[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

ymiss said: @"Ldy Gmerm"‌, I see you in here! But no comments eh!? What do you think of the drama thus far? I have no problem what so ever with Se Ra! Gun and Mi Young met, encountered even before Se Ra came back to Korea! Se Ra chose her profession, career over Gun and that opened a bigger, the biggest door for both Gun and Mi Young! It's Se Ra's lost and Mi Young's gain!

bebebisous33 said: @valsava thanks for the compliment. 
Even at the wedding, when LG shouted YES, it was really painful to hear! Because, you could feel his despair behind the facade! And it was more painful that everybody didn't notice it, they all smiled and laughed!
I do feel sorry for LG! When SR will come back, she will be quite surprised. I am looking forward to see more scenes between Daniel and MY. I guess, he will the one who will support her!

Guest mdolphins

@Lj said: in TW version Dylan's character seems flawless, because he has been there for XY, he taught her a lot in life's struggle and how to handle things, I feel that in this version as well I will be crying my heart out to Daniel. But his character is too good to be true, but it's like there in no more to improve.....that's why is rather plain boring.

Hello fellow EC thread member...hugs. Onward...

After watching episode 4 and his scenes in it, I feel the same way you do that he is heading down the same likeably-perfect-second-lead path as Dylan. CJH is absolutely gorgeous and charming in this role and is doing very well with the brief scenes he has been given so far, but I can only be hopeful the drama will change something up in his character so that he can relate more to MY, who feels her flaws so consciously. My concern is If he is too perfect (like Dylan was) there will be no way she will ever be able to relate to him on a deeper level and will only feel guilt and friendship whenever he helps her out. The way I see it, his perfection will be a wall between them that MY will never even think to break down because compared to him she will always feel like she is a complete mess of a person.

I can see already MY feels LG is out of her league, with his wealth, looks, and fabulous GF, BUT I think she can connect with him because of his obvious flaws and their shared past of losing parents (her - father, him - both parents) and also because of the baby in her tummy.

In order to make the triangle more believable for me, Daniel's character has to be given more depth than just being a lovely support blanket whenever she needs someone to be there for her. I did like Dylan in the previous version, I found him adorable actually, but it bothered me to watch him get rolled over in the end. The way the drama is heading now, CJH will probably win a lot of hearts as Daniel, but for my part as a fan, I am hoping the writer/PD will give his role a bit more meat and depth, and MORE scenes, so we can love him more than just seeing him as a typical alternative hottie to make the male lead jealous. I know I am asking a lot from this drama, but seeing the excitement they seemed to have about casting him this role, it has made me hope he will be given more substance than just typical second lead fodder.

Regarding Sera, I am pretty much just waiting to see what the next 3 or 4 episodes show us about her character. Because in episode 4 she was given only a brief scene (that if I blinked a few times, I might have missed it) that simply seemed only to remind us viewers that she still existed. Just like I feel about Daniel, I hope she is also given more depth in terms of script to work with so that she won't seem so typical and clichéd as a character. That said, I can't wait to watch her dance and see her scenes with LG.

About the rest, I have no complaints at all, the drama is adorable, the Grandma is cute--not as adorbs as the original, but I can't complain because LG and MY are just so awesome!!! I love the soundtrack and the over-all style of the drama. Jang Hyuk is really pulling out all of the stops in this one and his character is just soooo absorbing, I have a hard time noticing others in the scene with him. I like him so much as a character that I will be able to put up with jerkish behavior from him. As long as the writer keeps him consistent, so we understand his feelings and the reasons behind them. I feel so far the writer has done really well with this so far, I hope that trend continues.  :)   :)>-

Guest reedtrip82

What I really want to see differently from the TW , is that after the miscarry they won't divorce and time gap. I prefer they work it out within their marriage and she became stronger after the whole experience .

Guest mdolphins

leeemyis said: This drama is getting better and better.  I love the Jang Couple so much.  Looking forward for the next episode.  In the preview, Gun is so funny when he saw her sleep with her eyes open.

Guest jastin2333

Yesterday,i saw ep1. I think that JH isn't  adapted to comedy,and his performace is too exggrated!But this drama is very interesting.

Guest marikolah

jastin2333 said: Yesterday,i saw ep1. I think that JH isn't  adapted to comedy,and his performace is too exggrated!But this drama is very interesting.

Guest chunnogirl33

@jastin2333‌ I respect your opinion, but I disagree. It is the character of Geon that is OTT. It is not the first time that Jang Hyuk does comedy, even if in recent years he has done more "serious" roles (although within those characters there was almost always some humor involved) I think he has good comic timing but It's not like I'm an expert anyway. My point is, try not to judge an actor based on one character. This is the first time he plays an ultra wacky character and I believe if the director is allowing it it's because that is what is required from him.

The discussion about Geon's seemingly manic laughter reminded me of what he said to his secretary - the more he thinks about things that makes others angry, the more he laughs. So it IS manic, it's not laughter from enjoyment or pleasure, but simply a nervous stress release. That's why it comes across as OTT and unnatural, because it is. We've yet to see a truly relaxed and happy Geon, and if the original is anything to go by, we won't until around episode 18-19

Episode 4 recap
Fated To Love You: Episode 4by HeadsNo2 | July 11, 2014 | 2 Comments

ftly4-00517.jpg

Our unintentional couple faces a life-changing decision that takes them (and us) for one hell of a ride in a densely packed hour filled with so much heart it’s bursting at the seams. But never fear—even with all the heavy issues at play, we haven’t yet tripped and stumbled into a melodrama. One of Fated To Love You’s more endearing qualities is that it knows how to pack an emotional punch without skimping on the laughs.

Numbers-wise, balance is being restored to the ratings system now that Fated is continuing its steady upward trend, going from 6.6% for its premiere to 9.0% this episode. Since double digits are the new 20%, it’s almost there. Fighting!

cr and more: Dramabeans