Philippine Idol

Guest neinsager

Guest neinsager

Filipino version of Pop Idol and American Idol
anyone who watches this? any favorites yet?

i do! it's funny. even funnier than american idol sometimes (and i used to think clueless untalented teens didn't exist in our country). i'm excited about the theater auditions on sunday. i want my favorites to get into the top24. when the voting starts, ubusan na naman ng load to, haha!

you should try it. sunday nights, 8PM on ABC5. first three episodes are downloadable. torrent links found in philippine idol thread at idolforums.com

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunnydays.

OMG. I wanna watch. --;; is it on TFC? LOL never mind, I don't even have that channel. Boo... T_____T;

Anyway, I would imagine that it's awesome to watch... so many filipinos can sing like crazy, a lot since they were little kids. So intimidating. u__u lol

Do most sing american songs, or tagalog songs, or is it equal?

Guest neinsager

FLiPSiDE, no it's not on tfc. i don't think abc5 has an international channel like tfc or pinoy tv. but you can download the weekly episodes from the torrent links at the philippine idol forum at idolforums.com. or if that's too much of a hassle, you can watch them on youtube.

they didn't show all the auditions (obviously) but they showed a lot of OPM. ugh, if i have to watch another reject sing "sumayaw sumunod" i'll scream. some even sang songs in their own dialect. one girl sang a japanese song (voltes V theme) and got through.

Guest suedbee

^^that was sooooo cool! :D

my family and i watched this on youtube and it was way hilarious!

the tranny was a pleasant surprise! he/she had such a cool mellow voice. go yova! :lol:

i wish they would stop the crazy dancing though and just sing. but i'm relieved there weren't that many (of those oh-so-typical) belters. it is supposed to be pop after all.

neinsager, who are your faves?

Guest Choi Ji Woo

To the thread starter, please see to it that there is no thread for a TV show before you start another one, ok?

It's because I've already made a thread months ago on Philippine Idol as well as on Pinoy Dream Academy..

Please look before you leap, okei?! I'm not mad at you but please don't be that careless next time..sorry too!

Guest neinsager

Choi Ji Woo, oh right, im sorry. i didn't really look at all the pages because there were quite a lot. seriously, looking for a thread that for all i know is not even there in the first place can be quite tiring. there's a tv show index though where thread starters can register to lessen duplication. i checked the index and i didn't find a philippine idol thread listed. anyway, i already registered this thread and am waiting for them to update the list. having said that, i request that next time you start a thread, register it so people will know that there is one. i hope that's reasonable enough. thanks!

suedbee, personal favorites? for different reasons, i like these people. there's that lady who sang route66, the guy who dressed up as a cowboy, the guy from julliard, the girl who got shot behind the ear, the curly haired guy who clearly lacked singing ability but was very funny, the girl who sang the voltes v theme, and giancarlo magdangal.

Guest sunnydays.

FLiPSiDE, no it's not on tfc. i don't think abc5 has an international channel like tfc or pinoy tv. but you can download the weekly episodes from the torrent links at the philippine idol forum at idolforums.com. or if that's too much of a hassle, you can watch them on youtube.

they didn't show all the auditions (obviously) but they showed a lot of OPM. ugh, if i have to watch another reject sing "sumayaw sumunod" i'll scream. some even sang songs in their own dialect. one girl sang a japanese song (voltes V theme) and got through.

LOL. Thank youuu ~ I'll be watching it then :D

Guest suedbee

suedbee, personal favorites? for different reasons, i like these people. there's that lady who sang route66, the guy who dressed up as a cowboy, the guy from julliard, the girl who got shot behind the ear, the curly haired guy who clearly lacked singing ability but was very funny, the girl who sang the voltes v theme, and giancarlo magdangal.

ooh, the girl who sang route 66, ira something. she was good! i hear she's atenean -- go ateneo! :ph34r:

i also remember that girl who got shot, she was good! but which one was the guy from juilliard?

giancarlo magdangal... was he the one from manila who auditioned in cebu and plays the piano? there's something very christian bautista about him.

Guest neinsager

really? she's an atenean? her name sounds very familiar. do you know which batch?

the guy from julliard, his name's jamie barcelon. he sang aint no mountain high enough, auditioned in davao. the guy had amazing control of his voice. francis m. said "i liked what i saw." pilita said "me too. ok sakin." ryan c. said he's "really good."

hahahahahahahahaha! yep that's the one. :lol: that's exactly what i said when i first saw him on philippine idol. he's very christian bautista! not a problem for me. i like christian bautista. but his voice seems stronger. anyway, my friend recognized him. he used to be in 1728, a much underrated singing group. i remember them singing sukob for one of abscbn's station id's in 2002 yata. ive also seen them live when they sang at our orsem. they're really good. but they didn't really become as famous as they would have been probably if they came out 8 years ago when the boy band era was at its peak.

according to sources, he's not related to jolina. hehe.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Choi Ji Woo, oh right, im sorry. i didn't really look at all the pages because there were quite a lot. seriously, looking for a thread that for all i know is not even there in the first place can be quite tiring. there's a tv show index though where thread starters can register to lessen duplication. i checked the index and i didn't find a philippine idol thread listed. anyway, i already registered this thread and am waiting for them to update the list. having said that, i request that next time you start a thread, register it so people will know that there is one. i hope that's reasonable enough. thanks!

haha..sorry there too 'coz i forgot to register the original thread..well, the mods can always merge threads....

Guest neinsager

^ its ok. :) yah maybe that can be done. they do it all the time at pinoyexchange.

i'm so excited to see tomorrow's episode. it's the theater auditions! im trying the imagine what the group songs will be like.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

^ its ok. :) yah maybe that can be done. they do it all the time at pinoyexchange.

they also do it on Tsinoy forums..but merging in Soompi forums is minimal & seldom, IMO..keep on posting!!!

Guest neinsager

yah abc admits that they're not a "habit channel" yet. but they're hoping that maybe philippine idol will help to put them on the map. and i think it's great that they got the franchise so there are more competitors in the market, not just the big two channels. i mean seriously, if i see another gma vs. abscbn thread again, i'll scream. it's just that i HATE the war that has been going on between the two stations for DECADES. and the sad fact is that this happens in so many levels, not only on the internet but in real life. ive seen teenagers having physical fights over which station is better. it's really very sad. it makes me feel *so* ashamed as a filipino. we need to see something new. we need to recognize the fact that success in TV world must not revolve around stations, not even if those stations are abscbn or gma, that other channels are capable of producing quality shows. whew sorry for going off topic. i got carried away. basta mainit talaga ulo ko sa network wars na yan.

anywaaaaaaay, top 24 next week! i saw that giancarlo magdangal and jamie barcelon were in the same trio. both are very very very good singers. if we're lucky, they'll show their group performance next week (they sang shout for joy, a song that i like). i'm looking forward to that.

oh, im going to add one more person to my favorites list. si YOVA! yung bading na cebuana, remember? he didnt really like strike me as special in the first round. but after the first day of the theater auditions, daaaang, i can honestly say that the cebuana beotch can sing good.

Seraphic_Gin, it's not too late to catch up. the voting hasn't even started yet (i'm loading up my phone next week, haha). the last 4 episodes are downloadable by bittorrent. also, they were uploaded on youtube. thanks for your interest.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

yah abc admits that they're not a "habit channel" yet. but they're hoping that maybe philippine idol will help to put them on the map. and i think it's great that they got the franchise so there are more competitors in the market, not just the big two channels. i mean seriously, if i see another gma vs. abscbn thread again, i'll scream. it's just that i HATE the war that has been going on between the two stations for DECADES. and the sad fact is that this happens in so many levels, not only on the internet but in real life. ive seen teenagers having physical fights over which station is better. it's really very sad. it makes me feel *so* ashamed as a filipino. we need to see something new. we need to recognize the fact that success in TV world must not revolve around stations, not even if those stations are abscbn or gma, that other channels are capable of producing quality shows. whew sorry for going off topic. i got carried away.

basta mainit talaga ulo ko sa network wars na yan.

yup, Filipinos were victims of the NETWORK WAR for so long..but please try to speak in English 'coz Soompi is an international forum, so English, being the international language, should be used at all times, whatever

nationality you belong..the mods may close this thread for disobedience to rules & being off-topic in here.. :)

Guest neinsager

yep sorry about that. but i don't think the mods will close the thread over one sentence. it's just that tagalog sounds more emphatic. if only for that, i made a sudden (brief) shift of language. i'll try to refrain from it though. thanks.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

yep sorry about that. but i don't think the mods will close the thread over one sentence. it's just that tagalog sounds more emphatic. if only for that, i made a sudden (brief) shift of language. i'll try to refrain from it though. thanks.

hey sorry for intruding with your posts too..i guess i was a bit rude..everyone makes mistakes..it's alright.....

Guest neinsager

^ oh it's perfectly all right. i get carried away a lot. actually what was posted here was the watered down version of what i REALLY felt about network wars, which can only be fully expressed physically (wahahaha) or by the juiciest choicest epithets in my verbal arsenal. i sometimes need to be reminded of proper conduct. so thanks!

anyway, francis M posted pics of the top 40. they were small group pics (1 for the female contestants, another one for the male) so it's hard to identify all the faces in there. but i looked at it closely for a few minutes and jamie barcelon wasn't there! WHAT? i really really really hope i was wrong.

Archived