[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

kngdrama said: I feel bad for SJ that his first love had to be built on deception, lies, and stealing another man's wife.
His initiation into overpowering feelings and sex has to remain hidden in the darkness, controlled and repressed. 
The image of SJ with a sunny smile on his face, running on the street and HW peaking out of the window under the gaze of her watchful, suspicious husband. 
I am grieving in advance for his lost innocence, future betrayal (knowing HW, she will betray him to keep her mask on, her status intact), and broken heart. 

Seriously, can this show get any better? Pointless question, really, since it’s been getting better with each minute.  I literally died during this whole sequence – this is a pure shippy heaven. I don’t know what I like more - them playing the piano or being in SJ’s apartment because whenever they end up in there SJ ends kneeling at HW’s feet. It’s perfect on so many levels and keeps getting better with each passing second. 

The moment SJ realises she really came to see him, he immediately perks up and even starts teasing her! Awwww!First, he tells her to hold on the railings because it’s dangerous and then he takes her phone to light her way so she wouldn’t hurt herself. (If it were KJH he would grab her phone and light his own way, not giving a damn that she might get hurt.)

tumblr_n3dfrrPQl01s8t96qo8_250.png  tumblr_n3dfrrPQl01s8t96qo3_250.png

Look at this screencap and how SJ’s is smiling at HW – that’s not SJ smiling at HW but YAI giving the mischievous smile to KHA because she has to scale the narrow staircase in 15 cm heels. 

tumblr_n3dfrrPQl01s8t96qo5_500.png

He gives her a towel to wipe her hands! I mean, she only touched a normal railing! Something she must have done million times in her life without a second thought but now there is a man who deems it too dirty for her and then he starts to wipe the floor on all four just because he thinks it too dirty for her to step on! And it actually gets better! He finds her a box to sit on (well, the floor is not good enough for her pretty derriere, obviously) and wipes the dust from it so she could sit on it. The last straw for my sanity was when he started to wash his hands vehemently and wiped it before making a coffee for her because he would touch a cup that would touch her lips! I think I have listed it all but frankly I would jump on him before he would have the chance to cash his hand because what woman can resist a man who wipes a floor for her (or such a sexy backside;-))?!

tumblr_n3dfrrPQl01s8t96qo10_r1_500.jpg

All these little gestures reveal more about what HW means to him and how precious she is than a milion words. They show how much SJ’s cares about her and cherishes her, putting her safety and well-being first. What a stark contrast to KJH who fled just at the mention of mice; not giving a second thought about HW. In her husband’s eyes HW is always last – first is him, second his ambitions and only then comes what HW can do for him. He doesn’t care about her or her feelings. It must be a heady experience for her to suddenly have someone who puts her first. People have written in joke that HW must be checking SJ’s firm backside (I bet a part of her did, hell, the shallow me did, too) but I think the realisation dawns at her how extraordinary this man is despite coming from such humble background.

• Like 1

"To you, I am 100% sincere, so I don’t have to lie, is what I mean. I have nothing to be afraid of. Of course I’ll have to hide it from other people. To protect you. But…that’s why I can do it even better. Now that I’m here in my own home, my confidence has gone up, and somehow I feel like I have nothing to hide. I feel likeI’m a rather decent guy. So, as for you, don’t worry too much, and don’t act too grown-up either, and…You just need to love me. You have nothing to lose. It’s obvious I’m the one who loves you more."

Heres what is said in the preview

First its HW saying "Sometimes home is like a workplace"

Then i dont know whose voice it is

Madame Han tells HW to clean the mess up thoroughly

Then i think it was Young Woo who said, it's time you stopped running errands for Madame Han(i think she means like helping her do things behind everyone's back)

Young Woo says, How much of the corruption do you think you can cover up?

My guess is that Young woo is jot happy with Sun jae passing the audition because the special circumstances were made for him. I think thats why he was ushered out of the room when hey were arguing

Sun jae says to HW, my heart is 100% true (100% sincere). HW says, are you telling me to believe that?Leave! ...sj says everything, everything is sincere/true. then HW yells, well what is your true heart?(like asking what he is saying that he is sincere about)

Sj says u said u were having a hard time, because i love u

this is all i remember from watching this last night. cant seem to load the vid on my phone

I'm feeling this sadness for HW.  The pics of her in Episode 7 @briseis make her appear so vulnerable.

I think she's done a lot for SJ, very quietly and not expecting anything in return from him except for him to work hard and reach his potential.  She helped scout his talent, recommended him, encouraged him when he gave up the piano after his Mom's death by sending him the novel with meaningful notes.  And she intervened and got him out of a situation that could have lead to a criminal conviction and prison time.  She is also trying to help his career development by encouraging SJ to think bigger in terms of the international stage.  She's really done a lot for him that he doesn't know about.  If she loses everything because of their affair, it would be a shame of her efforts and talents.  She's not some helpless princess who needs rescuing.  She just needs to make better emotional decisions, like leaving her loveless marriage.  She should strike out on her as an entrepreneur and leave the SA world behind.  Anyways, I don't want to see any more bruises on HW, literally and figuratively.

Hmm ... I should get back to work and cut back on SLA.

Maybe at the beginning of the 7th episode.... it seems that she is waiting for him and he is running to her!

Actually it looked more like he's running away from her.

:(

But that place she's peering out from seemingly looking for him....is that a motel? :-?

Jumping up and down. Heck yeah!

img_20140401120655_6fa74bd0.<blockquoteNice catch by @Llamaesque‌ of Outside Seoul
http://tmblr.co/ZeMM0v1CGAVZr

imagejpg1_zps418bd811.jpg

Have I told you how much I love this show? I LOVE THIS SHOW! :x

">

I love your gif @calculator. I can stare at it like forever... @-)

I love this show too and have something now to be glad that its "Monday" (which normally would mean the blues).

But seriously - whats wrong with them - why are they not doing anything about the oily make-up.

Need to check out this parody ;)

I love this show too and have something now to be glad that its "Monday" (which normally would mean the blues).

But seriously - whats wrong with them - why are they not doing anything about the oily make-up.

Need to check out this parody ;)

I think Oily makeup is currently the it trend in korean they even have tutorial to get that look in a tv shows

I think Oily makeup is currently the it trend in korean they even have tutorial to get that look in a tv shows

I'm suspecting that the oily look (at least for KHA) is to make her look more youthful? U know how young pp have oilier skin...

Speaking of young pp, there are some pics of YAI (in the YAI International Community Facebook page) when he was actually 20 years old. Gosh, he looked like a skinny puny teenage punk ( still cute tho) and I don't think I can bear to watch SLA if YAI looked like that. It'll really be a case of cradle snatching! Gross.

The truth is, SJ is 20 and to HW, as she's mentioned b4 when chatting on the Internet with SJ, he's a Baby. How I wish he's a wee bit older and she a wee bit younger. As much as I am open minded about older women-younger men relationships, we can't go against the laws of nature. When SJ becomes a strapping dashing charming 40 year old renown pianist our HW would be 60!

I think our sensible HW will consider all this and choose to give up the relationship with SJ becuz it has no future. SJ only thinks about the current and does not plan ahead. HW can't afford to do that. So sad....

Guest missenjo

imho, i think their faces meant to look dewy and fresh, and from what i gathered in google, it's The Trend in there.
But oh yes, it toooo 'dewy'. Did you guys notice she appears to have a more exotic skin in SLA?
i love KHA's look more in wife credentials. She looks way younger and fresher there, although more ahjuma than in SLA. Both ways, i love her too much!