Philippine Idol

Guest neinsager

Guest djoching

i like the one who sang gaya ng dati.. i think he's name is jan nieto.. simple .. so sad that he is not shown so much... hope he makes it so that he'll be focused on..

i think they focus too much on some contestants like the siblings and the paula girl...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest suedbee

anyway, francis M posted pics of the top 40. they were small group pics (1 for the female contestants, another one for the male) so it's hard to identify all the faces in there. but i looked at it closely for a few minutes and jamie barcelon wasn't there! WHAT? i really really really hope i was wrong.

which one's jamie barcelon? sorry for asking you all the time, but i can't keep track of their names.

oh yeah, and i wasn't able to answer you before; i don't know which batch ira is from. i just read it in one of the comments on youtube.

which reminds me, i should check if new eps have been uploaded. *off to search*

Guest neinsager

djoching,"reliable" online sources say he made it to the top 24. i guess we'll find out tomorrow night.

suedbee, jamie barcelon is the guy from julliard. after seeing him in the first round, i was expecting that he made it to the top 24 at least. i've seen the pic of the top 20 males. it didn't look like he was there. it was a small picture so it was hard to identify all the faces. i was able to identify the faces of some singers far less talented than he is (no need to mention who those singers are exactly, lol). if he didn't make it, then i just hope they show his group's performance.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

I can't wait to watch Pinoy Dream Academy on TFC.. heehee.. ^^'' All the pinoys from around the world.. can't wait to see their talent. heehee. ^^

About Philipppine Idol.. I only got to see episode 1 and 2 but besides that I haven't seen it.

haha you're both rooting for two competing reality shows huh..but i'm fed up with reality shows..Extra Extra or Extra Challenge, Pinoy Big Brother, Starstruck, Star Circle Quest, I've watched them all..now here comes

Philippine Idol & Pinoy Dream Academy..but I've got nothing against the contestants..I really admire them....

Guest neinsager

oh yah, there will be competition between the two shows, that is if they aren't competing already. i haven't seen much of pinoy dream academy to make a judgment but if it turns out to be good, it's not impossible to watch both that and philippine idol.

the question "which of the two is 'better'", which i think means "which is more enjoyable," is still an irrelevant one because it will largely depend on the kind of talent that they will showcase (ie their top contestants, the ones we will see every week). both shows have yet to pick theirs.

humihingi lang ako ng konting respeto. ayan, i'm writing in tagalog again to make my appeal sound more emphatic. as much as possible, please let's keep conversations in this thread exclusively about philippine idol. talking about PDA here only increases the chances of this thread turning into a pda vs. philippine idol thread. we already have dozens of those at pinoyexhange. if you wish to talk about pinoy dream academy, there's a right place for that. here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72873

i hope that's reasonable enough.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

oh yah, there will be competition between the two shows, that is if they aren't competing already. i haven't seen much of pinoy dream academy to make a judgment but if it turns out to be good, it's not impossible to watch both that and philippine idol.

the question "which of the two is 'better'", which i think means "which is more enjoyable," is still an irrelevant one because it will largely depend on the kind of talent that they will showcase (ie their top contestants, the ones we will see every week). both shows have yet to pick theirs.

neinsager, let's just support pinoy talents..you're definitely reasonable, there's no need to fight for the shows

humihingi lang ako ng konting respeto. ayan, i'm writing in tagalog again to make my appeal sound more emphatic. as much as possible, please let's keep conversations in this thread exclusively about philippine idol. talking about PDA here only increases the chances of this thread turning into a pda vs. philippine idol thread. we already have dozens of those at pinoyexhange. if you wish to talk about pinoy dream academy, there's a right place for that. here: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72873

i hope that's reasonable enough.

i'm not the one who started the ranting between PDA & PI, it was the other forumer..you should talk to him...

Guest neinsager

Choi Ji Woo, no it's ok it wasn't directed to you. ikaw naman, lol. it's an appeal to everyone who posts here particularly the person who started her post with "i can't wait to watch PDA." in fact, i directed her to your thread because she didn't seem to know that there is one. why would i direct you to your own thread? but thanks anyway for reading my post.

Guest neinsager

waaah i want to see it live next week. top 12 boys performances megamall cinema 3. i have no idea how and where to get tickets but i really really ad infinitum want to see them live!

Guest djoching

it will be difficult to get tickets because of the small venue.. each contestant is allowed only to bring 4 guests then the rest are reserved by the production... so unless you have connections within the production or a friend among the contestants, it will be hard to watch it live...

let's hope that once they finalize the top 12 they will move it to a bigger venue... or at least try the finals which is sure already to be done in araneta coliseum...

did anyone watch the idol exclusive last night? i was still at work so i did not see if they featured the top 24...

Guest neinsager

djoching, yah i know. invitational daw eh. argh. but i do hope to watch it live at least once this season. i haven't been to any televised event since hmmm... edsa 2 pa yata! lol. di naman, hehe. but i really really want to watch it live and see if they sound or at least look better in person.

i don't watch the exclusives. but some people capture it and upload them at the end of each week. torrents can be found at idolforums.

Guest Choi Ji Woo

Choi Ji Woo, no it's ok it wasn't directed to you. ikaw naman, lol. it's an appeal to everyone who posts here particularly the person who started her post with "i can't wait to watch PDA." in fact, i directed her to your thread because she didn't seem to know that there is one. why would i direct you to your own thread? but thanks anyway for reading my post.

neinsager, of course i knew that your statement is not directed towards me..thanks for your PMs..take care...

Guest neinsager

top 12 guys performance tonight was as SUPERB as the stage. i hope it will be as spectacular for the girls' performance next week. it seems that the biggest problem was the sound system. the voices were drowned by the band and a lot of times i really had to try to listen. maybe it's also because of the venue (sm megamall cinema 3) which wasn't built for live performances. they probably spent a lot of money creating the stage, which was beyond expectations. it's great, and these are just the top 24 performances. but the acoustics were terrible. there was too much echo. and at one point, the mic conked out on one of the contestants halfway through the song. he went on singing anyway and was given another chance to perform the parts where the mic didn't work.

technical difficulties aside, the show was great. the talent more than made up for all the technical problems. it was extremely difficult to find someone who stood out because most of them are REALLY GOOD. tonight it became very clear that the judges gave us a superbly talented bunch of guys.

of course i can't vote for all of them (it costs 2.50 per vote). but i did vote 5 times for giancarlo magdangal, and at least twice for freddie cabael, the one who sang macho gwapito.

PS. how i wish i was there. juday was in the audience hehehehe.

Guest angel2nyt

^^ i certainly agree...

i so love the whole show even with the technical difficulties..

fm and mamita was also fun to watch

i cant believe there was a 16-year-old contestant ( oh by the way he said he is already 17)

i enjoyed gian carlo and ramirr's performances the most

Guest neinsager

the fact that gian and ramirr weren't in the top 4 astounds me to no end.

does anyone else find this appalling?

I DO. really. im voting a lot in the wildcard round.

Guest djoching

no i was not surprised... i really did not listen to the judges opinion and made my own..

i found gian's performance inconsistent because of his too much dancing.. he was lost sometimes and ramirr's glory note at the end sounded a lot like april boy regino...

jan sang the hardest song because you have to have control over your voice to pull it off... he was not superb but he was good enough

by the way, among the 4 i liked drae's performance the best... so cool and relaxed...

Guest neinsager

djoching, yah i know. i didn't vote for ramirr either. his performance was so... hmm.. beerhouse?

but i found gian's performance very enjoyable. and given the song, the dancing was just right. and im really surprised that he didn't make it, and the 16 year old did. not that he was bad, but i think gian deserved it more than he did.

Guest djoching

well you're right between the two, i'd prefer gian to mig... but i'm curious why francis and ryan said that they wanted mig to go in the finals... maybe they saw potential in him in the audition? i don;t know i just hope when the 12 are finalized, they will give us a very good show...

or maybe we need mig so that there will be someone who will be eliminated first....

Guest neinsager

djoching, maybe what im really scared of is the power of TEEN VOTES. no offense meant to teenagers (technically i'm still one), but as i observed in american idol and malaysian idol, teens tend to vote heavily for other teens. that's how some contestants who are clearly less talented than the others manage to stay around even up to the top 6, and even win the whole competition. which of course should not happen, IMO. this is a talent search in the first place.

Guest djoching

really? i thought miguel made it because he's from a rich family and had the power to vote... at this point with 12 finalists, relative voting is still significant coz the votes are scattered....

Archived