[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

@honeywell, say it isn't so.  I had forgotten the ending of Soulmate.  I was not amused  :-O  I really hope that they indeed follow the TW version for the ending. I do not wnt an open ending or the snail couple getting back together the last half-hour of the drama.  This drama and this coupe deserve so much more.

Guest genmailjs

I cry with my OTP several time during watch ep 15 & 16. The last scene of ep 16, I'm so stress with them. Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara can perfectly express Lee Gun and Kim Mi Young sadness. It is a bitter and sweet pain. See sadness via their eyes, I'm so happy that they seriously love each other. I hope to see the perfect reunion in next episode. I want to feel only their happiness from now on. Dear Writer-nims and PD-nims. You did a very nice job! All episodes mix with love funny and sadness. It so balance and cool! I can't wait for the next episode. Please make Director cut DVD. I wan't to see all unreleased scene and all NG.  :x

Good morning everyone! I just finished this weeks episodes!

My gosh my heart!!! I always pick up the shattered pieces every week! Before I mourned for GaeDong, but this time I mourned for their love for each other, but I know that it will miraculously live because of the strong power that both possessed for each other.

This week they are on the stage of push and pull game, and I know that it's game over because Gun still accidentally/fate interceed to know about Mi Young's feelings, now is his time to come clean and tell what he really feel about her.

I would like to highly praised the main actors, they are sooooo good in conveying the feelings of the characters, the emotions are raw and I can't help but feel their pains if they feel tormented. I'm glad that I meet Jang Hyuk here in FTLY, I have know Jang Nara way years back and it's my bad that I didn't know that an actor name Jang Hyuk exist because I never watched his project and I thank FTLY, for having an amazing actor. On the side note I know rember watching his project and I didn't know that he is one of the guest in Running man! And he did that commercial challenge! Hahaha!

Anyway @honeywell‌ I don't think the director will give us open ended finale coz it clear that this two can only heal their wounds if they are together. Plus it's a remake and clearly they have the

happy ending

Guest Kdrama-lover

honeywell said: So we're to the last four...do guys think there's any chance that the writer will decide to have an open ending where we see them get back together but we never get to see them remarry or have kids together?

@beamonkr & @kimlean62

Thank you for your opinions. Yes, I do agreed that Sera mom did wrongly to humiliate and abuse her in public. She should not do at all. But I still do believe her action is bcos she do love Sera a lot? Upto now I don't see Sera have any sibling and I'm not surprise her mom might be a single mom. Which mean that is the reason why she is so possessive with Sera.

After watching Ep 16 screen/conversation between Sera and her mom at Sera apartment lift lobby. I really believe that Sera mom love and concern on her genuinely.

Their conversation as follows:

Mom : If you make up your mind, I will do anything for you. Quit your teaching job and start ballet again.

SeRa : I told you that I'm fine now. I like to teach, so I'm happy enough.

Mom : You may look happy on the outside but the truth is that you're suffering now

When Sera told mom that she will sees her dead if mom see LG again.....mom reply to her :

How can you say such a thing to the mother who raised you?

And mom walk away, I can feel that mom must be very sad with SeRa reply........

Guest Kdrama-lover

cloe said: the central of their pains are ggaedong..their beloved unborn child..like everyone here..i would like to see before the drama end..another ggaedong for them..pls drama heaven..lets that happens..as i noticed our gun can't really hold his desires toward MY anymore..he want to touch her, kiss her..arhhh poor my gun...i hope in the next episode we can see another rice pounding scene..the real one
:\"> i bet in one try..they will succes..lol..to think again..in just one night our snail couple had ggaedong compared to gun and sr who had a long relationships...and our snail couple will have an award as the fastest baby maker's couple in K-drama..

:D

Now I see the heart-shaped lollipops in different way after watching FTLY lol. that painting of lollipop man is really beautiful. I hope they don't forget with the poker chip Gun gave to MY in Macau because I want that poker chip play a significant role too like the lollipop.

Here the heart-shaped lollipops for everyone in this thread to calm ourselves down after watching episode 16 :D

SwirlheartLollipops1_zps91a4dc7c.jpg

I just finished the recent episode. I was really hoping they'd clear up their misunderstandings by this week or at least the end of  episode 16. We were all hoping that being stuck in the same room for a night would make things better, but it just made it more painful. Tbh what i really think they need to go together is counseling, like professional psychiatric counseling and not just ya know her mom or DP or something. I know art and painting is what helps MY, but maybe going to it together will help not be so hostile to each other. This is probably not gonna happen seeing as that we only have 4 episodes left lol. Also, i hope they get the ball rolling with the Se ra/DP sibling plot line...it's kinda boring to see bc they arent our OTP but it might be a refreshing thing to see them together happily bc a certain OTP are being stubborn and won't get together. 

Guest Kdrama-lover

chinjaru said: Today is Friday

giphy.gif

someone in me : stop crying!! and get back to your work!!Although you don't have the hot boss watching over you while you're working

dUPGVm.jpg

BUT YOU MUST TO DO YOUR JOB **a-ra -soh???****

Guest snowflakesj16

I have a question though, in the scene where Geon brought dinner to share with Mi Young then they argue and then it started getting awkward, and Geon decided to play music,what was the second song all about? The first one definitely was the song played during the "fireworks scene" but I don't get the relevance of the second song which made them all the more awkward.

errr, someone mess up with the page again?
@Kdrama-lover i think you should delete the pic instead put in the spoiler when you quote. :) try to edit it maybe the page will be back to normal again
edit: opps sorry! it's back to normal again

only1khj said: @spideysteve and @fourleafclover:  Now you've got me nervous.  Soulmate ended terribly! (imo) An open ended cliffhanger.  I hope the director won't let the writer do something like that with this story.  I've loved so much of the writing in the drama.  They've been fabulous.  Surely they wouldn't do a Soulmate ending to our snail couple!  :-SS

I just finished ep16 as well and still trying to let that ending sink in. It was so deeply moving and raw, and exactly how I had imagined the impact of Gun and Miyoung facing each other with the truth of themselves laid out so clearly in front of them. Wow.

I was having a grand ol' time during the episode until the moment Gun saw and touched the lollipop painting. Then the tears just flowed like waterfalls. What he said about giving her everything that's left of his happiness, that quote has always been a favorite of mine. For it to be repeated twice in today's ending scene highlights Gun's reality to a poignancy. He is resolute on his leaving Miyoung, but something in the way she has looked at him since they both mentioned the words "last"/"end"/"final" has me feeling like she will not pull back this time.

I did not realize how suffocated I had felt all along until after Gun let out his frustration to Miyoung over "his omma". If we felt suffocated, poor Gunnieeeee. That scene was perfect.

So many feelings.

//Edit.

@keylimeshi‌ I was hoping for more progress on Daniel and Sera's end too. But their little bit did not bore me.^^ Their relationship is one I'v been looking forward to a lot, but we need more.

Are we talking about "Soulmate"? It's one of my few favorite dramas! I agree with @fourleafclover‌ that the open-ended ending was appropriate. An open-ending is out of the question for FTLY. My belief in soulmates and fate is pretty strong though, so I'm willing to weather the storm that will sail Gun and Miyoung to their happy place.

Dramabeans recap is out. on the site note, i manage to post DVD demand request at post no. 2. 
Fated To Love You: Episode 16by HeadsNo2 | August 21, 2014 | 2 Comments

ftly16-00518.jpg

Good intentions can be just as poisonous as bad ones, as our hero maybe kinda sorta hasn’t come to realize just yet. But for as much as they interact both directly and indirectly, Gun and Mi-young are like two ships passing in the night when it comes to revealing their true feelings—although I’d put most of that blame on Gun and his inability to sort through his own feelings first. What’s a heroine gotta do to get a little honesty around here?

more...

The last minute of episode 16 was incredible!  The tension between Gun and MY was tight, breathtaking and nerve-racking...both were unbelievable with their gazes and expressions!!  Ho!  My heart...

Gun's stunned expression on the discovery of the painting and its "implications and truth" of MY's feelings... MY's stunned and disbelieving face seeing him with the painting--- took my breath away in one swoop...my heart thumped in overdrive! 

What I hope to see...

MY goes ballistic with anger and torment, lashing out at him for deceiving her...Gun reacts by impulsively pulling her in for a passionate embrace and kiss, which she resists...for five beats...then helplessly returns kiss after kiss mindlessly...sigh...

I realize that there's much to resolve between our couple...the misunderstandings that may still keep them apart--- MY's hurt from Gun cold rejection of her three years ago and Gun's fear of his condition and it's devastating effect on MY.  As in the past, MY still gets confused by Gun's actions and behavior! 

Gun needs to be resolute and clearly tell her that he loves and wants her back!!

The kiss may happen, but it may be brief and it may not bring a happy reconciliation between them...

We may well have to wait for the BIG REVEALS--- about the fake divorce document and of Gun's Huntington disease fear...

I would like to see MY "step it up" by going after Gun...please be "the aggressor"---being strong, assertive and stubborn... not letting Gun shy away in his fears.  She's shown that she's no longer a Post it girl...let's see her in her Bond Girl mode!!  :)