[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Cara said: hkana said: How could Jang Hyuk is not nominated? T.T Can't they nominate more? FTLY was airing at the same time with the other two strong dramas, it's not fair to look at the ratings alone. I'm watching Mr. Back and I think so far it's been good and SHK is a great actor.  However, I think LG was more a complicated and difficult character. JH's portrayal of Leegun touched me more and left a deep impression.  FTLY story is tighter too, and chemistry between JH & JNR had more sparks. Is FTLY nominated for other categories?

TinaA said:

I mentioned before that the VIKI app posts viewer comments (which can be almost as entertaining as the shows) and while rewatching ep 13 of FTLY someone said something that should have occurred to everyone:  when MY was being interviewed about her exhibit, how come the reporters didn't mention her being Gun's ex-wife?  They must have recognized her and since when would the press keep silent when there's great story potential?  Maybe the Korean press is more respectful, but in the US they would have worked overtime:  three years ago, the quick divorce, she leaves the country with famous artist Daniel Pitt (who worked for Jang In Chemicals) while Gun's seen around town with his ex-girlfriend; now she's back in Seoul as Ellie Kim, rising star in the art world, and still with DP...they would have been after LG a.s.a.p. to get his reaction as well as followed MY and Daniel around, too. If they were "average people" it would have been another story but when you're rich, famous and in the public eye, they never leave you alone.

I'm glad the writers didn't go that route but I wonder if the thought crossed their minds?

JNR should be nominated for FTLY. Even she herself and JH said that KMY was a special character: she was someone who went through all those stages in her life - it was like HJW in Empress Ki but compressed in a shorter range of 20 episodes.

Naive girl who only wanted to experience love then...

Unexpectedly became a mother...

A wife...

All the while, she was experiencing her "first love"...

Lost her baby in a tragic accident...lost her family essentially as she parted with LG...

Became a successful artist...

It was like watching a butterfly develop.

The caterpillar, pupae, butterfly may be different yet they are one and the same creature.

Just how perfectly JNR portrayed KMY and her Ellie Kim layer.

Why I like KMY better than CXY is because her core never changed as Ellie Kim. Elaine for me became an all too different person...

Props to JNR for making KMY/Ellie Kim as complex and believable as a true person: she should def. win an award for acting!

Another funny scene that didn't make it to the on-air version of Episode 5.
After Miyoung and Geon's confrontation over the divorce agreement and Miyoung declares she will not give up the baby.Grandma Wang comes in looking for the newlyweds...

Screen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 23 15 pm
In the mancave, Geon and Miyoung hear Grandma calling for them...
Screen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 24 09 pm
Screen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 24 23 pm
Screen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 24 33 pm
Miyoung and Geon scramble to get out and meet Grandma Wang.
They're both somewhat out of breath because of the surprise and fear of getting caught with the divorce agreement. And this is the state which Grandma sees them. She at first assumes a different reason for the breathlessness kekekekekeke (I think we know who Geon got his pervyness from hahahaha)Screen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 25 09 pm
Screen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 25 23 pm
Screen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 25 33 pm

and then ...

Miyoung moves to the closet saying she'll change to sleep wear to break the awkwardness but Grandma just goes on....

Screen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 26 02 pm

I don't understand the idiomatic expression used here but Miyoung's "dohhh" face just cracks me up -- it's the same "doohhhh"  face she put on when she first saw the identical portraits of the Lee family ancestors, Dr. Octopus' telling amnesiac Geon she was his secretary and whenever Geon gets too neurotic...hahahha LOLsScreen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 28 14 pm

"You guys are too fast!" - hahahahahah Grandma's dictionary:mancave: noun. where sexy time takes place. specially necessary when bedroom does not seem to have a lock. LOLsScreen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 26 38 pm

Screen Shot 2014 12 06 at 5 26 46 pm
Yes, dear Geonnie-ssi...right now you're denying it fiercely but I think at some point, you've already looked back to this moment and regretted that you instead of pushing that divorce agreement to Miyoung, you should've just pulled her close to you and did that horizontal mambo in that mancave....LOLs..

I am sorry if this has been already addressed, but I did not want to see spoilers so I have not read many comments on this thread. I watched the Taiwanese version last year and I liked it a lot and I wanted to know how the Korean version compares. I am a big K-Drama fan and I my fav dramas are the tear jerkers and I want to know if you guys felt like the K-Fated to Love you is worth the watch if you have seen the Taiwanese ones. Thank you!!

rjsgrl said: I am sorry if this has been already addressed, but I did not want to see spoilers so I have not read many comments on this thread. I watched the Taiwanese version last year and I liked it a lot and I wanted to know how the Korean version compares. I am a big K-Drama fan and I my fav dramas are the tear jerkers and I want to know if you guys felt like the K-Fated to Love you is worth the watch if you have seen the Taiwanese ones. Thank you!!