH said those things). I would really appreciate it! :)

Archived