Philippine Idol

Guest neinsager

Guest neinsager

djoching, maybe that's true. if it were, they probably had to make all their servants and employees text 100 times each. or maybe he has a huge family. anyway, those were still 300000 votes. i'm not saying he got in because of teen votes. but i'm afraid that in the final 12 rounds, with him in there, a lot of better singers might get booted out earlier simply because teenagers vote for him. and that's what gets me so worried. this is the first idol show in the philippines. the best singer should win. otherwise, a lot of people will lose confidence in the show. remember malaysian idol 2?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest djoching

yup talent wins over anything...

if there were 300000 votes, and 12 contestants, you just need 25001 to have the edge over the others and that just around 50000 pesos worth...

Guest neinsager

djoching, sure. if you have 10 phones at home and 10 people calling for 22 hours, lol. and for that matter, gian doesn't exactly look poor either. but yah, votes from relatives and friends still do matter. but that's beside the point. when we get to the top 12, the votes will go higher until votes from relatives become like drop in the ocean. assuming that idol appeals to teenagers (as it does in almost every country it is shown in), teen votes will start to substantially influence the voting, if it hasn't yet.

Guest djoching

i'm also wondering what happened to gian? he looks rich enough for me to have his family supporting him at least at this point of the show?

or maybe, the audience just wanted to spite the judges for having favorites...

Guest neinsager

yun nga rin iniisip ko eh. he has so many friends in the theater and they definitely have money to spend on voting (i know, because i know some of them). and he works for SMART pa ah, lol. that's why i voted only 6 times for him, because i thought that was more than enough. apparently miguel's camp has more voting power. aww man.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Hi to neinsager, the #1 Philippine Idol fanatic, the show who got the most handsome & talented Pinoy males!!

I've just watched the show in full last saturday after one week of our midterm exams & it was so good hehe..

There was even a contestant who had a striking resemblance to Pinoy heartthrob Piolo Pascual..so handsome

top 12 guys performance tonight was as SUPERB as the stage. i hope it will be as spectacular for the girls' performance next week. it seems that the biggest problem was the sound system. the voices were drowned by the band and a lot of times i really had to try to listen. maybe it's also because of the venue (sm megamall cinema 3) which wasn't built for live performances. they probably spent a lot of money creating the stage, which was beyond expectations. it's great, and these are just the top 24 performances. but the acoustics were terrible. there was too much echo. and at one point, the mic conked out on one of the contestants halfway through the song. he went on singing anyway and was given another chance to perform the parts where the mic didn't work.

PS. how i wish i was there. juday was in the audience hehehehe.

hi neinsager, thanks for that quick recap about my first ever Philippine Idol episode last saturday..it's so nice!

regarding judy ann santos being there in the show, i think she's guarding ryan agoncillo against other girls eh

francis magalona & pilita corrales even commented that the male contestant who looked like piolo pascual was standing beside ryan so the two judges blurted out, "ryan, nasa tabi mo lang ung karibal mo, ingat ka"...

congrats to abc 5 & philippine idol for showcasing the most handsome & talented guys in this big competition!

djoching, maybe what im really scared of is the power of TEEN VOTES. no offense meant to teenagers (technically i'm still one), but as i observed in american idol and malaysian idol, teens tend to vote heavily for other teens. that's how some contestants who are clearly less talented than the others manage to stay around even up to the top 6, and even win the whole competition. which of course should not happen, IMO. this is a talent search in the first place.

hi neinsager, i totally agree with you..philippine idol should not be a competition based on age/sex/gender eh

Guest angel2nyt

really? i thought miguel made it because he's from a rich family and had the power to vote... at this point with 12 finalists, relative voting is still significant coz the votes are scattered....

i still think that's a factor.. i mean of miguel being in the top 4

but then again he has the crush ng bayan factor.. so a lot of people especially teens will vote for him

Guest neinsager

it's top 12 girls' performance tonight! please vote for your favorite. don't let what happened to gian happen to your favorite female contestant. if you want a good top 12, vote for your favorites! not now though but when the performance show ends tonight. voting is until 830pm tomorrow. thanks.

Guest djoching

well, he is sending my alarms off too...

nothing wrong with being gay for me as long as you are honest about it like pau and yova... i mean you don't have to shout it to the world but being honest about is more admirable....

Guest neinsager

djoching, yah i know. well if he's gay, that's great. at least there will be more cute guys hanging out at malate on saturday nights because that place is starting to dry up lol. maybe he hasn't admitted it yet because no one has popped the question. if he denies it, well who are we to say that he is? we've got no proof. if he owns up, i think a lot of people will respect him more. i actually lost respect for uma when he categorically denied that he's gay. if he were really straight, then why did he audition for OUT? secondly, he had been at malate far too often to be not recognized by anyone. and thirdy, i saw his scandal video. is he going to claim now that he has an evil gay twin?

anyway, i was slightly disappointed that neither ira nor mau got into the top 4. and JELI did. porke maganda. well that's democracy, philippine style. tsk. now they have to slug it out with 5 other girls in the wild card round. i like the other three girls that got in though (apple, armarie, and pow).

PS: jasmine trias' performance was WAAAAAY GOOOOOD! i mean, it's even better than when she first sang it on AI. other than a few problems with the high notes (if im not mistaken her voice kinda cracked a bit), it was superb. i love jazzy!

Guest neinsager

FINALLY! just when i was about to lose faith in the show, pinoys got it right. they voted for talent. yeah, someone got voted in apparently out of sympathy (ken) because he cried on stage like jasmine trias. but we've seen his earlier performance and he sang very well. it was just a bad night for him last night.

but anyway, i now know what it feels like when my favorites get through. both mau and gian got in! WAHAHAHA! and this is the only week that i didnt vote more than 10 times!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neinsager

Mr. C, FM and mamita chose the right people for us to vote.

i think so too though i cant help feeling sorry and nanghihinayang about the other talented people that didn't get in.

• 3 months later...

Archived