[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

cecilia said: And now for a final post from me.....
I've been thinking about this during the past week and it became clearer to me todayMight sound like a joke but I do feel like I'm being enslaved by SLA atmLast 5 days i've slept a total of less than 20 hours, monday night I caught a taxi home for $100 in order to get home on time to watch ep 15, during work i'm not really working i have SLA in my head and i keep making mistakes, cant concentrate, I sleep at 5am in the morning when i have work at 9 the next day, I read the script and want to translate everything to perfection - anything less is not acceptable to me and it annoys me (you wouldnt believe how much) and today during the day, when YAI's practice video came out but I couldnt watch it (before someone captured and uploaded it), I went crazy at work - I had a headache from the blood going to my head from the urgency/desperation of wanting to watch it, I went around messaging my friends in Korea to try to ask them to help set up an account for me to watch it on this site that I couldnt join. Anyway, it just made me sit down and think "What are you doing?" Being behind in work and getting distracted do concern me but more than that, SLA is taking over my life. And I am not going to just let that happen.
So I have got to say that I'm going to withdraw and stop translating altogether. I might pop in but I will try not to too much. I probably will be back for Baeksang (I have high expectations!). Please tweet me @ceciliase7en or PM me if you want to chat or something but yeah I will pretty much be absent from this thread as much as possible from now on!
You guys take care! 

Guest xianzhongfan

cecilia said: And now for a final post from me.....
I've been thinking about this during the past week and it became clearer to me todayMight sound like a joke but I do feel like I'm being enslaved by SLA atmLast 5 days i've slept a total of less than 20 hours, monday night I caught a taxi home for $100 in order to get home on time to watch ep 15, during work i'm not really working i have SLA in my head and i keep making mistakes, cant concentrate, I sleep at 5am in the morning when i have work at 9 the next day, I read the script and want to translate everything to perfection - anything less is not acceptable to me and it annoys me (you wouldnt believe how much) and today during the day, when YAI's practice video came out but I couldnt watch it (before someone captured and uploaded it), I went crazy at work - I had a headache from the blood going to my head from the urgency/desperation of wanting to watch it, I went around messaging my friends in Korea to try to ask them to help set up an account for me to watch it on this site that I couldnt join. Anyway, it just made me sit down and think "What are you doing?" Being behind in work and getting distracted do concern me but more than that, SLA is taking over my life. And I am not going to just let that happen.
So I have got to say that I'm going to withdraw and stop translating altogether. I might pop in but I will try not to too much. I probably will be back for Baeksang (I have high expectations!). Please tweet me @ceciliase7en or PM me if you want to chat or something but yeah I will pretty much be absent from this thread as much as possible from now on!
You guys take care! 

alambala said: cecilia said: junebugg said: @cecilia 
Ok, so let me get this straight. At Hongdae, SJ believes getting caught as a couple is more 'meaningful' (read deep) than being found on the bed, as two people enslaved to their carnality. 
So 10 years is an epithet to "the couple who have achieved 'trust, comittment and understanding,' past the initial romantic or sexual love."
With that established, we should be reading his delivery at the prison scene as, "I don't know if we will be toegther until romatic love dies out, or until we are a blissful couple....
Apologies, but it still feels severely restricted in terms of his expectation for them. My only crib over that scene (or few of them from Ep 16) is that we shouldn't have to coat any frame/dialogue with so much interpretation to make sense of them. Its alright if we will have to use epithets or cross reference episodes to lend meaning to not-so-obvious references, but the delivery written for this scene is quite far from the SJ I know. Perhaps, the actors are not to be found fault for this. If they have executed the script flawlessly up until that point, then I lay down my bets against the writer/execution team, who lost focus towards the end. 
PS - You take all the credit for making me see the Hongdae 10 year reference in new light. THANK YOU!

Guest junebugg

@Seungshil 
Thanks for watching out for me! But, I did see all of those unspoken words in the screen and wrote a post about it too ;) YAI cracked this scene  - the shy enthusiam blazing in his face could not be ignored.

PS I don't know why everything is being underlined. I swear I wasn't trying to underscore that I had seen it before you did ;)

junebugg said: @Seungshil 
Thanks for watching out for me! But, I did see all of those unspoken words in the screen and wrote a post about it too ;) YAI cracked this scene  - the shy enthusiam blazing in his face could not be ignored.

PS I don't know why everything is being underlined. I swear I wasn't trying to underscore that I had seen it before you did ;)

Guest junebugg

seungshinl said: junebugg said: @Seungshil 

Guest Linh ThiP

I really sad, until now still can't know is 1 year or 10 years .Someone tell me the answer ??????

Guest dualnon

seungshinl said: cecilia said:
@seungshinl I usually use the naver dictionary combined with daum search engine. Some words I just randomly look up on daum and sometimes people blog about certain usage of some words etc. Particularly useful for colloquial/urban vocab. But i know how difficult it is!

seungshinl said: alambala said: cecilia said: junebugg said: @cecilia 
Ok, so let me get this straight. At Hongdae, SJ believes getting caught as a couple is more 'meaningful' (read deep) than being found on the bed, as two people enslaved to their carnality. 
So 10 years is an epithet to "the couple who have achieved 'trust, comittment and understanding,' past the initial romantic or sexual love."
With that established, we should be reading his delivery at the prison scene as, "I don't know if we will be toegther until romatic love dies out, or until we are a blissful couple....
Apologies, but it still feels severely restricted in terms of his expectation for them. My only crib over that scene (or few of them from Ep 16) is that we shouldn't have to coat any frame/dialogue with so much interpretation to make sense of them. Its alright if we will have to use epithets or cross reference episodes to lend meaning to not-so-obvious references, but the delivery written for this scene is quite far from the SJ I know. Perhaps, the actors are not to be found fault for this. If they have executed the script flawlessly up until that point, then I lay down my bets against the writer/execution team, who lost focus towards the end. 
PS - You take all the credit for making me see the Hongdae 10 year reference in new light. THANK YOU!