[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest notesinascale

gumi said: I thought it added a lot of things.....why is the drama unnecesssary? I felt like this episode actually worked to show what each characters were exactly feeling about each other. Very necessary to move on to the next part. Also it wasn't random at all, they had convincing explanation and didn't over-do it. You might not have been feeling it, but that doesn't make it a cheap melo.

I'm going to mute mode again till tomorrow. 
I cannot discuss the possibilities of what would happen tom because all of them are gonna be equally heart-wrenching. And thinking of it would make me crazy. I'm going to watch it like a clean slate ... only the writer's point of view with no expectations whatsoever. 
It's gonna be hard for me to stay away from the forum when I'm gonna be working the whole day on the laptop. 

notesinascale said: yoeda said: i don' think like that. the writer already have that in her mind from earlier episode coz we always knew there's genetic disease run in the family but we don't know what until tonight. if you read @ck10z earlier post about the disease it's not a simple syndrome. the amnesia not coming from nowhere, I have to salute her for really brave to put this new issue in K-Drama (yeorobun, correct me if i'm wrong if there any disease like this before). it's like she want us to learn something too not just knock him up in his head and make him forget for the sake of melo.
also, this episode is turning point how MY affect Geon life until he can't easily forget her. even with Sera by his side he still feel something not right. if we have a lover who suffer amnesia at least we want him to try remember us by refreshing all the good memories that we build together. another different path is, nobody say anything Geon just figure out by himself with every little thing in his house and office. it show MY is in his heart even AMNESIA couldn't fall them apart...longer than usual.

Queen Inhyun's man was awesome, It used amnesia... but it just blended with the plot that it didn't feel like amnesia. 
Here again I don't think I hated the use of amnesia. I was skeptic about it. I didn't want it. But I'm happy that they didn't show LG as a jerk and the tragic miscarriage breaking it up ... I'm glad that he had a genetic disease outbreak. The writer has done an awesome job in retelling the story, in my opinion. 

notesinascale said: gumi said: I thought it added a lot of things.....why is the drama unnecesssary? I felt like this episode actually worked to show what each characters were exactly feeling about each other. Very necessary to move on to the next part. Also it wasn't random at all, they had convincing explanation and didn't over-do it. You might not have been feeling it, but that doesn't make it a cheap melo.

Guest chunnogirl33

Melo or no melo these actors make everything better. I just watched that last scene. My Geon is crying and I'm crying with him :((

Guest notesinascale

gumi said: "Genetic disease" wasn't just a random disaster added on the plot cuz writers couldn't think of anything else. It's actually a more 'realistic' approach to the male lead's family history of living short lives...I feel like it's a little weird that people were more accepting to the setting that 'oh everyone in his family dies before 40. that's just the way it is.' but not accepting the genetic disease and feeling that setting is forced. Although I do understand why someone would not 'like' the plot, but that doesn't make it sloppy. There are families with genetic disease in real life too, and I don't see how that setting is considered sloppy over the top setting. And how exactly is Queen Inhyun's Man's amnesia is well executed and FTLY is not...? Don't get me wrong, I loved that show, it's one of my favorites and I loved how they used amnesia there. But I don't see any huge difference in why that execution would be considered good and this one floppy. 

notesinascale said: gumi said: I thought it added a lot of things.....why is the drama unnecesssary? I felt like this episode actually worked to show what each characters were exactly feeling about each other. Very necessary to move on to the next part. Also it wasn't random at all, they had convincing explanation and didn't over-do it. You might not have been feeling it, but that doesn't make it a cheap melo.

notesinascale said: But I never said that the whole family members dying thing was realistic? If anything I'll be the first to admit that this drama requires a lot of suspension of disbelief to work, even from the initial premise. Never did I deny genetic diseases in families exist or natural disasters don't happen or whatever. But when so many shows use them it's obvious that it's less about representing these situations in the fictional world and more about using them as fodder for drama. It's hilarious to me that a drama that's airing alongside FTLY is using amnesia as a plot point as well, shows how unoriginal this particular plot point it is :))
Because there one of the main themes of that drama was timelines and how messing with history affected them (and in a funny way they handled the amnesia well but their final explanation of how the character returned was sloppy). I doubt anyone wants me to analyze Queen Inhyun's Man on here though. :))

But why couldn't they have done all that without an amnesia? Last time we saw them they had almost everyone in their families and the public against them because of the contract, the company was also at stake, as was Gun's position as CEO. All that would have made for a fine exploration of the characters feelings and dynamics.

Also everything I write is my opinion even though I don't put in every single post. So yes for me it was cheap melo.

Because it wouldn't be FTLY without exhausting all the k-drama tropes? We alr seen those issues u mentioned last epi, I don't see how they will add on to "a fine exploration of characters feelings and dynamics". what can they do? Make a press conference? Confess their love? Use the whole epi to run around convincing people about their love n that the contract is just a smokescreen? I sure don't need convincing. I applaud them for being themselves. Because people that matter wouldn't care, and people that care don't matter.

Anyway my take on this show is - it evolves around geon n MY, and the writers are consistent in making sure of this. The conflicts comes from the 2 directly, no matter what the surrounding noise is. That being say d, I havent watch the epi, I won't comment if I like it or not, who knows maybe I share same view that it's a poor execution after watching? :)